Well i think its safe to say we NEED a striker

OTT

Realistically who would you like to sign ? Someone ITK will have an idea of the finances (maybe?)

So it would have to be on a free

I would like to try rimmer for next season and bring in kevin kyle to support

Injury prone Kyle aye?

Plenty of players out there it's all about identifying the correct one.

Michael Higdon would be ideal. Lyle Taylor at Falkirk too.

Gibson's Willie

If there is no vlad then there will be no rimmer we need more a striker lets hope if Gary Locke is in the job he is able to bring in some experience

Injury prone Kyle aye?

Plenty of players out there it's all about identifying the correct one.

Michael Higdon would be ideal. Lyle Taylor at Falkirk too.

Hmm didnt actually think about it all that much, i had read he had been released from the sevconians so was in my head, plus hes a jambo so will play for the jersey

Rudolf's Mate

I'd like to see that Rimmer given a try tbh.

I've been on of those who've stuck up for Sutton saying he doesn't just become a dud etc. sorry but a half decent striker only needs half a chance!

If we'd had Thompson up front it would have been a rout!

There's no point signing a striker if we don't have anyone to create chances for him.

I'd rather we signed a proper box-to-box midfielder.

There's no point signing a striker if we don't have anyone to create chances for him.

McGowan from St Mirren ticks that box.

Alwaysinourshadows

McGowan from St Mirren ticks that box.

He's a Celtic supporting scumbag, dont want him and also he wouldn't come to us.

He's a Celtic supporting scumbag, dont want him and also he wouldn't come to us.

I couldn't give two hoots who he supports. And he will go wherever the best contract is.

Would get rid of Novi and send Ngoo back to Liverpool. Would take McGowan in a heartbeat and would happily take someone like Stephen Thompson or Michael Higdon.

Surely with the a few players leaving plus Grainger who we know about already I reckon we could afford their wages while still reducing the overall wage bill.

Are McGowan and Higdon under contract past the end of the season?

glastonbury jambo

we need a midfield powerhouse playmaker first , we are weak to the tackle and quality through ball in midfield,we need some one with skill and balls in the midfield.....dunno who mind

we need a midfield powerhouse playmaker first , we are weak to the tackle and quality through ball in midfield,we need some one with skill and balls in the midfield.....dunno who mind

Someone like Andrew Shinnie or Nicky Law maybe?

Alwaysinourshadows

I couldn't give two hoots who he supports. And he will go wherever the best contract is.

I do, no chance he would sign for hearts

Eggert Johnsson would improve our team no end too. Can play the def midfield role, and was pretty solid at centre half.

Just thinking out loud about realistic signings. :thumbsup:

Someone like Andrew Shinnie or Nicky Law maybe?

Andrew Shinnie and Nicky Law are great shouts. I'd also add Billy McKay too.

just thinking this.

Id rather we just played Jason Holt

Alwaysinourshadows

Andrew Shinnie and Nicky Law are great shouts. I'd also add Billy McKay too.

Shinnie is off to Birmingham and McKay just signed a new deal with ict

glastonbury jambo

andrew shinnie is a good player , would take him yes ,he would drive our midfield forward , we have not been direct enough from the middle of the park this season...too much ball going back then getting hoofed up

I think a good signing would be Stevie May who is a Scottish footballer who plays for Hamilton on loan from ST J May has previously spent time at Alloa on loan.

He is only 20 yr old and has a decent record in the lower leagues.

This is his Record.

2011-2012 Alloa Loan Played 22 Scored 19.

2012-2013 Hamilton Loan Played 19 Scored 10.

We need a strong, thugish midfielder next to a creative midfielder flanked by a creative winger and a more steady side midfielder, with a goal threat tucked in behind a big, mobile striker, how many of these spaces can be filled by the current squad? Not many

I think a good signing would be Stevie May who is a Scottish footballer who plays for Hamilton on loan from ST J May has previously spent time at Alloa on loan.

This is his Record.

Had an ok record for St Johnstone for his age a few years ago.

