2 Question Poll

Charlie-Brown

2 Questions  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 2 Questions

• If Skacel stayed we would have been 3rd in 2006-07
    • Skacel leaving made little difference
    • If Gordon had stayed this season we would be Top 6 & challenging for Europe
    • Gordon leaving made little difference

Charlie-Brown

If Skacel had stayed last season would we have beaten Aberdeen to 3rd place? (I ask this as our SPL goals tally declined from 71 to 47)

If Craig Gordon had stayed this season would we be top 6 & competing for a UEFA cup place? (I ask this as our goals against declined from 35 to 50 currently)

bigwull22
If Skacel had stayed last season would we have beaten Aberdeen to 3rd place? (I ask this as our SPL goals tally declined from 71 to 47)

If Craig Gordon had stayed this season would we be top 6 & competing for a UEFA cup place? (I ask this as our goals against declined from 35 to 50 currently)

yes

in top 6 but not competing for europe i'm afraid, if gordon and velicka had remained 3rd would defo have been a possibility

Guest JamboRobbo

Skacel left due to Vlad and his interfering, so yes, had Skacel stayed, it would've had to have meant Vlad had cut out his bs, therefore we would've done a bit better.

Challenging for Europe is definitely taking it a bit far but I can't see how any can tell me Gordon wouldn't have made us at least two points better off. As for Skacel, we got little to nothing in our final season from the left wing, even if he'd only managed 7 goals or something, that and his general play would have been worth at least another 5 points.

Hard to say bit i think Skacel would have made a difference last season and we could have pipped 3rd.

This season i doubt Gordon would have made much difference in terms of a euro spot. Far too many poor performances against the bottom teams. Think we would have made the top 6 though.

Better players usually yield better results Charlie, so yes we'd have probably done better. However at the risk of creating another 'we need a manager' thread again, a good coaching appointment would have put us in a better position to overcome the loss of these players and have better on pitch performance. Arsene Wenger at Arsenal for example, has regularly had to deal with the loss of star players but because he is a qualified football professional with sound knowledge of what works in English football, has been able to replace them with other players without too much detriment to the team.

Charlie-Brown
Skacel left due to Vlad and his interfering, so yes, had Skacel stayed, it would've had to have meant Vlad had cut out his bs, therefore we would've done a bit better.

I think Skacel left because he wanted to go play for Burley, Southampton offered him a better league than the SPL, the prospect at that time of promotion to the Premiership (they made the play-off's) and possibly or probably more money as well.

Charlie-Brown

Currently in the top 6 there is very little between 3rd & 6th place so if you believe we could have made top 6 then we would've been in with a chance of europe.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think Skacel left because he wanted to go play for Burley, Southampton offered him a better league than the SPL, the prospect at that time of promotion to the Premiership (they made the play-off's) and possibly or probably more money as well.

Well Rudi might just disagree with you on that.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Skacel-39I39ll-always-be-a.3978206.jp?CommentPage=1&CommentPageLength=1000

"I speak to the boys from Hearts all the time and all of the time I look out for the Jambos' results' date='" revealed Skacel.

"What can I say? Every time I see their results and they have lost a game I feel so sorry for their supporters because they deserve better.

"The fans were good to me and they are fantastic for the team.

"It is almost two years ago that I left and even then I thought that it would turn out like this because it is not right.

"The owner picked the team and not the manager and there were a lot of bad things coming out all the time.

"I had a bad feeling about it and that was the reason that I decided I must move away from the club.

"I wanted to stay but I had a feeling that something like this would happen and it has maybe even been worse than I thought."

[/quote']

speedbump

No cause Rudi was the single most self obsessed player I have ever seen turn out in maroon.

Charlie-Brown

But he also said in other interviews that he wanted to go play for Burley and given his good relationship with most fans he's hardly going to say "your league is **** and they are offering more money" now is he? :)

Currently in the top 6 there is very little between 3rd & 6th place so if you believe we could have made top 6 then we would've been in with a chance of europe.

Of course we would have been in with a chance but i don't think we would have got there. We would not have scored the goals to enable us to get there. On top of that Motherwell still have two games in hand over us.

Guest JamboRobbo
But he also said in other interviews that he wanted to go play for Burley and given his good relationship with most fans he's hardly going to say "your league is **** and they are offering more money" now is he? :)

So he made it up then. :rolleyes: You're truly unbelievable in your refusal to see what is in front of your nose.

Pants Shaton

The difference is Gordon had to go; no club in Scotland could turn down ?9m for a goalkeeper.

