The Simpsons - just end it

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

I managed to see the latest episode of the Simpsons released in America last Sunday and it confirmed to me that the show should stop. I have been a long fan of the simpsons and the quality just goes downhill over the last few years.

This episode was more trying to preach us to be a vegetrian and actully only barely made me laugh once. It saddens me that a show that was intelligent and funny has just ended up being preachy and while it used to be once in a while that they got guest stars on, now it is at least three a show.

Season 19 has only had one good episode and that is the one which is basicly a rip-off of the Departed (maybe they cant come up with an original idea for an episode.)

I know this is a bit of a rant but after watching that episode I felt they had cheated me out of what I thought was a funny show.

rossi_1983

I never even bother to watch the Simpsons now

Not even a patch on the originals, and has gone on for about 5 seasons too long

I managed to see the latest episode of the Simpsons released in America last Sunday and it confirmed to me that the show should stop. I have been a long fan of the simpsons and the quality just goes downhill over the last few years.

This episode was more trying to preach us to be a vegetrian and actully only barely made me laugh once. It saddens me that a show that was intelligent and funny has just ended up being preachy and while it used to be once in a while that they got guest stars on, now it is at least three a show.

Season 19 has only had one good episode and that is the one which is basicly a rip-off of the Departed (maybe they cant come up with an original idea for an episode.)

I know this is a bit of a rant but after watching that episode I felt they had cheated me out of what I thought was a funny show.

You need a hobby or a life mate!

There are places that lonely people can all meet up and discuss topics similar to your post....get well soon:confused:

Sexton Hardcastle

what makes this better is that the simpsons is advertised at the top of this post in the Links. I thought they were suppose to be fading it out anyway? i doubt it will ever fully stop just like other shows that run and run til they die a death. Dont get me wrong i lvoe the simpsons, introduceda new era of comedy on two levels. But times change etc. Family guy is almost the new age simpsons until a new comic appears. They both will go down in history like Tom and Jerry tho. True classics

jamboinglasgow
You need a hobby or a life mate!

There are places that lonely people can all meet up and discuss topics similar to your post....get well soon:confused:

thanks but I have a life, is it wrong to watch the most watched program in the world and point something out with it in a forum which is dedicated to just talking about anything.

Eckauskas

I refuse to buy any series past 9 on DVD.

Thats when it stopped being funny.

thanks but I have a life, is it wrong to watch the most watched program in the world and point something out with it in a forum which is dedicated to just talking about anything.

My mistake,you truly live life in the fast lane:rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow
My mistake,you truly live life in the fast lane:rolleyes:

yeah I'll make sure to wave to you as I pass you while your on the hard shoulder.

Commander Harris

seasons 3-9: absolute genius.

10 and onwards - disappointing. :sad:

There was a stage where simpons were class - homer was magic - but now he is too slapstick, there is almost no laughs in the new episodes, more like a typical american sitcom now.

There used to be alot of hidden jokes in the simpsons, but the creativity has gone and unfortunutly the writers are killing a once classic show.

just to add I have tried watching family guy but just cant get into it? Love watching South Park (keeps getting better) and Futerama (stopped making it at a peak in the show) are both classics tho

The Comedian

I agree with the OP. The Simpsons is like a old friend slowly dying, it's crap now.

I agree. Stopped being funny around Season 9/10 and as the OP said, it's now just fully of preachy bull****. I also agree about Homer, it's just slapstick now - the film was pretty poor. I did like how they included lots of old members of the show, just in the background. That was a nice touch, but overall I would have gave a 6/10.

South Park, does just keep getting better and better. the first few eps in the new series weren't as good I thought, but the last one (no internet) was class.

Family Guy is a different sort of humour, but equally hillarious.

I agree. Stopped being funny around Season 9/10 and as the OP said, it's now just fully of preachy bull****. I also agree about Homer, it's just slapstick now - the film was pretty poor. I did like how they included lots of old members of the show, just in the background. That was a nice touch, but overall I would have gave a 6/10.

South Park, does just keep getting better and better. the first few eps in the new series weren't as good I thought, but the last one (no internet) was class.

Family Guy is a different sort of humour, but equally hillarious.

I liked the old jokes in the film, like the ambulance still embedded in the tree at Springfield Gorge. It was ok on the whole.

