Well i think its safe to say we NEED a striker

OTT

Steven May ?

We are not a First Division team so thanks....but no thanks.

Your thinkin is hardly going to be the best is it? U live in Drylaw! for me thats a sign of mental illness..

Franklin Delano Bluth

Plenty of good players in the lower divisions. Ryan Stevenson, ex-Ayr United was MOTM yesterday and scored both our goals, nearly getting three. If Sutton proves anything, it's that just because a player is good enough for one SPL team, doesn't mean he will fit in with another team.

Need to start searching the lower divisions, IMO. There must be a player ready to make the step up.

Horatio Caine

This is a fantasy thread. I reckon we can pretty much forget nearly all of the names mentioned on here. They aint coming!!

We have to source someone from lower leagues who's out of contract. `Well have proved it can be done, as have ICT.

We need a striker - yes, agree 100%. We also need a reality check.

Drylaw Hearts

Your thinkin is hardly going to be the best is it? U live in Drylaw! for me thats a sign of mental illness..

Good one.

Chris Erskine at Partick Thistle and Lyle Taylor at Falkirk are both out of contract at the end of the season and would definetly cut it at SPL level

Also Dayton, Barry Douglas, Chris Humphrey, Jon Daly, Randolph, Hateley, Higdon, Samson and Nicky Law would improve us

Chris Erskine at Partick Thistle and Lyle Taylor at Falkirk are both out of contract at the end of the season and would definetly cut it at SPL level

Was going to mention taylor at falkirk he's banged a few in has he not

Was going to mention taylor at falkirk he's banged a few in has he not

20 goals in 25 games and he is still only 22 year old

Personally think we need...a GOOD striker who we can relay on..someone special in the team that will bring something to the team (rudi skacel style) someone will pace, and someone who can control the game(like Blackie)

Franklin Delano Bluth

20 goals in 25 games and he is still only 22 year old

Exactly what we need to be looking at. If we don't offer him a deal, expect to see him banging them in against us soon. If Zaliukas leaves, you could probably pay this guy a quarter of what Zal is on.

i liked stevo up front during his first spell... surely it would be worth a try with ngoo, as we would cope at right mid... for now mind. hope rimmer comes back, as he seemed strong and direct.

tartofmidlothian

Exactly what we need to be looking at. If we don't offer him a deal, expect to see him banging them in against us soon. If Zaliukas leaves, you could probably pay this guy a quarter of what Zal is on.

Or keep Zal for a quarter what he's on and give Taylor a sixth what Driver earns.

I can dream.

tartofmidlothian

Iain Hume.

Out of contract in summer. Played at a good level. Of an age where he might consider the SPL. Scores goals. Canadian international. From Edinburgh. Supports Hearts.

That's a lot of boxes ticked.

Smith&Weston

Shinnie, mcgowan, carey, griffiths, mcginn, dave mackay. Davidson

believe Partick have a couple of decent players and taylor and graham score goalr at falkirk and Raith.

Probably get them all for the same wage we pay sutton.

Lower leagues in england or loans from EPL.

tartofmidlothian

Shinnie, mcgowan, carey, griffiths, mcginn, dave mackay. Davidson

believe Partick have a couple of decent players and taylor and graham score goalr at falkirk and Raith.

Probably get them all for the same wage we pay sutton.

Lower leagues in england or loans from EPL.

All ten of them for the same wage we pay Sutton? You're probably tight.

Diadora Van Basten

We've been needing a striker for years. WTF goes on at that academy? - midfielders and defenders aplenty but not one sod who can put the ball in the net.

If the academy only play one striker then that's probably why there is a lack of strikers coming through.

Lyle Taylor, Brian Graham, Stevie May and Allston all look good prospects and are playing well. I'd look at that boy Riley at Dundee too and Dave MacKay and Frazer Wtight at St Johnstone. All would be on peanuts to sone of the guys we have and be able enough replacements.

tartofmidlothian

Lyle Taylor, Brian Graham, Stevie May and Allston all look good prospects and are playing well. I'd look at that boy Riley at Dundee too and Dave MacKay and Frazer Wtight at St Johnstone. All would be on peanuts to sone of the guys we have and be able enough replacements.

Frazer Wright :facepalm:

Can we get Tony Capaldi and Zander Diamond too?

(the rest of your post makes good sense)

Frazer Wright :facepalm:

Can we get Tony Capaldi and Zander Diamond too?

(the rest of your post makes good sense)

Was just thinking of guys who are out of contract and we could get. Never realised he's 33. Sadly they are the kind of guys we are looking at in our current state. We need a captain if Webster leaves, Barr would be my choice but if he goes we need a leader. Who we'll get is beyond me. Why I'd try for Dave MacKay.

• 4 weeks later...

I think a good signing would be Stevie May who is a Scottish footballer who plays forHamiltonon loan from ST J May has previously spent time at Alloa on loan.

He is only 20 yr old and has a decent record in the lower leagues.

This is his Record.

2011-2012 Alloa Loan Played 22 Scored 19.

2012-2013 Hamilton Loan Played 19 Scored 10.

just scored a hattrick today

Mark_Mywords

There's no point signing a striker if we don't have anyone to create chances for him.

I'd rather we signed a proper box-to-box midfielder.

Spot on imo. The midfield has been the main problem for a long time now.

stuarty1874

Saw Stevie May today at Livvy, if he's only 20 then he's a Saudi Arabian. Long pony tail wouldn't go down well with many either! Please don't suggest players that you have yet to see LIVE.

Saw Stevie May today at Livvy, if he's only 20 then he's a Saudi Arabian. Long pony tail wouldn't go down well with many either! Please don't suggest players that you have yet to see LIVE.

He is defo only 20! :wow:

Saw him a couple of times for Accies but he didn't impress, seems he has hit a hot streak now though.

6 goals in 2 games is no bad thing.

Realistically who would you like to sign ? Someone ITK will have an idea of the finances (maybe?)

So it would have to be on a free

I would like to try rimmer for next season and bring in kevin kyle to support

Are you having a laugh suggesting KK he was finised when he left us and struggled with SEVCO in the 3rd Division before they released him.

Are you having a laugh suggesting KK he was finised when he left us and struggled with SEVCO in the 3rd Division before they released him.

Its called a suggestion mate, now you make one ;)

Archived