What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

maroonlegions

I saw them at Coachella this year. I have to admit they're a capable live act. Just piss in comparison to Jay Z's set though....

Like ones perceptions of life, it then meanders to the point of that its all about ones own taste and dislikes i suppose.I tend to view lyrics and the meanings of songs as just as important as the capability's of putting on a show for entertainment but each to their own eh,. :thumbsup:

Like ones perceptions of life, it then meanders to the point of that its all about ones own taste and dislikes i suppose.I tend to view lyrics and the meanings of songs as just as important as the capability's of putting on a show for entertainment but each to their own eh,. :thumbsup:

Why on earth would you place any importance on the lyrical ramblings of some Cornish waster?

it has finally twigged that you like muse because they have lyrics about barmy conspiracy theories.

it has finally twigged that you like muse because they have lyrics about barmy conspiracy theories.

Just noticed a misprint in last post. I should have said Cornish waiter.....

Johanes de Silentio

I'd like to have a chat with him, though. He literally killed her. What a snake.

Are you talking about Richard & Karen Carpenter? Blimey - never knew that! You mean he gave her a hard time about her weight?

Are you talking about Richard & Karen Carpenter? Blimey - never knew that! You mean he gave her a hard time about her weight?

He allowed and encouraged a debilitating heroin addiction. Part of the control syndrome, I suppose. Probably not the best thing you could do for your better half. Nasty human being.

And his hair pieces are terrible...:teehee:

Johanes de Silentio

He allowed and encouraged a debilitating heroin addiction. Part of the control syndrome, I suppose. Probably not the best thing you could do for your better half. Nasty human being.

Wait - Karen Carpenter was a JUNKIE?

Christ Almighty! :blink:

Wait - Karen Carpenter was a JUNKIE?

Christ Almighty! :blink:

Major one, mate. Really tragic and that barsteward carries a lot of blame.....

J.T.F.Robertson

Quite partial to the odd Carpenters tune! :ninja:

If there's such a thing as "a voice like an angel", she possessed it. I "hated" them at the time, anaw. :ninja:

It's OK...you're allowed to confess on here. Until the rest turn up and call you an old sad thing....

I like to think we're just more rounded than them...:teehee:

If there's such a thing as "a voice like an angel", she possessed it. I "hated" them at the time, anaw. :ninja:

It's a wonderful voice, ruined by a horrible horrible man. What he did was pretty much close to slavery. He's still with us - she's not.

Life's crap like that.

Johanes de Silentio

Karen did have a great voice, and the arrangements - especially the harmonies, and some of the songs were impeccable...

even if they were naff as ****! ;)

J.T.F.Robertson

It's OK...you're allowed to confess on here. Until the rest turn up and call you an old sad thing....

I like to think we're just more rounded than them...:teehee:

'tis good for the soul. (in my case, pun intended ;) )

Johanes de Silentio

It's a wonderful voice, ruined by a horrible horrible man. What he did was pretty much close to slavery. He's still with us - she's not.

Life's crap like that.

Facebook campaigne? ;)

Karen did have a great voice, and the arrangements - especially the harmonies, and some of the songs were impeccable...

even if they were naff as ****! ;)

They were unbelievably naff but just right for that moment. If you remember, "Calling Occupants" was released just after the very first Star Wars film...

I actually posted "Dancing in the City" further back. What a complete load of nonsense it is by a really crap duo. But it's somehow just "right."

I listened to it yesterday and shamelessly took the chords.....

David

J.T.F.Robertson

Life's crap like that.

I actually LOL'd at that ...... don't quite know why. :unsure:

J.T.F.Robertson

Because you think the same way we do, chap...:lol:

You best hope you don't think the same way I do. :yucky:

J.T.F.Robertson

You do yourself an injustice. I'd take your thoughts over 99% on here.....

It's my self -deprecating nature, Dave, but be assured, nothing's done or said, in hopes of a rebuttal.

I was right, :o confession can be good for the soul. ;)

Anyway, I'm off to ma scratcher. Early start in the am to catch the hubz game. (hopefully, that'll lighten me up)

Have a good night, guys.

alwaysthereinspirit

Wouldn't calling her his better half lead us towards thinking you believe them to have been husband and wife?

Wouldn't calling her his better half lead us towards thinking you believe them to have been husband and wife?

in a musical sense, mate.

maroonlegions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq66wuOcbZ0

Not long until this legendary and very underrated band play Edinburgh.Has the perception or beliefs that meaningful lyrics in this present time of song writers and various bands has become MORE of a perception of a SELLING point rather than a attempted message of the WARNINGS of crap that is going on on our world just now and has been for to long lost its impact,well not when this band play soon in our proud capitol. :thumbsup:

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

This song was about spiritual open mindedness and that love ones that have passed away can help in ways as yet to be truly understood or discovered buy MODERN SCIENCE;Hence the title of the song LOVE LIKE BLOOD and MEANING of the introduction to this song by the singer Jaz Coleman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxhOAAxQuo4

maroonlegions

And of course following on from the Killing Joke song LOVE LIKE BLOOD and adding pure personal speculation but as of yet undercover or peer reviewed possibility's that lyrics of certain songs, or ones that perceive to be meaning full in the non money making agendas and we hope the lyrics are a hit mentality of most record produces and company's; :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54eo8orxL5M

Edited by maroonlegions