Sky multi room

Jezza

Alright chaps,

Anyone any idea how this works?

Getting installed up stairs tomorrow, will this mean a hole in the living room wall/roof and a massive extension from the dish to the back room? Seems an awfully big job for 60 sheets.

Cheers

Alright chaps,

Anyone any idea how this works?

Getting installed up stairs tomorrow, will this mean a hole in the living room wall/roof and a massive extension from the dish to the back room? Seems an awfully big job for 60 sheets.

Cheers

Yep, that's basically it? Cable run, drill a hole through, run around the room and into the sky box.

Cool cheers guys. With the dish being at the other end of the house I hope the boys away by 1230 so I can head to the match like.

are you in a house, semi, flat?

where is your room to the sky dish?

they will run a cable round the outside walls and bore through the wall.

All too unsightly for me.

Got sky a couple of years back, the guy asks if it is ok to drill a hole in the wall to attach the ladder, health & safety., couldn't believe it.

Asked him about running a cable into the loft to go to a bedroom on the other side of the house. "No can do, not allowed to go into lofts!!"

you've got me interested, struggling to find information I understand.

anymore links?

brief summary

I'm interested in this too but what's the catch? What's the legal situation with it?

weaversknowe jambo
Salecc has a pm , can't seem to reply to the others ?

If you could forward it to the others would keep them in the loop about what they boxes can do ;)

Any chance you could forward that on to me as well, intrigued now...

Get an xbox in the room and get sky via that. Cheaper than multiroom.

I've been trying to do this for a few weeks an keep getting an error message saying the servers are down.

sick.of.romanov

Iv been looking at this on amazon. Is it as simple as plugging into ur existing sky dish or is it abit more complicated? I'm not a whizz with this kind of thing but would def be interested if it meant not giving sky my hard earned cash, any help appreciated guys

sick.of.romanov

Wouldn't mind a pm myself guys, the ones on amazon are about ?50 would I still need to pay to connect it? If somebody could let me know all the ons and outs with a pm would be grateful

What is the picture quality like, I presume just like normal tv and not like streaming on the computer.

Would also like a pm please

Get an xbox in the room and get sky via that. Cheaper than multiroom.

An old smartphone will do the job too, using mine for internet radio & Sky in the kitchen.

What is the picture quality like, I presume just like normal tv and not like streaming on the computer.

Would also like a pm please

your inbox is full

sick.of.romanov

Thanks for ur pm insertor, just a couple of questions, how easy is it to record I.e sky plus and can u still get access to on demand and iplayer ect?

cheers salecc, been trying to mail him too :)

cheers insertor, I'll have a wee think about what you sent me!

Chaka Demus & pliers

I can't pm for some reason ?

If the others who have the info could pass it on :)

Aye share the knowledge people!

please before you buy one of these boxes do a bit of reading about them first ,, and all I can say is that I no a lot about these systems have done them for years so please don't buy of eBay as you might find out your box turns into an expensive free view box as these 12 months gifts don't turn work out all the time

please before you buy one of these boxes do a bit of reading about them first ,, and all I can say is that I no a lot about these systems have done them for years so please don't buy of eBay as you might find out your box turns into an expensive free view box as these 12 months gifts don't turn work out all the time

So what would you recommend?

Archived