West Ham v Man United

Shapes

Tommy Wiseau

So - United may end up buying the most sought after striker on planet Earth.

And if so, Bunter will complain about it and call it "disastrous".

:cornette:

Yes, because he missed 2 games earlier this year with a strained hammy :lol:

The **** made nearly 60 appearances last season but the dream is dead; Bunter has labelled him injury prone :( Add in binning fatty Rooney in trade and it is a hellish deal :(

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

So - United may end up buying the most sought after striker on planet Earth.

And if so, Bunter will complain about it and call it "disastrous".

:cornette:

I would call it utterly shite if that's the only players United signed and got rid of 2 perfectly good EPL strikers to do so leaving no quality back up in any area of the pitch.

Hope this clarifies.

Tommy Wiseau

Injured 3 times this season, injured for his countries WC qualifiers in 2011 as well as a couple of injuries for porto.

Does it matter how major the injuries are? The fact remains you'd only have Welbeck as cover if he does get injured. If both got injured then United would be an extremely mediocre attacking side.

The 30 thing, didn't know his birthday thought he was close to 28. So apologies.

Is this like that time I "made up" Stevo missing open goals against Hibs Tam?

Aye you made that up anaw. Either that or you've never kicked a ball in your puff.

Show me a striker who hasn't missed an odd game here and there in their career - because THAT is what you are labeling him injury prone for. Wee hint; injury prone players do not amass more than 300 competitive appearances by the age of 27.

I keep trying to be nice, but you are honestly beyond clueless man :lol:

shaun.lawson

I would call it utterly shite if that's the only players United signed and got rid of 2 perfectly good EPL strikers to do so leaving no quality back up in any area of the pitch.

Hope this clarifies.

United need real quality. That's what Falcao is.

Rooney, meanwhile, needs either a boot up the arse, a change of scenery... or both.

Gregory House M.D.

Aye you made that up anaw. Either that or you've never kicked a ball in your puff.

Show me a striker who hasn't missed an odd game here and there in their career - because THAT is what you are labeling him injury prone for. Wee hint; injury prone players do not amass more than 300 competitive appearances by the age of 27.

He picks up minor injuries quite a lot.

Look at it this way, United are 2 points clear at the top, Robin van Persie is out with an injury and Radamel Falcao pulls a hamstring. Uniteds strongest team would be:

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Cleverley "The New Winger"

Kagawa

Welbeck

Would you fancy that team to keep a lead at the top?

Then say very injury prone Vidic is out, or Michael Carrick. What happens then? Anderson comes in or Johnny Evans?

Falcao is the best striker alive by quite some distance, leaving a squad like that in a league title race to buy him? I wouldn't TBH.

This has taken an amusing turn. :D

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I will be spewing if Man U sign Falcao.

Bobo Bunter isnae half trying to win that worst poster award back. :vrface:

Tommy Wiseau

It'd be better if you just admitted you made it up, Bunter, rather than these claims he picks up minor injuries a lot. Can't stress this one enough - injury prone players do not make 35 appearances + every single season without fail. Nearly 60 appearances last season FFS, "picks up a lot of wee injuries" :lol:

rossthejambo

He picks up minor injuries quite a lot.

Look at it this way, United are 2 points clear at the top, Robin van Persie is out with an injury and Radamel Falcao pulls a hamstring. Uniteds strongest team would be:

De Gea

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Cleverley "The New Winger"

Kagawa

Welbeck

Would you fancy that team to keep a lead at the top?

Then say very injury prone Vidic is out, or Michael Carrick. What happens then? Anderson comes in or Johnny Evans?

Falcao is the best striker alive by quite some distance, leaving a squad like that in a league title race to buy him? I wouldn't TBH.

That team would win games in the EPL, absolutely no.doubt about that.

Making up a ginormous injury list to prove a really tenuous at best argument is just silly really. No team in the world would be expected to win a title without their 2 first choice strikers, first choice centre midfielder and first choice centre half.

Are you expecting United to sign top class players in these positions just to sit on the bench?

As for the last line, bizarre. I personally hope Falcao doesn't sign for United, the thought of another of my favourites going there, after Kagawa last year, upsets me.

Chad Sexington

I wondered why this thread was still on the go.

I might have known it was another Bunter-fest. :lol:

Turning your nose up at Falcao. :rofl:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

What United are lacking imo is a playmaker type who can run the show in midfield and be the long term replacement for Scholes/Giggs. Someone like Mario Gotze who could sit a bit deeper alongside Carrick, pick out a pass then get forward and support. If you had those two behind an advanced three of say Valencia, Rooney and Kagawa with RVP leading the line then that would be a great 'front 6'. Strootman would be a good signing also.

I reckon Anderson and Nani will both leave. James Rodriguez from Porto has been linked but with Zaha having been signed are they really willing to spend another ?15-20 million on a young winger?

From what I've seen of Kagawa, he is bags of ability and should be a regular next season. Doesn't seem to me like he's been able to hold down a consistent starting place but he's got a good touch, good vision and an eye for goal.

Gregory House M.D.

That team would win games in the EPL, absolutely no.doubt about that.

Making up a ginormous injury list to prove a really tenuous at best argument is just silly really. No team in the world would be expected to win a title without their 2 first choice strikers, first choice centre midfielder and first choice centre half.

Are you expecting United to sign top class players in these positions just to sit on the bench?

As for the last line, bizarre. I personally hope Falcao doesn't sign for United, the thought of another of my favourites going there, after Kagawa last year, upsets me.

It would win games but not titles so it isn't good enough for United.

Is there a certified Guarantee that Falcao would be as big a success in England as Spain and Portugal?

I think United have signed enough duds who were meant to be brilliant to think twice about banking on that.

No, I don't think they'll be signing quality in all those positions and benching them. I do however think they should be signing a first team CB and a First team CM.

Add Strootman and a CB to Falcao and a winger and you have a top squad. IMO though, a squad that wouldn't win titles if 2 injuries occurred isn't good enough for United and the best teams and managers will always think of that "what if" scenario I put forward because sometimes the game will shit on you from a great height.

Archived