Holidays 2008

Leebo

Where is everyone going on Holiday this year?

Have you got anything booked yet or are some of you last minute people?

I am going to Alton Towers in April and Cyprus in August :)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot
Where is everyone going on Holiday this year?

Have you got anything booked yet or are some of you last minute people?

I am going to Alton Towers in April and Cyprus in August :)

Just back from Lanzarote, and am going to Florida for my main 2 weeks this year.

Also Prague with the missus in March.

Carl Weathers

I'm actually looking for suggestions for a week away with the lads.

I want somewhere hot and a hotel with a bar and swimming pool.

We went to Malia years ago and it was a bit 'oi oi' for me.

Somewhere with less plebs would be good. I noticed you can get deals to places like Malaga for less than ?200 each.

Going to LA with hubby and the kids to visit my father-in-law and his wife.

Hubby and I are also going to Las Vegas for a few days, leaving the kids with the in-laws. Cannae wait :)

Sergio Garcia

Majorca in May for the old mans 50th with the family and the Dublin for a weekedn in June with some friends and no doubt ill try and get away somewhere else as well!!!!!

Me and the boys away to Zante 23rd April for the whole summer!

Missing the end of Hearts season but its looking like wont be missing much anyway!

Planning a road trip in the States in the summer. Just get flights to LAX and have a night booked in an LA hotel for the customs documents. After that just drive around for a couple of weeks staying in motels making it up as we go along. Not a fan of other people making my plans for me.

Probably have a couple of city breaks during the year as well.

Alcudia, Majorca for me in June.Cant wait!!!!

2 weeks all inclusive!!!!

:cheers::cheers::food-smiley-004::beer::thumb:

Same for me...Last week in May, 1st week in June!

?727.00 for me, wife and 2 kids self catering!! :)

Cannae ferkin wait...

chester copperpot
Florida 2weeks beginning July

Oh no, I go last week in June, first week in July, hope we dont meet.

;)

Nucky Thompson

2 weeks in Tenerife on the 8th Febuary, a week at haven holidays caravan park in Filey on the 28th June and a week in Rhodes, flying from Edinburgh on the 28th August:)That will do for this year unless we win the Scottish Cup and get into Europe.

Portugal for two weeks which includes 4 / 5 days in Lisbon and the rest in the Algarve, with the berd.

Love Lisbon. If you haven't been before, take the short trip to Belem. If it's during the footy season, get yourself a ticket for Benfica. If she's not into that, tell her that Portugal's largest shopping mall is next door. It's true.

Week in Hong Kong in May with the Missus and another couple in May. Weekend in Dublin with old Schoolmates to celebrate our 50th's sometime in August

Going to LA with hubby and the kids to visit my father-in-law and his wife.

Hubby and I are also going to Las Vegas for a few days, leaving the kids with the in-laws. Cannae wait :)

I'm going to LA with the wife and kids as well... small world eh... ;)

Toying with going to Florida for the first time. We have a wee boy who will be 3 in April.

Any tips gratefully welcomed.

Toying with going to Florida for the first time. We have a wee boy who will be 3 in April.

Any tips gratefully welcomed.

Florida is amazing, however I think 3 is just a little to young to fully appeciate it. A lot of the rides have height restrictions which mean a 3 year old would miss out on a lot.

We took our two kids to Florida last year (6 and 5 year olds) and they loved every second of it and they got on most of the rides.

A few years back we took them to Eurodisney which was great fun, not as big or hot and well worth it.

Florida is amazing, however I think 3 is just a little to young to fully appeciate it. A lot of the rides have height restrictions which mean a 3 year old would miss out on a lot.

We took our two kids to Florida last year (6 and 5 year olds) and they loved every second of it and they got on most of the rides.

A few years back we took them to Eurodisney which was great fun, not as big or hot and well worth it.

That's what I thought. Cheers.

chester copperpot
That's what I thought. Cheers.

We've had the wee fella over every year since he was born, and its only now that he's able to go on most of the rides.

The advantages are that if you take him to the disney stuff, like the magic kingdom and animal kingdom, they cater for the wee kids like your aged 3's. There's some smaller rides that he will get on, however they're pretty pash for the adults.

The bigger parks are really for adults.

Tip for you. Under 3's get in the parks, so even though the wee man is 3, just tell them that its his 3rd birthday next month, that way he'll save you 30 quid a park.

See you can take the boy outta fife.

