Holidays 2008

Leebo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 week European tour mid June - July.

Starting off in Llubljiana before heading onto Zagreb, Budapest, Cluj Napoca, Bucharest, possibly Sofia and finishing up in Istanbul. Any suggestions of other places to see on our merry way appreciated.

Might squeeze in a cheap city break before the turn of the year as well.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Only one place to go and that is Ibeefa...

Wont go to any other place.

Best place in the world.

The world is bigger than Ibiza my.

In time you'll grow up and realise that.

:confused:

Going home to Edinburgh in March hopefully catch a couple of games, then stockholm in april followed by Australia in the summer, hopefully have a little european jaunt later in the year.

I really miss tynecastle and can't wait to be home.

is anyone going to eygpt in the summer?

off to sharm el sheik,st georges 3 corners all inclusive 4th august,2 weeks on the sauce:wavey:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Starting a new business in the next few months but hopefully I might be able to do another road trip in the states at some point this year.

Want to to do distilleries on a Harley this time

Off to Americas on 7th March for a week, where are you staying.

Staying at the Green Golf which surprisingly is next to the golf course in Las Americas. I arrive on the 14th so might pass you in the Airport. Hoping to bump into Gemma Atkinson and Roxanne Pallett like last year.

off to sharm el sheik,st georges 3 corners all inclusive 4th august,2 weeks on the sauce:wavey:

im going there in May same hotel! Tunisia in March, Bulgaria in June, Morrocco in August...

Staying at the Green Golf which surprisingly is next to the golf course in Las Americas. I arrive on the 14th so might pass you in the Airport. Hoping to bump into Gemma Atkinson and Roxanne Pallett like last year.

I can see your apartments from mine, Las Floritas right above a brothel, you'll be on my returning plane if you booked with Direct Holidays

I can see your apartments from mine, Las Floritas right above a brothel, you'll be on my returning plane if you booked with Direct Holidays

Depends if your flying back to East Midlands :)

Don't wear out all those ladies before I get there:p

Depends if your flying back to East Midlands :)

Don't wear out all those ladies before I get there:p

you'll be fine, I'm going with the Mrs JWL from Edinburgh, mind you I did have a wee sketch one night, it was after we beat Livvy 3 - 2 with Bednar scoring late on, I was meltedcanny say too much in case she reads this.:1022:

• 2 weeks later...
you'll be on my returning plane if you booked with Direct Holidays

Bad luck Cobblers. I know from bitter personal experience that JWL is not someone you'll relish flying with. :sad:

Still, could be worse - you could be sharing a room with him. :hae36:

Heading to the medoc in July for quality wine and grub. :)

Excellent choice. :)

Off to Alghero in Sardinia for a weekend 3rd-6th May then somewhere around Marbella in late September!!

Sexton Hardcastle

Dalaman for 2 weeks middle of July the day after T in the Park. Cant think of a better way to relax after that than on a hot beach with a pint of san miguel

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm off to the Hilton Sharks Bay hotel in Sharm on the 27th March.

Currently around 24 ?C and getting hotter.

:)

I'm off to the Hilton Sharks Bay hotel in Sharm on the 27th March.

Currently around 24 ?C and getting hotter.

Stayed there last october for a week,great week just chillin,mind yer mask n snorkel,just pretend its the bairns,the sea is amazin,its like being dropped in a warm tropical fish tank.The hotel is quite nice,the sunset bar is a great bar for a nice quite drink looking on to the sea,there is not much round about apart from other hotels but you can get a taxi into sharm,which is worth a wee visit

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Stayed there last october for a week,great week just chillin,mind yer mask n snorkel,just pretend its the bairns,the sea is amazin,its like being dropped in a warm tropical fish tank.The hotel is quite nice,the sunset bar is a great bar for a nice quite drink looking on to the sea,there is not much round about apart from other hotels but you can get a taxi into sharm,which is worth a wee visit

Really looking forward to it. I've heard the coral reef is out of this world.

We will definitely be heading into Sharm on a couple of days/nights. The girlfriend has already said that we are definitely going to Pacha (nightclub) one night whilst there.

We have also booked a day trip to Cairo by plane to vist the Pyramids, River Nile etc.

yep,the coral reef is amazin,never went to any nightclubs so cant tell you anything about them,went into sharm the once you get a bit of hassle from the locals trying to get you into their shops and resturants but i think that all adds to the experience,we would definetly head back their sometime,would'nt go in the middle of summer though think it would be to hot,think it was about 28 - 30 degrees when we were there in late october,anyway have a good one, I'm sure you will

Forever Maroon

Hong Kong for a few days then onto Beijing for 10 days or so taking in the great wall, forbidden city & terracotta warriors etc

Me and my best mate are are going away in the summer for sure, need some time away.

Thinking going back to bulgaria Golden Sands,

but not been to Bulgaria in a couple of years now. Has anyone been recently? Whats the prices for like booze and stuff still as cheap as four years ago?

Lady Jambo

:)

• 4 months later...
Denny Crane
Copenhagen this August.

Just back and boy did my credit card get mullah-ed! Eight gold bullion bars for a sip of beer!!!!!!!!! Nice place but rob a bank before going - you might have enough to buy yourself a cup of coffee. Even some Swedish tourists I met were moaning about the cost of the place - which speaks volumes if you've been to Stockholm (which incidentally can lay the real claim - IMO - of being Scandinavia's capital having just returned from the competition. Pricey but not extortionate. Lovelier on the eye too).

Archived