1957/58 Book

alanjambo

alanjambo

I've just spent the best part of the last hour trying to find that book about the 1957/58 season but I can't find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me what the book's called or who wrote it? I want to get it for my old man.

Cheers

alanjambo

Ah yeah I see it's out of stock for now. Still there's always Christmas.

Thanks for your help though mate.

Work in WHSmith bookshop in the Gyle and we could only get our hands on a handful when it first came out and it sold out very quickly. Not sure there were that many produced. Hopefully more of the paperback version will be made for its release.

I think it's Greatest Ever Season, and currently out of print in hardback.

But not before a copy made its way into U's Xmas stocking. :)

Robbos Right Peg

There was supposed to be a couple of copies left in Borders at Newcraighall but tht was a couple of weeks ago. Initially the publishers produced 2,000 but it looks like that was underestimated.

There was supposed to be a couple of copies left in Borders at Newcraighall but tht was a couple of weeks ago. Initially the publishers produced 2,000 but it looks like that was underestimated.

I saw it there a few weeks ago, but of course they might have been sold by now.

It is a nice book, unfortunately it will not go down as a definitive history book of that great season because there are too many references to modern day football which will bemuse those who pick the book up in future years.

I was not aware before about how few games the likes of Alfie Conn and Willie Bauld played in that great season.

Got my bloke a copy for his birthday, along with renewing his season ticket and getting him a joke present ... the hibs casuals book.

He looked at the three of them and said "Is the season ticket the joke?"

Hope he hurries up getting here or I'm going to have to watch the Falkirk game in the pub.

Archived