Robbie Neilson

Ryan Gosling

he's played under 8 different managers at hearts and he's held his own in the team under every single one. He's short of natural talent but he's worked hard on his game and has become an essential part of our squad and it showed when he was out injured. He gives 100% every game ffs, get off his back!

Again i must go back to, Trying isn't enough! ;) Trying is a prerequisite for playing football at any level. If your a professional footballer and all folk can say about you is "aye but he tries" it's time to hang up the boots, your obviously pish.

Once he retires i'm sure the club will survive. He is not an essential part of the squad! Unless you count defensive lapses and constantly giving away possession essential.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malcolm Tucker
Again i must go back to, Trying isn't enough! ;) Trying is a prerequisite for playing football at any level. If your a professional footballer and all folk can say about you is "aye but he tries" it's time to hang up the boots, your obviously pish.

Once he retires i'm sure the club will survive. He is not an essential part of the squad! Unless you count defensive lapses and constantly giving away possession essential.

His leadership on the pitch and the fact he is a role-model off the pitch makes him a brilliant person to have around the club. I think when we get a right-midfielder back to fitness he'll become 2nd choice behind Jonsson and, if Jonsson ever gets an injury/suspension, I'd feel more that happy having Robbie stepping in, like he is doing now.

Great ambassador for the club, and a steady and consistent defender.

Robbie's my hero.

His leadership on the pitch and the fact he is a role-model off the pitch makes him a brilliant person to have around the club. I think when we get a right-midfielder back to fitness he'll become 2nd choice behind Jonsson and, if Jonsson ever gets an injury/suspension, I'd feel more that happy having Robbie stepping in, like he is doing now.

Great ambassador for the club, and a steady and consistent defender.

Robbie's my hero.

Hopefully this will happen on Saturday then as Kingston appears set to be declared fit :)

Couple of fair points you make re he is a good lad and quite probably sets a good example to our younger players. His salary should therefore be adjusted accordingly to fit this role not the one whereby he is paid a fortune to be very very mediocre !

Paisley Jambo
Is ****e.

Discuss.

Disappointed in this thread.:(

Hearts player who gives his all every game.

He wasn't ***** in the Cup Final.

Short memories.

It was a misguided attempt at appeasing the fans after you know who had systematically got rid of virtually any other Scot at the club worth mentioning.

The fact Neilson remains at Hearts is the biggest indicator as to his abilities and value to any other club. Nobody wanted him, it's as simple as that.

Yup, the aftermath of the Riccarton 3 debacle elevated Neilson's reputation as "one of the loyal scots" and in time people seem to have forgotten how chronically pish he is.

Nope, for some strange reason Europe's top clubs haven't been tapping him up. Remember the Neilson to Rangers rumour? :laugh:

He wasn't ***** in the Cup Final.

1 second in 1 game. Boy is he living of that moment (and Basle !) !

Good guy, good pro, gash player. Jonsson should be first choice.

I'm no robbie fan but that one second in that one game, just like weirs tackle 8 years earlier won us the cup.

I wish he hadn't come back from injury and that we hadn't won our last four games. I wish we would start leaking goals again. Obviously Robbie's influence around the first XI is harming my dreams of a terrible season.

We're Hearts!!!! We get talented boys who maybe haven't made it to the very top cos of attitude or a lack of something like pace or a cutting edge (Larry, Valois, Adam...). We surround these lads with the opposite types; usually Scottish, but not always. They are committed, maybe good athletes and will run through a brick wall but maybe aren't natural players (Robbie, McFarlane, Berry, Black, Watty Kidd...could go on for ever). We're HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!! Not Man U, not Liverpool, not ever the OF.

Get right over yesrlelves ya bunch of muppets and get behind the team. Fuds!

ps, you've all made me agree with JamboRobbo and Prancer. I'm not a happy boy about that!

I wish he hadn't come back from injury and that we hadn't won our last four games. I wish we would start leaking goals again. Obviously Robbie's influence around the first XI is harming my dreams of a terrible season.

