GTA4.....the verdict (PS3)

Gannet

Got to say i am a little dissapointed.... the only plus seems to be that the "city" seems about ten times bigger than any previous versions, graphics are a bit hit and miss....only the water looks next gen, everything else looks "fuzzy", and this is on a 37 inch lcd tv thru the HDMI connection! Nice tease with a theme park thats derelict and a rollercoaster u cant ride....or can u?

hughesie27

Sounds like you should have got a 360 then it brilliant on that:D

If you adjust the saturation in game, and set rgb to limited on the system, i found it looks much better

BoJack Horseman

360 version here. Just to say I was never excited about the graphics of the game, GTA has never been a stand out in that field. It's the gameplay that's amazing. Concentrate on that. Saying that, I still think the graphics are superb.

I'm struggling to really get into it mainly because I played the previous games on the PC, and keyboard & mouse is always going to be 100 times better than a pad, especially in combat.

The driving mechanics are a lot more realistic this time, but ultimately that means the cars are more difficult to handle. It takes a lot of getting used to, but I reckon I'll eventually find that one of the best improvements over previous games.

On the plus side, the production values that have gone into this game are utterly amazing. The dialogue is fantastic, the level of detail of the city is astounding and the variety of missions is superb.

I just wish it was out on the PC.

hughesie27

Only played jsut under 20 missions and just under 15% completed. It seems a bit short?

When does the actual story kick in as well!

The Merse
Only played jsut under 20 missions and just under 15% completed. It seems a bit short?

When does the actual story kick in as well!

Round about now I think.

I'm at about 20% and it seems to be getting good.

Do The Dance
I'm at 22% and I've played 15 hours.

!!?? You must be doing alot of pi***ng about! I'm further than that and have played less than half that time.

Perhaps I'm just better than you. ;)

Online play is immense.

Also have to say I think the graphics are fantastic, and the game is superb.

(360 version)

The Merse

What type of online game do people recommend, have played a few but not really found one I'm that into yet...

I'm gash at the team deathmatches!

Do The Dance
Anyone else been having a bit trouble getting online?

Not 1 single problem. (360)

Ryan Gosling
!!?? You must be doing alot of pi***ng about! I'm further than that and have played less than half that time.

Perhaps I'm just better than you. ;)

Online play is immense.

Also have to say I think the graphics are fantastic, and the game is superb.

(360 version)

Just trying to enjoy the experience!

UnworthyPapaLazaru

Graphics are good enough, quite a lot of motion blur etc, and after fixing my settings I have it looking good.

Game is good though. Im enjoying it and have played for hours and still havent opened up the second island!

I got some online games on the first day but I havent been able to get on since. Hopefully it will work tonight. I have also had two random crashes on the single player. It didnt loose any data but I have backed up my game saves just in case!

Brucie is hilarious.

vegas-voss
360 version here. Just to say I was never excited about the graphics of the game, GTA has never been a stand out in that field. It's the gameplay that's amazing. Concentrate on that. Saying that, I still think the graphics are superb.

Agreed people have to remember about when consdering the graphics about the sheer scale of the game,it's not small level designs it's one huge world in one.

Graphics are good enough, quite a lot of motion blur etc, and after fixing my settings I have it looking good.

Game is good though. Im enjoying it and have played for hours and still havent opened up the second island!

I got some online games on the first day but I havent been able to get on since. Hopefully it will work tonight. I have also had two random crashes on the single player. It didnt loose any data but I have backed up my game saves just in case!

Brucie is hilarious.

Is it the system settings or in game settings you tweaked? What are the recommended settings to get the best out of it? ta.

UnworthyPapaLazaru
Is it the system settings or in game settings you tweaked? What are the recommended settings to get the best out of it? ta.

The in game and my tv settings. Try sharpness on your tele. It (normally) does the opposite of what you'd expect; When I reduce sharpness it gets rid of jaggies, when I up it it looks terrible.

vegas-voss
The in game and my tv settings. Try sharpness on your tele. It (normally) does the opposite of what you'd expect; When I reduce sharpness it gets rid of jaggies, when I up it it looks terrible.

I find when i play my PS3 it's best to have it set to movie as opposed to dynamic(hdtv) as the colours and contrast are just too much.Except for Rztchet and Clank but thats more a cartoon so it's better saturated.

Archived