Madeleine - One Year On

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

and Gerry and Kate have still not been charged with anything............a disgrace!!!!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ray Winstone

Probably because the police cant prove they did it.

Might just be the reason.

jamboinglasgow

or could it just be cos they didn't do anything wrong except leave the kids alone in the house when they were 50m away.

Pete Seeger

Innocent until proven guilty. Fair enough they shouldn't have went for dinner and left them but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Jed The Jedi

They could have charged them with being a couple of fan**s that were more interested in bevying than looking after their kids, ***** :mad:

boabyarsebiscuit

If they'd been benefit-drawing council estate residents who'd dumped their kids and went out boozing with one of them then going missing, I wonder if they's have had their other children taken into care?

Ray Winstone

Love how some on here give the story a nice wee spin.

"Cant believe they left their kids on their own while they went and got totally bevied in a club that was miles away and then stayed out all night and blah blah blah!"

They left their kids to go for dinner in a place that was less than 2minutes away from the room!

And as for the "council estate" jibe - I think the Mathews family had done their bit to prove some people right!

MackaysCentreSpot

"Cant believe they left their kids on their own while they went and got totally bevied in a club that was miles away and then stayed out all night and blah blah blah!"

They left their kids to go for dinner in a place that was less than 2minutes away from the room!

And as for the "council estate" jibe - I think the Mathews family had done their bit to prove some people right!

I maybe wrong but I am sure the McCanns have even admitted they were more than 2mins away from the apartments.

Ray Winstone
I maybe wrong but I am sure the McCanns have even admitted they were more than 2mins away from the apartments.

Well you could see their room from the table they were sitting at.....so probably not much more than two minutes.

Aye innocent my arse

International peadophile gang show massive organisation to organise a kidnap in 1 week, pull it off avoiding any sort of detection for 12 months but knowingly leave 2 silent toddlers behind and also let one of their members try and molest a 15yr old a year later nearby

I think not

If she was genuinely kidnapped the facts dont support it

Jed The Jedi

Read the posts a couple of times and cant see where either boaby or myself mentions "totally bevied" "in a club" or "miles away"

Right to a fair trail is a good thing.

Stops Prancer from hanging people without him even knowing all the facts.

The restaurant is basically a bar at the local pool.

From the pool you could see the back windows but not the front door...

Lets play a little game here then

People post from their viewpoint i.e a suspicion or a defence and the other side banjo it.

One at a time

It could be interesting

Ill start with why did they leave the silent toddlers, but take a noisy more likely to fight older child?

MackaysCentreSpot

Well going by the picture shown by the news. The place the McCanns were eating and where the apartments were they could have never seen them.

Walter Bishop
and Gerry and Kate have still not been charged with anything............a disgrace!!!!!

What a Shocking accusation! What evidence to u have to show they had anything to do with this???

What a Shocking accusation! What evidence to u have to show they had anything to do with this???

There is no evidence to suggest they don't have anything to do with this.

Ray Winstone
Well going by the picture shown by the news. The place the McCanns were eating and where the apartments were they could have never seen them.

They had a direct line of sight with the back door to the apartment where the kids were sleeping.

Anyway - the point is they cant be charged with anything because in the eyes of the law they have not done anything wrong.

There is no evidence to suggest they don't have anything to do with this.

There's no evidence to suggest that a couple of thousand people who were within a short distance of the apartment don't have anything to do with this. Why haven't a couple of thousand people been charged?

:cool:

There's no evidence to suggest that a couple of thousand people who were within a short distance of the apartment don't have anything to do with this. Why haven't a couple of thousand people been charged?

:cool:

This couple left their child alone, guilty of disgraceful parenting at best, manslaughter/murder at worst.

Either way they are responsible for their daughters death.

IMO.

Ray Winstone
This couple left their child alone, guilty of disgraceful parenting at best, manslaughter/murder at worst.

IMO.

Should that not be "they are responsible if their daughter is found dead"

IMO.

