What do the players think?

Pennywise

Does anyone know any of the younger players personally? I would like to know how they see McGlynn. Jamie Walker is on twitter and after the game simply tweeted "Heads gone". I don't see any confidence in the squad & this has to be a reflection of what they hear from the manager.

Then maybe they dont know any different.

Winning breeds confidence and we aren't doing much of it.

How different things could have been had Jamie's screamer of a shot went in.

Probay all at Nando's to not gove a shit.

I promise my sweet and sour will be lobbed if I see ANY o' them walk doon my street.

WAJE FEEFS :seething:

The players hate Mcglynn. Robinson refusing to play for him is an example if this.

You don't know this. You're just making it up. McGowan & Driver spoke quite highly of him when they moved on.

I think you'll probably find that the majority of the players respect McGlynn given the fact that he's had an important role in bringing them through the ranks and has given them a run of first team games. Just because we're playing badly doesn't mean they all hate the manager. Even if you did know them I doubt they'd start bad mouthing him (even privately) when there's a cup final berth at stake.

Is this thread the beginning of another load of uninformed speculative nonsense which then subsequently becomes fact?

Correct.

Why have no player's came out and backed Mcglynn in the press?

Why have ex players come out and backed him in the press and on social media?

rudi must stay

Why have no player's came out and backed Mcglynn in the press?

they've never been asked about McGlynn's future by the press

Franklin Delano Bluth

To be fair, at training they probably just play a game for a bit and then go to Nandos or Krispy Kreme. Going by what we see on a Saturday, at least.

I'd love to train under McGlynn, life would be a doddle.

Given that Scott Robinson told him to GTF for the Aberdeen game, I'd suggest they have as much respect as we do.

Time to ramp up the protests at the games.

Given that Scott Robinson told him to GTF for the Aberdeen game, I'd suggest they have as much respect as we do.

Time to ramp up the protests at the games.

And Driver refused to play for Sergio.

One player spitting the dummy at being made to sit on the bench tells us hee haw.

quincy adams wagstaff

Why have ex players come out and backed him in the press and on social media?

even craig levein had ex players and current players backing him when he was boss,that changed as soon as he was emptied.

How would you feel if he was your boss?

Funny way of thinking about it.

No respect. Certainly no authority. Do what I want cos ill get paid anyway.

But Im sure our youthful squad dont feel the same.

Gowser and Driver did.

Wot did Gowser and Driver say about Mcglynn?

From wot i herd Driver had no time for Mcglynn

Wot did Gowser and Driver say about Mcglynn?

What exactly do you herd?

The players hate Mcglynn. Robinson refusing to play for him is an example if this.

If true then this is the only positive thing about McGlynn being manager. Robinson is useless.

the players are all billy big boots. a few first team games, the wee cup final and it seems they dont need to win games any more. maglinn oot.

Would imagine Ngoo might be a little annoyed. We probably haven't seen half of what he is capable of but has been given a thankless task of playing upfront on his own.

Here's what Jamie Walker thinks:

Meanwhile, Jamie Walker stressed the importance of the club?s supporters staying behind their side even when things are not going their way.

There were boos at the end of last weekend?s game against Killie as some fans chose to voice their frustrations, but Walker is keen for them to keep the faith with the team.

The young Hearts winger said: ?They?ve been brilliant with me since I came into the team and I just hope they stick by us. Hopefully next season we can kick on.

?I think the fans can see we?re in a transitional period. They just need to stick by us. We?re going to have a few bad results along the way, but we could win the cup and get into the top six.?

the players are all billy big boots. a few first team games, the wee cup final and it seems they dont need to win games any more. maglinn oot.

I would like to think the more established senior players would nip this in the bud. More youth than experience now though.

What we need is for one or two of them, maybe three, to call a press conference and make a statement saying that McGlynn is shite and they want him gone as there's significant unrest in the squad because of him... :curtain:

Wot did Gowser and Driver say about Mcglynn

So why would Driver come out In the press praising mcglynn, some folk spout some pish on here

jamboinglasgow

Would imagine Ngoo might be a little annoyed. We probably haven't seen half of what he is capable of but has been given a thankless task of playing upfront on his own.

