Feels like team spirit

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

With so many youngsters coming through at the same time ,one thing we should be getting is a far better team spirit.

These laddies have came up together and been mates for the last few years,I met Wee Driver and Jason going into Easter Road for the 2 2 game ,behind the goals with their Hearts scarfs on.

Jamie macdonald went to The Stirling match with Moley and the Aussie lads.

This will also benefit Cristoph as captain as the youngsters look up to him as captain.

We need to get the all for one spirit of 86 back.

The only delusion these laddies suffer from is thinking that Prison break is a TV classic,watch the Sopranos for christ sake.

Clerry Jambo
With so many youngsters coming through at the same time ,one thing we should be getting is a far better team spirit.

These laddies have came up together and been mates for the last few years,I met Wee Driver and Jason going into Easter Road for the 2 2 game ,behind the goals with their Hearts scarfs on.

Jamie macdonald went to The Stirling match with Moley and the Aussie lads.

This will also benefit Cristoph as captain as the youngsters look up to him as captain.

We need to get the all for one spirit of 86 back.

The only delusion these laddies suffer from is thinking that Prison break is a TV classic,watch the Sopranos for christ sake.

Decent point Colonel - Team spirit can carry a team of average players into a decent side, add a bit quality allied to the team spirit ethic and who knows what can be achieved. Until lately this has been lacking badly in this Hearts side.

Drylaw Hearts

I'd rather see youth be given the opportunity to prove themselves at this level than waste more money on high paid players who contribute very little.

If we can add a few more experienced faces to hold these youngsters together plus add a strong Manager then I'll be happy.

Honestly I will.

Hope so.

Gives the fans something to be happy about as well.

We'd all rather see the young guys trying their hearts out than overpaid mercenaries grinding out 0-0 draws with Falkirk.

I like the idea of the team spirit similar to when jeffries brought in locke johnston ritchie etc

unfortunately someone who has less expereince than jeffries and probably myself picks the team round tynie these days

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Good points actually especially the Berra one.

At least you know the young guys will give 100% for the jersey.

That's all I want from players playing for Hearts.

I couldn't agree more.

I'd rather see a team of talented youngsters giving everything for the jersey than vastly overpaid journeymen going through the motions.

But that doesn't mean I'd be happy with a plucky defeat each week.

Results must still rack up on the board. How about a mix of an experienced goalie, 6 older players and 4 youngsters?

Toxteth O'Grady
I couldn't agree more.

I'd rather see a team of talented youngsters giving everything for the jersey than vastly overpaid journeymen going through the motions.

Results must still rack up on the board. How about a mix of an experienced goalie, 6 older players and 4 youngsters?

Good post Cade, like you I'm all for youngsters who are hungry for success trying their heart out for Hearts. The bottom line though is always results.

I feel that a balance of experience and youth along with a tactically astute manager is the way to go.

jamboinglasgow
I couldn't agree more.

I agree also with that a thought.

If it was the current squad I would have:

Banks in goal as the experenced goalie

Older players in: Berra, Palazeulos, Miko, Wallace, Karipidas, Nade

Young players: Glen, Jonsson, Thomson, Driver

I don't think any of them are over 23 are they?

I don't think any of them are over 23 are they?

Aye but older doesn't just mean age. It means first team experience.

Berra and Miko have been first team regulars in the SPL for at least two seasons now.

Riff Raff

Kurtz, what are you on about, The Sopranos?

Team spirit is watching the final season (aye, it's SEASON in Septic land) of The Shield.

Mind you, Jose Goncalves as a Black Vic Mackey isnae workin'

Ryan Gosling
Aye but older doesn't just mean age. It means first team experience.

Berra and Miko have been first team regulars in the SPL for at least two seasons now.

Next season is Miko's 5th in the SPL.

FIFTH.

Guest GhostHunter
I'd rather see youth be given the opportunity to prove themselves at this level than waste more money on high paid players who contribute very little.

If we can add a few more experienced faces to hold these youngsters together plus add a strong Manager then I'll be happy.

Honestly I will .

:eek:

I about fell off my chair...

DH happy ?!?!

Whats that all about ;)

FIFTH.

He'll be next for a testimonial then!!!!!

FIFTH.

Fingers crossed this'll be the season he contributes his 5th assist! (sorry, Miko lovers!)

I agree with the sentiment of the OP. I would be delighted to see a mainly youth orientated team next season under the tutelage of an experienced manager and with Banks and Kingston retained as senior players. I think if Romanov ticks these boxes and butts out of team selection I would expect us to qualify for Europe comfortably.

blondejamtart

Honestly I will.

Couldn't agree more - I've said this before. I'd much rather give the young lads a chance to prove themselves, when there's a chance they'll show a bit of fight and passion, than rely on some of the lazy b****** who are content just to show up every week and pick up their pay cheques.

And yes, team spirit is a vital part at any level of sport - if we can get that, and get them playing together, for each other and for the jersey, then it could make a big difference.

Couldn't agree more - I've said this before. I'd much rather give the young lads a chance to prove themselves, when there's a chance they'll show a bit of fight and passion, than rely on some of the lazy b****** who are content just to show up every week and pick up their pay cheques.

And yes, team spirit is a vital part at any level of sport - if we can get that, and get them playing together, for each other and for the jersey, then it could make a big difference.

I agree and if/when ' shaggy' gets the job he should stamp his authority all over them and make sure that he makes the point that he is the manager and demand respect. not one of the lads.

Seymour M Hersh

Honestly I will.

What do you think the minimum bench-press weight should be for this person?;)

Cambo_Jambo
I agree also with that a thought.

If it was the current squad I would have:

Banks in goal as the experenced goalie

Young players: Glen, Jonsson, Thomson, Driver

I think you could argue that Jonsson and Driver have performed well enough

this year to be considered reasonably experienced. Especially Driver has

shown that performing at SPL level isn't much of a task for him.

Who are the players who are content to show up and pick up their wages and who don't give any effort - in your view?

I agree with all the positive sentiment on this thread.

There is something cleansing about new young players getting a chance

Had youth started to be introduced 2 years ago instead of 80% of the Kaunas guys Romanov would have prevented some of the flack that has been thrown his way

Lets hope Vlad treats this new wave of players with respect as human beings so that they dont get sickened of how the club is run - as has happened upstream

Guest JamboRobbo
What do you think the minimum bench-press weight should be for this person?;)

Enough to throw Vlad across the room and out the window if he so much as thinks of interfering. So, not particularly high weight required, given how small Vlad is.

Archived