Larry Kingston, Add him....

JennyJambo

Ryan Gosling

On the whole, Larry's performance tonight was by far the most disappointing.

I expect Elliot and Mole to be poor, but Larry is so much better than that. And he made himself look like them tonight.

davemclaren

Apparently he's world class.:P

Joking apart, the whole team is disjointed and it would be hard for Ronaldo to shine playing for us at present. Roll on the end of the season.

Boab Mugabe

Quite simply, if you don't want to play for Hearts then you can bolt.

15 grand a week for that? Take the first offer that comes in for him. :mad:

Eckauskas
Lots of ability and natural talent but he has been affected like lots before by the disgraceful manner the club is being run. He has chucked it and has shown he doesn't have the attitude, hunger or desire to rise above it and earn his money but the club is rotten to the core and he is merely a cog in the whole fecked wheel.

That's BS.

If you can't motivate yourself to play football for a reported ?17k a week, that's nobodies fault but your own.

For what Larry has contributed this season his wages have been ridiculous.

Really wouldn't be too upset if he was shipped on. Don't care who is manager, you need to show more desire than what he did tonight and for many games this season.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

I've defended Kingston every week now but tonight was the last straw for me.

He is a lazy *******.

15K a week for one good free kick, 20 appearances and the odd bit of skill.

Get yer finger out or **** off Larry.

grumpyjambo
That's BS.

If you can't motivate yourself to play football for a reported ?17k a week, that's nobodies fault but your own.

Correct, if I behaved like Kingston at my work I would have been sacked by now!!!

to the "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out" list.

Over-rated.

Very much so I`ve been saying for months that he is a luxury that Hearts most definitely can`t afford, especially if it means players having to roll their sleeves up and battle for every ball.

Kingston when in the mood can do great, but how much longer can Hearts fans wait to see him turn it on, on a regular basis, he`s able to do it for country just a pity that he can`t do it for club as well.

Lots of comments on this thread are very similar to the ones I've been making since he came to Hearts.

Clearly he has ability as a footballer. But clearly other issues (indiscipline, laziness etc) have prevented him from getting good clubs.

In the SPL when he has got on the field for us he has provided a spark with free kicks, goals, dribbles - but he puts so much pressure on the rest of the team with his utter laziness.

That said, he played last night as though he had a move lined up already. Not interested in tackles in particular.

And to think that i was shot down in flames for suggesting he wasn't value for money and that we hadnt seen enough of him at the time to justify spending that kinda money on him.

He clearly has talent they all announced.

We'll make millions on him they harked.

Pffft........ nice one.

I think the problem with Kingston and a number of other players last night was lack of motiviation. I believe that comes from a lack of strong management and IMO last night proved once and for all that Shaggy is not the right man to manage this club.

Through thick and thin
I've defended Kingston every week now but tonight was the last straw for me.

He is a lazy *******.

15K a week for one good free kick, 20 appearances and the odd bit of skill.

Get yer finger out or **** off Larry.

Sums LK and a few others up.

portobellojambo1
Over-reaction.

Sure he was crap tonight but who cares, it's a nothing game against a team of nobodies.

We all know Larry can play, it's the rest we have a problem with...

While I agree with your description of the actual fixture one could also argue that with nothing at stake these should be the sort of games that players can relax in and play some decent football. He was awful last night, absolutely awful. He certainly wasn't alone in that, but if a stranger had been there last night watching Hearts for the first time they certainly wouldn't have been convinced that he is a player of world stature. Last night his total contribution to the game was one shot on target in the first half, he offered absolutely nothing else.

Kingston was pretty poor last night - and he and a few other should be ashamed of the poor performance they put in for the supporters who paid good money to travel and support the team. That said, perhaps the real problem with Kingston is the fact that he is being played wide on the right side of midfield while we play two defensive midfielders in the centre. The time has surely come for Kingston to be played in the centre along with either Ruben or Eggy and someone else played wide right. Maybe we would get more out of him playing him there.

When playing for Ghana he's amazing.

When playing for any club he's ever been at (and that's a fair few) he's been mediocre.

Over-rated.

Luxury player we can't afford at the moment. Give me 10 Neil MacFarlanes over him any day of the week at the moment.

Through thick and thin
Luxury player we can't afford at the moment. Give me 10 Neil MacFarlanes over him any day of the week at the moment.

Suppose you would want graeme weirs, dennis wyness types as well. :rolleyes:

Jeeso,are any of you now regreting buying a ST for next season,the team look's like it will be full of half arse,half hearted,big time charlies like Larry,Nade,Jose,Pingoo,Zal,Audrey and the rest.

Can't believe the criticism that Larry is getting. I agree he was poor last night but the problem is that Larry is surrounded by players who are nowhere near his standard. If we had quality midfielders/strikers making intelligent runs Larry would be brilliant.

