West Ham v Man United

Shapes

Gregory House M.D.

Sounds like Rooney had a 'mare tonight.

As a Man U fan Bunter, would you be gutted if he left?

I'd be pretty annoyed that SAF let it get this far. He's messed Rooney about all season so has no right to be pissed off that he can't capture his form.

His nonsensical inclusions of Danny Welbeck over Rooney up front have been annoying enough.

United need to get 2 new players. Gareth Bale and a CDM. Sadly, The Glazers will never attempt to compete with Madrid for Bale. United also need to keep Rooney and play him consistently at either CF or LW with Van Persie in the centre.

Went a bit off the point- Yes I'd be gutted.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Real Maroonblood

I'd be pretty annoyed that SAF let it get this far. He's messed Rooney about all season so has no right to be pissed off that he can't capture his form.

His nonsensical inclusions of Danny Welbeck over Rooney up front have been annoying enough.

United need to get 2 new players. Gareth Bale and a CDM. Sadly, The Glazers will never attempt to compete with Madrid for Bale. United also need to keep Rooney and play him consistently at either CF or LW with Van Persie in the centre.

Well you have always got the Hearts to fall back on.

What's the deal with The Fresh Prince of Bel Air getting a game ahead of him all the time??

From what I have seen of Wellbeck he just runs fast a lot, but doesn't look anywhere near as good as Rooney.

I quite like West Ham but see all that bubbles shyte?

:vrface:

Ffs.

:lol:

Yea it's pretty shit!

Not quite as bad as Hull City's "you're getting mauled by the tigers chant"

:wow: :wow: :wow:

What's the deal with The Fresh Prince of Bel Air getting a game ahead of him all the time??

From what I have seen of Wellbeck he just runs fast a lot, but doesn't look anywhere near as good as Rooney.

tbf, he hasn't needed to play Rooney to keep/protect their lead in the EPL, if he was playing catch-up Rooney would have played much more, IMO.

He is never a top 4 EPL team player in his life, and how he plays for englsnd just shows what type of manager hodgson is,wellbeck wil b playing for sunderland or fulham in a few years, nap!!

Maroon Sailor

Hammers legend Brooking referring to West Ham as they - what's all that about Trev ?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Why, you specifically said you aren't a Man U fan Bobo?

:lol:

Yea it's pretty shit!

Not quite as bad as Hull City's "you're getting mauled by the tigers chant"

:wow: :wow: :wow:

:rofl:

:rofl:

WHY do people keep posting youtube links on the mobile site!?!?!? I can't watch them on my computer

WHY do people keep posting youtube links on the mobile site!?!?!? I can't watch them on my computer

In the link hover your pointer over the word Desktop and it will take you to the site :thumbsup:

Been quite a strange season in some ways to think that this Man United team has had the title practically wrapped up for some time now.

This isn't a great United team at all.

Defensively, pretty woeful.

Midfield isn't as strong as it looks on paper. If you even class it as a strong midfield at all.

Up front, doing well but still not perfect.

The midfield needs a new Paul Scholes. Kagawa has been a bit of a let down this season. Is Rooney the answer as a no. 10? Still to be convinced myself.

A new winger or 2 is a must. Nani needs to go I think. Good player when he can be bothered. Valencia is hit or miss. Different class when on form. Absolutely shocking on a bad day. Ashley Young is pretty dire, nothing more needs to be said.

Still fancy an attacking midfielder but in saying that, Nick Powell could be the answer in time to come.

Midfield would be perfect with Carrick sitting as a deep lying playmaker. Rooney sitting behind the 2 strikers. 2 new wingers who can cut inside and cause real problems. RVP up front with Hernandez.

Hernandez really is the key for United I think. Doesn't get as much first team football as he deserves.

rudi must stay

Been quite a strange season in some ways to think that this Man United team has had the title practically wrapped up for some time now.

Midfield isn't as strong as it looks on paper. If you even class it as a strong midfield at all.

The midfield needs a new Paul Scholes. Kagawa has been a bit of a let down this season. Is Rooney the answer as a no. 10? Still to be convinced myself.

A new winger or 2 is a must. Nani needs to go I think. Good player when he can be bothered. Valencia is hit or miss. Different class when on form. Absolutely shocking on a bad day. Ashley Young is pretty dire, nothing more needs to be said.

Still fancy an attacking midfielder but in saying that, Nick Powell could be the answer in time to come.

Midfield would be perfect with Carrick sitting as a deep lying playmaker. Rooney sitting behind the 2 strikers. 2 new wingers who can cut inside and cause real problems. RVP up front with Hernandez.

Hernandez really is the key for United I think. Doesn't get as much first team football as he deserves.

