Any non ST holders who want to become one?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Have been thinking about this for a while, and this has been the main reason for me renewing before the deadline.

The fear of losing my seat is greater than my desire not to hand over my cash.

So I've decided that I will renew this year, but not before the deadline, I am going to walk up a few days before the season kicks off, and get one there. Speaking to others around me in Section E, its clear that even not getting my own seat next season, I will get one damn close to where I currently sit.

Anyway, my question is, is there any guys out there who are looking to get a ST, not having one already.

Have been thinking about this for a while, and this has been the main reason for me renewing before the deadline.

So I've decided that I will renew this year, but not before the deadline, I am going to walk up a few days before the season kicks off, and get one there. Speaking to others around me in Section E, its clear that even not getting my own seat next season, I will get one damn close to where I currently sit.

Anyway, my question is, is there any guys out there who are looking to get a ST, not having one already.

Is this post jumbled up with some sort of message in it?:confused:

If your renewing...then renew at the discount and keep your own seat,only makes sense does it not!

Hopefully be back in Edinburgh for the new season.Would like to have a ST,but still not made my mind up. I have always said i will give Vlad to the end of the season before i make my mind about ST and HMFC:eek:

chester copperpot
Is this post jumbled up with some sort of message in it?:confused:

If your renewing...then renew at the discount and keep your own seat,only makes sense does it not!

No message, just wanted to give the non ST holders a say in whether any would be getting one?

No message, just wanted to give the non ST holders a say in whether any would be getting one?

No probs...but what about the erm..."waiting list"?:)

Maybe it's just me but it seems buying a ST now (before the deadline) makes you a Vladsheep in many people's eyes?

What about the guys like me that just want to buy a ST, support the team, take the kids along and go for a couple of pints after the game.

I totally understand the point of not getting one now or at even at all as a form of protest but it seems that the people buying one before the deadline are being 'singled' out for the heinous crime of supporting HMFC.

Maybe it's just me but it seems buying a ST now (before the deadline) makes you a Vladsheep in many people's eyes?

What about the guys like me that just want to buy a ST, support the team, take the kids along and go for a couple of pints after the game.

I totally understand the point of not getting one now or at even at all as a form of protest but it seems that the people buying one before the deadline are being 'singled' out for the heinous crime of supporting HMFC.

I see more like supporting Vlad. HMFC are getting nothing out of the money!

chester copperpot

That was not my intention when I started this thread mate, please dont think that it was.

It was more a judgement thing for me to gauge if there was any non ST holders that were wanting a ticket.

It was quite a selfish thing that I posted earlier, as I didn't really want to lose my seat, but also dont want to stump up cash until as late as possible.

Selkirk_Jambo

I gave up my season ticket due to work commitments the season before Burley arrived. Had to work every second saturday so no real point in having a ticket, just got up on my off days.

Left that place now, so will be getting a season ticket this year.

chester copperpot
I gave up my season ticket due to work commitments the season before Burley arrived. Had to work every second saturday so no real point in having a ticket, just got up on my off days.

Left that place now, so will be getting a season ticket this year.

Please dont choose Section E ;)

yvonnejambo

Exactly. I will be renewing in next couple of days before the deadline to save some cash. I will always renew my ST when I can afford it and know my work is flexible enough that I can get to most games. This will the situation this year as the last few. Im not a vlad sheep Im a Heart of Midlotihian fan.

No Nonsense

My Sat work commitments have dwindled and I will be purchasing one as soon as we have some news on the management front...

That was not my intention when I started this thread mate, please dont think that it was.

It was more a judgement thing for me to gauge if there was any non ST holders that were wanting a ticket.

It was quite a selfish thing that I posted earlier, as I didn't really want to lose my seat, but also dont want to stump up cash until as late as possible.

It never crossed my mind.

It just got me thinking about how divided people are becomming these days.

Guest JamboRobbo
It never crossed my mind.

It just got me thinking about how divided people are becomming these days.