Skacel's departure was a result of Romanov's 'unconventional' methods and the player's desire to leave the mad house / further his own career. Under different circumstances (Burley remaining as manager) he may have stayed.

bighusref

Skacel

I personally believe that had he stayed, he could have been our talisman, much in the way that Hartley and Cameron were before them, a catalyst in our midfield/attack that drove our team on and either scored or created goals. He would have been good enough to earn us a few more points to finish above Aberdeen IMO.

Gordon

The most talented goalkeeper I have seen in maroon (Strangely though, Neimi played better more consistently though) who will go on to do great things in the game. Given our team this season, I honestly do not believe that a world class goalkeeper could have kept out the mistakes of Neilson (hunners) Zaliukas and Goncalves. Look at Gordon at Sunderland, magnificent 'keeper that has been let down weekly by an awful defence. Sort our defence out then look at the 'keeper.

Having said that, he would have kept out goals that Basso and Kurskis gifted the opposition, we MIGHT have scraped the top six.

Seymour M Hersh
If it's gonna stop you stalking me, then fine, if you say you didn't withdraw your financial support you didn't. You just boycotted, but sneaked along to Tynie and spent money or merchandise etc just like normal.

Can you stop stalking me now?

Maybe you should stop stalking him.

It is hard to say if anything would have changed but my guessing is that both staying would have changed.

As long as Skacel was giving 100% he would have made a massive difference going forward. What were we, 3 points of Aberdeen?

This season. Not sure about challengning for Europe but with Gordon we would definately made up enough points to finis in the top six.

Miller Jambo 60

I miss Rudi a great player to watch.

Dont think Vlad had much to do with him moving on as Rudi was wanting to try English football.

As for Craig (THE BEST) but we could not turn down the cash.

Sick of the KB blaming Vlad for everything.

BRING BACK FAT MAN. HA HA

Charlie-Brown
Better players usually yield better results Charlie, so yes we'd have probably done better. However at the risk of creating another 'we need a manager' thread again, a good coaching appointment would have put us in a better position to overcome the loss of these players and have better on pitch performance. Arsene Wenger at Arsenal for example, has regularly had to deal with the loss of star players but because he is a qualified football professional with sound knowledge of what works in English football, has been able to replace them with other players without too much detriment to the team.

The reason I posted this thread Martin was to highlight 2 or 3 things....

Firstly in 2004-05 we scored 43 goals, last season we scored 47 goals, this season we are on 45 goals with 3 games left against Falkirk, Killie & Gretna so we could yet beat those previous goals scored totals........

The key difference between 2005-06 and the other seasons in that we scored 71 SPL goals - that season Skacel & Hartley scored 19 & 18 each (or was it 18 & 17?) anyway these 2 players yielded nearly 40 goals - the loss of 2 players who contributed between 15-20 goals a season saw us drop back to 4th albeit we missed 3rd on the final game - I'd argue Skacel was the more vital loss as Hartley remained for 6 months of the following season but only managed 2 or 3 goals before he left for Celtic.

Only Andrius Velicka has managed to score in double figures (12 & 14) in the 2 seasons since 2005-06 and he's now left as well.....I liked Velicka and would happily take him back - it was a good fee for a player of his age / experience / capability - it was the timing of the sale that was disappointing and inconvenient for us not the actual sale itself.

So Point One - we definitely need a new goal threat capable of 15-20 goals per season if we want to get back into challenging for Europe & we probably need 2 players like this to contemplating closing the gap on the Old Firm.

Second Point is goals against - with Craig Gordon in the previous 3 seasons we conceded 41, 31 & 35 which as a whole averaged under a goal a game over these 3 seasons and was good enough for Top 6 SPL - thus far this season we have conceded 50 goals this season with 3 games still to play.....

It could be argued that since Frail assumed full control he's managed to sort the defensive weaknesses we saw in the first half of the season with defenders & goalkeepers making too many mistakes & conceding too many soft goals - since the 4-1 defeat at Tannadice we have only conceded 10 goals in the 14 SPL games since then although 7 of these came in 2 Old Firm humpings but in the rest of the games the defence has been very mean conceding less than a goal a game and if that can be kept going next season then we should have little worries of relegation and would probably be looking at Top 6 instead of bottom 6 if we can score more than we concede.

Toxteth O'Grady

I've voted on the first and third option.

While these things in isolation may not have made a huge difference, they would be an indication of stability within the Club. Sack= Burley lose Scacel.

Favour Liths and fail to impose proper discipline = Riccarton 3= Lose Gordon sooner than he might have gone otherwise.

It would be just as easy to post a poll saying, If we hadn't had a team which picked by a committee including Romanov and it changed drastically from week to week, would we have finished higher in the league?