Thats the way i see it. Been down this road already but they were terribly neglectful and should be charged for their part in whatever has happened to her. Sorry but you don't need hindsight to know not to leave your kids alone in a apartment while you go out and stuff wine down your throat.

chester copperpot
They could have charged them with being a couple of fan**s that were more interested in bevying than looking after their kids, ***** :mad:

didn't look past this post, spot on.

Anybody who thinks they've not played their part in this, regardless of whether you think they are guilty or not is mental.

They left 3 kids alone in an apartment whilst they went out for a meal (and it wasn't an isolated occassion), so they're guilty either way IMO.

It looks like poor wee Maddie will never be found, but I will never feel an ounce of sorrow for those 2 manky faced hypocrite *******s. Should have their other kids put into care.

I fecking hate the McCann's.

Aye innocent my arse

If she was genuinely kidnapped the facts dont support it

So what were the facts then?

Thats the way i see it. Been down this road already but they were terribly neglectful and should be charged for their part in whatever has happened to her. Sorry but you don't need hindsight to know not to leave your kids alone in a apartment while you go out and stuff wine down your throat.

They left there kids on their own like thousands of other parents do when on holiday. The last thing you expect is for one of them to be abducted. I bet they regret every second of every day in hindsight.

In this country how many kids are left alone. Take a drive around the estates in Edinburgh late at night and you will see young kids walking about with no adult supervision. And there will be just as many left alone watching some unsupervised television or stealing drink out of the fridge whilst their parents are ****ed up in the pub or to smacked out to care.

They left there kids on their own like thousands of other parents do when on holiday. The last thing you expect is for one of them to be abducted. I bet they regret every second of every day in hindsight.

In this country how many kids are left alone. Take a drive around the estates in Edinburgh late at night and you will see young kids walking about with no adult supervision. And there will be just as many left alone watching some unsupervised television or stealing drink out of the fridge whilst their parents are ****ed up in the pub or to smacked out to care.

Eh, You know thousands of parents who leave their kids alone while on holiday ? :confused:

What a crazy ****ing world you live in if you think that is acceptable. :(

I have no doubt they regret their actions not as much as Madeleine though. Thats the little girl who cried herself to sleep because her mother wasn't there for her. :rolleyes:

IMO.

I think the McCanns were negligent. But that wasn't what you said. You said "There is no evidence to suggest they don't have anything to do with this." That's not how the law works, in Portugal or Britain. It isn't good enough to say that "someone might or might not be guilty of something". The police have to assemble enough evidence of guilt to bring specific charges against someone. Almost a year since the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the police haven't done that.

chester copperpot

and all those kids should be in care too Deek. You're one of my mates, but if you condone this sort of behaviour, I'm afraid you're making yourself out to be a bit of a twonk.

and all those kids should be in care too Deek. You're one of my mates, but if you condone this sort of behaviour, I'm afraid you're making yourself out to be a bit of a twonk.

No they were wrong, and as I said I bet they regret every second of every day.

As for putting the kids in this country in care, our country could not cope. We do not have the facilities to house thousands of children neglected in this country. And I mean thousands.

So what were the facts then?

The facts are there hasnt been a single siting in a year

There is DNA evidence against them albeit circumstancial

The family have resisted any real attempts to answer certain questions about the suspicous aspects and clear their names

If an international peadophile ring did this why leave the other kids?

If it was a crime of opportunity why no evidence etc?

Why not use the free creche?

What about the lies to the police?

Ignoring your young childs concerns about being left?

Galavanting worldwide weeks after your kid is missing and leaving the rest behind?

The police suspcions

The "faceless" man or men

The decidedly dodginess of the whole group of them

It is my opinion she is dead and never left the apartment, if it was organised why not take all the kids and if it wasnt why was the apartment clean etc?

I also suspect the lack of sitings suggest she will never be found

I think the quickest way this would be solved is for the authorities to go on a major search of body dump sites in that area

chester copperpot
No they were wrong, and as I said I bet they regret every second of every day.

As for putting the kids in this country in care, our country could not cope. We do not have the facilities to house thousands of children neglected in this country. And I mean thousands.

