Congratulations Linfield

CornhillHearts

jambojim52
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at how this thread has panned out.

Perhaps Ulysses keeping a close eye on things and the poster I mentioned earlier not making an appearence has something to do with it.

Anyway, Well done Linfield.

:biggrin:

EDIT* Boo JamboJim52.

:laugh:

Ok I will relent and jump on the band wagon.

Well done Golden Eagle. Won the league with 51 points, nearst rival 38 points.

http://www.lincolnsundayfootballleague.com/page5.htm

Dirk Diggler
What a sad, sad thread.

Why?

I find it funny that you felt the need to comment, It's not as if you needed to open the thread to find out what it was about, The thread title must have gave it away, no?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I wouldn't say silly, just sort of forgetful.

It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking like the new Irish, er, gaffer, Giovanni Trapattoni.

If I may quote the man:

"A beautiful game is for 24 hours in the newspapers; a result stands forever."

Silly nonsense, of course. We (and the hooby boobies) know better than that. ;)

Never heard that before. Pretty good!

Why?

I find it funny that you felt the need to comment, It's not as if you needed to open the thread to find out what it was about, The thread title must have gave it away, no?

It did, and I tried.

Only a Game
Can't see the point of all these congratulation threads on a HEARTS board. By all means comment on particular matches or incidents in games ( it is a football board right enough) but why the need to praise teams from other leagues/countries/rival,s ect is beyond me.

Support (by the usual suspects primarily) of a club with a history of sectarianism that rivals Rangers, or perhaps exceeds their excesses over the years, and with an equallly disgusting shower of bigots, some with proven links to loyalist terrororism, for a fan base.

It raises its head on here from time to time. Has no relevance to Hearts FC whatsover but its a good platform for those with an agenda they are too ashamed to debate openly.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Disappointing result in a way (a particular someone on the board will slate me for saying that), and Linfield's third consecutive double shows up the lack of depth in the game in NI. But fair play to them - it's up to the likes of Glentoran and Portadown to compete and make the league more interesting.

Except the Ports have lost out on their place in the new Irish League because they forgot to hand in their documents by the 4pm deadline as they were held up by a car accident! Only in Norn Iron could you be relegated due to a car accident! :confused:

jambojim52
Support (by the usual suspects primarily) of a club with a history of sectarianism that rivals Rangers, or perhaps exceeds their excesses over the years, and with an equallly disgusting shower of bigots, some with proven links to loyalist terrororism, for a fan base.

It raises its head on here from time to time. Has no relevance to Hearts FC whatsover but its a good platform for those with an agenda they are too ashamed to debate openly.

I know why this one was started OAG. But I was commenting in general.However my attempt a sarcasm didn't work, perhaps it was lost on some.;)

Eckauskas
Rankgers: 51 League Titles, 31 Scottish Cups, 25 League Cups, 1 Cup Winners Cup.

That's surely better than Linfield's record.

Rangers - 108 trophies.

Linfield - 199 trophies.

You do the math.

Eckauskas

Yes, because every Linfield fan is a terrorist.

Except the Ports have lost out on their place in the new Irish League because they forgot to hand in their documents by the 4pm deadline as they were held up by a car accident! Only in Norn Iron could you be relegated due to a car accident! :confused:

Surely they'll figure out a way around that? It would be regrettable to say the least if Portadown's forthcoming appeal were to fail.

By the way, I'm surprised you didn't take me to task for my (admittedly obscure) reference to your good self in my first post on this thread. :whistling:

Doctor FinnBarr
It did, and I tried.

You don,t have to post if you don,t like what the threads about!

:confused:

Ray Winstone
Yes, because every Linfield fan is a terrorist.

I hear Osama enjoyed a good Linfield game every now and again.

Eckauskas
I hear Osama enjoyed a good Linfield game every now and again.

He can't have.

He wasn't in the UDA/UVF.

Wouldn't have been welcome.

Funny how this thread was going OK until OAG, the only man alive with an imagination that matches IrvineJambo's, got involved with his usual moral crusade against the colour blue.

Doctor FinnBarr
He can't have.

He wasn't in the UDA/UVF.

Wouldn't have been welcome.

Funny how this thread was going OK until OAG, the only man alive with an imagination that matches IrvineJambo's, got involved with his usual moral crusade against the colour blue.

Oooh, snigger!

;)

Geoff Kilpatrick
Surely they'll figure out a way around that? It would be regrettable to say the least if Portadown's forthcoming appeal were to fail.

By the way, I'm surprised you didn't take me to task for my (admittedly obscure) reference to your good self in my first post on this thread. :whistling:

Ach, it was a no win situation. Hate both teams. Mind you, Coleraine don't qualify for a UEFA licence in any case so they can't play in Europe!

CornhillHearts

"Support (by the usual suspects primarily) of a club with a history of sectarianism that rivals Rangers, or perhaps exceeds their excesses over the years, and with an equallly disgusting shower of bigots, some with proven links to loyalist terrororism, for a fan base.

It raises its head on here from time to time. Has no relevance to Hearts FC whatsover but its a good platform for those with an agenda they are too ashamed to debate openly"

Jesus you took your time but as so easily predicted on you came good old victor meldrew. It was Linfields AGM Friday and can assure you that unlike Hearts AGM it was not a circus, you really do not have a scooby doo.

MOD EDIT

I close my eyes and picture that lovely Windsor scene and i never even think about the 40 shades of green

Coleraine don't qualify for a UEFA licence in any case so they can't play in Europe!

Oh dear, perhaps they need a white knight to rescue their ground.

I've heard of this Lithuanian bloke.........

Archived