Hughes: I can't imagine working for Vladimir Romanov

jumpship

Daily ranger

FALKIRK boss John Hughes reckons he would not last long as Hearts manager under meddling owner Vladimir Romanov.

But Hughes is full of admiration for the way interim Jambos head coach Stevie Frail has handled the regime.

The two managers square up in Monday's clash at Westfield with the visitors looking to secure seventh place in the SPL.

Despite missing out on the top six, Hearts' results have improved since Frail was given the reins in January after a woeful start to the campaign. And Hughes insists Frail's performance from the dugout should be rewarded with a permanent appointment.

He said: "I think my club is well run but there are times when I go home exasperated so I can imagine what he's gone through. That's why I admire him and respect him.

"I could work under that regime but I don't think I'd last long.

"I've got to know Stevie over the years and he's a good, honest, hard-working guy. I have great admiration for the way he has always puts his neck on the line.

"I'd give him the job, why not? "Give it to him and let him call the shots. I think he can do the job standing on his head.

"Hearts are playing good attractive football. Stevie has given some young kids a real opportunity over the last few weeks and that takes a brave man."

Hughes insists Hearts will be hurting from their failure to finish in the top half of the SPL.

He said: "It will be disappointing for a club that size not to be rubbing shoulders with the big boys.

"They will be wanting to win every game from now until the end of the season and make sure next season is a better for them.

"Although I was brought up on the other side of the town they are a wonderful club.

"The SPL needs a big strong Hearts, the fans deserve a good football side on the pitch and they have some wonderful players."

Good. Don't.

Also, attractive football? Dear god if this is attractive I'd hate to see ugly.

Good. Don't.

Also, attractive football? Dear god if this is attractive I'd hate to see ugly.

I can see what he`s saying though. It`s not the best we`ve seen but Hearts do try and knock it about but of course, we need to up the quality in many areas.

Other SPL Managers will be delighted that Hearts have failed to get into the top 6 for the first time.

So it's no surprise that they want SF to get the job permanently, is it?

Clerry Jambo
I can see what he`s saying though. It`s not the best we`ve seen but Hearts do try and knock it about but of course, we need to up the quality in many areas.

Dare I suggest the wide areas Debut4...;)

Dare I suggest the wide areas Debut4...;)

dare Clerry dare...........but don`t be frightened...your correct;)

maroonlegions

Although I was brought up on the other side of the town they are a wonderful club. :secret:

quick get this posted on to delusion.net :107years:;)

Spellczech

Missing out on the Top 6 was a blessing IMO.

I was angry with Frail because I thought he could have achieved top 6 but in retrospect it?s much better that we didn?t. For starters the pressure on Frail disappeared and I think that is good for him. Ditto the players, and this has allowed the youngsters to be blooded and some of the team are beginning to express themselves on the pitch.

I just hope that they take the benefits of this respite into next season when it becomes competitive again.

The good thing from Hughes' point of view is that he doesn't have to worry about getting the Hearts job - I hope.

Yes it's true we don't play long any more but playing the ball on the deck doesn't necessarily qualify as attractive football. Movement for me is one of the reoccurring features of a team that play 'attractive' football. In terms of our attacking prowess the only thing worse than the moment of our players is the positioning.

Yes it's true we don't play lond any more but playing the ball on the deck doesn't necessarily qualify as attractive football. Movement for me is one of the reoccurring features of a team that play 'attractive' football. In terms of our attacking prowess the only thing worse than the moment of our players is the positioning.

Agree with you mate, Hearts successful teams have always been direct, and i don`t mean long ball. Our good sides were always purposeful and did`t over pass.

We had players who could hurt teams in the last third and our game was all about being progressive.

There`s many teams about who pass the ball to death but don`t have cutting edge, but at least just now Hearts are trying to develop players who are purposeful and have good movement.(apart from 2 or 3!).

Miller Jambo 60
The good thing from Hughes' point of view is that he doesn't have to worry about getting the Hearts job - I hope.

Hughes is going no where as he has a brain the size of a pea.

Cant talk and is a hobo.

He will never come to tyne.:evilno:

Agree with you mate, Hearts successful teams have always been direct, and i don`t mean long ball. Our good sides were always purposeful and did`t over pass.

We had players who could hurt teams in the last third and our game was all about being progressive.

There`s many teams about who pass the ball to death but don`t have cutting edge, but at least just now Hearts are trying to develop players who are purposeful and have good movement.(apart from 2 or 3!).

