Two defeats in a season away to Falkirk

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Unprecedented.

Falkirk, for Christ's sake!!!

Can you imagine a team of Robbo, Craigie, Gary Mac, JC etc playing like that?

Guys who loved the Hearts.

All those fans who went throught to watch it. No doubt some of them guys I argue with on JKB. I salute all of them for going.

Nevertheless, this team does not deserve these guys.

Heart of Midlothian Football Club does not deserve this.

What can we do to save our club from a possible relegation battle next year?

What have we done to deserve this?

Through thick and thin
Unprecedented.

All those fans who went throught to watch it. No doubt some of them guys I argue with on JKB. I salute all of them for going.

Under Joe Jordan we lost six goals away to them.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'd say that was the worst performance of the season.

Even worse than Rangers at Tynecastle.

The Comedian
Unprecedented.

Well? We are rotten mate, rotten teams lose to trash like Falkirk.

Does it matter right now though, the season ended more or less when Rangers turfed us out the cup. I personally couldn't give a ***** about the remaining games, I just want to see the back of this season.

Fairplay to the guys for going through, I question their sanity but good on them anyway.

Buffalo Bill

...and we lost twice at away to them that season.

But we were ****e then and we're ****e now.

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown

That game was an utter travesty - it was so clear the players didn't give a feck that day and many WANTED Jordan sacked!

I loved those players but they CHEATED the fans that day. :(

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

..and that brought about change.

But this?

The same old same old.

Did Hearts not finish second in the League though?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Did Hearts not finish second in the League though?

I think that was the season before.

But at least we had a board at the time that could take action ie sack the manager and bring in a replacement.

Sandy Clark came in and steadied the ship, not losing any of the last 15 games. He was sacked though and JJ came in and history was made.

Oh how I long for the simplistic genius of those days...

Through thick and thin
That game was an utter travesty - it was so clear the players didn't give a feck that day and many WANTED Jordan sacked!

I loved those players but they CHEATED the fans that day. :(

It was clear that day the players chucked it knowing it would be the final nail in JJs coffin. However, what happened after we were humilated four nil at home versus the Arabs. Answer not a lot. :(

Through thick and thin
..and that brought about change.

But this?

The same old same old.

These days remind me of Del Amitri and nothing happens at all.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
These days remind me of Del Amitri and nothing happens at all.

For me it was pub-crawling, nightclubbing, women and hangovers.

Oh God, I loved it.

Charlie-Brown

But at least we had a board at the time that could take action ie sack the manager and bring in a replacement.

Sandy Clark came in and steadied the ship, not losing any of the last 15 games. He was sacked though and JJ came in and history was made.

You missed out the 2 seasons under Clark & McLean were we avoided relegation then a play-off on the very last day with late goals to win.

Harry Palmer

Boo-feckin- hoo! We lost a meaningless game, away from home. No doubt you'd have jumped on those that were being positive after winning 2 meaningless games at home...

Benny Factor
...and we lost twice at away to them that season.

But we were ****e then and we're ****e now.

Buffalo Bill

We also lost twice away to them the following season too.

Charlie-Brown

This kinda ends this thread then - Jeffries had the measure of us whilst at Falkirk - despite us having Robbo, Mackay etc.

In 1999/2000 we failed to beat St. Johnstone, Motherwell and Kilmarnock at home in 6 games. We finished 3rd.

We have many problems at this club but I think you're missing the point here. We, like most teams, have struggled away from home in the last 10-15 years and Falkirk aren't exactly the worst team in the league.

Harry Palmer

That settles it. There is no hope; Burn them, How will we ever survive after 2 defeats against Falkirk?!

Don't Renew etc etc!

Do whatever you ******in like/want. I don't care.

HMFC 4 EVER.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
You missed out the 2 seasons under Clark & McLean were we avoided relegation then a play-off on the very last day with late goals to win.

So we have improved since then?

Next season, relegation will be a possibility.

In 1999/2000 we failed to beat St. Johnstone, Motherwell and Kilmarnock at home in 6 games. We finished 3rd.

We have many problems at this club but I think you're missing the point here. We, like most teams, have struggled away from home in the last 10-15 years and Falkirk aren't exactly the worst team in the league.