Of course it would be a burden that we could not cope with, still doesn't make it right though.

I cannot stand people who do this, the McCann's might have been unlucky (though I think there's more to it) but they still created this scenario one way or another.

Jambof3tornado

Maddy will never be found because the McCanns lie has carried on for too long and become so massive that they will take the secret to their graves,rather than admit they did something wrong. As a parent I would never leave my son anywhere if I was going for a meal,thats like saying its ok to let your under 5's stay at home while you go to the next door neighbours house for a meal and a bottle or 2 of wine.

I also believe that the possible drugging of Maddy could have been proven(drugs/syringe found) had the portugese not fekked up the initial enquiry and that a child cannot disappear without several of the friends being in on it!!!

And yes had it been a couple from a council estate the rest of the kids would be in care(and you cannot compare this to the Shannon M case because there are so many different circumstances that the 2 are just not the same)

The facts are there hasnt been a single siting in a year (True)

There is DNA evidence against them albeit circumstancial (False)

The family have resisted any real attempts to answer certain questions about the suspicous aspects and clear their names. (Dont blame them, they are in a no win situation)

If an international peadophile ring did this why leave the other kids? (it wasent an international ring, 99.9% of child abductions are opportunist comminted by loners)

If it was a crime of opportunity why no evidence etc? (Portugese Police)

Why not use the free creche? (Poor judgement by the McCanns)

What about the lies to the police? (What lies, and would you trust the Portugese police?)

Ignoring your young childs concerns about being left? (Poor judgement by the McCanns)

Galavanting worldwide weeks after your kid is missing and leaving the rest behind? (After publicity, although I dont agree with a lot of it)

The police suspcions. (without evidence)

The "faceless" man or men (Who are they?)

The decidedly dodginess of the whole group of them. (In your opinion)

It is my opinion she is dead and never left the apartment, if it was organised why not take all the kids and if it wasnt why was the apartment clean etc? (How many kids can one man carry, she was probably sleeping when taken, so there would be no struggle)

I also suspect the lack of sitings suggest she will never be found (I agree, by the way it is sightings, sorry for being pedantic)

I think the quickest way this would be solved is for the authorities to go on a major search of body dump sites in that area (What do you mean, body dumps, what the hell are they?

There is little or no evidence in your submission, you have gave opinion based around little fact. I am not saying they were not involved, but I tend to believe hard facts and real best evidence first.

Awww the poor mccanns of course their innocent

Its all coincidence, bull, misfortune, poor judgement

Far too many of them for my liking, if their surname was matthews they would both be banged up waiting trial by now

As for body dumps, i.e places were they will find a kids body when its dumped in a rush in a renault megane with circumstancial dna evidence in it :)

I do think the McCann,s are guilty of neglect and thats all,i dont think they murdered Maddy,and if anything the best thing that has came out of this,is that nobody will leave their kids alone when abroad

Awww the poor mccanns of course their innocent

Its all coincidence, bull, misfortune, poor judgement

Far too many of them for my liking, if their surname was matthews they would both be banged up waiting trial by now

As for body dumps, i.e places were they will find a kids body when its dumped in a rush in a renault megane with circumstancial dna evidence in it :)

Does being called matthews add extra evidence to the case? Surely if the Police had evidence they would be able to charge someone be it a McCann or a Matthews etc etc etc

I think the McCanns have been tragically negligent in care of their children. I also agree with Boabyarsebiscuit's initial comment on this thread too.

The McCanns may be involved, they may not, I don't know but the law must decide this not hearsay or prejudice.

chester copperpot
Does being called matthews add extra evidence to the case? Surely if the Police had evidence they would be able to charge someone be it a McCann or a Matthews etc etc etc

I think the McCanns have been tragically negligent in care of their children. I also agree with Boabyarsebiscuit's initial comment on this thread too.

The McCanns may be involved, they may not, I don't know but the law must decide this not hearsay or prejudice.

That is true mate, I will give you that. But as someone who likes to be as objective as possible on here, I really dont care for either parent TBH.