The question is if they played Barca would they give them a better game than the last 2 times IMO. With Van Persie I think they would, the midfield always has a great work ethic whoevers in it. You're right about the defence, they could do with some new ideas there, there's players in there i'm not sure they can rely on against a good team in the Champions League

Good analysis of United.

But looking at game as a whole I think West Ham showed similar traits to Everton last night and also why you need combination of both teams (west ham/everton and Arsenal/manu to be truly different class). Speaking as a huge Arsenal fan - fancy passing is great if you have some steel as well; look at invincibles with Bergkamp and Viera, Pires and Gilberto Silva, Henry and Keown.

Also - dont know what others think but Im a big fan of Andy Carroll. If you take away his inflated transfer fee (which I think is holding him back) I think he is a great, old fashioned centre half and judging by tonight he puts a shift in in defence. Would really think he could be an integral part of a top six side either as lone striker who could get goals or simply as a target man who makes the knockdowns for others. A lot of the great teams have the two different forwards up front - Keegan/Toshack, Robertson/Clark, Shearer/Sheringham and I know 442 is a dying art but I still think there is a place if you get two strikers of differing ability playing in harmony. That's why I dont like Sutton and Ngoo and would prefer either/or with...

The Treasurer

Great performance from the Hammers, maybe a wee bit unlucky not to take 3 points. A win on Saturday (not be easy against Wigan) should ensure London's No.1 club will be playing EPL football again next season

Gregory House M.D.

Why, you specifically said you aren't a Man U fan Bobo?

No, I never. I said I lay no claim to being a supporter.

rossthejambo

No, I never. I said I lay no claim to being a supporter.

Splitting hairs.

the sub goalie

Guillem Balague had tweeted last week he expects Falcao to move to United in the summer.

Not overly convinced that should be the priority to strengthen if true, however, Falcao and RVP upfront :10600:

Maroon Sailor

Guillem Balague had tweeted last week he expects Falcao to move to United in the summer.

Not overly convinced that should be the priority to strengthen if true, however, Falcao and RVP upfront :10600:

Trying to buy another title then

Man U should have signed Sneijder when they had the chance.

Cleverly and Anderson are gash.

They miss Flecther massively and sadly I don't think he play again.

WE were outstanding last night. WE played them off the park.

Then I awoke and realised it was a dream, WE, Heart of Midlothian were actually not playing.

Quite bizzare.

Gregory House M.D.

Would still need a strong CDM badly and probably another CM and a CB.

the sub goalie

Would still need a strong CDM badly and probably another CM and a CB.

Kevin Strootman from PSV has also been linked, would also be a good signing.

WE were outstanding last night. WE played them off the park.

Then I awoke and realised it was a dream, WE, Heart of Midlothian were actually not playing.

Quite bizzare.

I refer to West Ham as "we" because I get to see them more than I do Heart if Midlothian" these days. I probably care about them more too. For those reasons I make no apologies.

Gregory House M.D.

Kevin Strootman from PSV has also been linked, would also be a good signing.

That would be a very good signing. If both of them actually happened then United could play:

De Gea

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Carrick Strootman Kagawa

Van Persie Falcao Rooney

:wub:

I don't care how weak that'd be defensively, it'd be ******* glorious :sob:

Forgot about Kagawa there.

The Treasurer

Trying to buy another title then

Isn't that what all teams try to do ? They spend to improve their team's chances. Just so happens that the likes of Man U, Chelsea etc are able to spend big enough to make winning titles possible.

Maroon Sailor

Isn't that what all teams try to do ? They spend to improve their team's chances. Just so happens that the likes of Man U, Chelsea etc are able to spend big enough to make winning titles possible.

No problem with that but the way fans of these clubs go on it's as if it's some kind of achievement winning titles with all their financial muscle.

It was only a matter of time for Man City to win it

Like to see a team living within their means do it - wouldn't mind their fans gloating about it

The Treasurer

No problem with that but the way fans of these clubs go on it's as if it's some kind of achievement winning titles with all their financial muscle.

Like to see a team living within their means do it - wouldn't mind their fans gloating about it

If the money is there, whether it's via Sky, gate receipts or some overseas billionaire with more money than sense then they are entitled to spend it. I certainly wouldn't feel we didn't deserve to be champions if someone decided to throw money at us. After all that is what Mr Romanov tried to do at first, bringing in Takis, Janny etc. Don't remember many complaints when we "bought" our way to the top of the league

Maroon Sailor

If the money is there, whether it's via Sky, gate receipts or some overseas billionaire with more money than sense then they are entitled to spend it. I certainly wouldn't feel we didn't deserve to be champions if someone decided to throw money at us. After all that is what Mr Romanov tried to do at first, bringing in Takis, Janny etc. Don't remember many complaints when we "bought" our way to the top of the league

Nowhere near the funds Man City and Chelsea have had thrown at them.