We're Hearts!!!! We get talented boys who maybe haven't made it to the very top cos of attitude or a lack of something like pace or a cutting edge (Larry, Valois, Adam...). We surround these lads with the opposite types; usually Scottish, but not always. They are committed, maybe good athletes and will run through a brick wall but maybe aren't natural players (Robbie, McFarlane, Berry, Black, Watty Kidd...could go on for ever). We're HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!! Not Man U, not Liverpool, not ever the OF.

ps, you've all made me agree with JamboRobbo and Prancer. I'm not a happy boy about that!

:) Good post. Robbie is the daddy. Lets put up with him for another couple hundred games.

Neilson made McFarlane and Berry look like feckin Beckenbaur. Why can't we get a RB who tries AND does the basics? :( Thats all i want.

Paisley Jambo

What a second! and what a game! If what you say is true.

I think he is a player of Hearts standard and would not like to see him leave Tynecastle.

We are 30 million in debt and won't be signing better.

Maybe Jonsson only played their for the team and playing him in defence full time would leave us with an unhappy player.

Paisley Jambo

Agreed, but I wouldn't have put it as strongly.;)

HillmanHearts

Great to have Robbie back. Under-rated defender and great competitor.

Great fitness and gets up & down the flank for 90 mins like proper full back ! - which is great for the team shape.

Csaba will be another in the long line of managers who rate Robbie a lot higher than a large number of Hearts fans.

Ok - his crosses are generally gash - but his good points outweigh the bad imo.

I think he is a player of Hearts standard and would not like to see him leave Tynecastle.

It's all about opinions. If he left Tynie tomorrow I doubt many fans would notice.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
What a great thread?:P

You called Neil McCann a 'rusty cripple' and defended a hit in run which left a child dead so your opinion doesn't count.

Thanks for playing.

:) Good post. Robbie is the daddy. Lets put up with him for another couple hundred games.

Ooh, ooh, oh!! I know what we should do! Me Miss, Me, Me!!

We should all shout at him!! And then all like boo and that. Cos then he'll know we don't like him and he'll start to play better. Or, or right, he'll go away and cry and then we'll can afford a new right back.

I bet all you Robbie-haters are the same chumps that used to boo Gary McKay.

Malcolm Tucker
You called Neil McCann a 'rusty cripple' and defended a hit in run which left a child dead so your opinion doesn't count.

Thanks for playing.

Burn. Not sure he'll like that one too much. No doubt he'll reply with hatred towards our youth system.

Ooh, ooh, oh!! I know what we should do! Me Miss, Me, Me!!

We should all shout at him!! And then all like boo and that. Cos then he'll know we don't like him and he'll start to play better. Or, or right, he'll go away and cry and then we'll can afford a new right back.

I bet all you Robbie-haters are the same chumps that used to boo Gary McKay.

Bizarre post, are you all right ??

Along with many others I mostly just laugh at Neilson's efforts. I don't dislike him so there is no point in booing. Its not personnel and I accept his qualities as a 'good lad' I just think he's a gash player and really hope he's benched on Saturday and Jonsson is given the right back slot for the rest of the season.

Oh and by the way I loved Gary MACKAY as a player. He had more ability in his left big toe than Robbie has in either foot !!

Malcolm Tucker

Anyway, I think Robbie is very hard done by by a lot of people on here. Mind you, he is my favourite player, so maybe I'm biased? :P

Bizarre post, are you all right ??

Along with many others I mostly just laugh at Neilson's efforts. I don't dislkie him so there is no point in booing. I just think he's a gash player and really hope he's benched on Saturday and Jonsson is given the right back slot for the rest of the season.

Oh and by the way I loved Gary MACKAY as a player. He had more ability in his left big toe than Robbie has in either foot !!

Im no bad ta. A bit bored cos i've no got sky, my berd's oot and there's heehaw on telly. Ta for asking though. Yersel?

Oh i know GM (bums, typo on name!!) was my hero mate (along wi Robbo and Henry), but i remember him being booed by large sections towards the end of his career when being played at right back and defensive mid roles quite often. People just want too much from Hearts players. All I want is commitment.

TO be fair, most people on here have just stated Robbie is pish, which is kinda fair, but the amount of people who seem venomous towards him actually does anger me. If Eggo plays at RB for the rest of the season, fine by me. I'll bet Robbie would remain a great influence around the club if he stayed on

Ps, why don't we try Gary Glen at right back??