If we hadn't used had 3 different goalkeepers including the worst one at the club this season would we have finished top 6?

If we hadn't flogged our best striker just when we really needed his goals would we have finished top 6?

The bottom line is Romanov is responsible for the footballing ****** up at the Club over the last 2 seasons.

If he keeps his New Year promise he might sort it out. I have my doubts

Charlie-Brown
I've voted on the first and third option.

While these things in isolation may not have made a huge difference, they would be an indication of stability within the Club. Sack= Burley lose Scacel.

Favour Liths and fail to impose proper discipline = Riccarton 3= Lose Gordon sooner than he might have gone otherwise.

It would be just as easy to post a poll saying, If we hadn't had a team which picked by a committee including Romanov and it changed drastically from week to week, would we have finished higher in the league?

If we hadn't used had 3 different goalkeepers including the worst one at the club this season would we have finished top 6?

If we hadn't flogged our best striker just when we really needed his goals would we have finished top 6?

The bottom line is Romanov is responsible for the footballing ****** up at the Club over the last 2 seasons.

If he keeps his New Year promise he might sort it out. I have my doubts

These things have undoubtedly contributed OaP however football is about goals scored and goals conceded.......all teams turn over players leaving & coming for a variety of reasons.

But the key difference between 2005-06 (71) and 2004-05 (43) 2006-07 (47) & 2007-08 (45) was the amount of goals scored, we have scored roughly the same in the other 3 seasons - it was 2 players scoring 15-20 goals each that lifted us into 2nd place - we need at least 1 player capable of 15-20 goals to get back into the top half & challenging for a Uefa place - probably 2 if we want to close the gap on Rangers & Celtic for Champs League placings.

The other key point is goals conceded - 80% of our SPL goals conceded this season came in the first 21 games - since Tannadice we have conceded 10 goals in 14 games - if that can be kept up next season then we will have coped with the loss of an excellent keeper that Gordon was - but a key factor in getting a place in the top half is not conceding more than a goal a game on average........

Mr Quagmire

:sobored:

Do you think if Bednar had kept his Mo-Hawk we would have won the League ?

Charlie-Brown
:sobored:

Do you think if Bednar had kept his Mo-Hawk we would have won the League ?

It's not really about what if's Mackenzie - I just used those players & questions as a prop to show that goals scored & goals conceded have been critical factors in our improvement & decline in finishing positions - and statistically what has been needed to get a champions league place or a uefa cup place or a top 6 place...... :)

Very interesting poll...

Rudolf SKacel is and always will be left back (bcoz of his contract Burley did use him as FREE PLAYER)

There are some fans who are saying, that if you bought anything relating to Hearts (Hearts World, home game ticket or Hearts top) you are VladGimp and club killer.

I don't understand how NMH you cannot see that. Hearts is DEAD for real fans. Same with players... Webster, Brellier, Pressley were real players-zero cash to VR pocket, Gordon, Hartley - just VR's gimps.

Mr.Steven Frail debate... Best new manager on the floor. He can go all his life with his own team and be there for all from juniors to main team at any time of day.

January when question was risen about new manager. Lopez told to Shareholders that we will go with SF until end of season... There are some games until end of season, but SF proofed that he can managed team... So here is question why we should discard rookie manager who is willing spend his whole life with team for any other manager from top or lower Scottish tier?

NMH, Moneywise you in numerous posts are talking about living with means... Do you know, that this season FBK has 3 times bigger budget, than closest rivals. MTZ has biggest budget in Belorussia for first time and they have most expensive player in league (guy from Romania - striker so keep eye on him).

Thou both teams has worst start in their leagues under VR, but experts in own countries still thinks, that both teams will walk own league.

Most people on this board now that you are fighting against other fans (like Hearts fans should show to others why they are the best), but leave own fans alone... you spend money on Hearts and you are rightly been accused as VLADGIMP until table shows different.

Just live with this or start own team with real Hearts fans.

Guest JamboRobbo
These things have undoubtedly contributed OaP however football is about goals scored and goals conceded.......all teams turn over players leaving & coming for a variety of reasons.

But the key difference between 2005-06 (71) and 2004-05 (43) 2006-07 (47) & 2007-08 (45) was the amount of goals scored, we have scored roughly the same in the other 3 seasons - it was 2 players scoring 15-20 goals each that lifted us into 2nd place - we need at least 1 player capable of 15-20 goals to get back into the top half & challenging for a Uefa place - probably 2 if we want to close the gap on Rangers & Celtic for Champs League placings.

The other key point is goals conceded - 80% of our SPL goals conceded this season came in the first 21 games - since Tannadice we have conceded 10 goals in 14 games - if that can be kept up next season then we will have coped with the loss of an excellent keeper that Gordon was - but a key factor in getting a place in the top half is not conceding more than a goal a game on average........