I wonder who you mean :whistling:

:107years:

rudi must stay
Daily ranger

FALKIRK boss John Hughes reckons he would not last long as Hearts manager under meddling owner Vladimir Romanov.

But Hughes is full of admiration for the way interim Jambos head coach Stevie Frail has handled the regime.

The two managers square up in Monday's clash at Westfield with the visitors looking to secure seventh place in the SPL.

Despite missing out on the top six, Hearts' results have improved since Frail was given the reins in January after a woeful start to the campaign. And Hughes insists Frail's performance from the dugout should be rewarded with a permanent appointment.

He said: "I think my club is well run but there are times when I go home exasperated so I can imagine what he's gone through. That's why I admire him and respect him.

"I could work under that regime but I don't think I'd last long.

"I've got to know Stevie over the years and he's a good, honest, hard-working guy. I have great admiration for the way he has always puts his neck on the line.

"I'd give him the job, why not? "Give it to him and let him call the shots. I think he can do the job standing on his head.

"Hearts are playing good attractive football. Stevie has given some young kids a real opportunity over the last few weeks and that takes a brave man."

Hughes insists Hearts will be hurting from their failure to finish in the top half of the SPL.

He said: "It will be disappointing for a club that size not to be rubbing shoulders with the big boys.

"They will be wanting to win every game from now until the end of the season and make sure next season is a better for them.

"Although I was brought up on the other side of the town they are a wonderful club.

"The SPL needs a big strong Hearts, the fans deserve a good football side on the pitch and they have some wonderful players."

sounds like he's saying the opposite. That he does want the job but he may not last long cos Vlad would sack him. We could do a lot worse than bring in Hughes as manager imo ;)

I thought Hughes and Romanov would work well together seeing neither of them has a basic grasp of the English language :P

Mysterion
sounds like he's saying the opposite. That he does want the job but he may not last long cos Vlad would sack him. We could do a lot worse than bring in Hughes as manager imo ;)

aye - i have to agree, sounds like he's saying he'd be interested but would get punted within 2 months.... sounds familiar eh! ;)

putting aside that Yogie is a Hobo - he is doing a great job at Falkirk with little in the way of resources. down the line he may step up to a bigger club, but at the moment i think he's found his level in football management.

lately- he's talked less about getting one over on people and more about football, his players/team and generally done some good PR work when talking about other managers.

i think that's maybe why a few people on here have started to show the guy a bit of respect (or just cut him some slack) ?

personally, despite is green allegiances i hope he continues to do well with Falkirk.

Miller Jambo 60
aye - i have to agree, sounds like he's saying he'd be interested but would get punted within 2 months.... sounds familiar eh! ;)

putting aside that Yogie is a Hobo - he is doing a great job at Falkirk with little in the way of resources. down the line he may step up to a bigger club, but at the moment i think he's found his level in football management.

lately- he's talked less about getting one over on people and more about football, his players/team and generally done some good PR work when talking about other managers.

i think that's maybe why a few people on here have started to show the guy a bit of respect (or just cut him some slack) ?

personally, despite is green allegiances i hope he continues to do well with Falkirk.

Ha Ha thats good cant stand the HOBO .

Remember when he abused the Hearts fans at tyne.

Bampot comes to mind.

As for the Bairns well named bunch of moaning clowns. FEEL BETTER

Clerry Jambo
Has anyone ever heard a manager not back another manager for a job ?

Great Point Gigalo!

Absolutley spot on 100% for sure!!;)

Has anyone ever heard a manager not back another manager for a job ?

Haha, that would be a laugh.

Gigolo-Aunt
Haha, that would be a laugh.

Exactly. Hughes is being diplomatic.

Nothing more.

Gigolo-Aunt
Hughes couldn't even spell diplomatic, let alone pronounce it GA.

;)

Hehehehehehe

Its still a bit too early.

Ha Ha thats good cant stand the HOBO .

Remember when he abused the Hearts fans at tyne.

Bampot comes to mind.

As for the Bairns well named bunch of moaning clowns. FEEL BETTER

Yogi also ran up the line of Hibs very own West stand "flippin` the bird" to all, after securing a late winner at ER last season.

I think he is passionate about ANY team he is involved with. Unbelievably, that would have included yourselves, had history taken some different turns.

No, he is not the most articulate, but if you walked up to him, doused in marroon, he`d still talk and have a laugh with you.

I think you lot are being very unfair/savage even, to the guy, as he is just an honest football fan, unferneath it all.