Agreed mate. It's a sad day that Hearts fans are so divided due to the actions of our owners. Same old same old I guess. :food-smiley-004:

I'm not that cheap that i can be bought off with a saving of ?30 as an enticement to renew early.

Although i can understand why people will renew before the cheap cut-off date, especially those that are paying for more than one.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm not that cheap that i can be bought off with a saving of ?30 as an enticement to renew early.

Although i can unmderstand why people will renew before the cheap cut-off date, especially those that are paying more than one.

thats my take. If it costs me ?30 extra, or even more by buying one off tickets for games, so be it.

Not intended as a dig at others, especially if people financially can't afford to hold off, or are buying more than one. But for me, 30 quid extra is a small price to pay to hopefully apply some pressure on the mad one.

Sorry but that is utter rubbish. So by rights you are saying that if you buy a ST your support Vlad and his ways?

I support HMFC through good and bad.

I don't support the chairman, Ukio Bankas, UBIG, the CEO etc... they like many before them will come and go.

Sorry but that is utter rubbish. So by rights you are saying that if you buy a ST your support Vlad and his ways?

I support HMFC through good and bad.

I don't support the chairman, Ukio Bankas, UBIG, the CEO etc... they like many before them will come and go.

Where will the money go? you are supporting Vlads finacial goals for his own agenda not HMFC's wellfare.

Buying AFTER the deadline makes you a Vlad Sheep, you're giving him more money.

Due to circumstances i've never actually had one, and it was always my intention to get one as soon as i finished uni, at the moment i'm really not sure though. Even though i'll be going full time as soon as i finish, its still a lot of money for me, and i really don't know if its worth it.

Where will the money go? you are supporting Vlads finacial goals for his own agenda not HMFC's wellfare.[/QUOTE]

You win.

:confused:

Frodo Jambo

I don't have a season ticket. I used to have some years back, but then circumstances - and priorities - changed. I've gone to odd games here and there in the meantime. Now, however, circumstances are again different. Having a season ticket is a real option for me in terms of finance, though maybe not so much time. That probably makes me one of the people that Hearts should be targeting. I'm not saying that they should beg me to buy a ticket, merely that I probably meet the profile of someone who could potentially take one up. Under the current set up, there is nop way I would consider buying a season ticket. Even if a proper manager is appointed pre 08/09 season, and even if that manager is someone who would make me think that things are changing for the better, I'd want to see at least a season of promises being delivered upon. I realise that this probably means I am not committed, not a die-heard, etc., but there are other things competing for my cash (and time) and my current evaluation is that they are more deserving of both than Romanov's version of a SPL team.

Disagree with that entirely.

If you get a season ticket in my opinion you are supporting Hearts. If you don't get a season ticket but still go to games you are supporting Hearts.

I can't believe it has come to the point where some people think that by getting a season ticket you are supporting Romanov and not Hearts.

chester copperpot
Disagree with that entirely.

If you get a season ticket in my opinion you are supporting Hearts. If you don't get a season ticket but still go to games you are supporting Hearts.

I can't believe it has come to the point where some people think that by getting a season ticket you are supporting Romanov and not Hearts.

It is a sad day Sked you're right, but the reason I'm holding back is to give him the least amount of time with my cash before the season kicks off. If it was any normal season, I'd have been first in line to renew.

It is a sad day Sked you're right, but the reason I'm holding back is to give him the least amount of time with my cash before the season kicks off. If it was any normal season, I'd have been first in line to renew.

Yeah that is fair enough and I can't blame you at all. But as you said you will renew or at least go to games.

But it is the fact people are saying that you are supporting Romanov by renewing. Some folk need to understand that some are renewing because that it is what they do. And by doing so they feel they are supporting Hearts.

Although I don't agree with a lot of what he posts people tell JR79 that he thinks that Romanov is Hearts. And that he needs to see the difference.

Some of those are the ones that say do not renew because you would be supporting Romanov. In my opinion they are contradicting themselves.

