this seasons "replica" kit

SpikeDudley

SpikeDudley

I've seen it mentioned in the past that the strips which the players wear are different to the ones that we can buy in the shop.

However, for anyone like me that is sad enough to care, there would appear to be no difference this season between the player-issued strips and the ones in the shop.

I say this, because I'm in possession of Callum Paterson's away kit, worn in the League Cup game away to Dundee United (he threw it into the crowd after the game).

Apart from the obvious difference in colour, it is identical to my home jersey which I bought normally from the club store.

There aren't even any differences with the label and both are Adidas "ClimaLite".

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Has it not always been the same?

I thought the debate was about whether or not the designs were generic or custom?

adidas are known for producing different kits for the actual teams to wear. Usually they are more fitted and the stripes and adidas logo are almost rubber stamped on rather than stitched on to reduce weight when wet.

Franklin Delano Bluth

In other breaking news:

Water is wet.

Etc, etc.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

adidas are known for producing different kits for the actual teams to wear. Usually they are more fitted and the stripes and adidas logo are almost rubber stamped on rather than stitched on to reduce weight when wet.

Never knew that. Cheers.

Yes

Adidas make TECHFIT shirts. I have some of the Liverpool and Chelsea ones. They are very tight fitting and the stripes and badges are like rubber

queensferryjambo

I try to collect players shirts and have done for years but my interest is in pre-SPL as it became a bit dull and generic when the SPL started.

I don't think there has been any difference in the players shirts as opposed to the club shop ones for a few seasons. The last couple of Umbro kits and the Adidas one I have been told are the same. I have a couple of player shirts from last year and they are as good as buying from the club shop.

In previous SPL seasons prior to the new SPL font the player issue letters and numbers on the shirt were much bigger compared to club shop ones and Sporting ID would only sell the small ones to the public.

Pre-SPL the usual things like embroidered badges and embroidered shirt manufacturers and player issue numbers made it easy to distinguish.

It is pretty hard nowadays although the club issue COA's for some shirts when they are auctioned which was never the case years ago.

I know it's the case with some teams but I don't know if they'd bother doing it with us.

Only team I can safely say I've noticed is Man United. They have some sort of sticky bit over the shoulders.

rabthejambo

I recently bought a Houston Dynamo shirt with Driver on the back. In the States, they sell two versions. You can get an 'authentic' which is what the players wear - more expensive - or you can buy a replica which is different - different fit and labelling. They are Adidas as well. I believe this is the same for all American team sportswear.

Jambofifer

I recently bought a Houston Dynamo shirt with Driver on the back. In the States, they sell two versions. You can get an 'authentic' which is what the players wear - more expensive - or you can buy a replica which is different - different fit and labelling. They are Adidas as well. I believe this is the same for all American team sportswear.

FAKE .... That's American for replica ..lol

Archived