Marchin through gorgie.

Stevenauskas

Doctor FinnBarr
Well it's not a competition...It's for court!!!!!!

The chorus is as follows, I think thats the bit you,ll be interested in!

Hurrah, hurrah we are the Gorgie boys

Hurrah, hurrah you,ll know us by our noise

On Saturdays you,ll hear us from Tynecastle to Dalry

When we go marching thro Gorgie.

:rolleyes:

Stevenauskas

I was one of the unlucky ones that got arrested at the last game at parkhead.Been hrough to court twice already and have to go back at a later date!!!!!

I was one of the unlucky ones that got arrested at the last game at parkhead.Been hrough to court twice already and have to go back at a later date!!!!!

Justice for Stevenauskas!!!

Stevenauskas

Thanks President of the JUSTICE FOR STEVENAUSKAS foundation!!!!

1-0 to me though,I'm allowed back into tynecastle for the time being until my re-trial!!!!!

Nucky Thompson
I know how you feel mate:rolleyes: I've not been to a Hearts v Celtic game at Parkhead since 1993 when I got Arrested there for the 4th time:cool:

Stevenauskas

Honestly mate i've never been treated anything like this in my entire life.Got arrested at five to 3 just before kick off.I was just about to enter the stadium when i burst out into a song which the hearts fans were singing inside the staium already.Two police officers came up to me and handcuffed me,was put in a cell inside the stadium till half time and spent the whole weekend in london road police station.I never even had a chance to tell them what i as singing as the police were a far bit away from me.Went to court on the monday morning and never got back to edinburgh until about 11pm.i've already been to court twice and got another date to go back to to find out my fate??Basically the police have written down a statement that is totally false.when i read the statement that was given to me by my lawyer i was shocked.I've never been in trouble before and in no certain terms would i call myself sectarian.i'll probably end up getting banned from tynecastle or other stadiums all because the police have made up a story!!!!!!

I know how you feel mate:rolleyes: I've not been to a Hearts v Celtic game at Parkhead since 1993 when I got Arrested there for the 4th time:cool:

You liar! You were at the 0-0 game there in 1998 with me, although we never had tickets. Remember the wee incident in the London Rd Tavern;);)

Honestly mate i've never been treated anything like this in my entire life.Got arrested at five to 3 just before kick off.I was just about to enter the stadium when i burst out into a song which the hearts fans were singing inside the staium already.Two police officers came up to me and handcuffed me,was put in a cell inside the stadium till half time and spent the whole weekend in london road police station.I never even had a chance to tell them what i as singing as the police were a far bit away from me.Went to court on the monday morning and never got back to edinburgh until about 11pm.i've already been to court twice and got another date to go back to to find out my fate??Basically the police have written down a statement that is totally false.when i read the statement that was given to me by my lawyer i was shocked.I've never been in trouble before and in no certain terms would i call myself sectarian.i'll probably end up getting banned from tynecastle or other stadiums all because the police have made up a story!!!!!!

Weedgie *****!

Nucky Thompson
You liar! You were at the 0-0 game there in 1998 with me, although we never had tickets. Remember the wee incident in the London Rd Tavern;);)
Ah so I was:) On the Luckies bus, but it doesn't count because I never set foot in the place;)

What happened to the link?

Can someone PM me with it please as it had a few songs I had long forgotten.

And no I do not associate myself with the site's politics it juat had a few belters from the past.

Cheers

Good luck mate keep us posted how you got on

What happened to the link?

Can someone PM me with it please as it had a few songs I had long forgotten.

And no I do not associate myself with the site's politics it juat had a few belters from the past.

Cheers

That reminds me....bring my 20 Jambo Classics back on Monday...we'll give it a blast in the car on the way to Falkirk.....

...altogether now..."The Gorgie Road, The Gorgie Road, The Hearts beat in the Gorgie Road......"

I'm confused..... if you claim you were singing "Marchin Through Gorgie" as opposed to "hullo hullo" - then surely you'll already know the words, or am I missing something?!?! :-s

Drylaw Hearts
I'm confused..... if you claim you were singing "Marchin Through Gorgie" as opposed to "hullo hullo" - then surely you'll already know the words, or am I missing something?!?! :-s

:)

That reminds me....bring my 20 Jambo Classics back on Monday...we'll give it a blast in the car on the way to Falkirk.....

...altogether now..."The Gorgie Road, The Gorgie Road, The Hearts beat in the Gorgie Road......"

No chance.