Charlie-Brown

Gary Mackay played more games for Hearts than anybody else, he played more good games than most players and more bad games than many players and sometimes he played honking but overall he was a great player for Hearts. :)

Up front feeding off Nade might be the way to go ?!

Why would we want him up front? We've got the 2 M's, Mole and Makela.

Aslong as he's playing that's the important thing. Deserves a shot in the first XI infront of everyone else in the world.

Gary Mackay played more games for Hearts than anybody else, he played more good games than most players and more bad games than many players and sometimes he played honking but overall he was a great player for Hearts. :)

A LEGEND! Hope noone thought i was doubting that!?!?

Just wanted to use his being booed as a benchmark for our fans asking too much from our players

Wouldn't Nade be feeding off him??!!!:P

A LEGEND! Hope noone thought i was doubting that!?!?

Just wanted to use his being booed as a benchmark for our fans asking too much from our players

I'd still like to know why wanting a player who can do the basics (control and pass a ball 10 yards) is asking too much. The Neilsonites would have us believe poor old Robbie (a Club legend!) is being victimised by the boo-boys for no reason. In actual fact i've never heard anyone boo him personally, most people just seem to laugh at him.

Is ****e.

Discuss.

You are talking sheite.

It is no coincidence that we have looked more like a team since he returned. In addition, it makes a change to have the option of a long throw in.

I think Robbie Neilson is our best right back at the moment.

Eggert is versatile enough to play in a number of positions, but he is not better than Neilson at right back.

Robbie's distribution lets him down on occasion, but he is a good, solid SPL player and I'd rather he was in the tent p*ssing out.

You are talking sheite.

It is no coincidence that we have looked more like a team since he returned. In addition, it makes a change to have the option of a long throw in.

Read the date on the first post.

People suggesting the 4 (narrow) recent wins on the bounce has anything to do with Neilson playing is laughable. He actually only started the last 2 and his cameo at right mid in the Hamilton game was dire ! However the main reason we have won the last 4 games has much more to do with the opposition than anything he contributed.

As much as I hope Kingston comes in at right midfield on Saturday as it's certainly not Jonsson's position I really hope Csaba gets it right and drops Neilson to the bench returning Eggert to right back.

Neilson should be kept as back up for the first team and to help the younger lads but should never ever get another playing contract from HMFC.

Really, it's a co-incidence that we have won our last 4 games since his return, eh?

Hail the saviour!! There`s no doubting RN`s commitment but you need more than that.

He was back to his poor distribution and popr crossing last week. The thing is i thought he had a decent game overall last week. I believe in giving players praise if they deserve it instead of slagging him for the sake of it just because i don`t rate him.

All the same, there`s better RB`s out there. Jonsson may not be a natural RB but he done a decent job. He`s better on the ball and has pace.(more than RN anyway!)

Read the date on the first post.

Don't you know, say something once and you must stick to that opinion, no matter what the consequences.

For what it's worth, Neilson is essentially murder. He's always been hardworking and dependable enough, but not of the standard we want.

The thing is, though, he's now a whole lot better murder than the other murder in our squad. The quality we can call upon has deteriorated to the point where "hardworking" and "dependable enough" are reasons in themselves to play someone.

Plus a long lay-off has allowed us to look at him now with fresh eyes and realise he's not half as bad as we once thought.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Is ****e.

Discuss.

SUPER ROBBIE NEILSON:D

think people forget he may not be our greatest asset to our team but i tell yous all something u wont find many people in the hearts team tht wears his shirt with pride so why not keep of his back abit if use were so fecking good u goin an turn up at training you tube

now shut the feck up:D

be a true hearts fan and not slate every player that has a bad game!

john brownlee
We should have a sticky thread where people can vent their spleens about Robbie Neilson. I don't even bother anymore, talking about him just depresses me. He's minging.

why dont we have a sticky devoted to posters that slagg Hearts , the players, the owner, the manager and so on and so forth

to me they are all nobettes of the highest order, go and support others

BTW the word support means that you dont support by slagging.

what ****es me of about all these moaners is why haven't they become pro players, managers and employees of Hearts but are prepared to insult people that have. These guy an' gals have worked hard to get where they are so give them some credit while you are lazin' on your lounger waiting til 3'o'clock to get your buzz on someone elses hard work and endevor

why dont we have a sticky devoted to posters that slagg Hearts , the players, the owner, the manager and so on and so forth

what ****es me of about all these moaners is why haven't they become pro players, managers and employees of Hearts but are prepared to insult people that have. These guy an' gals have worked hard to get where they are so give them some credit while you are lazin' on your lounger waiting til 3'o'clock to get your buzz on someone elses hard work and endevor

:Funny-Post:

Well said mate.