In truth, you could do worse, although it won`t happen, Hughes will get a bigger move, I`d say Killie/Aberdeen for a start off maybe. He`ll kick bottoms wherever he goes, some clubs/players need precisley that.

Gie him a break.

rudi must stay
Yogi also ran up the line of Hibs very own West stand "flippin` the bird" to all, after securing a late winner at ER last season.

I think he is passionate about ANY team he is involved with. Unbelievably, that would have included yourselves, had history taken some different turns.

No, he is not the most articulate, but if you walked up to him, doused in marroon, he`d still talk and have a laugh with you.

I think you lot are being very unfair/savage even, to the guy, as he is just an honest football fan, unferneath it all.

In truth, you could do worse, although it won`t happen, Hughes will get a bigger move, I`d say Killie/Aberdeen for a start off maybe. He`ll kick bottoms wherever he goes, some clubs/players need precisley that.

Gie him a break.

i understand Aberdeen slightly. But Killie? A bigger job? You have to be joking mate

i understand Aberdeen slightly. But Killie? A bigger job? You have to be joking mate

I think the Hobo meant bigger than Falkirk?

rudi must stay
I think the Hobo meant bigger than Falkirk?

i hope he did. That would make more sense anyway

John Hughes, I don't particularly like him. However, I respect his mentality both as player and manager and wish there were more of his type in the game, particularly at our own club.

Composure and elegance are two traits he couldn't be accused of possessing, but he's got integrity by the bucketload and commands respect amongst his players.

Wonder if his boys call him "Yogi"? I think not.

Hughes wouldn't ever get the job....don't think I could ever picture him doing so....isn't his backroom staff all have connections with Hibs?

Ray Winstone

If Hughes reakons that we are playing attractive football then it sums up what he knows about playing good football.

His "young Scottish boys playing a passing game" is not quite as attractive to others as he thinks it is.

Jambotommy
If Hughes reakons that we are playing attractive football then it sums up what he knows about playing good football.

His "young Scottish boys playing a passing game" is not quite as attractive to others as he thinks it is.

In fairness mate, we are not used to watching a great passing game.

If we wanted brazilian flair and class, then we would all be going to ER every other saturday !!!

We are famed for our grit and workmanlike style, you know, the sort of guys you would want in the trenches with you.

Not the god damn tippy toe flairmiesters from the san giro(or some of our current tubes that wear the maroon).

cosanostra

There's something about Hughes that really annoys me.

I'd rather have Frail than that a-hole. I'd be gutted if he ever got anywhere near a job at Hearts, can't stand the guy.

Ray Winstone
In fairness mate, we are not used to watching a great passing game.

If we wanted brazilian flair and class, then we would all be going to ER every other saturday !!!

We are famed for our grit and workmanlike style, you know, the sort of guys you would want in the trenches with you.

Not the god damn tippy toe flairmiesters from the san giro(or some of our current tubes that wear the maroon).

Dont worry - I am well aware of the fact that we do not play a great passing game.

What gets to me is people like Hughes who seem to think that because he plays "young Scottish boys who play a passing game" then he ecompases everything that is good about our game. He has created a "myth" around Falkirk which is exactly why he would make a good Hibs manager.

Nucky Thompson
but if you walked up to him, doused in marroon, he`d still talk and have a laugh with you.

I think he is a decent lad. When we played Falkirk at Tynie in September, he was at the Murrayfield Hotel waiting for the team coach picking him up. He was having a crack with the Jambos sitting in the beer garden. I actually like him, down to earth and one of the boys.

Jambotommy
Dont worry - I am well aware of the fact that we do not play a great passing game.

What gets to me is people like Hughes who seem to think that because he plays "young Scottish boys who play a passing game" then he ecompases everything that is good about our game. He has created a "myth" around Falkirk which is exactly why he would make a good Hibs manager.

Good point mate.

John Hughes, I don't particularly like him. However, I respect his mentality both as player and manager and wish there were more of his type in the game, particularly at our own club.

Composure and elegance are two traits he couldn't be accused of possessing, but he's got integrity by the bucketload and commands respect amongst his players.

Wonder if his boys call him "Yogi"? I think not.

They don't, they call him Gaffer.

I'm confused as to why this was deemed thread-worthy and / or what point the original poster's trying to make, if any.

Hughes would get on great with vlad as he is one of the few managrers around not afraid to call it as he sees it regarding certain decisons from our pals in black . I mean a few visits to Park Gardens must look good on his CV

Archived