Chick Young --Walter Smith's bagman

CJGJ

Did you see the TV pictures showing Rangers return -- there beside Walter was Chick (was the smiling troll) Young pushing a trolley with his own and Walters bags on it -- of course there is no suggestion that he is an unbiased reporter;) or indeed that he has forsaken his St Mirren roots (after of course forgetting he was a hearts fan as well !).

I would just like to hope that in his new job he receives more than the minimum wage -- mind you the travel perks have been good recently.

Miller Jambo 60
Did you see the TV pictures showing Rangers return -- there beside Walter was Chick (was the smiling troll) Young pushing a trolley with his own and Walters bags on it -- of course there is no suggestion that he is an unbiased reporter;) or indeed that he has forsaken his St Mirren roots (after of course forgetting he was a hearts fan as well !).

I would just like to hope that in his new job he receives more than the minimum wage -- mind you the travel perks have been good recently.

SAD wee man end off

Was listening to Radio Scotland on Thursday night while driving home and Dung was reporting from Italy. Pretty sure he gave the game away by saying "we" in an answer to a question about Rangers. No a great shock I know, but why does he need to feel the need to lie about being a Rangers fan??

Dougie Donnelly is another one. Clydebank fan my erse. My old boss was at school with him, fanatical Rangers fan.

At least Arthur Montford proved himself a Morton fan by going on the board when he retired.

Was listening to Radio Scotland on Thursday night while driving home and Dung was reporting from Italy. Pretty sure he gave the game away by saying "we" in an answer to a question about Rangers. No a great shock I know, but why does he need to feel the need to lie about being a Rangers fan??

i know i would!!!

I can never fathom how the, presumably, erudite gentlemen who strut the corridors of power in B.B.C. Scotland, see the execrable Mr.Young as a worthy ambassador to send, using our licence money, as our representative to all these foreign junkets.

An excellent example of someone promoted well above his level of competence.

Ray Winstone

Was unfortunate enough to meet Chick Young in Edinburgh airport once - he was absolutely off his tits, reeking of bevvy!

Surprised he even got on the plane but I hear Chick enjoys a drink.

He is one of the worst journalist/broadcasters in the country and only in Scottish Football could a man carve out the career that he has.

Unbelievable.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What's his story?

I'm sure I read somewhere his son died in a motorbike accident and Chick Young just lost it completely and now all he ever does is work to forget about it?

I actually felt some sympathy for him when I heard that and now just ignore him rather than get wound up.

Ben Dover
I can never fathom how the, presumably, erudite gentlemen who strut the corridors of power in B.B.C. Scotland, see the execrable Mr.Young as a worthy ambassador to send, using our licence money, as our representative to all these foreign junkets.

An excellent example of someone promoted well above his level of competence.

That's exactly what I have always been saying :rolleyes:

Och Chicks harmless folk will often say, but I dont give a **** if he's actually been neutered - he's a shocking example of what passes for a TV journalist these days and to think I'm paying for him to spout his pash :mad:

Guest gorgie kev

I feel sick.

colinmaroon

Listening to the radio yesterday - Chic Dung and Jim Traynor - and Chic refers to Rangers as vastly over-achieving to reach the final (See! He can get some things right!)

Traynor then says, "In much the same way you have as a journalist!"

Pure Gold!!!

Chick Young and Archie McPherson having as successful careers in broadcast and journalism as they have boggles the mind. They are both hopeless. I just hope I can be as lucky.

Archie Knox obviously has a soft spot for Chick.

Yes. It's a bog in a nearby field.

Therapist
Was unfortunate enough to meet Chick Young in Edinburgh airport once

He was on the same flight as me to Cancun a few years ago. He is an obnoxious wee scrote. :mad:

Captain Canada

Ageing old journo's like him are standing in the way on new talent coming through. How about someone 30 or under being given a pundits job on the radio? There are too many tired old folk like Chick Young and Jim Traynor spouting the same tripe every week.

Craig Gordons Gloves
Ageing old journo's like him are standing in the way on new talent coming through. How about someone 30 or under being given a pundits job on the radio? There are too many tired old folk like Chick Young and Jim Traynor spouting the same tripe every week.

so true - and the irony is that Chick and co moan about young players not being given a chance due to aging journeymen.....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Chick Young and Archie McPherson having as successful careers in broadcast and journalism as they have boggles the mind. They are both hopeless. I just hope I can be as lucky.

You will have to sell your soul to the Old Firm to succeed in the game. :sad:

Archived