Would be surprised if he felt that as he has often been used in the same role at Liverpool.

The boos at the end of the Killie game were not directed at the young players. They were directed at John McGlynn.

Reckon the players know that?

The boos at the end of the Killie game were not directed at the young players. They were directed at John McGlynn.

I doubt the players believe this.

If we played a shit game with shit tactics and few chances, but were winning at half time, we wouldn't be booing.

I doubt the players believe this.

If we played a shit game with shit tactics and few chances, but were winning at half time, we wouldn't be booing.

Of course we wouldn't.

Who boos their team at half-time when they're winning? :)

A good post that has been missed in the morass of bickering.

Jamie Walker quote above gives a suggestion of how they're feeling imo.

Of course we wouldn't.

Who boos their team at half-time when they're winning? :)

Thats the point. The players do not think we are booing the manager. They hear the boos and assume they are directed at them.

The players don't need to speifically think any boos are directed at them. They just need to hear boos understand that the fans are unhappy - for whatever reason - and they will feel they are failing. The boos are never going to be positive to the players.

This is it with McGlynn he uses everything to deflect the seethe away from him.Even when he said it was his fault the other week he was still quick to pass blame onto young guys and fans.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

To me the players look frustrated when on the park.

This is the most accurate post on the thread.

The players body language at times doesn't look right IMHO. At 2-1 down yesterday, we commented from secrion N that some players didn't seem to be engaging with the managers instructions. Make your own minds up.

With 3 senior pros injured ...how would you think and play knowing that the end of the season your away no prospects at this club ! A number of these players communicated with the younger players ,would text them ,phone ,encourage them now it is down to Webby...McG, blanks young players ignores them ..no answers ,no information .NOT a man manager. In life the manager has to communicate encourage and give purpose,uplift players individually as well as collectivelly.

Voice of reason

I'd like to know what they think of the supporters at the moment.

Good point - I can't imagine they are too impressed. I imagine N'Goo and Wilson were influenced by the great support we had at both legs against Liverpool when deciding on coming here. Sadly the lunatics have taken over the asylum and Tynecastle has a poisonous atmosphere these days. I honestly can't understand why supporters find it so difficult to give positive support in times of need. Being a 'good supporter' when you are winning every week is easy - it's at times like this that supporters rightfully earn their reputation as being good or bad in the eyes of the neutral.

However, us supporters did back the club magnificently during the share issue so we are a good bunch underneath our harsh exterior. Just wish we would give a bit of unconditional love to everyone at our club until May ( to the players/coaches etc not the Owners!) That's the time to reassess and perhaps get the pitch forks out.

MacDonald Jardine

The players don't need to speifically think any boos are directed at them. They just need to hear boos understand that the fans are unhappy - for whatever reason - and they will feel they are failing. The boos are never going to be positive to the players.

You can argue about who's fault it is but as a unit they ARE failing.

Is it necessarily better for youngsters to learn it's okay to lose to the likes of Kilmarnock and ICT at home?

If they feel that maybe they shouldn't be at a club like Hearts.

You can argue about who's fault it is but as a unit they ARE failing.

Is it necessarily better for youngsters to learn it's okay to lose to the likes of Kilmarnock and ICT at home?

If they feel that maybe they shouldn't be at a club like Hearts.

Well of course - but as with yesterday. Fans booed the ref at half time. Players won't necessarily feel that's aimed at them - but the boos will have an effect. And most likely not a positive one.

I would prefer them to understand the difference, but those subtleties will most likely always be lost.

They are under performing yes. But sometimes they won't deserve the boos they hear.

Particularly the younger kids might find that difficult to take. Some are only in their 20's or younger and in front of 12-13,000 people. That's tough enough without hearing them scream, swear and boo their performance.

And without wanting to bash McGlynn further, it is his job to manage those who he thinks can handle such an atmosphere and those that can't. I feel sorry for so many kids with so few experienced heads around them. Who they will look to for guidance and leadership.

Kids thrive on confidence more that anyone - but more severely suffer a lack of it through failing and being chastised for it.

Archived