Chelsea vs Liverpool

Clerry Jambo

Great call by the linesman imo, as Drogba was interfering with Reina

Also a great decision on the penalty, and Lampard showed incredible bottle to score that after his week

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Game over.

Sad day for football that Chelski are in the Champions League Final. :sad:

Cairneyhill Jambo
I think the linesman got it right to be honest. The rules state interfering with play. By standing in front of the keeper and being in an offside decision that is interfering with play.

Chelsea players were walking back though so not offside.

Sure there was a similar situation and the goal stood.

Drogba was infront of the keeper and was definitely interfering with play.

I thought it was a great decision and extremely brave ... something Scottish refs know feck all about.

Don't think that matters, if it's in the rules the linesman and referee got it right. And Drogba was the one called for the offence as he stood directly in front of Reina and had plenty of time to get out of the way or try and get himself onside a lot quicker than he did.

They were, but Drogba was standing right in front of the keeper. Whether it was deliberate or not he was undoubtedly interfering with play.

Would have liked Liverpool to have gotten through.

However, I hope Chelsea thump Man Utd in final. The underdog & all that.

On a positive, I hear that Romanov is looking at Binitez.

Wow, 3-2.

Pretty even in the 90 minutes but Chealsea deserved to win it in ET. After all their recent dissappointments in CL semis they probably deserve their turn.

Pity the final's going to be overshadowed by WWIII in Moscow.

Billy the Jambo

Liverpool should have had a penalty when Hypia was brought down. The ref is a fecking cheating *****

Liverpool should have had a penalty when Hypia was brought down. The ref is a fecking cheating *****

Stop whining. He made a meal of it after a slight touch from Drogba. The only divers on the night were Hyypia and Babel.

GIRUY Liverpool ;)

Avrim Grant kneeling on the ground at full time with the look of a zombie on his puss was one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.

Only to be topped by all the Chelsea players doing some kind of gay tribal dance running towards the crowd.

Ashley Cole was loving it. :sad:

pic_mobile_phone_forensic_analysis.jpg

Can't explain my hatred for Drogba.

What a ******ing little arsehole.

Cairneyhill Jambo
Avrim Grant kneeling on the ground at full time with the look of a zombie on his puss was one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.

Only to be topped by all the Chelsea players doing some kind of gay tribal dance running towards the crowd.

Ashley Cole was loving it. :sad:

pic_mobile_phone_forensic_analysis.jpg

Unlike the murphy's, i'm not bitter.

Blue is the colour, football is the game

We're all together and winning is our aim

So cheer us on through the sun and rain

Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

My wife supports the blues so well done to them.

portobellojambo1

As a neutral I am not sure how to describe that game other than the old cliche for the initial 90 minutes, i.e. "a game of two halves". At half time I thought Chelsea would run away with it, they were so dominant in the first half, second half they lost their way completely.

Think they deserved to win it in the end, but as a spectacle it could have made for a hectic last 10 minutes if the referee had given the penalty for the foul on Hyppia.

Be interesting to see how much both sets of fans now get ripped off in their quest to get to Moscow, seen fares quoted at between ?650 to ?1,000, I remember we looked at it for The Champions League qualifiers, as I think there was a chance we could have been heading out that way, and with flights into Poland and then a rather lengthy train journey had costed it at around ?200 return.

would have preferred to have seen liverpool win the game, but well done chelsea, get out there and pump manure cos i really dislike that shower

CornhillHearts

GIRUY all you Chelsea Haters we know who you are. The Blues are having a double party (Linfield are champions).

CornhillHearts

POJ you are honestly what one would call a boring jambo, no wonder you turned your back on the Rangers and found some solace in the Merchi Hearts with your fellow politically correct jambos-yawn.......

Unlike the murphy's, i'm not bitter.

Blue is the colour, football is the game

We're all together and winning is our aim

So cheer us on through the sun and rain

Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

My wife supports the blues so well done to them.

If you want to support a team that contains Gashley Cole then fair enough.

I'm honestly not bitter, I don't support an English team! Never got the whole 2 team thing.

However, Chelsea have a lot of players I really despise.

The Old Tolbooth

Just in from the pub after watching a Liverpool horror show!

I'll start off by saying fair play to Chelsea, on the night they really deserved to win as Liverpool (Benitez in particular) were shocking!

Chelsea more or less dominated the first half and deserved to go in at half time 1-0 up, even although the goal was offside and should never have stood :D

Second half, Chelsea lost their way a bit, but even when Liverpool scored, it really didn't look like it was coming and came as more of a shock than expected.

Anyway, I thought at the end of full time that Liverpool would go on and win it on penalties as they simply dont lose on pk's, but credit whwre it's due to Chelsea, they obviously didnt fancy pk's and made a change which swung the game in their favour (I forget who it was now as I'm 3 sheets to the wind) but it made all the difference.

Although the linesman quite rightly ruled Essiens strike as interfering with play, there was no doubting the penalty 2 minutes later, and when it went to 3-1, the baw was burst for me!