It's 10 years of the 'Ministry of Sounds' for me....

even if he did sing hello hello, a quiet word in his lug would have done. the punishment of a weekend in a cell is way excessive especially when there are hundreds more singing it that could have been arrested also. i think we covered it at the time but if stevenauskas is telling the truth and he did little more than sing a song whatever words he used the police are way out of line. hello hello is not even that bad when you hear the bile that is sung by both sides of the OF. i have been to parkhead twice and will never return unless it was a league decider or similiar because the police there arrest you for breathing and i have also seen it at Ibrox in particular the day we lost 2-0 and celebrated champions league. the problem being that strathclyde use rangers fans to police ibrox and vice versa. i think it would make more sense to do it the other way round. some of the individuals bearing the badge through there are no better than the animals in the home end. i hope you get off with it mate

even if he did sing hello hello, a quiet word in his lug would have done. the punishment of a weekend in a cell is way excessive especially when there are hundreds more singing it that could have been arrested also. i think we covered it at the time but if stevenauskas is telling the truth and he did little more than sing a song whatever words he used the police are way out of line. hello hello is not even that bad when you hear the bile that is sung by both sides of the OF. i have been to parkhead twice and will never return unless it was a league decider or similiar because the police there arrest you for breathing and i have also seen it at Ibrox in particular the day we lost 2-0 and celebrated champions league. the problem being that strathclyde use rangers fans to police ibrox and vice versa. i think it would make more sense to do it the other way round. some of the individuals bearing the badge through there are no better than the animals in the home end. i hope you get off with it mate

Here, here.

Stevenauskas

Mate i need the lyrics so i can print them off for my lawyer.i am innocent,i thought when the police came over to me that they were going to give me a warning and let me into the stadium but no the rushed in and cufed me:badmood:i spent 2 and a bit days in a cell for something i've not done!!!!

Think you are mate, if you have never been in trouble with the law before then you'll not know that you'll do anything to get a not guilty.

It seems to me that you have already done your punishment Steven', the OB,the PF and your lawyer will probably come to an agreemnet RE the issue.

However, regardless if you were singing the 1974 version or the Gorgie Billy Boys version you have done your homework and done the right thing by getting your lawyer to put forward the "official" version.

Good luck mate, ACAB when it comes to football related.

Adi Dassler

Good luck mate.

Most of us have been through similar through there.

It's disgusting what they get away with and if it were any group of people other than football fans they wouldnae get away with it.

IMO it's only a matter of time before folk start fighting back. Less and less folk are travelling to Parkhead now and pretty soon it'll be the hardcore and nutters who'll collectively think one time, **** it, in for a penny in for a pound.

If you spent 2 1/2 days in the cells for singing a song it's bloody ridiculous. A simple breach (even if there was a sectaraian element) does not justify that length of detention. I simply don't believe it! On the positive side, if the case was sound they would not have had you back at court twice and you would have been sentenced earlier.

However, the police at Parkhead have been at it for years and there is plenty of evidence to support this. David McLetchie and George Foulkes wrote to the Chief Constable to seek an explanation for the heavy handed policing at the last match and so I suggest that you get your lawyer to contact them to find out how they got on. The last time David McLetchie intervened (after the heavy handed policing in 2005) 14 of the 15 cases against Hearts fans crumbled and the police were forced to apologise to some for the treatment they received at London Road - the excuse they gave for holding fans for 8 + hours was that their computers were faulty. Bloody liars!

Sniffer

Nucky Thompson
If you spent 2 1/2 days in the cells for singing a song it's bloody ridiculous. A simple breach (even if there was a sectaraian element) does not justify that length of detention. I simply don't believe it! On the positive side, if the case was sound they would not have had you back at court twice and you would have been sentenced earlier.

However, the police at Parkhead have been at it for years and there is plenty of evidence to support this. David McLetchie and George Foulkes wrote to the Chief Constable to seek an explanation for the heavy handed policing at the last match and so I suggest that you get your lawyer to contact them to find out how they got on. The last time David McLetchie intervened (after the heavy handed policing in 2005) 14 of the 15 cases against Hearts fans crumbled and the police were forced to apologise to some for the treatment they received at London Road - the excuse they gave for holding fans for 8 + hours was that their computers were faulty. Bloody liars!

Sniffer

Good shout mate.

For the benefit of other JKB members I would happily be a chracter witness for Stevenauskas (because I'm never convinced of the "innocence" of some on here).

Having met, played and trained with the guy at the JKB charity team I would say he is a quiet lad who would sensibly distance himself from any trouble and this does not sound like him at all.

Stick it right up 'em Stevie and don't leave it there.

For the benefit of other JKB members I would happily be a chracter witness for Stevenauskas (because I'm never convinced of the "innocence" of some on here).

Having met, played and trained with the guy at the JKB charity team I would say he is a quiet lad who would sensibly distance himself from any trouble and this does not sound like him at all.

Stick it right up 'em Stevie and don't leave it there.

You clearly have never been pished with him then :laugh: .

Only kidding, that's a very fair assessment of a top guy.

Archived