They signed established world class players - a world away from what Romanov could hope to achieve with Hearts

hernandez and rooney out, falcao and a winger coming in is what ive heard and my mole is usually quite reliable as far as utd are concerned, early days though.....................

Gregory House M.D.

hernandez and rooney out, falcao and a winger coming in is what ive heard and my mole is usually quite reliable as far as utd are concerned, early days though.....................

That would be an absolutely disastrous Transfer window for United. 2 injury prone strikers and Danny Welbeck left at the club. Both Strikers kicking the arse off of 30 as well.

Unless the winger you refer to is world class United will drop considerably in quality with that window if SAF fails to buy a CDM for about the 6th window on the bounce.

United live well within their means. Haven't you seen their profits? Unlike a few I could mention.

Gregory House M.D.

You'll see that in a months time. :smuggy:

Maroon Sailor

You'll see that in a months time. :smuggy:

A debt free, profit making football club winning the league ?

Gregory House M.D.

A debt free football club winning the league ?

Where did you say debt-free? You said living within their means. United do that and more. You might want to check what that debt actually is before making ridiculously stupid statements about it.

shaun.lawson

Where did you say debt-free? You said living within their means. United do that and more. You might want to check what that debt actually is before making ridiculously stupid statements about it.

366m. Second largest debt in the country.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

I'm forever blowing bubbles

pretty bubbles in the air

they fly so high they reach the sky

and like my dreams they fade and die

Fortune's always hiding

tho I look everywhere

Tommy Wiseau

That would be an absolutely disastrous Transfer window for United. 2 injury prone strikers and Danny Welbeck left at the club. Both Strikers kicking the arse off of 30 as well.

Unless the winger you refer to is world class United will drop considerably in quality with that window if SAF fails to buy a CDM for about the 6th window on the bounce.

Who is the other injury prone striker not kicking the arse off 30, please?

rossthejambo

Who is the other injury prone striker not kicking the arse off 30, please?

The other? I'd be interested to know who they both are, I mean, one of them can't be RVP, an injury prone striker would have surely been injured at least once this season...unless I've failed to understand the meaning of injury prone of course.

Assuming it is RVP and Falcao, you've got to wonder just how much you need to do to please some folk, 2 of the most prolific strikers in world football in the same team, "Disastrous transfer window".

Tommy Wiseau

The other? I'd be interested to know who they both are, I mean, one of them can't be RVP, an injury prone striker would have surely been injured at least once this season...unless I've failed to understand the meaning of injury prone of course.

Assuming it is RVP and Falcao, you've got to wonder just how much you need to do to please some folk, 2 of the most prolific strikers in world football in the same team, "Disastrous transfer window".

RVP has had a history of being injured a lot until the last 2 seasons and he is 30, so you can disagree but it at least makes sense. Just interested who the other injury prone striker who isn't kicking the arse off 30 is.

Maroon Sailor

they fly so high they reach the sky

and like my dreams they fade and die

Fortune's always hiding

tho I look everywhere

Is that a Michael Jackson song ?

Gregory House M.D.

Falcao has been injured a few times this season IIRC. Van Persie was extremely injury prone but hasn't been this season. Still, would you bank on both staying fit with only Welbeck as a replacement? I certainly wouldn't. Both get injured and United would be dropping points all over the shop with a bang average midfield and an aging defence both with little quality to back them up.

Lawson, I wasn't talking about how much it is. I was talking about being a debt that in no way involved making United a better team or benifitting United. Infact, that debt makes United worse than they could be because of interest payments. It's the Glazers debt, not Uniteds and it was ?800,000,000 only a couple of seasons back. It'll be gone soon enough while still making huge profits.

So yes, United have spent well within their means to earn the success.

Tommy Wiseau

Falcao has played 28 of the 31 La Liga matches this season, and has played a minimum of 35 games in every one of the 6 seasons he has played as a first team regular. Broken, likes :cornette:

He's also just turned 27, not even close to 30. Why do you just make it up, Bunter? :(

shaun.lawson

So - United may end up buying the most sought after striker on planet Earth.

And if so, Bunter will complain about it and call it "disastrous".

:cornette:

Gregory House M.D.

Falcao has played 28 of the 31 La Liga matches this season, and has played a minimum of 35 games in every one of the 6 seasons he has played as a first team regular. Broken, likes :cornette:

He's also just turned 27, not even close to 30. Why do you just make it up, Bunter? :(

Injured 3 times this season, injured for his countries WC qualifiers in 2011 as well as a couple of injuries for porto.

Does it matter how major the injuries are? The fact remains you'd only have Welbeck as cover if he does get injured. If both got injured then United would be an extremely mediocre attacking side.

The 30 thing, didn't know his birthday thought he was close to 28. So apologies.

Is this like that time I "made up" Stevo missing open goals against Hibs Tam?

Archived