What are Locke and Janny contributing?

Dr. Bapswent

Came up in another thread...and I think its a valid point.

If McGlynn is so bad.... and people think Locke will be better... where is his influence right now? Or is he just bad?

Certainly both Locke and Janny are in the dugout.... as well as McGlynn.... so where is their influence?

Are they just as bad?

Or are they standing by watching McGlynn struggle without helping? - surely thats just as bad?

Charlie-Brown

Another thread claims Locke contract up at the end of the season? If that's correct i don't see him getting a new deal unless new owners choose to keep him on?

How long is Jankauskas deal anyone know?

Wouldn't surprise me if neither was here in august?

The People's Chimp

Locke's contribution was to punch McGlynn on Saturday, post match. Don't see what else you could ask, tbf.

gorgie al 1960

If true what has been said on another thread about Lockie and Mcglynn, then the morale and trust won't be good between them, as fas as Jankauskas is concerned, he is between a rock and a hard place and has been since last November when the rug was pulled away from everyone regarding the clubs state of affairs, don't think he wants to be here, but who's gonna take him on?

Franklin Delano Bluth

Maybe Locke has benefitted from good management by Sergio and JJ and been made to look a lot better than he actually is? Maybe he and Jankauskas contribute a lot in training and are part of the problem?

Tin suit of armour on.

(Literally saying most of this in an attempt to create discussion)

I've heard before that McGlynn is stubborn and rarely listens to anyone with regards to his tactics, team selection so I find it hard to criticise them.

Fort Vallance

I think the fistycuffs after the game tells a story. Locke obviously frustrated, maybe due to having little say.

Or maybe being a Hearts supporter and having motive and opportunity.

Walter Bishop

I have heard alot of stuff regarding Mcglynn and Locke, whether true or not i cant say myself. What i do know is it came to ahead after the Dundee game and words were said between the pair in front of the players, The players backed Locke.

Haven't got a clue what Jankauskas contributes but he is a winner as is Lockie, McGlynn is a loser.

It was an argument allegedly. Not a punch up between Locke & McGlynn.

As the previous poster mentioned.

McGlynn always stands alone on the touchline, during games, without any apparent liason with his fellow coaches. That strikes me as strange and, possibly, significant.

i've heard lockey at warm ups before the games and he tries to get the players motivated and g'eed up, they do what he asks and trusts him as far i can see when watching this, all i've heard about mcglynn is that he's stubborn and it's his way or the highway, i know who i would back, the one who played profesional football and not one who unblocked sh!tters

yabadabadoo1874again

Locke is excellent at getting the players in a ring, one in middle then getting them to pass to each other without the one in the middle getting the ball.

It's awesome. Seriously cutting edge stuff, remember up close at fir park semi versus st mirren. I think he had the ring too tight.

He's more experienced now and he keeps the ring a bit looser. The ICT semi at Easter road for example.

That nite at fir park ranks as one of the shi*i*est performances I've seen by hearts ... let down a giant travelling support, who was the clueless fud in charge that nite I wonder ?.... : )

Not entirely sure what they contribute.

However if the takeover happens we need to empty them along with Mr McGlynn, get a fresh, brand new coaching team in place.

Bar maybe one or two on here nobody knows

No doubt though all the 'know it alls' will tell us all about their role when they know nothing and are just venting their frustration.

99.9 % of posters know nothing and will base their postings on how they feel at the moment and the frustrations the club is going through... in other words on absolute tosh... just plain stupid and as for judging them on how they act whilst sitting on the bench god save us.

Imagine if we were all judged in our jobs in the same way

Locke is excellent at getting the players in a ring, one in middle then getting them to pass to each other without the one in the middle getting the ball.

It's awesome. Seriously cutting edge stuff, remember up close at fir park semi versus st mirren. I think he had the ring too tight.

He's more experienced now and he keeps the ring a bit looser. The ICT semi at Easter road for example.

That nite at fir park ranks as one of the shi*i*est performances I've seen by hearts ... let down a giant travelling support, who was the clueless fud in charge that nite I wonder ?.... : )

:jjyay:

what do people want them to do ffs? They are backroom staff and who really knows what they think, how the get on with McGlynn or how much say they have?

Fackin obsessive stuff in football these days. Ultimately its the manager and players that count on a Saturday. If Janny or Lockie had the best ideas in the world, McGlynn would still have the last say on any matter.............

He's good at flicking folks ears too! ;)

Tapping in the scotland on sunday credited spurs, hartley and locke as major contibutors to his recent rise to the hearts first team, no mcglynn mentioned.....

Cappuccino Kid

Tapping in the scotland on sunday credited spurs, hartley and locke as major contibutors to his recent rise to the hearts first team, no mcglynn mentioned.....

Was going to post this earlier. I thought the omission of McGlynn's name was noticeable.

I'd be amazed if Jankauskas was justifying his wage.