Yet are hardly a major champions league force... which is what Hearts are supposed to be, or so we were told. I wonder if our aim is still to finish 1st in the SPL or if 6th is considered good enough now?

So we have improved since then?

Next season, relegation will be a possibility.

Will it, really?!

I don't know what people see when they look at the league table but, the split nothwithstanding, we're not a kick in the backside from 3rd place.

It doesn't prove that we're any good but it proves that there's really nothing between any of the teams apart from the OF and Gretna. Why would we be any greater relegation candidates than anyone else?

Seymour M Hersh

Let's not forget the 4-0 hammering in the 3rd round of the cup. I have it in my head that over the years neither Brockville or the new place have been happy hunting grounds for us. That's not excusing last night's woeful performance but we just never seem to play well there.

Our record away to Falkirk in my 30 plus years of watching Hearts is pretty crap.

Does not excuse last night by any means - I was one of the 625 odd that bothered to go but we have never done that well away to them.

jambos are go!

Our season was ruined by all those defeats at the end of last year. Other than that we're the best of the rest. Still not good enough but talk of relegation is mischief making IMO.

Through thick and thin
Let's not forget the 4-0 hammering in the 3rd round of the cup. I have it in my head that over the years neither Brockville or the new place have been happy hunting grounds for us. That's not excusing last night's woeful performance but we just never seem to play well there.

Colin Samuel hat rick and Lee Miller. We were woeful that day. Craig Leveins tactics were shocking.

Unprecedented.

Sat 01 Oct 1994: Falkirk 2, Hearts 1

1 Henry Smith

2 Stephen Frail

3 Tosh McKinlay

4 Craig Levein

5 Neil Berry

6 Alan McLaren

7 John Colquhoun (13 Gary Mackay)

8 Scott Leitch (12 Allan Johnston)

9 John Robertson

10 John Millar

11 Kevin Thomas

Sat 04 Feb 1995: Falkirk 2, Hearts 0

1 Craig Nelson

2 Stephen Frail

3 Colin Miller (12 John Colquhoun )

4 Craig Levein

5 Neil Berry

6 Dave McPherson

7 Brian Hamilton

8 Jim Bett

9 John Robertson

10 Gary Mackay (13 Allan Johnston)

11 David Hagen

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Sat 01 Oct 1994: Falkirk 2, Hearts 1

1 Henry Smith

2 Stephen Frail

3 Tosh McKinlay

4 Craig Levein

5 Neil Berry

6 Alan McLaren

7 John Colquhoun (13 Gary Mackay)

8 Scott Leitch (12 Allan Johnston)

9 John Robertson

10 John Millar

11 Kevin Thomas

Sat 04 Feb 1995: Falkirk 2, Hearts 0

1 Craig Nelson

2 Stephen Frail

3 Colin Miller (12 John Colquhoun )

4 Craig Levein

5 Neil Berry

6 Dave McPherson

7 Brian Hamilton

8 Jim Bett

9 John Robertson

10 Gary Mackay (13 Allan Johnston)

11 David Hagen

Yes, we certainly have come on leaps and bounds with ?12m in the kitty to spend.

Commander Harris
Yes, we certainly have come on leaps and bounds with ?12m in the kitty to spend.

that's not the point that was being made - you said it was unprecedented - it isn't.

TC EPIC WIN!

It's a Pyrrhic victory.

Any satisfaction in showing that the original OP was havering ****e was wiped out by having to remind myself of watching Hearts under Tommy McLean.

Interestingly 1994/95 was also the last season that we beat Rangers 4-2.

Chad Sexington

Just move the goal posts of your argument when you've been proved wrong.

It's easier that way.

:rolleyes:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
that's not the point that was being made - you said it was unprecedented - it isn't.

It is with a ?12m turnover.

Or is that conveniently overlooked

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
It's a Pyrrhic victory.

Any satisfaction in showing that the original OP was havering ****e was wiped out by having to remind myself of watching Hearts under Tommy McLean.

Interestingly 1994/95 was also the last season that we beat Rangers 4-2.

Last night was worse than even that season produced. At least back then, we had players with fight for all they were dross.

Incomparable.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Just move the goal posts of your argument when you've been proved wrong.

It's easier that way.

Only took him 24 hours to find the facts.

I can just imagine him scurrying away to get the info, oohhh I'll get that pesky FWJ.