Robbie Neilson = Top professional, cares for the club he plays for, deserves EVERYTHING he gets in the game. Absolutely fantastic role model for youngsters at the club. I wish I could say the same about a lot more of our players. Unfortunately these days you could count them on one hand :mad:

These guys talking about Eggert Jonsson being great at right back, you obviously don't know as much about the game as you like to think do you... Yes, he started off in the position by having a run of impressive performances, and then it hit home that he is not a defender, his positional sense and decision-making at times was shocking, yet not a comment was uttered from either the stands or the kickback whingers.

Just to prove the point: He made an absolutely pathetic pass out of a defensive area last week that was intercepted deep in our half and could have caused us lots of problems, I didn't hear one jeer.

Just minutes later Neilson tries a cross-field ball that he sliced horribly towards the opponents box, it truly was a minging pass but there was no danger and it didn't cause Hearts any problems. Jeers rang round the Wheatfield.

Get a life sad acts.

Strange that eh... :sad:

:Funny-Post:

That`s what i thought. The bleedin hearts are out for RN.

All the sheeite about you can`t slag a pro because you haven`t been one is embarassing too.

I`ve sat and chatted to ex- pros overtime and other guys who have played a decent level but everyones opinions on football are similar. Everyone knows Ronaldo, Berbatov, Messi etc... are great players, it doesn`t take a professional to tell you that.

What you see with your eyes is different to what you can do with your body.

loveofthegame

What a load of ****e.

Robbie is a legend.

I would say it goes:

Robbie

Robbo

Willie Bauld

Tommy Walker

Dave McPherson

In that order.

Robbie is a legend.

I would say it goes:

Robbie

Robbo

Willie Bauld

Tommy Walker

Dave McPherson

In that order.

FACT

The rest aren't even playing football just now because they're too lazy.

Robbie is a legend.

I would say it goes:

Robbie

Robbo

Willie Bauld

Tommy Walker

Dave McPherson

In that order.

How can you even mention Neilson in the same sentence as those players!! :eek: Have a word.

loveofthegame
Robbie is a legend.

I would say it goes:

Robbie

Robbo

Willie Bauld

Tommy Walker

Dave McPherson

In that order.

Or:

Jobby Neilson

Number 9

That old boy

Tommy Stalker

and Donkey

as i like to refer to them...

I knew it wouldnt be long before the old 'I hate Robbie' posts popped up again. It is actually laughable some of the posts on here and I have only read the third page. I suppose I didnt give it much credit after the opening post.

I knew it wouldnt be long before the old 'I hate Robbie' posts popped up again. It is actually laughable some of the posts on here and I have only read the third page. I suppose I didnt give it much credit after the opening post.

Lord of the Neilsonites!!! :mad:

People suggesting the 4 (narrow) recent wins on the bounce has anything to do with Neilson playing is laughable. He actually only started the last 2 and his cameo at right mid in the Hamilton game was dire ! However the main reason we have won the last 4 games has much more to do with the opposition than anything he contributed.

As much as I hope Kingston comes in at right midfield on Saturday as it's certainly not Jonsson's position I really hope Csaba gets it right and drops Neilson to the bench returning Eggert to right back.

Neilson should be kept as back up for the first team and to help the younger lads but should never ever get another playing contract from HMFC.

I would hope not to see Eggert again at right back. Gets pulled all over the place, waste of a decent player. As far I am concerned Neilson is the best right back at the club by a mile. You may be right about the Hamilton game but that was not the case at Paisley. Would like your comment on this if you was there

I would hope not to see Eggert again at right back. Gets pulled all over the place, waste of a decent player. As far I am concerned Neilson is the best right back at the club by a mile. You may be right about the Hamilton game but that was not the case at Paisley. Would like your comment on this if you was there

Wasn't at Love St or Inverness but Eggert Jonsson is already ten times the footballer Robbie Neilson has ever been or ever will be. There is simply no comparison.

Archived