Locke is a Hearts man and you know he's at the players to instill the same will to win.

Mcglyn I have given enough time for this appointment and it seems on the face of it that he will not turn this around.

I'd like to see the management sacked with the exception of Locke. Give Locke to the end if the season... It may just be the thing we need.

Locke is a Hearts man and you know he's at the players to instill the same will to win.

Mcglyn I have given enough time for this appointment and it seems on the face of it that he will not turn this around.

I'd like to see the management sacked with the exception of Locke. Give Locke to the end if the season... It may just be the thing we need.

On his own?

With the young talent we have available we need top class coaching to ensure we get the best out of them. I know that many people on here want Locke as he is seen as a "Hearts man" but we need to set the bar much higher to get the best out of these talented youngsters.

Why would you be amazed about Janny? Is this based on anything concrete at all or just a gut feeling built up by years of resentment towards the Liff fraternity?

Don't think McGlynn shows the same kind of faith in Lockie that JJ and Sergio did therefore I don't think he's getting enough chances to prove himself.

JJ saw him as his protege and gave him a lot of tasks to keep him learning.

Sergio came in knowing next to nothing about the club and Lockie was able to guide him along.

McGlynn would see him as neither of those. Just another backroom staff member.

As for Janny, he doesn't look like he's upto much during matches. Can't speak for what he does during training though.

I think Locke is definitely an asset.

Do I know? No. But gut instinct tells me morale would be a lot lower at the club if the coaching team was just McGlynn and Janny.

Is he an asset in a footballing sense? I genuinely dont know. But morale and motiviation are key attributes in a footballer and you need someone in the coaching staff that plays that role. If that is as far as it goes with Locke then that's good enough for me.

Janny was a daft typically "Vlad" appointment. He may or may not contribute something I dont know - but is he dispensable? Definitely. If he has any responsibility for coaching or training the attacking side of things then it aint working. If he has no influence on the players or McGlynn then it seems pointless him being here.

In an ideal scenario I would like to see a coaching structure with (1) a new manager, (2) an experienced coach (of his chosing) as his right hand man, and (3) Locke - continuity, knowledge of the club, experience of all the different coaches we have had etc.

Then if I was being greedy, ideally our reserves/under 20s would have the "young pretender" appointed. The guy that would potentially take over from whatever manager when he left, with Darren Murray assisting him.

Walter Bishop

People on here having a go at a true Hearts man, cup winner and club stalwart like Gary Locke in an attempt to deflect attention away from the arsehole McGlynn!!! :vrface::cornette:

tartofmidlothian

I think Locke is definitely an asset.

Do I know? No. But gut instinct tells me morale would be a lot lower at the club if the coaching team was just McGlynn and Janny.

Is he an asset in a footballing sense? I genuinely dont know. But morale and motiviation are key attributes in a footballer and you need someone in the coaching staff that plays that role. If that is as far as it goes with Locke then that's good enough for me.

Janny was a daft typically "Vlad" appointment. He may or may not contribute something I dont know - but is he dispensable? Definitely. If he has any responsibility for coaching or training the attacking side of things then it aint working. If he has no influence on the players or McGlynn then it seems pointless him being here.

In an ideal scenario I would like to see a coaching structure with (1) a new manager, (2) an experienced coach (of his chosing) as his right hand man, and (3) Locke - continuity, knowledge of the club, experience of all the different coaches we have had etc.

Then if I was being greedy, ideally our reserves/under 20s would have the "young pretender" appointed. The guy that would potentially take over from whatever manager when he left, with Darren Murray assisting him.

Your first three paragraphs about Lockey are spot on, and you're probably right about Janny too

Not sure I agree with the last point, though. I presume Lockey's the young pretender? I reckon from what I've seen Darren Murray is more worthy of being trained up as a future manager at this point in time. Lockey might well be a great Hearts manager, but I wouldn't want to see us appoint him without him having a season at a lower league club or even a couple of months as caretaker first.

The Old Tolbooth

Lockie is a motivator, he knows what it means to play for the club and sweat blood for them, he wears his hearts on his sleeve when it comes to the club, and bear in mind he's also worked with managers like Jefferies and Sergio, so to go from them to working with McGoon must be one hell of a shock for the guy, he must be shaking his head in disbelief at some of the things he sees going on compared to the last two managers, it's little wonder he disagrees with McGoon on a regular basis, I know who I'd rather keep!

gorgie rd eh11

People on here having a go at a true Hearts man, cup winner and club stalwart like Gary Locke in an attempt to deflect attention away from the arsehole McGlynn!!! :vrface::cornette:

Stop making things up. :fing10:

Seymour M Hersh

Lockie is a motivator, he knows what it means to play for the club and sweat blood for them, he wears his hearts on his sleeve when it comes to the club, and bear in mind he's also worked with managers like Jefferies and Sergio, so to go from them to working with McGoon must be one hell of a shock for the guy, he must be shaking his head in disbelief at some of the things he sees going on compared to the last two managers, it's little wonder he disagrees with McGoon on a regular basis, I know who I'd rather keep!