As a young(ish) parent yourself, you must surely disagree with their parenting of their child, either way?

I just hate the whole situation, as it seems some wee poor lass has lost her life due to the negligence of her parents. That to me is a crime, seen as I would never ever leave either of my kids in a situation whereby they could be hurt, irrespective of whether it was innocent or not.

Edit - I know its not the issue but still a very topical one nonetheless.

Doctor FinnBarr
I do think the McCann,s are guilty of neglect and thats all,i dont think they murdered Maddy,and if anything the best thing that has came out of this,is that nobody will leave their kids alone when abroad

Nobody should leave their kids alone anywhere, not just abroad!

:mad:

That is true mate, I will give you that. But as someone who likes to be as objective as possible on here, I really dont care for either parent TBH.

As a young(ish) parent yourself, you must surely disagree with their parenting of their child, either way?

I just hate the whole situation, as it seems some wee poor lass has lost her life due to the negligence of her parents. That to me is a crime, seen as I would never ever leave either of my kids in a situation whereby they could be hurt, irrespective of whether it was innocent or not.

Edit - I know its not the issue but still a very topical one nonetheless.

Completely. I think I said as much in my second paragraph.

Whether they are physically responsible for the wee girls disappearance is a moot point though and, as a parent, quite a horrific prospect to contemplate.

MackaysCentreSpot

One thing that keeps coming up when discussing the McCann's. Someone will always say something along the lines of

They left there kids on their own like thousands of other parents do when on holiday.

Or

We have all done it.

Well I have never left any of my 4 kids alone wether at home or abroad.

I think it is called being a responsible parent.....something the McCanns can not claim to be.

chester copperpot
One thing that keeps coming up when discussing the McCann's. Someone will always say something along the lines of

Or

We have all done it.

Well I have never left any of my 4 kids alone wether at home or abroad.

I think it is called being a responsible parent.....something the McCanns can not claim to be.

And therein lies the end of the thread.

Simple, yet brilliant post sir.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Anyway - the point is they cant be charged with anything because in the eyes of the law they have not done anything wrong.

Crap, it cant be proved they done anything wrong, thats totally different from not having done anything wrong.

At the VERY least, they should be charged with neglect.

chester copperpot
Crap, it cant be proved they done anything wrong, thats totally different from not having done anything wrong.

At the VERY least, they should be charged with neglect.

totally agree. If anything, there should be some sort of screening before allowing people to have kids.

The Dr McCann's have proved this without doubt.

They should be charged with neglect.

The hotel offers a sit-in nanny service at very cheap rates.

The McCanns are both very highly paid professionals and could have easily afforded this service but decided to be tighterses.

So instead of a Nanny being in the room, they simply left their kids all on their own and went out and got peshed with their mates.

I have very little sympathy for them.

doctor jambo

As we all know the Mccanns are untouchable

They are protected from any criticism and fetted internationally, and have turned this into an industry, and have become famous through this

-which is pretty appalling in its own right

Millions have poured into the funds and been spent willy nilly on mortgages, hotels etc

The police and social services are too scared to touch them

The GMC let them work DESPITE being official suspects in child murder (which I dont understand personally- they should be suspended from the register until cleared)

They appear to be incredibly powerful people- and why?

The Mccanns- the Celtic FC of child neglectors

coppercrutch
As we all know the Mccanns are untouchable

They are protected from any criticism and fetted internationally, and have turned this into an industry, and have become famous through this

-which is pretty appalling in its own right

Millions have poured into the funds and been spent willy nilly on mortgages, hotels etc

The police and social services are too scared to touch them

The GMC let them work DESPITE being official suspects in child murder (which I dont understand personally- they should be suspended from the register until cleared)

They appear to be incredibly powerful people- and why?

The Mccanns- the Celtic FC of child neglectors

Post of the week !! Brilliant.

Anyway if they are so keen on finding her why don't they start searching Austrian basements. 5 turned up in less than a year. Got to be worth a go..

I know - poor taste but couldn't help myself :peek_by_Andrin:

Archived