If we get new owners and some money for players i would look no further than jon Daly & Higdon as a partnership for us next season. But who knows we will probably be signing FREE players.

glastonbury jambo

Id rather we just played Jason Holt

jason holt i fear can not play week in week out , he would be a good impact sub though and mabey starting a few games until he matures

This is his Record.

Did he not knock us out of the Scottish Cup at Tynie a few years ago in that bizarre game where the Wheatfield Stand was closed?

jason holt i fear can not play week in week out , he would be a good impact sub though and mabey starting a few games until he matures

I think the wee man needs to put on some weight if he want to play week in and week out in scotland he has talent but lacks strength. Nothin a month of kebabs and pizzas wouldnt sort out :)

Did he not knock us out of the Scottish Cup at Tynie a few years ago in that bizarre game where the Wheatfield Stand was closed?

From what i can see online he score 3 in 20 for St J when he was 17-18 id imagine almost all of them appearances were from the bench for perhaps 15-20mins, just guessing tho

That was Peter Mcdonald. Stevie May played that night though.

Franklin Delano Bluth

In all my time following Hearts, I have never known a time when we haven't needed a striker (I just missed out on Robbo/got a little bit of his last years but I was just a wee boy, first top was a Strongbow shirt with 9 on the back though). Literally, apart from maybe 05/06 and kind of Velicka we have always needed a striker. Unfortunately they get the goals and are the most expensive players, so your really need to splash the cash or take a risk on a lower division player.

Created enough opportunities by the way yesterday. They St Mirren fans should have been leaving as we tucked away our third with 20 minutes gone.

Rudolf's Mate

just thinking this.

Did you see how many chances we had?

I'd like to see Stevenson get another run up top.

I like him in midfield if we were going to move a midfielder uptop id suggest jamie walker

I think the wee man needs to put on some weight if he want to play week in and week out in scotland he has talent but lacks strength. Nothin a month of kebabs and pizzas wouldnt sort out :)

Mate of mine has been watching holt since he was a youngster. always said he going to make it but that his physique would let him down in scotland. Has talent but needs to put some muscle on

Mate of mine has been watching holt since he was a youngster. always said he going to make it but that his physique would let him down in scotland. Has talent but needs to put some muscle on

I think ur friend is very observant id seriously suggest him pigging out for a month at the end of the season then using the 7-8 weeks pre season training to burn it off and turn it into muscle.

Craig Bryson is a midfielder I'd take in a Heart beat. Wouldnt get him though.

We need Locke to identify who he's definitely not keeping, which of the youngsters are good enough then build the team from there. I would take Jonsson in a heart beat. Got captain qualities about him. Thompson would be an ideal signing. We need a player with gravitas and who could knock some of the youngsters into shape and get them focused. Some seem to look like they are already there but they arent.

We've been needing a striker for years. WTF goes on at that academy? - midfielders and defenders aplenty but not one sod who can put the ball in the net.

Is Getting higdon not a bit ambitious? Why would he leave Motherwell (2nd in the league) and gettin regular game time, to join us, after the season we have had....

Is Getting higdon not a bit ambitious? Why would he leave Motherwell (2nd in the league) and gettin regular game time, to join us, after the season we have had....

If new owners come in and offered a nice deal for him and murderwell im sure he would consider it very seriously

Alwaysinourshadows

Higdons contract is up at the end of the season, surprised Motherwell haven't offered him a new deal yet. Apparently Motherwell fans don't rate him which is strange

I'd go for someone similiar to that crappy st mirren defender that bossied Ngoo and Sutton. A leader (only if Zal goes). I'd like to see Hearts bring in players with pace.

Steven thompson of st mirren is underated in my opinion and I would take him no bother at hearts,he done more than our so called 2 strikers yesterday put together.

I think ur friend is very observant id seriously suggest him pigging out for a month at the end of the season then using the 7-8 weeks pre season training to burn it off and turn it into muscle.

Aye he seems to have an eye for a player. Remember him saying about 8 years ago to watch out for a musselburgh lad called holt. Also said my son could turn out to be a not bad centre half. Heres hoping eh

Holt just needs to hit the weights and bulk up slightly and he'll be fine

Archived