What do the players think?

Pennywise

jamboinglasgow

Well of course - but as with yesterday. Fans booed the ref at half time. Players won't necessarily feel that's aimed at them - but the boos will have an effect. And most likely not a positive one.

I would prefer them to understand the difference, but those subtleties will most likely always be lost.

They are under performing yes. But sometimes they won't deserve the boos they hear.

Particularly the younger kids might find that difficult to take. Some are only in their 20's or younger and in front of 12-13,000 people. That's tough enough without hearing them scream, swear and boo their performance.

And without wanting to bash McGlynn further, it is his job to manage those who he thinks can handle such an atmosphere and those that can't. I feel sorry for so many kids with so few experienced heads around them. Who they will look to for guidance and leadership.

Kids thrive on confidence more that anyone - but more severely suffer a lack of it through failing and being chastised for it.

Its like a post I saw on the Hearts FB page. When the team was put up yesterday, one of the comments was "Not McHattie, he's shite." This is a player who has had 10 apperances for Hearts, is 19 years old, and a fan has already written him off for his first senior performances and a match against Celtic where he was targetted by international players all aiming to go down his side.

As you say, if your a player, going off the pitch as the final whistle goes after a loss and hear boos, for all you know they are aimed at you and your team-mates.

Its like a post I saw on the Hearts FB page. When the team was put up yesterday, one of the comments was "Not McHattie, he's shite." This is a player who has had 10 apperances for Hearts, is 19 years old, and a fan has already written him off for his first senior performances and a match against Celtic where he was targetted by international players all aiming to go down his side.

As you say, if your a player, going off the pitch as the final whistle goes after a loss and hear boos, for all you know they are aimed at you and your team-mates.

McHattie was also harshly booked for his first tackle in that game.

Whether he will make it, it is too early to say, but comments like that will hardly help his development and confidence.

MacDonald Jardine

Well of course - but as with yesterday. Fans booed the ref at half time. Players won't necessarily feel that's aimed at them - but the boos will have an effect. And most likely not a positive one.

I would prefer them to understand the difference, but those subtleties will most likely always be lost.

They are under performing yes. But sometimes they won't deserve the boos they hear.

Particularly the younger kids might find that difficult to take. Some are only in their 20's or younger and in front of 12-13,000 people. That's tough enough without hearing them scream, swear and boo their performance.

And without wanting to bash McGlynn further, it is his job to manage those who he thinks can handle such an atmosphere and those that can't. I feel sorry for so many kids with so few experienced heads around them. Who they will look to for guidance and leadership.

Kids thrive on confidence more that anyone - but more severely suffer a lack of it through failing and being chastised for it.

I don't disagree with most of that and I've said before I think McGlynn is throwing the young players to the wolves a bit by playing so many at once.

I certainly don't disagree with targetting players, particularly young ones, for abuse.

But football is a tough business and I don't want young players coming through thinking Hearts teams can get away with losing most of the time.

MacDonald Jardine

Would you say McHattie has played well in those games?

He might well become a player but so far he makes too many mistakes. He was targetted in the Easter Road derby with similar results if not goals.

Exactly - whilst it's the managements job to nurse and culture the players. Some fans can really help by having some consideration in how they might effect the younger players

I doubt people will avoid booing the team/refs but singling out a player is really harsh. The effect on a young kid could be significant. And why would he want to play/stay at Hearts if that's how the fans treat them.

I expect some will say - 'that's the nature of football, so if they can't handle it blah blah ...'

But in every profession there are kids that need help to develop, not destroyed while they are learning. If we want the kids to come on to a game, shattering their confidence really isn't going to be the best way of helping them.

He might well become a player but so far he makes too many mistakes. He was targetted in the easter Riad derby with similar results if not goals.

As a youngster would you agree he is going - and should be allowed some leeway to make mistakes in the process of learning?

Would you agree that in making some some mistakes he should therefore be publicly chastised and berated for any mistakes he makes?

Punishment for his natural youth and learning process should be humiliation, abuse and personal attacks?

MacDonald Jardine

As a youngster would you agree he is going - and should be allowed some leeway to make mistakes in the process of learning?

Would you agree that in making some some mistakes he should therefore be publicly chastised and berated for any mistakes he makes?

Punishment for his natural youth and learning process should be humiliation, abuse and personal attacks?

Of course he should get some leeway and I'm obviously not advocating the latter two.