It is not a Romanov season ticket. It is a Heart of Midlothian Football Club season ticket.

Snake Plissken

Had a season ticket in 2003/04, 2004/05 and 2005/06.

Economic and geographical reasons meant I couldn't renew in 2006/07 (moved to Clackmananshire and only worked part-time) I made 5 games that season.

This season I've moved again and was out of work for 4 months, now I work alternate Saturdays- I have only been to 2 games this season and don't think I'll make any others.

Its unlikely I will get a season ticket this year for the reason I will be working every second Saturday. I will probably make 8-10 games next season - if I lived closer and didn't work Saturdays I'd probably have a season ticket.

Nothing to do with Vlad or other concerns, I'd have a season ticket if it was practical but it is not so I don't.

The Old Tolbooth
No probs...but what about the erm..."waiting list"?:)

Lol! Oh aye, the imaginary waiting list that we are told has 73,000 fans on it waiting in the wings ready to snap up our seats if we don't renew, according to the mad Russian in charge! :confused:

buca junior

Will be renewing in the next couple of days as I graduate in the summer and don't fancy the rise in price.

Currently living in London it's not possible for me to have a season ticket, however there's a possibility I might be back in Edinburgh for next year.

If that is the case I will almost definitely be trying to get a season ticket.

I don't necessarily agree with the way the club is being run, but this will potentially be my only chance to be there week in week out for the next 5 years.

Whether it means giving Vlad my money or not, I support Heart of Midlothian so I'll be there if I can.

buca junior

While I understand and can reason with your point, isn't this point fundamentally flawed.

Lets consider that estimated 10000 season ticket holders all intend to renew but are wanting to display their frustration at the current regime. By waiting until the last minute to buy you are all willing to pay an increased price. Therefore in the long run your actions result in more money for Vlad..................................... so maybe we will see those World Cup Stars after all;)

gorgie rd eh11
There will be 6-7 seats together in section B row 6 up for grabs,ha,none off us are renewing.

Is it 6 or 7 seats? If none of you are renewing you surely know the exact number.

I never got a season ticket this season because, TBH, I'd had enough, I new this wee ^^^^ was Full of S*** and refused to part with Hard earned cash! Been to 2 games only this season, We beat Rankgers 4-2 and we also Beat Falkirk 4-2, I'm going to the last game against Killie, basically Just to meet up with the mates and go for a few beers before and after the game...NO Intention of getting a ST this season either...

Spending Sat Afternoon in the pub with my mates and Geoff Stelling is a Great way to spend a Saturday!! ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
While I understand and can reason with your point, isn't this point fundamentally flawed.

Lets consider that estimated 10000 season ticket holders all intend to renew but are wanting to display their frustration at the current regime. By waiting until the last minute to buy you are all willing to pay an increased price. Therefore in the long run your actions result in more money for Vlad..................................... so maybe we will see those World Cup Stars after all;)

Which means we're the greatest ;)

We put a wee bit pressure on for Vlad to change his ways as he sees ST sales drastically down, AND we give more money to the club in the end anyway. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Miller Jambo 60
Lol! Oh aye, the imaginary waiting list that we are told has 73,000 fans on it waiting in the wings ready to snap up our seats if we don't renew, according to the mad Russian in charge! :confused:

I thought it was more.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

tosheeturtle
Due to circumstances i've never actually had one, and it was always my intention to get one as soon as i finished uni, at the moment i'm really not sure though. Even though i'll be going full time as soon as i finish, its still a lot of money for me, and i really don't know if its worth it.

You do know that cause your a student you get a concession ticket....mines ?105 so thats like the cost of three nights out (for me anyway...light weight)!!

You do know that cause your a student you get a concession ticket....mines ?105 so thats like the cost of three nights out (for me anyway...light weight)!!

how long does that apply for though? because i wont be in a student as of May. My student card does say it lasts til August 2008 though...

tosheeturtle
how long does that apply for though? because i wont be in a student as of May. My student card does say it lasts til August 2008 though...

you only have to show your card when you go to pay/pick up your season ticket....so i would think you would be ok if you got it before your card ran out!!