All I can say is that out of the 4 semi games, Liverpool and Chelsea were supposed to be the most boring, negative, dull sides to be left in the tourney, but they served up by far the better of footballing matches of the 4 games, which doesn't say much for manure!

May the best team win the final, especially if it's Chelsea

Come on the blues!!!!

Quite simply Chelsea desevered to win.

Rafa ****ed up and lost Liverpool any advantage they had.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

The Old Tolbooth
Quite simply Chelsea desevered to win.

Rafa ****ed up and lost Liverpool any advantage they had.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

As gutted as I am, I have to agree totally with that!

WTF was Benitez playing at taking of Torres?????

Why did he not bring on Crouch?????

The guys lost it totally, and the least we could have expected was to put Chelsea under pressure when they were creaking, as was expected!

Gotta admit that as much as I want Chelsea to win the final, I think manures experience will get them through, I seriously hope I'm wrong though!

C'mon the Mighty Blues!

About time we knocked out the Mickey Mousers. Well done to Grant, still not sure about him but he's taken us one more step than Jose. A glorious double is still on the cards. Right now though, think I'd rather have the Champions League.

Blue still is the colour.

Great result for Man Utd. I think they will destroy Chelsea.

Glad you think so I am pretty sure Man U would have preferred Liverpool. However Chelsea will be stronger and tougher than the 'pool will ever be. There is a strong deterination about Chelsea dont under estimate it.

Has anyone found out if Torres was injured or something?

Has Benitez commented on the substitution?

colinmaroon
What the hell was the deal with taking Torres off?

Has to be the oddest decision of all time.

Feeling his hamstring, apparently!!!

Or it could've been Rafa Flu!!!

Feeling his hamstring, apparently!!!

Or it could've been Rafa Flu!!!

I guessed it must have been something like that.

Lunacy if not.

Has anyone found out if Torres was injured or something?

Has Benitez commented on the substitution?

From the beeb:

And the Spaniard was keen to deflect criticism for withdrawing star striker Torres straight after Chelsea's second goal, explaining: "He had a problem with his hamstring."

The Old Tolbooth
From the beeb:

And the Spaniard was keen to deflect criticism for withdrawing star striker Torres straight after Chelsea's second goal, explaining: "He had a problem with his hamstring."

Course he had, Rafa's a ****** and he knows it, he messed up big time and needs a swift kick in the nads, right out the front door of Anfield!!

Course he had, Rafa's a ****** and he knows it, he messed up big time and needs a swift kick in the nads, right out the front door of Anfield!!

You reckon he will go?

The Liverpool fans seem to have a massive amount of faith in Rafa so I think he will stay. He has to deliver next season though or they will turn against him surely.

The really have to do well in the league or surely the 'big four' will become the 'big three'

You reckon he will go?

The Liverpool fans seem to have a massive amount of faith in Rafa so I think he will stay. He has to deliver next season though or they will turn against him surely.

The really have to do well in the league or surely the 'big four' will become the 'big three'

While I get the justification for including Liverpool in 'the big four' it's about time it became the big three and Liverpool. Liverpool, if nothing else, have been very consistent over the last 15 years in that they have rarely finished outside the top 4. But at the same time I really can't remember a proper title challenge they have had in that time barring a couple of runs up until March in the mid-nineties.

Great result for Man Utd. I think they will destroy Chelsea.

After being played off the park by them on Saturday?

Haha, Chelsea will beat United again.

Im just glad I had a tenner on 1-1 after 90 mins, 5/1, easy money

Snake Plissken
GIRUY all you Chelsea Haters we know who you are. The Blues are having a double party (Linfield are champions).

I don't have a problem with Chelsea - indeed I wanted them to win because Liverpool getting to another final would be a joke, when was the last time they actually put in a league challenge that lasted past October? At least Chelsea have challenged both this season and last season, those Scouse manks do the minimum every year and glide through to the final when teams who actually when their leagues have their squads are stretching point.

But what exactly do Linfield have to do with this thread?

boabyarsebiscuit

I am pleased this evening (oops, early morning). On many levels.

pablo/boris/nelly I have a tale to tell you, that quite simply blows your "home counties" theory out of the water.

Unlucky, plastics. Grieve on.

The Old Tolbooth
You reckon he will go?

To be honest AP, Rafa seems to know what to do in Europe (apart from tonight) but has absolutely no clue what to do in the EPL, I would prefer it if Liverpool were challenging at the biz end of the league more often than in a comp that you get away with finishing 4th in the league to qualify for.

The Old Tolbooth
I am pleased this evening (oops, early morning). On many levels.

pablo/boris/nelly I have a tale to tell you, that quite simply blows your "home counties" theory out of the water.

Unlucky, plastics. Grieve on.

Boaby, it's Chelsea fans like yourself that makes me want Chelsea to win in Moscow, you've been a Chelsea fan since long before they were any good, and you remember the bad days as well as the recent good days.

It's fans like you who deserve a tilt at glory, and I for one will be hunting out a blue scarf for the final.

I'll even ignore the plastic comment ;)

Archived