Blimey!

Captain Canada

the simple answer to this question is "a lot less than they should be". In other words they should be in charge of the first team rather than McGlynn.

Wow, another attempt to shift the blame from McGlynn. JKB's letter-waving knows no bounds

hahaha what made up nonsense.

On his own?

With the young talent we have available we need top class coaching to ensure we get the best out of them. I know that many people on here want Locke as he is seen as a "Hearts man" but we need to set the bar much higher to get the best out of these talented youngsters.

Not on his own!

Maybe get some experienced 'old hand' in to help. John Roberston?

There will be no shortage of ex hearts men out there to help us through a difficult time.

Why would you be amazed about Janny? Is this based on anything concrete at all or just a gut feeling built up by years of resentment towards the Liff fraternity?

Not anti Liff as you put it. Anti Jankauskas maybe!

In all the time he's been here he's never shown the slightest bit of interest except for a fairly good showing in the first season.

Defo Vlads spy in the camp but apart from that and putting the cones out all he seems to be doing is holding up one side if the dugout.

There's no evidence any if his CL winning experience rubbing off on any of our players and when Vlads gone, so will he.

Not anti Liff as you put it. Anti Jankauskas maybe!

In all the time he's been here he's never shown the slightest bit of interest except for a fairly good showing in the first season.

Defo Vlads spy in the camp but apart from that and putting the cones out all he seems to be doing is holding up one side if the dugout.

There's no evidence any if his CL winning experience rubbing off on any of our players and when Vlads gone, so will he.

So apart from half of his playing time here he's not shown any interest? :lol:

So despite Vlad not being interested and having bigger fish to fry, he's insisted on having a spy in the camp.

So apart from half of his playing time here he's not shown any interest? :lol:

So despite Vlad not being interested and having bigger fish to fry, he's insisted on having a spy in the camp.

Whatever way you want to interpret it chum.

Bottom line; I personally do not think EJ is worth the money he's paid and would happily see him gone.

McGlynn always stands alone on the touchline, during games, without any apparent liason with his fellow coaches. That strikes me as strange and, possibly, significant.

Not true! He has a piece of paper for company.

The manager did not get to pick his backroom staff and indeed had Jankauskas foisted upon him. He has had to keep Gary Locke whether he wanted to or not also.

The reality is only a few will have any idea of what goes on behind the scenes re coaching etc and if the manager truly trusts his backroom staff but the manager is liked by the majority of the younger players.

He did not have the opportunity to bring in his players and when he has done then Wilson and Ngoo have not been bad signings especially with a limited selection choice.

Trouble is anyone trying to post sense comes up against the 'how dare you look at reality' fans who live in the fantasy world of 3 or 4 goal wins every week... until he has a chance to create his own team we will never know just what he can do.

I would love to have seen a team with Grainger, Hamill, Zal, Stevenson (not suspended half the time), McGowan, Robinson, Templeton and Rudi playing all this season..... more than half a first choice team but it was not to be... yet we are supposed to be clear above the rest.

There has been too much change, too much going on in the background, too many red cards and far too many injuries this season.

Don't suppose it will matter though for I fear that he would need to perform miracles between now and the end of the season to keep even a majority of fans off his back............... once the 'poison' is in the atmosphere it is difficult to contain its spread.

From now on we need to hope the players and staff show a resiliance lacking in some of our fans and in many posters on this board.

yabadabadoo1874again

Good post, good points about his supporting or otherwise background team, nobody knows about em...but youngsters seem to be liking it...

The manager did not get to pick his backroom staff and indeed had Jankauskas foisted upon him. He has had to keep Gary Locke whether he wanted to or not also.

The reality is only a few will have any idea of what goes on behind the scenes re coaching etc and if the manager truly trusts his backroom staff but the manager is liked by the majority of the younger players.

He did not have the opportunity to bring in his players and when he has done then Wilson and Ngoo have not been bad signings especially with a limited selection choice.

Trouble is anyone trying to post sense comes up against the 'how dare you look at reality' fans who live in the fantasy world of 3 or 4 goal wins every week... until he has a chance to create his own team we will never know just what he can do.

I would love to have seen a team with Grainger, Hamill, Zal, Stevenson (not suspended half the time), McGowan, Robinson, Templeton and Rudi playing all this season..... more than half a first choice team but it was not to be... yet we are supposed to be clear above the rest.

There has been too much change, too much going on in the background, too many red cards and far too many injuries this season.

Don't suppose it will matter though for I fear that he would need to perform miracles between now and the end of the season to keep even a majority of fans off his back............... once the 'poison' is in the atmosphere it is difficult to contain its spread.

From now on we need to hope the players and staff show a resiliance lacking in some of our fans and in many posters on this board.

Archived