Sorry NMH, but thats like saying "if we'd got more points we'd have been higher up the league", or "if we finished higher up the league, we'd have been higher up the league".

To suggest that the goals for was influenced only by Rudi, and the goals conceded is influenced only by Gordon, is to fail to see the bigger picture.

Football is a team game. A team is picked by a manager.

That is where you should be looking to find your answers as to why we have underachieved so miserable for the past two years. It all goes back to that. Blaming other things like individual palyers is just disctracting people from the real problem.

Guest JamboRobbo
Very interesting poll...

Rudolf SKacel is and always will be left back (bcoz of his contract Burley did use him as FREE PLAYER)

There are some fans who are saying, that if you bought anything relating to Hearts (Hearts World, home game ticket or Hearts top) you are VladGimp and club killer.

I don't understand how NMH you cannot see that. Hearts is DEAD for real fans. Same with players... Webster, Brellier, Pressley were real players-zero cash to VR pocket, Gordon, Hartley - just VR's gimps.

Mr.Steven Frail debate... Best new manager on the floor. He can go all his life with his own team and be there for all from juniors to main team at any time of day.

January when question was risen about new manager. Lopez told to Shareholders that we will go with SF until end of season... There are some games until end of season, but SF proofed that he can managed team... So here is question why we should discard rookie manager who is willing spend his whole life with team for any other manager from top or lower Scottish tier?

NMH, Moneywise you in numerous posts are talking about living with means... Do you know, that this season FBK has 3 times bigger budget, than closest rivals. MTZ has biggest budget in Belorussia for first time and they have most expensive player in league (guy from Romania - striker so keep eye on him).

Thou both teams has worst start in their leagues under VR, but experts in own countries still thinks, that both teams will walk own league.

Most people on this board now that you are fighting against other fans (like Hearts fans should show to others why they are the best), but leave own fans alone... you spend money on Hearts and you are rightly been accused as VLADGIMP until table shows different.

Just live with this or start own team with real Hearts fans.

:wavey:

So he made it up then. :rolleyes:You're truly unbelievable in your refusal to see what is in front of your nose.

You've lost the argument when you criticise the other person.

Sorry NMH, but thats like saying "if we'd got more points we'd have been higher up the league", or "if we finished higher up the league, we'd have been higher up the league".

To suggest that the goals for was influenced only by Rudi, and the goals conceded is influenced only by Gordon, is to fail to see the bigger picture.

That is where you should be looking to find your answers as to why we have underachieved so miserable for the past two years. It all goes back to that. Blaming other things like individual palyers is just disctracting people from the real problem.

his poll is total absurd if you hobogimp didn't get by now.

And problem with our club and our top six were refs and stupid Frail (as you point in every your post) Frail didn't play Pinnila and he didn't recall Larry from African Cup.

GTF EFING FRAIL.... maybe he didn't lose to Gretna, like other dorks, but he killed clubs history and now got poll where 91% visitors of this site wants him rot 4 ever.

Sooner he will leave and forget this club will be better for people like you...

Guest JamboRobbo
his poll is total absurd if you hobogimp didn't get by now.

And problem with our club and our top six were refs and stupid Frail (as you point in every your post) Frail didn't play Pinnila and he didn't recall Larry from African Cup.

GTF EFING FRAIL.... maybe he didn't lose to Gretna, like other dorks, but he killed clubs history and now got poll where 91% visitors of this site wants him rot 4 ever.

Sooner he will leave and forget this club will be better for people like you...

:rofl: I thought it was you. It ain't Frail thats stupid. It's uncle Vlad that is stupid for interfering in something he clearly doesn't have a clue how to do.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Haha please don't tell me None is back.

What a tosser.

Charlie-Brown

It's not about blaming anyone - players or managers or owners - you are correct JR football is a team game and they are all part of the team - but at it's simplest football is about goals for & goals against - we have had some structural problems in our team - scoring 71 goals with 2 15-20 goals per season players lifted us up into 2nd place - since then & the season prior we only managed 40-50 goals per season ie slightly more than a goal per game.

Without 1 or 2 regular goalscorers we will not compete for UEFA or even CL places.

Regards goals conceded after Gordon left we conceded 80% (40 goals) in the first 21 SPL game played - since then we have conceded 10 goals in 14 games - that latter ratio is much better and what is required to finish in the upper half of the league.

:rofl: I thought it was you. It ain't Frail thats stupid. It's uncle Vlad that is stupid for interfering in something he clearly doesn't have a clue how to do.

