Take a leaf from Derby fans

Watched Derby getting totally humped from Arsenal last night, full house no booing thier players 20,000 season tickets sold for next year in championship may'be we should take a look at ourselves, stop booing players as far as I can see they seem to be trying there best even if they are not good enough for us, I still think we should get behind the team.

:Agree:

Watched Derby getting totally humped from Arsenal last night, full house no booing thier players 20,000 season tickets sold for next year in championship may'be we should take a look at ourselves, stop booing players as far as I can see they seem to be trying there best even if they are not good enough for us, I still think we should get behind the team.

They accept they are crap, we dont.

And no, not all our players havbe tried their all this season.

Derby may be getting shafted on the park every week, but are their fans being bullsh*tted to at the level we are?

You cant compare the two situations IMO.

Derby may be getting shafted on the park every week, but are their fans being bullsh*tted to at the level we are?

You cant compare the two situations IMO.

I think the case it to some extent, disassociate the two, on the park and the clubs conversation with the fans.

I know they are linked, but supporting the team is one thing, liking the way the club is run is another.

To make comparisons between the two are wide of the mark. The revenue Derby received being in the Prem is huge and they also get the parachute payments for the next few years. As such, they will be able to challenge again next season in order to get back into the prem. Also look at the league they are going into. The level of play in the Championship is greater than our prem. They have a lot to be happy about despite the fact of relagation..... If we got relagated it would be the end of us!

Some people just don't get it! I'm getting fed up with this real fan pesh. The problem is not the fact that we are crap (I've watched crapped Hearts teams than this one) it's WHY we are crap that is sticking in everyones throat. It's been talked about many times on the forum so I'm not going to harp on, but what most people can't handle is that fact that non-football people are pulling the football strings at the club. Just give us a football team with a football manager to support.

THATS ALL WE ASK!!!!!!!!!

I get your point BUT, Derby are S*** in the best league in the World...Their players are trying and their Charmain/Owner doesn't seem to interfere in the Day to Day running of the Team!! SO, No comparison (sp?) really.

Just a wee question,does Derby have a "manager" in charge right now who is looking to strengthen his team to help them get back into the ELP.

Has this pish been leaked on to JKB by some Hearts employee in the ST office?? :rolleyes:

If people don't understand our situation by now then they never will.

The opening poster should go into the lost cause category.

Some people just don't get it! I'm getting fed up with this real fan pesh. The problem is not the fact that we are crap (I've watched crapped Hearts teams than this one) it's WHY we are crap that is sticking in everyones throat. It's been talked about many times on the forum so I'm not going to harp on, but what most people can't handle is that fact that non-football people are pulling the football strings at the club. Just give us a football team with a football manager to support.

THATS ALL WE ASK!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

As fans ( good or bad) we have no way of letting the team/owner know we are not happy, other than booing. Boycotting does more harm due to lack of revenue, so when the team are not performing we have to let off steam. Not a Vlad sheep, but I forcast a couple of poor seasons until the stand goes up. IF for any reason the stand is not built, then would be the time to boycott as the club is finnished. Until then delayed purchase of season tickets is a good way to get the message across, but booing will always be the easiest vocal message.

We will need some pretty loud booing to carry all the way to Lithuania! :confused:

Do they have a total erse for an owner? NO THEY ****ING DONT.

I am getting sick fed up of being compared to other teams' fans. THEY AREN'T MY CLUB, HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN IS!

:evilno:

Rant over.

Its this thing that the new stand will cure all our ills that gets me. Will every new seat come with a fan screwed to it to ensure that it is filled? I think that will have to be the case because by the time it is built there will be no team worth looking at and certainly no resources to bring in the right kind of players.

Its all pie in the sky and this Russian robber is only interested in his hip pocket. It looks like booing is the only comeback we have.

Its this thing that the new stand will cure all our ills that gets me. Will every new seat come with a fan screwed to it to ensure that it is filled? I think that will have to be the case because by the time it is built there will be no team worth looking at and certainly no resources to bring in the right kind of players.

Its all pie in the sky and this Russian robber is only interested in his hip pocket. It looks like booing is the only comeback we have.

The reason the stand is the problem is simple. At present the ground is full ( even when playing badly) Revenue is limited and the increase in revenue, that the new stand will bring = more money = better players, the cycle begins. Until or as I said IF the stand is built, money will be tight. Call them glory hunters/new fans or just those returning, the stand will be filled ( eventually). But as I said perviously, this will mean a poor couple of seasons. Some may not want to wait, but if the planning gives it's consent,the old stand starts to come down,then waiting is all we have. Generally a pesimistic type but if the stand goes ahead, I am willing to wait, and give VR the benefit of the doubt. This won't stop me moaning, only a proper manager and some better communication would do that.