However, there's a danger of unquestioningly accepting sub-standard performances on the basis we have a young team and some posts come close to that.

I can understand Football First's position, particularly as he regularly watches the youth teams, but on McHattie's performances so far at best he isn't ready for the first team. There is a danger in everyone being too afraid to suggest that.

It was one of the experienced players (Andy Webster) who inexplicably, with no one near him attempted a short pass that was totally misdirected and ended up as a throw in for the opposition.

Victor Meldrew

Ive been told that the trainning is a shambles

This surprises me: the one thing I'd have thought McGlynn would be good at would be putting the cones out at training - after all that was pretty much his role last time he was at the club.

This surprises me: the one thing I'd have thought McGlynn would be good at would be putting the cones out at training - after all that was pretty much his role last time he was at the club.

You just have to look at our set-pieces. They are total joke same corner every time floated to the back post. Wot are they doing at trainning?

jamboinglasgow

He might well become a player but so far he makes too many mistakes. He was targetted in the Easter Road derby with similar results if not goals.

I thought he had a nervy first few games, but when he had a run of games did well until the Celtic game and is no where as bad as people paint him.

vlad on the tyne

Are hearts the only spl team giving yoof a chance?. Outwith Celtic I would say every team is cutting their cloth and giving yoof a chance. Mcglynn has been a very poor appointment and must be replaced at the end of the season.

Tapping is in the Sunday mail saying all the young players love John McGlynn for sticking to his word and giving them a chance.

Tapping is in the Sunday mail saying all the young players love John McGlynn for sticking to his word and giving them a chance.

No player will come out and slate a manager. I bet the players start coming out and backing Mcglynn. We are all behind him, just need more time blah blah.

No player will come out and slate a manager. I bet the players start coming out and backing Mcglynn. We are all behind him, just need more time blah blah.

Think the fact is he is giving all the youngsters a chance an for that he will be popular with them.

McHattie was much better yesterday and had a good game. He is clearly improving and learning.

I believe Novikovas has been seen on numerous occasions to be laughing and smiling in Sainsbury's on Saturday nights after a defeat.

:conspiracy:

Franklin Delano Bluth

Jamie Walker just posted this.

BEJLXZ0CcAATXas.jpg

What does this mean? 'He's lost his head'?

BEJLXZ0CcAATXas.jpg

I would love to be in his position, time for him to man up.....he should try watching the shiye that we have to

BEJLXZ0CcAATXas.jpg

Hopefully means that someone just got the chop.

BEJLXZ0CcAATXas.jpg

Head's gone. It's been mentioned he tweeted those words already so I'd assume it was just that.

Franklin Delano Bluth

So... the players are now publicly coming out and slating McGlynn? We are quickly becoming a joke of a football club.

:seething:

So... the players are now publicly coming out and slating McGlynn? We are quickly becoming a joke of a football club.

I dont see how him saying "heads gone" slates McGlynn?

I would love to be in his position, time for him to man up.....he should try watching the shiye that we have to

Walker was our only player to come out of tonight's game with any pass marks. Behave yersel.

siegementality

It's always amazed me how a 19 year old soldier can dodge bullets and IED's in Afghanistan yet young football players confidence goes if they think boo'ing might be aimed at them. Get a fecking grip!

Walker was our only player to come out of tonight's game with any pass marks. Behave yersel.

Granted Walker and Ngoo get pass marks for tonight but whats all this shit on twitter about his heads lost ?? He is 19, a man playing for the team he supports.....canny be all that bad eh....theres alot worse things in life eh....they should be gratefull for the position they are in and crack on.

*sniff*

Franklin Delano Bluth

I dont see how him saying "heads gone" slates McGlynn?

I think he's saying McGlynn has lost his head. Even if it is Walker saying the heads gone, that's showing the public that the attitude is not there, which is directly down to the manager.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I think he's saying McGlynn has lost his head. Even if it is Walker saying the heads gone, that's showing the public that the attitude is not there, which is directly down to the manager.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

no, it doesn't

I know that Walker wasn't happy with McGlynm and how he was being asked to play before the cup derby, whether that's a widespread problem or if it still exists now I don't know, although its not hard to presume.

Franklin Delano Bluth

I might be just looking for something which would indicate the players are unhappy with the manager. Just saw the tweet and thought it showed something, maybe it doesn't.

You may be right. I read it like the laddie was gutted he lost the game.

Archived