Wow ...

Hobogimp, do you think, that Frail is best novice in SPL in last 50 years and your opponents did right choice to keep him?

What about Hearts fans who are vladgimps and giving money to Vlad? Same name across city?

Guest JamboRobbo
do you think, that Frail is best novice in SPL in last 50 years and your opponents did right choice to keep him?

I think Frail has done a decent job, in impossible circumstances. He is not qualified or experienced enough for do the job he is doing, and has had to put up with Mad Vlad interfering putting Goncalves in the team and Banks/Basso in the team against his wishes.

He has done fairly well, DESPITE Vlad's interference which has hurt HMFC as usual.

How does Vlad feel about spending 12.49M to finish below teams that spent 3M?

How does Vlad feel about spending what we spent this season (10M to finish bottom six). Does Vlad think he is doing a good job picking the team when it finishes bottom 6 and costs 10M pounds?

What about Hearts fans who are vladgimps and giving money to Vlad?

Everyone makes their own choices.

Guest JamboRobbo
Hi None,

How's life been treating you?

Daddy ain't been too happy with him since the AGM. :laugh:

Charlie-Brown

As far as I can see what Frail has done since January with the players available is get the goals against ratio down to a good / acceptable level - that in itself has helped raise us 4 places up the league - the key problem that has to be solved is the goals for column..in 2005, 2007 & 2008 we have only managed 40-50 goals per season and missed out on europe 3 times - in 2006 we had 2 players score more than 15 goals each and were rewarded as a result - since then only Velicka has managed double figures (12 & 14)......hopefully Gary Glen is a step in the right direction but it's a big expectation to place on an 18 year old to score enough goals to carry the team upwards........Hearts need goals!

Hearts need goals!

And you aint going to get them with the current squad given it's the worst set of forwards in 25 years or by slashing the wage bill further meaing cheap / no replacements are brought in.

Charlie-Brown
And you aint going to get them with the current squad given it's the worst set of forwards in 25 years or by slashing the wage bill further meaing cheap / no replacements are brought in.

Motherwell under Malpas & McGhee managed to sign McCormack & Porter on free transfers

Dundee Utd under Brewster signed Noel Hunt for ?50K from Dunfermline.

Hearts signed Velicka on a loan deal from Kaunas.

There are always good value for money strikers available.

Motherwell under Malpas & McGhee managed to sign McCormack & Porter on free transfers

One quick question for you NMH...

If VR hadn't sold AV, do you think that we would have made top six this season?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think it's all irrelevant.

A manager would have got us into the top 6/europe

I know that's a boring answer but it's the truth.

Charlie-Brown
One quick question for you NMH...

If VR hadn't sold AV, do you think that we would have made top six this season?

Given that there was only a couple of points in it between us & Aberdeen then yes the answer has to be probably as any of the 3 draws to Killie, Falkirk & St Mirren could have been won with another goal.......the disappointing thing about the Velicka sale was the timing - not the trasfer itself or the fee but I suppose the terms were dictated by the start of Vikings season.

Given that there was only a couple of points in it between us & Aberdeen then yes the answer has to be probably as any of the 3 draws to Killie, Falkirk & St Mirren could have been won with another goal.......the disappointing thing about the Velicka sale was the timing - not the trasfer itself or the fee but I suppose the terms were dictated by the start of Vikings season.

The transfer fee is neither here or there for us.

He could have went for ?5.00 or ?5m, makes no difference to us.

We never got it.

But i suppose that's what the pyramid is all about, showcase Kaunas players over here, so they can be sold on. I'm struggling to see the benefits for us though.

If that's where you are setting your sights then Ok. Who said Hearts fans accept 2nd best and 2nd rate ???!!!!! No wonder we have to blame the referees and the media etc when that is the level of our ambition !

Toxteth O'Grady
........Hearts need goals!

Very true

As long as our strike force consists of Nade and Clum or worse still just one of them on their own, we won't score many

Maybe the Nones best Rookie manager in the league will realise that?

MacDonald Jardine

It depends what Skacel you're talking about.

The August - December 05 one or the one since.

Charlie-Brown
The transfer fee is neither here or there for us.

He could have went for ?5.00 or ?5m, makes no difference to us.

We never got it.

But i suppose that's what the pyramid is all about, showcase Kaunas players over here, so they can be sold on. I'm struggling to see the benefits for us though.

Velicka's 26 goals were of zero benefit?

What the difference between Velicka's 26 goals for Hearts or the likes of Flood or Alonko or Stokes playing on loan at Dundee Utd / Aberdeen / Falkirk - none of those clubs will get any transfer fee for showcasing other teams players.

Archived