Can't believe the criticism that Larry is getting. I agree he was poor last night but the problem is that Larry is surrounded by players who are nowhere near his standard. If we had quality midfielders/strikers making intelligent runs Larry would be brilliant.

The unfortunate thing being we have a ?12m a year wage bill which isn't enough to make Kingston raise his game to an acceptable standard. How much will it take then?

Naturally it's not that simple, but he ain't contributing anything, or really trying to. I'm not comparing him in any way to these guys but world class players (which you could argue Kingston could be as a first pick in the Ghanian current midfield), whether it be Pele, Maradonna, Best and even the Gascoignes and Beckhams at their peaks all have one thing in common which is a basic work ethic and to make things happen themselves without relying on others. Even goal poachers like Robbo and McCoist worked their fat erses off.

For me, another one who easily got drawn into the general malaise surrounding the running of this club and has very little, if any desire to get out it by putting in any real effort where it counts - on the park.

MacDonald Jardine
Suppose you would want graeme weirs, dennis wyness types as well. :rolleyes:

Compared to Elliot, Mole and Nade?

too right.

Over-rated.

Utter balls!!

Nothing like a knee jerk reaction after a defeat.

At no other club in the land do players go from hero to zero as quickly as they do at Tynecastle. I sometimes wonder if the people who watch these games have a clue about football.

Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge can see Larry is a very good footballer. He is one of the top performers for Ghana in a team full of quality.

Was it a coincidence that our long losing run coincided with Larry period out of the team?

Sure he was crap tonight, however in the main he is surrounded by p!sh. Behind him are full backs who do not make intelligent runs or who persist in the lofted ball up the touchline. Ahead of him are forward who don't make runs. For me he looked lost out on the flank.

I sometimes don't think Hearts fans deserve quality players because we rarely appreciated them:

Derek Ferguson

Jankauskas

Kingston

Great football players, all heavily criticised by our fans.

:evilno:

:confused:

Sometimes I think you just post these things on the wind up Horse!!

I'd give it 10 minutes before you were ripping into the 10 Neil Macfarlanes as they ran around like headless chickens!

Reality truly has been lost if this is what you wish for.

:confused:

Sometimes I think you just post these things on the wind up Horse!!

I'd give it 10 minutes before you were ripping into the 10 Neil Macfarlanes as they ran around like headless chickens!

Reality truly has been lost if this is what you wish for.

The dog was a good player IMHO. Compare his wages to Kingston and tell me who has been value for money. The dog was part of a team who got into Europe twice. Twice more than Kingston.

Ok maybe 10 is a bit over the top but you get my drift. I agree Kingston is a good player. In the 05/06 team under Burley he would have been brilliant. But this is the dross of 07/08 under Frail and he is not what we need mate.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Utter balls!!

Nothing like a knee jerk reaction after a defeat.

At no other club in the land do players go from hero to zero as quickly as they do at Tynecastle. I sometimes wonder if the people who watch these games have a clue about football.

Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge can see Larry is a very good footballer. He is one of the top performers for Ghana in a team full of quality.

Was it a coincidence that our long losing run coincided with Larry period out of the team?

Sure he was crap tonight, however in the main he is surrounded by p!sh. Behind him are full backs who do not make intelligent runs or who persist in the lofted ball up the touchline. Ahead of him are forward who don't make runs. For me he looked lost out on the flank.

I sometimes don't think Hearts fans deserve quality players because we rarely appreciated them:

Derek Ferguson

Jankauskas

Kingston

Great football players, all heavily criticised by our fans.

:evilno:

Everyone acknowledges he is a good player.

Does his talent excuse him from trying though?

What are your thoughts on the effort he puts in?

Everyone acknowledges he is a good player.

Does his talent excuse him from trying though?

What are your thoughts on the effort he puts in?

To be honest I have not had any issues with his effort. If anything I thing he tries to carry too much repsonsibility and over does it at times.

Last night I though he was totally isolated out on the flank, however it was a lethargic performance all round, not just from Kingston.

It's interesting how this issue of perceive lazyness seems to keep rearing it's head with so many players at Hearts.

Jankauskas

Skacel

Velicka

Kingston

Chesney

Nade

Bednar

amongst others, have all been accused of lazyness. They are all probably the most technically gifted players that we have had over the last few season, yet they are perceived as lazy. On the flipside you have Elliot, Mole, Stewart and Neilson who all put in bags of effort are technically poor.

I don't have an answer, but according to Frail when I challenged him on the attitude and motivational side of the squad at the recent Q&A's he insisted that there are no motivational issues and that he feels the attitude of the players has been spot on!!! :confused:

Archived