South Park is good, but Family guy is genius. Probably my favourite programme right now.

I liked the old jokes in the film, like the ambulance still embedded in the tree at Springfield Gorge. It was ok on the whole.

South Park is good, but Family guy is genius. Probably my favourite programme right now.

The simpsons movie was quite good, better that the tv seris.

when the end was coming, and all the churchy ppl run into the pub and all the ppl in the pub run into the church - that was class :)

seasons 3-9: absolute genius.

10 and onwards - disappointing. :sad:

Couldn't agree more.

Was by favourite show by a country mile back in the day. Now I never watch it, except from a few repeats on Channel 4. Family Guy and South Park provide enough of the cartoon hilarity now.

monkfish1979
I agree with the OP. The Simpsons is like a old friend slowly dying, it's crap now.

*Possibly not a great way to think of an old friend that really is dying slowly. :)

Yep - I love Family Guy!

The Merse

I posted similar a few months back, The Simpsons is finished.

Can still enjoy the old ones but the new ones are gash.

As said above South Park & Family Guy have taken over, disappointed nobody has mentioned American Dad on here though, I absolutely love it.

kearney19

After season 9 as many people have said it has been going downhill.

I used to love the Simpsons but now its just there as a money making franchaise (sp)

Will probably go on for another 20 seasons or something, but they should just make the characters grow up and it will finish quicker.

Its well past its cell by date and shows like South Park are skys above it now.

Haven't watched a new episode of The Simpsons since Virgin lost their deal with Sky to show Sky One.

Chad Sexington
Haven't watched a new episode of The Simpsons since Virgin lost their deal with Sky to show Sky One.

Ditto.

Haven't missed it one bit either.

As has been stated by everyone else on this thread, the show is all but dead as a creative force.

I can still watch the old ones and enjoy them but the newer ones are painfully unfunny.

The writing is lazy and it's too gimmicky, it depends almost entirely on guest stars.

After season 9 as many people have said it has been going downhill.

I used to love the Simpsons but now its just there as a money making franchaise (sp)

Will probably go on for another 20 seasons or something, but they should just make the characters grow up and it will finish quicker.

Its well past its cell by date and shows like South Park are skys above it now.

If you mean that as a clever play on cartoon 'cells', then bloody genius, hat off to you sir.

If not, then god forbid the JKB grammar police catch you.

Denny Crane
Yep - I love Family Guy!

What the deuce!?

Tams bird

I have never watched a whole episode...

Like this bit though. Had it as my ringtone...

inspector

I agree with my boy. Lois has a better bod than Marge;)

*Possibly not a great way to think of an old friend that really is dying slowly. :)

:biggrin:

The Comedian

Ha but I made my point though.

Back on topic. I myself just don't laugh at The Simpsons anymore, I look on Homer being hurt in stupid way's as so unfunny. The show was much more than that before.

South Park and Family Guy are streets ahead these days. South Park in particular seems to get better with age.

jamboinglasgow
You want this dog?

100_11_image.jpg

just love Family Guy, think it shouldn't go on for too many more seasons (i.e. no more than 12 seasons) but at least it tries to push the barriers (everytime I see the recent DVD's it amazes me what they put in.)

Also got the American Dad season 2 and reminded me that it is a great program (love Patrick Stewart in it.)

I agree Lois is way hotter and better than Marge (and more interesting.)

just love Family Guy, think it shouldn't go on for too many more seasons (i.e. no more than 12 seasons) but at least it tries to push the barriers (everytime I see the recent DVD's it amazes me what they put in.)

Also got the American Dad season 2 and reminded me that it is a great program (love Patrick Stewart in it.)

I agree Lois is way hotter and better than Marge (and more interesting.)

Familt guy really do push it. Each season is "racier" than the last.

American Dad is good too. Not into it as much as FG but it is good.

jamboinglasgow
Familt guy really do push it. Each season is "racier" than the last.

American Dad is good too. Not into it as much as FG but it is good.

I agree, was amazed to see on screen on the DVD for season 6 peter's gentials. Did not expect that. Think its liberating for a tv show to though be censored on main tv i.e. fox but on cable and DVD be as unrestricted as it is.

Archived