Pinilla Stays!!!

Seashell

Walter Bishop

7000 Season ticket sales, Pinilla signs 3 year deal, is today the 1st April again???

:evilno:

Woooo, 3yrs of money for nothing, nice work Pini(no)gol :D

He'll be signing to be sold I'd imagine.

Never saw this one at all.

They must reckon he has it in him and that they will recoup the masses of money that they have spent on him after he has had a good season (or two).

Although on recent form it would be more like a couple of decent games...

WTF is going on??

Dr. Bapswent

Brilliant, thats gonna right get up the nose of loads of folk on here.

Pure class.

Hehehe.

This will mean either:

1. We will punt him for a fee.

or

2. Try our hardest to get him playing again and try and build our strikeforce around him.

I prefer option 2.

EDIT: I mean try to get him to work has hard as possible to get fit.

Come on. Pre-season wouldn't be pre-season if we didn't have Pinilla build-up.

Meh.

Now I'll renew my season ticket

:D

Me too! Will be good to see him on the park, when I spoke to him recently he said he was about 2 weeks away from fitness so maybe see him sooner rather than later!!;);)

Guest juvehearts

WTF sign a boy that is 1. home sick , 2 injury prone & 3, IMO hasn't done enough in his time at hearts to merit a new deal.

this is verging on the unbelieveiable ffs :evilno::evilno::mad::mad::mad:.

another 3 years of taking fans hard earned cash.

chester copperpot
WTF sign a boy that is 1. home sick , 2 injury prone & 3, IMO hasn't done enough in his time at hearts to merit a new deal.

Exactly.

I really hope this is so we get a transfer deal for him. I think he's an amazing player, but lets be honest here, with his mental and fitness issue's, we'll be lucky to see him play again.

Boaby Ewing

I think we'll qualify for the Champions League next season.

Anyone have odds for a compiler on: Pinigoal bagging 20+ goals and Hearts finishing in the top two.

It's a one-way bet.

It's not up on the EEN website yet.

Its just in the 1st edition out today. Tom just phoned me the now!

May sound strange seeing as I usually try to see the positive side Hearts but I am not too chuffed with this one.

In short, why?

Two years and through injury, illness and god knows what else he's failed to muster over 10 appearances. All the while getting paid ridiculous amounts of money. He sold have been told to go and his wages spent on more reliable players.

Dr. Bapswent
May sound strange seeing as I usually try to see the positive side Hearts but I am not too chuffed with this one.

In short, why?

Two years and through injury, illness and god knows what else he's failed to muster over 10 appearances. All the while getting paid ridiculous amounts of money. He sold have been told to go and his wages spent on more reliable players.

Exactly, he's got it all out his system and is now going to bang in 20+ goals each year.

WOOHOOO..

Nucky Thompson
Its just in the 1st edition out today. Tom just phoned me the now!
Good news:)

rossi_1983

Excellent news

The boy is class, but has had a really bad time of it with injuries this season. He is gonna rip the league apart next season!

Exactly, he's got it all out his system and is now going to bang in 20+ goals each year.

WOOHOOO..

I really, really hope you are right.

I had really high hopes for Pinilla for two years and I was let down. I'm going in the other direction this time, hopefully I'm proved wrong this time.

awadooningorgie2

Some things just don't add up in the world of Heart of Midlothian these days.........

chester copperpot
I really, really hope you are right.

I had really high hopes for Pinilla for two years and I was let down. I'm going in the other direction this time, hopefully I'm proved wrong this time.

If its a pay as you play deal, then that would be best for everyone IMO.

Guest GhostHunter

Pinilla has the potential to be one of our very very best strikers ever.

But then, I have the potential to invent the biggest Interwebthinymadoodah thing ever.

The Mighty Thor

What a dreadful business decision that is.

He's done nothing to warrant another deal. In fact he's done nothing full stop.

The club are becoming increasingly desparate and frantic now.

I'm sure Snr Pinilla was busting his baws to get that deal signed, money for nothing and chicks for free!

Dr Baps is right. it'll get right up the nose of people that live in the real world and people that actually want Hearts to arrest the slide. Re-signing this joker sends out the wrong message loud and clear.

Expect extensions for our lithuanian 'stars' to follow.

:mw_confused::rofl:

With all this hard earned goingto the club how on earth did we make a loss last season?

Sexton Hardcastle

Love it how everyone has changed there tune. One miniute they cant wait to see the back of the boy calling him all sorts...then he signs a new contract and hes god gift. Gotta love kickback

Well they did say they are going to try and pay a smaller basic wage with bigger bonuses. Lets hope thats the case with Pinigol.

chester copperpot
Well they did say they are going to try and pay a smaller basic wage with bigger bonuses. Lets hope thats the case with Pinigol.

If its not, then its another case of financial mismanagement by the football club.

I'd be very pleased with that.

Sounds far too smart to come from our club though. Wouldn't you think?

Cliffundo

I gather that buy cutting costs we are looking to trim the sqaud rather than cut out the higher earners? pingol is reportedly on a handsome salary and I thought our days of paying this was over!

Im happy we can still sign this calibre of player, but I would be happier if this player was actually able to play for us on match day! 2 years of injuries leaves me feeling confused wether this is right for us or not.

I reckon they are gambling on him getting back to his best!

Hilary Briss

He is without doubt the most talented striker we have at the club.

It is a risk but if he was to stay fit, he could be a superstar for us. Its a big "if" though but after watching that huddie Elliott again last night I am happy to take the risk.

chester copperpot
I'd be very pleased with that.

Sounds far too smart to come from our club though. Wouldn't you think?