Nucky Thompson

My nephew and his mate have never had ST's before and are getting them for next season.

JamboJimmyB

I do not understand why there is so much onus placed on buying a season ticket. Apart from sitting in the same seat, the reality is that the ground will be 60 - 70% full next season.

If you choose not to renew (like myself) you will have the pick of the seats for any match. You will also have the option to save your cash should the season run with Frail in charge and a team full of Lithuanians and 19 year old kids throw in at the deep end.

You will also have the satisfaction of sending a clear message to Romanov that you will not accept his lies and humiliation of our club.

Romanov will also have to stomach the humiliation of giving the old firm the full Roseburn stand again.

I do not understand why there is so much onus placed on buying a season ticket. Apart from sitting in the same seat, the reality is that the ground will be 60 - 70% full next season.

If you choose not to renew (like myself) you will have the pick of the seats for any match. You will also have the option to save your cash should the season run with Frail in charge and a team full of Lithuanians and 19 year old kids throw in at the deep end.

You will also have the satisfaction of sending a clear message to Romanov that you will not accept his lies and humiliation of our club.

Romanov will also have to stomach the humiliation of giving the old firm the full Roseburn stand again.

You will also have a ?3 admin charge for every game.

Nucky Thompson

I would laugh my ****** off if we had a cracking season and reached a Cup final:) It would be so funny as a season ticket holder, getting a ticket for a final for my wife(who hasn't been to a game since the last final) before someone who wants to walk up.

Guest JamboRobbo
I would laugh my ****** off if we had a cracking season and reached a Cup final:) It would be so funny as a season ticket holder, getting a ticket for a final for my wife(who hasn't been to a game since the last final) before someone who wants to walk up.

Most Jambos will just be glad we had a good season. You'll use it to laugh at others. Nice.

Classy. Like most Jambos I'd be delighted we'd had a good year, not getting my jollies taking the **** out of my fellow fans.

Nelly Terraces

Yeah, it'll be hard to get a ticket for a final right enough, wi about 10,000 season ticket holders, even if they got 2 tickets each there'd prob still be enough left over for a small public sale. Bet the geezer knows a season ticket holder anyway, so no sweats there then.

By the way, yer wife sounds like a right part timer/'not a real fan'(tm jkb zealots). Or does she not have a season ticket in protest at the Romanov regime?:rolleyes:

Keep laugin yer ****** off mate, though I'm guessin that a small chuckle could do the job there.

thats my take. If it costs me ?30 extra, or even more by buying one off tickets for games, so be it.

Not intended as a dig at others, especially if people financially can't afford to hold off, or are buying more than one. But for me, 30 quid extra is a small price to pay to hopefully apply some pressure on the mad one.

I am also holding off until we appoint a manager

Oh ,how *****,listen never ever have I or anyone I know not got a ticket for a game they wanted to go to.

If and it's a big if,Hearts reach a cup final next season I would get a ticket if I wanted one and so would all my mates.

I and all my mates who wanted to go to the Scotland v Italy game all got tickets and no one had a ticket on their own.

So don't give us this"yur fuds"crap,we all know who that is.

There will be 6-7 seats together in section B row 6 up for grabs,ha,none off us are renewing.

Because last season 2 of my mates didn't renew,those two seats I think were taken by a couple of other guys that I don't know,they trurned up a few times and other times were either vacant or a stranger was in them,plus there are seats 2 along from where I sit were PAYG seats, different people at different games or not filled at all.

There does that explain it.

In fact come to think about it there could be upto 9 seats altogther in one row.

Bet theres a right fight from the 7000 on the waiting list for those.

you only have to show your card when you go to pay/pick up your season ticket....so i would think you would be ok if you got it before your card ran out!!

My student card ran out in September 2007 so I assumed that would cover me for the 2007/08 season. But it didn't and I had to pay full price when I picked it up at the ticket office.

Archived