Uruguay v Nigeria BBC3 now

Jezza

rossthejambo

Lawrenson's doing my nut in already. "Cavani a man short on confidence, how many has he scored this season"

Just the 33 :cornette:

Harry Palmer

1-0 Uruguay.

Lawro showing his ignorance again? I am surprised.

Harry Palmer

And that's 1-1.

Not really paying much attention to this game though.

Hannibal Lecter

Fantastic strike from Forlan there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Someone's had it in for him!

:rofl:

Funniest thing I've heard Lawro say.

Was that in response to the guy who's dad was 98 when he was born? :)

Was that in response to the guy who's dad was 98 when he was born? :)

It was. Andrade was the player I think.

Harry Palmer

Cavani through on goal, from the angle of the box and balloons it high and wide... :lol:

Forlan is some player. All over the pitch now, spraying incredible passes and that goal to top it off.

Yet they always have to mention how it didn't work out for him at Man Utd.

shaun.lawson

Forlan is some player. All over the pitch now, spraying incredible passes and that goal to top it off.

He's been flat out terrible for Uruguay for 2 years. Just having a decent game tonight, that's all. He's not the answer though, and Uruguay will get nowhere until they replace him with a genuine number 10.

It's a mystery though and he was loved at united also.

Said it last match and ill say it again that Ambrose is a complete huddy.

He's been flat out terrible for Uruguay for 2 years. Just having a decent game tonight, that's all. He's not the answer though, and Uruguay will get nowhere until they replace him with a genuine number 10.

I'll bow to your greater experience of Uruguayan football but tonight he's been fantastic. If only him and Francescoli had been around at the peak of both of their powers. And of course Montero to terrify people.

Gregory House M.D.

Cavani is having a honking tournament. Return to Italy, son. Stop embarrassing yourself.

shaun.lawson

I'll bow to your greater experience of Uruguayan football but tonight he's been fantastic. If only him and Francescoli had been around at the peak of both of their powers. And of course Montero to terrify people.

Here's the thing about Francescoli though. What major clubs did he play for in Europe? And on the greatest stage of all - the World Cup - what did he do for Uruguay either?

I see him as a beautiful player, but who could be counted on to under-achieve when it most mattered. A lot of Uruguayan players fell into that bracket: Recoba and Sosa were other examples. I also have a particular dislike for Francescoli because he played a huge role in bringing the hideous Paco Casal - the man who makes Rupert Murdoch look like Mother Teresa - into Uruguayan football. Casal ended up more or less controlling the entire sport here: he's a super-agent who owns Tenfield, VTV and GolTV, probably played some sort of role in the Calciopoli scandal in Italy, tells Uruguayan coaches what players to pick for the national team (which has often resulted in dreadful cliques), and is just not to be messed with.

After my arrival here, when I told my boss about my book plans, and that this would obviously involve me writing about Casal, she said "Shaun - for God's sake don't. You'll wind up dead". That's the kind of guy he is; and Enzo is best buddies with him. Great stuff. :yucky:

Say What Again

What's J Pearce's chat about Lugano being subbed about?

He's claiming injury, and suspended for the next match, so they're looking to get his replacement for the weekend game on.

He says it would be a monumental moment in contemporary Uruguayan football history. Wtf?

Here's the thing about Francescoli though. What major clubs did he play for in Europe? And on the greatest stage of all - the World Cup - what did he do for Uruguay either?

I see him as a beautiful player, but who could be counted on to under-achieve when it most mattered. A lot of Uruguayan players fell into that bracket: Recoba and Sosa were other examples. I also have a particular dislike for Francescoli because he played a huge role in bringing the hideous Paco Casal - the man who makes Rupert Murdoch look like Mother Teresa - into Uruguayan football. Casal ended up more or less controlling the entire sport here: he's a super-agent who owns Tenfield, VTV and GolTV, probably played some sort of role in the Calciopoli scandal in Italy, tells Uruguayan coaches what players to pick for the national team (which has often resulted in dreadful cliques), and is just not to be messed with.

After my arrival here, when I told my boss about my book plans, and that this would obviously involve me writing about Casal, she said "Shaun - for God's sake don't. You'll wind up dead". That's the kind of guy he is; and Enzo is best buddies with him. Great stuff. :yucky:

I don't care. he's one of my favourite players of all time.

Cavani is having a honking tournament. Return to Italy, son. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Is he not off to Monaco?

Alan Johnson

Two Nigerian boys rolling around pretending to be injured looking for free kicks and Lawro's all concerned that they're hurt. That'll be the same reaction you had when the Uruguayan player was down, aye? I suppose he is South American so obviously must have been diving.

The BBC employ this man. :cornette:

shaun.lawson

There's an equaliser here for Nigeria if they believe in themselves, you know.

shaun.lawson

Two Nigerian boys rolling around pretending to be injured looking for free kicks and Lawro's all concerned that they're hurt. That'll be the same reaction you had when the Uruguayan player was down, aye? I suppose he is South American so obviously must have been diving.

The BBC employ this man. :cornette:

Yes, but they're African. Unlike those greasy, Macchiavellian South Americans, they play with "joy in their eyes" and are "just happy to be here".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lawro never stops being a complete dobber. Spoils every game.

Is like Andrew Castle and bbc tennis. Both are complete trumpets that ruin the viewing.

shaun.lawson

What's J Pearce's chat about Lugano being subbed about?

He's claiming injury, and suspended for the next match, so they're looking to get his replacement for the weekend game on.

He says it would be a monumental moment in contemporary Uruguayan football history. Wtf?

Maybe he meant that Coates for Lugano = the changing of the guard? No idea otherwise.

Alan Johnson

It's almost like Lawro feels that Cavani is personally insulting him by wanting to go to a French or Spanish team rather than THE GREATEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD.

shaun.lawson

There's an equaliser here for Nigeria if they believe in themselves, you know.

Which they didn't, :)

Said it last match and ill say it again that Ambrose is a complete huddy.

:spoton:

Clueless and useless. To think the Celtic fans rave about him :wow:

Gregory House M.D.

:spoton:

Clueless and useless. To think the Celtic fans rave about him :wow:

The oldest 24 year old on earth as well. :rofl:

The oldest 24 year old on earth as well. :rofl:

I think Mo Bangura will contest that one :lol:

Archived