Some of the posters on here obviously feel that booing the team or individual players is doing any good imo it is not it is only denting the confidence if there is any left of the team and players. Yes I agree there are inferior players out there. I am sure Romanov knows how the fans feel unless he has been sitting with his head up his arse for the last year, there must be other ways of bringing him to his senses I don't profess to have the answer. All I know is that I have supported Hearts since 1963 it dosen't make me any better a supporter than someone who has been following the club for a year what I would like to see is the club challenging for trophies and playing in Europe every year.

:ohmy:

I am sure Romanov knows how the fans feel unless he has been sitting with his head up his arse for the last year...

They're a Championship team in the Premiership. They know they're punching above their weight. They also accepted months ago that they would be relegated.

We're the third biggest club in the country. We should be finishing third more of ten than not. We are definitely not punching above our weight.

The comparison with Derby fans not booing in the Premiership should be us not booing in the games against Schalke, Bordeaux, Athens etc. As far as I can remember, we didn't do that.

Derby fans are also reasonably happy with the way their club is being run. We're not. We have an absent owner who is doing a poor job of running us and is too scared to come to matches. It's the only way to show our annoyance at him.

They're a Championship team in the Premiership. They know they're punching above their weight. They also accepted months ago that they would be relegated.

We're the third biggest club in the country. We should be finishing third more of ten than not. We are definitely not punching above our weight.

The comparison with Derby fans not booing in the Premiership should be us not booing in the games against Schalke, Bordeaux, Athens etc. As far as I can remember, we didn't do that.

Derby fans are also reasonably happy with the way their club is being run. We're not. We have an absent owner who is doing a poor job of running us and is too scared to come to matches. It's the only way to show our annoyance at him.

:thumb:

oh ah grantona

i would take a doing off arsenal but even derby could win spl so getting pumpeed off the crap we do is not accepted

The reason the stand is the problem is simple. At present the ground is full ( even when playing badly) Revenue is limited and the increase in revenue, that the new stand will bring = more money = better players, the cycle begins. Until or as I said IF the stand is built, money will be tight. Call them glory hunters/new fans or just those returning, the stand will be filled ( eventually). But as I said perviously, this will mean a poor couple of seasons. Some may not want to wait, but if the planning gives it's consent,the old stand starts to come down,then waiting is all we have. Generally a pesimistic type but if the stand goes ahead, I am willing to wait, and give VR the benefit of the doubt. This won't stop me moaning, only a proper manager and some better communication would do that.

If the new stand and pie in the sky office development is built it will prevent significant revenue being released to the team for a very long time.

Unless UBIG are going to charitably donate Hearts the new stand without expecting Hearts to 1) pay for the new stand and 2) cover for the empty office development of course.

Derby must be unique then as every club boo's it team/manager/whatever at some point. Good old Derby then, give them a bloody halo for being so good. And don't let it stop you from having a go at the Hearts support which has been shat on in the most disgraceful of ways by the various clowns in charge for almost 5 years now, and has watched a pile of non-tryers for the best part of 2 seasons.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of Mansfields book, and force our way into the directors suite, and attack the owner, who was previously attacked at an away game. Bad old Mansfield eh, obviously not real fans.

Now that's a suggestion I like, a good bit of positive action is what we need, imagine Romanovs face - under a blur of hearts fans fist's! I wonder if that's why he doesn't come to matches anymore! ;)

Mansfield have shown a good percentage of the Hearts support up for what it is. A bunch of psuedo middle brow intellectual bores who have very little passion for anything. Just kind of lame and a bit wet. The Stags lot have had a concerted campaign of disobedience again their dodgy owner Keith Haslam, culminating in Saturdays boardroom break in and a half time invasion of the pitch by around 300 punters. Believe me, Haslam has got the message and wants out fast now.

Contrast that with the total lack of action, the complete dumb silnce from our fans reps, and the willingness of most people to sit and let Romanov pash all over them, and attend games without the slightest hint of protest or resitsnace to his maniacal running of the club into the dirt.

Bit about the stags here from the beeb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7369618.stm

Mansfield have shown a good percentage of the Hearts support up for what it is. A bunch of psuedo middle brow intellectual bores who have very little passion for anything. Just kind of lame and a bit wet. The Stags lot have had a concerted campaign of disobedience again their dodgy owner Keith Haslam, culminating in Saturdays boardroom break in and a half time invasion of the pitch by around 300 punters. Believe me, Haslam has got the message and wants out fast now.

Contrast that with the total lack of action, the complete dumb silnce from our fans reps, and the willingness of most people to sit and let Romanov pash all over them, and attend games without the slightest hint of protest or resitsnace to his maniacal running of the club into the dirt.

Hope Sammy the Stag wasn't hurt during the pitch invasion becuase SAMMYS A JAMBO

I am sorry to inform you but Stags fans have been as inactive as we have.Yes they may have been a bit angry and a few hot heads run on the pitch but over all no different.