Vlad speaks to heartsfc.co.uk

sp&cp

That is actually a fantastic point Salvatori.......Thanks Vlad

stopped THEM or we won them? We won them while stopping them in the process :kirk:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fourcandles

Wish he'd spent ?40million (sensibly) and left us debt free insted of ?60million and ?20 million still in debt.....

Still...as Salvatori says denied the tramps 2 Big cups and contributed to Sevcos demise by deying them 2 pots of Champoins League money (approx ?20-25million) so plenty of plaudits due there.

I loved Sir Vlad so much I named my kids after his empire.... little Vladimir, Roman and Janet will help me keep his memory alive forever.

My bairn called her goldfish Vlad.

He's a magnificent specimen as well.

Tommy Wiseau

A towering figure in the history of this great club and a true Hearts legend in every sense of the term.

Thanks for everything Mr Romanov. One day I hope we can repay you in some small way with the statue you do richly deserve :sob:

A towering figure in the history of this great club and a true Hearts legend in every sense of the term.

Thanks for everything Mr Romanov. One day I hope we can repay you in some small way with the statue you do richly deserve :sob:

We could look at naming one of the stands after him Tommy?

Some lovely posts on this thread :thumbsup:

Mad as a bag of badgers, vaguely infuriating (a tiny bit) on the odd occasion, but what a fabulous, ridiculous ride it's been. Few bumps and curves to come, but all hail to you, you beautiful b?&$tard.

J.T.F.Robertson

Vlad reads forums and is responding to Kickback directly. There was a video of him with sheathes of paper at a basketball game which turned out to be fans forum comments. Might even have been the Vlad-stupid video. Don't quote me on that! He is very concerned what we think of him and now that he's skint it's all the more important to him that we love him.

My opinion.

If Mr. Romanov is "skint", I'll wallop one of these. :)

9855911-mexican-sombrero-isolated-on-white.jpg

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Knock down the war memorial and replace it with a statue of Mr Romanov.

rossthejambo

Ah jeez :sob:

A statue or naming a stand after him is the least he deserves for giving us the best and most exciting of times. We'll be telling the grandbairns about the run at the start of 05/06, about the semi against Hibs, about our trips to London and Liverpool, and most importantly that cup win.

In the end, the "bad" memories will diminish and we'll be left with the many glorious days that he gave us. We'll never forget him.

_56431837_1200223.jpg

What a journey it's been. One of the greatest figures Scottish football has ever been gifted. Never forgotten.

0,,10289~9786628,00.gif

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Sickened to the core to think that certain, so-called hearts fans continue to question his class.

We do not need these people following this great club.

Sickened to the core to think that certain, so-called hearts fans continue to question his class.

We do not need these people following this great club.

It should be them ******* off instead of Vlad :(

Life's not fair.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well, amongst the cheers, the head scratching and shaking of heads, there has never been a dull moment. Thank you Mr Romanov.

Boab Mugabe

:sob:

Thank you Mr Romanov. Hopefully you will cuff the Lithuanian state in court and get some money back.

Maiden Gorgie

There is no doubt our profile in Scottish football has risen again thanks to Romanov. His statements to the press contained passion, wit and got people talking. - No such thing as bad PR and all that.

If someone farts in the wrong direction at Tynecastle it is news in the EEN, the weegia and on Reporting Scotland - again thanks to Mr Romanov.

We are quite a big deal you know

:verysmug:

TeribleTrio

As a Hearts fan for over 50 years he has given me the greatest moments as a football supporter I could have wished for. I lived through utter dross at Tynecastle for many, many years and never saw a cup being lifted with my father. Now my 2 sons have seen Hearts lift 2 cups with their father, witnessed some great Hearts players and sat in sell out Tynecastle crowds week after week. Not to mention 2 of the greatest games against the H1b5 at Hampden!

He has made many mistakes but we have always paid our tax bills, paid our players and paid the local small family run shops.

What Mr Romanov had not expected was the strength of the Bigot Brothers, the monkeys in the media and the hatred (racist) comments aimed at his fellow countrymen even from some of our own fans.

His report card is not perfect, far from it, but he has given us Hearts fans some of the best days of our lives captured in our memories, books and DVD's.

Good luck Mr Romanov!

Well said, I wish Mr Romanov nothing but the best.

heatonjambo

As a Hearts fan for over 50 years he has given me the greatest moments as a football supporter I could have wished for. I lived through utter dross at Tynecastle for many, many years and never saw a cup being lifted with my father. Now my 2 sons have seen Hearts lift 2 cups with their father, witnessed some great Hearts players and sat in sell out Tynecastle crowds week after week. Not to mention 2 of the greatest games against the H1b5 at Hampden!

He has made many mistakes but we have always paid our tax bills, paid our players and paid the local small family run shops.

What Mr Romanov had not expected was the strength of the Bigot Brothers, the monkeys in the media and the hatred (racist) comments aimed at his fellow countrymen even from some of our own fans.

His report card is not perfect, far from it, but he has given us Hearts fans some of the best days of our lives captured in our memories, books and DVD's.