:Agree:

hearts_crazy

:4_1_72::4_1_72:

What else is there for us to do? If he plays a single game for us next season i'll chop my own chopper off.

Ok maybe the powers that be are thinking well we have invested time and money helping this (obviously talented) player get back to fitness, sign him again and lets see if we can get some results from him.

Now I dont know the guy personally but have seen him at a few of the 'do's' and he always seemed down in the dumps, apart from the last two I have attended where he was sat along side Screpis and Ruben. The three of them were speaking in the same tongue, laughing and joking all together. Now maybe he has found people around him he can relate to. Mates he can share a joke with when things are not so good for him. I know he is a professional but he is also human!

It is as we all know important to be happy at work and these guys have feelings just like you and I. Maybe things just got a whole lot rosier for Pinilla and he wants now to give us all something back!!!

Personally I cant wait to see him bang the goals in!

Dr. Bapswent
:4_1_72::4_1_72:

What else is there for us to do? If he plays a single game for us next season i'll chop my own chopper off.

Is this legally binding?

Bookmark this post immediatelly!

Guest juvehearts
:mw_confused::rofl:

With all this hard earned goingto the club how on earth did we make a loss last season?

resigning duds like this & giving over generous contracts to over rated players.

Can't get too excited about this. Based on our experience with him so far, the new deal can only be because no-one else wants him or else he has a quick sell-on plan. It is certainly nothing to do with loyalty to Hearts.

Hopefully there is something in the new contract linking his wages to actually playing for the team.

I did hear the plan was for all players to be on the same basic wage then earn bonuses. Not goal bonuses and such as unfair on the defenders but team bonuses for wins etc. If Pinilla is on this and is willing to commit then as long as the fecker actually plays it would be a good thing.

Brilliant, thats gonna right get up the nose of loads of folk on here.

Pure class.

[edit - um -slightly OTT for a family board]

Susie-Jambo-66

Pinilla & Screpis both playing in a team could be good for Hearts. They both look very talanted

:107years:

Love it how everyone has changed there tune. One miniute they cant wait to see the back of the boy calling him all sorts...then he signs a new contract and hes god gift. Gotta love kickback

I've not changed my tune at all.

I'd have been glad to see the back of him. I'm disappointed he's staying.

I'm glad he's staying (if, indeed, he actually does).

I'd rather we took a chance with him than settle for Clum.

Ok maybe the powers that be are thinking well we have invested time and money helping this (obviously talented) player get back to fitness, sign him again and lets see if we can get some results from him.

Now I dont know the guy personally but have seen him at a few of the 'do's' and he always seemed down in the dumps, apart from the last two I have attended where he was sat along side Screpis and Ruben. The three of them were speaking in the same tongue, laughing and joking all together. Now maybe he has found people around him he can relate to. Mates he can share a joke with when things are not so good for him. I know he is a professional but he is also human!

It is as we all know important to be happy at work and these guys have feelings just like you and I. Maybe things just got a whole lot rosier for Pinilla and he wants now to give us all something back!!!

Personally I cant wait to see him bang the goals in!

Haven't met him either but I know someone who does know him.

Apparently he is off his head but is a really friendly person.

Excellent news

The boy is class, but has had a really bad time of it with injuries this season. He is gonna rip the league apart next season!

Aaaaaah ....A star buried in the lazy uninterested **** that he will have to play with!

Billy the Jambo

A fecking shocking decision Hearts should have punted his lazy erse back to Chile .A 3 year contract for that waster he must be ****ing himself laughing at the stupidity of Hearts as it is a 3 year contract we will see him play about 6 games .

MAURICIO PINILLA has signed a new three-year contract with Hearts after the club invoked their option to buy him outright from the Italian side Inter Milan.

The Chilean internationalist was owned jointly by Hearts and Inter with each club paying 50 per cent of his ?12,000-a-week wage, but the Evening News can reveal that the Tynecastle side now own him exclusively. The new deal is understood to be on similar terms to Pinilla's previous one but with a more performance-related structure. It could also be extended for a fourth year if Hearts desire.

Vladimir Romanov and the club hierarchy have invested serious money in helping the striker overcome a series of physical injuries and mental problems and still believe he could offer a worthwhile return.

Pinilla has had a rethink on his future after recently declaring a wish to return to Chile to spend more time with his two-year-old daughter, Agustina. He has managed just eight appearances, scoring twice, in two injury-plagued years in Scotland but has now committed himself to Hearts until 2011. The story was confirmed today by Pinilla's agent in Santiago, Hugo Rubio. "Mauricio has signed for another three years, he is happy and is looking forward to staying in Scotland," he said.

The 24-year-old forward has recovered from knee ligament damage sustained during a training session in January but is likely to undergo a rigorous pre-season this summer before appearing for the first team again.

Dont know how to do a link but this is from EEN website

Valentinho

I too am surprised with this news andI have tried to understand the thinking behind it (if true, of course)

Possibilities:

1. Pinilla feels he owes a debt to HMFC (and he does!!) - but why 3 years?

2. HMFC feel his well documented problems are behind him and are looking for some payback on the pitch and Pinilla has agreed to sign, with an easy get-out clause if another club come a-callin'.

3.HMFC are sick of the guy and want to get some dosh for him (well deserved!!) a la Skacel

Personally, I think no 3 is closest to the truth. However, I would love a fit, hungry Pinigol as the few "tasters" we have had suggest he has REAL talent. We could then sell him in a couple of years for Gordon-esque type money.

As ever with Hearts, we will ot be told what is happening, we will just have to watch it pan it in the fullness of time.

Well look on the bright side we have only being paying him ?6k a week for two seasons and not ?12k.

Also mention of perfromance related bonuses.

Archived