'The Story of The Hearts 1874-1924' Book

The man who loved beer

The man who loved beer

I have this dusty old book which was given to me by an elderly relative and if I thought it was worth anything at all I'd have no hesitation in selling/auctioning/donating it. It was written by William Reid with a foreword by the Hon. Lord Anderson. It was printed in Edinburgh by a company called Turnbull & Spears. Thats all the info I have. Anyone any thoughts?

I have this dusty old book which was given to me by an elderly relative and if I thought it was worth anything at all I'd have no hesitation in selling/auctioning/donating it. It was written by William Reid with a foreword by the Hon. Lord Anderson. It was printed in Edinburgh by a company called Turnbull & Spears. Thats all the info I have. Anyone any thoughts?

I have the same book, left to me by my Grandad.

the general

bought this about twenty years ago for ?50 no idea if I got a good deal or not

was a present for my dad

londonjambo

It is valuable. Copies tend to go for about ?200

GC

The man who loved beer

Ok, seems there may be a wee bit of interest. If anyone fancies making an offer, then PM me. I'll either donate the cash or put it towards season tickets.

jambogee1974

I've got that one plus "A pictorial history 1874-1984 signed by- Walter Kidd,Coulhoun,MacKay,Crabbe,Levein,Clark and others.

Very sentimental though from my late Grandad who had a heart attack at Tynecastle and died shortly after. Would have to be a crazy offer to sell for the cause.

Archived