Last night was an immediate response to an absolute shambles.

Charlie-Brown

At the risk of straying into the subject matter of another thread......

Truth is you should have checked London Hearts site first FWJ.

Chad Sexington

I can just imagine him scurrying away to get the info, oohhh I'll get that pesky FWJ.

Get over yourself.

I very much doubt he gives you a second thought until he's forced to endure your daily slavourings.

:)

Commander Harris
It is with a ?12m turnover.

Or is that conveniently overlooked

yup, not overlooked at all. but again, that wasn't your original point.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Get over yourself.

I very much doubt he gives you a second thought until he's forced to endure your daily slavourings.

:)

Two more than I give you, Superwit.:)

Chad Sexington
Two more than I give you, Superwit.:)

And yet you took time out of your busy schedule to reply.

How touching.

Shouldn't you be busy writing your latest epic speech?

Last night was another very poor Hearts performance but what surprises me is the number of people that seem to be shocked by results like last night. For all the talk of off field problems/lack of manager etc there's one basic reason why we are where we are in the league: our players aren't very good. With the exception of Kingston, Berra and perhaps Ruben and Banks, we have a team full of journeymen. Until we bring in some quality creative, attacking midfielders and strikers things aren't going to improve.

Only a Game

Mate, there are times when it is simply better to hold your hand up and say you were wrong. This is one of those times so open wide and take the medicine.

I'd only just looked at this thread actually I've been to busy discussing logical positivism on Jammy 's thread. Anyway it's obvious that your error was based on nostalgia and there's no disgrace in that.

Luckily this effect also means we'll probably remember 2006 a lot longer than 2008

Mate, there are times when it is simply better to hold your hand up and say you were wrong. This is one of those times so open wide and take the medicine.

I'd like to direct this at HoG as well. Champions League had nothing to do with the original argument. It was that losing to Falkirk twice in a season was a massive, 'unprecedented' thing to have happen to us. I pointed out a much better Hearts side had failed to register a home win against some dross in 1999/00.

Nothing else comes into it surely? Unless you are so up yourself that you are planting agendas on me in an attempt to make me look foolish?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I'd only just looked at this thread actually I've been to busy discussing logical positivism on Jammy 's thread. Anyway it's obvious that your error was based on nostalgia and there's no disgrace in that.

Luckily this effect also means we'll probably remember 2006 a lot longer than 2008

The fact that we lose twice still hurts. The manner also shocking.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Maybe the performance, the result and three quarters of a bottle of wine skewed things at the time.... Realling out facts and figures, oh dear, smacks of desperation...

Maybe the performance, the result and three quarters of a bottle of wine skewed things at the time.... Realling out facts and figures, oh dear, smacks of desperation...

Desperation? Have a word.

It's 2008 mate. Takes 2 minutes to look up on London Hearts.

This is a forum for debate. What's so wrong with facts to back up an argument?

Maybe the performance, the result and three quarters of a bottle of wine skewed things at the time.... Reeling out facts and figures, oh dear, smacks of desperation...

Actually it smacks of an admittedly slightly geeky enthusiasm for facts and figures.

I'd still have posted the facts if they backed you up.

MacDonald Jardine

My recollection is that the players didn't bother playing for Clark until we were deep in relegation trouble.

He didn't lose any of the last 15 games. He lost a stack before that which had us bottom for a while.

Is that not the season we played Partick in the last game both with a chance of going down?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Actually it smacks of an admittedly slightly geeky enthusiasm for facts and figures.

I'd still have posted the facts if they backed you up.

Jesus Christ this is like a McCarthy-ite witch hunt:

"Have you at any any time been p*shed, watched Hearts play sh*te, get beat and then get nostalgiac for the good old days..."

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
My recollection is that the players didn't bother playing for Clark until we were deep in relegation trouble.

He didn't lose any of the last 15 games. He lost a stack before that which had us bottom for a while.

Is that not the season we played Partick in the last game both with a chance of going down?

It was a p*sh season but Clarks record once he got his team playing for him was very good. Then the Hamster was brought in and that was another crap season. Though as usual Hearts fans have selective memories, some of the results that season were not bad but the fact was Hearts fans just did not like the wee turd.

Dont blame them.

Archived