Good luck Mr Romanov!

:stunned::spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

Malinga the Swinga

When you recall the Vlad songs after the 1-0 victory over Aberdeen that secured 2nd place and CL qualifiers at Tynecastle, I seriously doubt the atmosphere has been any better in the last 50 years than that midweek night. Takis singing, all the stands bouncing, only winning the league would better it, and even then, it might not surpass that moment when the whistle went.

Sure he could have done some things differently and been like Tom Farmer, but really, what would you prefer, a mad Vlad or a boring old Scot in charge. One of Hearts greatest ever owners and someone who I doubt we will ever see the like of again.

I first got the measure of the man when I was reading the papers from abroad, in 2005, to see that 'anonymous' stories were being planted in the papers, which could only be coming from the club, regarding Hearts manager at the time, a guy called John Robertson.

And I thought at the time: what a fine figure of a man is this, planting stories about JR in the press to prepare the ground for his dismissal.

All I ever needed to know about him, really

Hail King Vlad the man is now taking to court the Lithoanian Government now that takes Baws.

Franklin Delano Bluth

vladimir_romanov-1378440.jpg

What a giant of the game. Truly an inspiration to us all.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I first got the measure of the man when I was reading the papers from abroad, in 2005, to see that 'anonymous' stories were being planted in the papers, which could only be coming from the club, regarding Hearts manager at the time, a guy called John Robertson.

And I thought at the time: what a fine figure of a man is this, planting stories about JR in the press to prepare the ground for his dismissal.

All I ever needed to know about him, really

Cuckoo! :rofl:

What a bitter little ingrate you are. :(

The Old Tolbooth

Just another pish "you're no getting the club for free" statement really isn't it?!

Usual hatkickers v vladsheep battle will undoubtedly ensure...

A character, who brought us Rudi (forever grateful) and most of my all time favourite games. So to that extent, he will be missed. How he ran the club, wont be missed. But I'll raise a glass to the crazy fool.

Very much this!

Jambos_1874

The stand out quote for me is: "..if you believe, if you go for it, everything is possible.You can win the Scottish Cup. You can be champions but you have to go for it". That is exactly the sort of mentality that Scottish football needs and I thank him for giving Hearts fans a fleeting believe that we oould actually mount a challenge to the Old Firm and also for delivering two Scottish Cups. I disagreed with a lot of the things he did/statements he made but his biggest legacy has to be keeping us at Tynecastle. Moving to Murrayfield would have been a massive mistake but I just hope that we can survive the financial mess he's left behind (when he does eventually does go that is).

Without him we wouldn't have memories like these :sob:

Some Celtic fans asked me the other day "Since your club is in such a state do you not wish you could wind back the clock and not have Vlad in charge?"

WOULD I ****!

I always wanted to hear the champions league song played at Tynie and thanks to the wonderful man he made that happen.

The atmosphere was incredible that night,

will never forget you sir.

What a journey it's been. One of the greatest figures Scottish football has ever been gifted. Never forgotten.

0,,10289~9786628,00.gif

How ******* cool is this man!!!!!!!!!! looks like a hitman here! vlad THANK YOU.

Sounds like he's about to top himself.

Vlad, if you are reading this, I love you. I just wish I had had the balls to tell you that the night i was sat next to you on a much-delayed flight to Amsterdam.

And I'm glad you didn't sign Maurice Ross, who was over the aisle from us.

Captain America

The day I stood next to Vlad at an under 20s game is still one of the greatest moments of my life.

I am thankful for all he has done for the club and without him we would have not seen the players we have grace the Tynecastle pitch or the cup wins/champions league qualification.

He made mistakes but it was never dull under his stewardship.

Give me an owner like Vlad over a Stewart Milne/Stewart Gilmour anyday of the week. He was a breath of fresh air to all of Scottish football.

I hope we hear his song one more time at Tynecastle.

Best chairman/owner in my lifetime

I'm proud to say my friends and I met Mr Romanov before THE final last year. He was a gentleman, happy to pose for photos etc. good luck vlad..

Tiberius Stinkfinger

"To date, during his involvement with the club"

That says to me he isn't going anywhere.

No idea what all the tears & snotters on this thread are about tbh.

I always wanted to hear the champions league song played at Tynie and thanks to the wonderful man he made that happen.

The atmosphere was incredible that night,

will never forget you sir.

Except it wasn't the CL music that was played. Because it was only a qualification game, they had to substitute O Fortuna from Carl Orf's Carmina Burana - which has a vaguely similar sound to it.

I hate the idea of Vlad moving on. Right up there with the great Waldo. But thanks for everything and good luck with the court case. I hope Hearts name a stand after you.

Except it wasn't the CL music that was played. Because it was only a qualification game, they had to substitute O Fortuna from Carl Orf's Carmina Burana - which has a vaguely similar sound to it.

I hate the idea of Vlad moving on. Right up there with the great Waldo. But thanks for everything and good luck with the court case. I hope Hearts name a stand after you.

Played it at the dons game though.

Played it at the dons game though.

True but that was just to give us goose bumps and wind up the sheep :)

Archived