Two defeats in a season away to Falkirk

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

PresidentRomanov

We went bottom of the league when we lost to Falkirk under Jim Jefferies too :)

This threads hilarious :loser:

Charlie-Brown
Jesus Christ this is like a McCarthy-ite witch hunt:

"Have you at any any time been p*shed, watched Hearts play sh*te, get beat and then get nostalgiac for the good old days..."

Of course...but you chose the worng team / wrong venue / wrong group of players as one of their heaviest defeats & regular defeats occured at Falkirk away......

PresidentRomanov
Jesus Christ this is like a McCarthy-ite witch hunt:

"Have you at any any time been p*shed, watched Hearts play sh*te, get beat and then get nostalgiac for the good old days..."

The good old day's when we lost to Falkirk all the time? :mw_tease:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
We went bottom of the league when we lost to Falkirk under Jim Jefferies too :)

This threads hilarious :loser:

...who became our manager because in those days we had a board that could do that. Bring a decent manager in.

Also, the fact that we suffered such a defeat was enough for the board to do something about it.

But your right, now its much better...

Nelly Terraces
Of course...but you chose the worng team / wrong venue / wrong group of players as one of their heaviest defeats & regular defeats occured at Falkirk away......

Aye, alright, think the lads had hard enough time on this thread without you weighing in. Great, you're right, give yourself a medal. Small man.

MacDonald Jardine
It was a p*sh season but Clarlks record once he got his team playing for him was very good. Then the Hamster was brought in and that was another crap season. Though as usual Hearts fans have selective memories, some of the results that season were not bad but the fact was Hearts fans just did not like the wee turd.

Dont blame them.

Not exactly "steadying the ship" though was it?

He took us into the mire (although I tend to blame the players too) then got us out.

Selective memories is right.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Aye, alright, think the lads had hard enough time on this thread without you weighing in. Great, you're right, give yourself a medal. Small man.

Its alright Punk-brother..

They have not won an argument with me for a while...;)

(PS bought the new Best of Specials CD with a DVD of their videos, brilliant)

PresidentRomanov
...who became our manager because in those days we had a board that could do that. Bring a decent manager in.

Also, the fact that we suffered such a defeat was enough for the board to do something about it.

But your right, now its much better...

He also won us the Scottish Cup, then spent a fortune on crap players, and nearly got us relegated.

Ring any bells ;)

I'd like to direct this at HoG as well. Champions League had nothing to do with the original argument. It was that losing to Falkirk twice in a season was a massive, 'unprecedented' thing to have happen to us. I pointed out a much better Hearts side had failed to register a home win against some dross in 1999/00.

Don't see your point. Remember our aims were - and we haven't been told any different so we must assume still are - to be a major force in the SPL and in the Champions League as well. In that context I would say losing twice to a bottom 6 club in unacceptable, no matter how bad we've been in the past. It may have been acceptable when we were rubbish and cash strapped but now that we're striving for the big time I don't think we should be satified with mediocrity.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
He also won us the Scottish Cup, then spent a fortune on crap players, and nearly got us relegated.

Ring any bells ;)

Like I said, we have moved up to the next level...

MacDonald Jardine
Don't see your point. Remember our aims were - and we haven't been told any different so we must assume still are - to be a major force in the SPL and in the Champions League as well. In that context I would say losing twice to a bottom 6 club in unacceptable, no matter how bad we've been in the past. It may have been acceptable when we were rubbish and cash strapped but now that we're striving for the big time I don't think we should be satified with mediocrity.

I don't disagree but the whole point in the OP was how bad we are now compared to these glory days.

It's now become how relatively bad we are because of the money we spend.

PresidentRomanov
Like I said, we have moved up to the next level...

What you actually said was, Hearts teams of the past, would never have lost twice to Falkirk :)

Backtrack all you like, but you've made a monumental fool of yourself :)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
What you actually said was, Hearts teams of the past, would never have lost twice to Falkirk :)

Backtrack all you like, but you've made a monumental fool of yourself :)

...no I gave all you pedants the chance to bite because lets face it, you have not had much to gloat about on JKB lately.

A bit embarrassing how you keep it going.

Cant you spend more of your energy in trying to keep up pressure on your mate Vlad to get us a real manager?

And anyway, you will note if you read my OP, I said can you imagine those players "playing" like that?

And to be more pedantic, I could have meant "the Glorious vision that is Hearts under Vladimir Romanov's tutelage lose two away games to Falkirk, Unprecedented!"

PresidentRomanov
...no I gave all you pedants the chance to bite because lets face it, you have not had much to gloat about on JKB lately.

A bit embarrassing how you keep it going.

Cant you spend more of your energy in trying to keep up pressure on your mate Vlad to get us a real manager?

I gave Hearts ?765 the other week toward the cost of a new manager - what have you done :)

Commander Harris

oh for goodness sake!

people who are disagreeing with the OP are doing so soley on a point of fact - the OP suggested it was unprecedented - it turned out it wasn't. don't think anyone is suggesting everything is wonderful or that hearts shouldn't be doing better against a team like falkirk.

FWIW - i found it blooming funny when TC made his post as it was such a glorious contradiction of the original statement, but I couldn't really care who is right or wrong here.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I gave Hearts ?765 the other week toward the cost of a new manager - what have you done :)

End of discussion.

You lost.

You resorted to the last refuge of a Vladsheep: "The I'm a better fan than you."

Told you, Nelly T.

Easy.;)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
oh for goodness sake!

people who are disagreeing with the OP are doing so soley on a point of fact - the OP suggested it was unprecedented - it turned out it wasn't. don't think anyone is suggesting everything is wonderful or that hearts shouldn't be doing better against a team like falkirk - they are simply disputing things on a factual basis.

FWIW - i found it blooming funny when TC made his post as it was such a glorious contradiction of the original statement, but I really couldn't really care who is right or wrong here.

A dull night on JKB, CH...

Don't know how we got to this point in time...

Never said it was unacceptable.

I was merely saying to the OP that he was over the top and better Hearts teams have bee just as bad against worse teams than this.

In fact I'm sure I stated in my first post that there were problems but to highlight two defeats to Falkirk was missing the point a little. I saw it as moaning for the sake of it and therefore posting what I did. There are much bigger problems at this club than our away record at The Falkirk Stadium, I think it's better to complain about what is really relevant rather than complaining about every negative aspect.

Charlie-Brown

:rolleyes: that was sad!

PresidentRomanov
End of discussion.

You lost.

You resorted to the last refuge of a Vladsheep: "The I'm a better fan than you."

Told you, Nelly T.

Easy.;)

What colour is the sky in your world :wacko:

Ben Dover
Last night was worse than even that season produced. At least back then, we had players with fight for all they were dross.

Incomparable.

Not sure what the original point was on this thread but I just cant accept people disecting the current shambles and propping up their views with misty memories of 'the glory days'

I consider myself a fairly 'good Jambo and yet, over 35+ years, I've been driven to toss three scarves away having witnessed these guys supposedly dying for the jersey :rolleyes:

Archived