October I'm off to Asia; couple of nights in Singapore, scuba diving in Sipadan, then the Malaysian motorbike GP in KL. :)

Not planned my Christmas/New Year jaunt yet. :dribble:

We've had the wee fella over every year since he was born, and its only now that he's able to go on most of the rides.

The advantages are that if you take him to the disney stuff, like the magic kingdom and animal kingdom, they cater for the wee kids like your aged 3's. There's some smaller rides that he will get on, however they're pretty pash for the adults.

The bigger parks are really for adults.

Tip for you. Under 3's get in the parks, so even though the wee man is 3, just tell them that its his 3rd birthday next month, that way he'll save you 30 quid a park.

See you can take the boy outta fife.

Would you recommend it mate? Any tips on places to do, see, stay would be cool.

You are a Weegie now pal. We Fifers gave you a free transfer.

Any tips on places to do, see, stay would be cool.

I took my son for the first time when he was 6. Aside from the Orlando stuff - I assume you'll hire a car - Kennedy Space Centre's worth a visit as is Busch Gardens.

I never stayed in the hotels - always hired a villa with swimming pool. There are loads available and prices are good value.

chester copperpot
Would you recommend it mate? Any tips on places to do, see, stay would be cool.

You are a Weegie now pal. We Fifers gave you a free transfer.

We always hire a villa mate, that way you have the option of Mickey Mouse being rammed down your throat. Stay in the Disney resorts, and you've no choice but to have it rammed down your throat.

We normally go for a villa in Kissimee, try this website on villas2000.com.

You can get a decent 4 bed room villa with pool for about 450 PW, which is well worth it if you go with another couple/family. They sleep 10 easy.

The parks are all superb, however If you like rollercoasters, head down to Busch Gardens - About 60 miles away but pretty easy drive down the I4. You can get a bus from the old town on Highway 192 that takes you to Busch gardens, sometimes a better option if you fancy a few bud's at the park.

If you like special FX, try Islands of Adventure, Universal, MGM studios are the best ones I like most. The Spiderman ride has to be experienced to be believed. I loved it. Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are more geared towards the kiddies, but still a must if you're going there for the first time.

The only park I've not really enjoyed is Epcot, but it does have a great driving experience thing IIRC. Seaworlds seaworld, good for marine life, water slides etc.

All in all a must do holiday for everyone. Been going there the last 6 years, and have still not done a quarter of what I've wanted to.

Hell you can play a championship course for reasonable prices if you're into your golfing. Just beware if your ball goes near the lakes or reeds.

As much as I'd love to spend a week in The Waverley Bar in Dumbarton for ma holidays(HA HA), I'm off to New Jersey for a week in July, for a wee convention.

Cheers

Lynn

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm off to Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt for a week (All inclusive) on the 27th March with the girlfriend.

I am also going to Riga, Latvia for a Stag Doo on the 30th May for 4 days.

Still to book my summer holiday.

The People's Chimp

Hitting up mayrhofen in austria for snowbombing at the end of march/start of april. Was there last year and had an absolute blast, can't wait till this year. Fly to munich with sleazyjet and then a wee 2 hour transfer with other snowbombers - should be carnage - and we'll be there. There are 16 of us going, with that number possibly rising.

will have to plan some other trips - i might go to munich for a bayern game next season, will go to France at some point, will probably go to london for a week late summer and definitely need at least a week near a beach.

The Establishment

Going to Magaluf for 2 weeks in August and T in the Park in July if that counts. Hopefully another Euro Prague trip but looking less likely these days.

Goin away with the lads to Vilamoura in the algarve in summer! Anyone been there go any tips on the nightlife and what to see and do!?

Hitching up the bikes to the back of my car, tent in the back and off we go. Dont know where we are going, but will follow the weather forecast. If hot in England then will stay there, if not will get the ferry across to France or Germany.

Probably Thailand to visit my dad, not decided yet as hate that flight. If not a trip down to Inverness :):rolleyes:

Spooky, do you know each other. ;)

i expect i'll run into him

actually we're going for his birthday

Going to Zante in the summer at some point mum wants to go to Bruges In March for a few days for a Pi$$ up. Also want to go away for week in June after the exams but we'll wait and see...

going back to the states next year I cant wait

Just back from Lanzarote, and am going to Florida for my main 2 weeks this year.

Also Prague with the missus in March.

Andy you should know better, that's like taking a bag of sand to the beach !!! ;)

Off to Costa Teguise in Lanzarote with the family as usual for 2 weeks in July.Broons Bar (owned by Jambos) here I come.

Archived