Well done McGlynn

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brisbane_Jambo

I think the players deserve the majority of the credit for a recent upturn in results. With all that has been going on at the club they work themselves into the ground every single match, when they would be within their rights to not give a damn. Maybe that show of loyalty to the club has been helped by McGlynn deferring his wages and showing passion for the club though.

Tactically however, he is still looking pretty amateur.

Tactically however, he is still looking pretty amateur.

Even with his tactical amateurism (plus his inferior squad) his league performance still manages to stack up against the most recent three managers we've had.

Csaba (Manager of the Year and 3rd place) played 19, points 31

Jim (Scottish Cup winning legend and 3rd place) played 19, points 25

Paolo (tactical genius and Scottish Cup winner) played 19, points 28

John (plumber, worst manager in history) played 19, points 25

Just saying likes.

Brisbane_Jambo

Even with his tactical amateurism (plus his inferior squad) his league performance still manages to stack up against the most recent three managers we've had.

Just saying likes.

Have you seen the quality of the rest of the SPL? It is at an all time low. All of the above are light years ahead of McGlynn, in my opinion of course. But I will take a scrappy win over a classy showing and getting beat anyday.

Have you seen the quality of the rest of the SPL? It is at an all time low. All of the above are light years ahead of McGlynn, in my opinion of course. But I will take a scrappy win over a classy showing and getting beat anyday.

It is all about opinions.

I dont think he's the wiorst ever, but he's a middle of the road manager, working with a pretty average squad and achieving mediocre results.

Pound for pound, he's probably more efficient (points per pound spent on wages) than any manager since Levein.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Pleased to see that some people on here still have their eyes open.

McGlynn is ******* pish and is an embarrassment to our club. The folk who are now saying well done McGlynn will be back on here calling for him to be sacked when we lose a couple more games. Fickle.

:verysmug:

Well done whoever made him change formation and tactics. Still not sure why Novi isn't getting a game, must have slipped Vlad's niece a length.

When Novi came on, he showed why he is not getting a regular start.

As I stated on here ages ago he will turn us around and has proven this already.

We are in the Semi Final of a cup and 3 points off the hobos so a top six and Europe is a strong possibility. The main problem was that many folk on here over estimated the players we have as the strongest squad outside Celtic. Now that they realise that this is indeed rubbish and John McGlynn is doing his best with what he has we can all move along together.

Good times are coming I feel. Vlad will go soon enough and John McGlynn will win the League cup for us.

Jambo Forever

I'm still trying to work out if people are on the wind up about him being sacked.

If he was to go, seriously who within our budget will do any better? Robbo because he's a legend?

Nobody with any credibility will touch that job. We seem to think we are a massive club, were not, we are teetering on the brink and McGlynn is doing a decent job at this moment.

It is all about opinions.

I dont think he's the wiorst ever, but he's a middle of the road manager, working with a pretty average squad and achieving mediocre results.

Pound for pound, he's probably more efficient (points per pound spent on wages) than any manager since Levein.

JM deserves no credit. He is only getting results now because of the pressure from fans and the media to change what he was doing and to start paying our two recognised strikers. If this was his own idea he Gould get credit, but it wasn't . Lost the little sympathy I had for him when he slagged Sutton off in the press.

If we don't pulverise the shite, I want him gone before the board goes up for injury time.

Nothing else will do.

An amoeba could mastermind a win against the filth. No doubt his cheerleaders will have him pegged as some sort of demi god when we beat them.

There seem to be fans hurting that we are winning games.

If Smith (who I thought generally played pretty well) had 1. better instinctive striking instincts in the box, and 2. a better final ball in and around the box we'd have had another 2 maybe 3 goals.

We won, we could have won by more, a decent enough United team only had the best of the game for only 1/4 of it.

I understand the Novikovas comments but I think Driver is playing a more important team role - he is certainly helping McHattie out in my opinion more than Novi would

Good day at the office.

At lot of agendas at play on this thread. But props to the OP who has shown a healthy mature stance having been very critical of McGlynn in the past.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

At lot of agendas at play on this thread. But props to the OP who is swaying in the wind and will be back on here calling for McGlynn's head when it all goes wrong again, pretending that he always wanted to go.

I think that's what you meant.

There's a group of on-the-money posters on here who know that McGlynn needs to go. We'll be vindicated soon enough.

Not his biggest fan but it has to be said, he's done brilliantly to turn it around when it looked like we were in free fall.

His subs today were very good as well which is something he often gets wrong.

Beat Hibs and get into the final and you will go a long way to winning the support over.

Starting to like the guy now that results and performances are better

Francis Albert

Just saying likes.

Paulo had 25 points after 19, the same as McGlynn.

But of of couse facts won't sway anyone.

Zal used to cost us a goal a game you know. .

I think that's what you meant.

There's a group of on-the-money posters on here who know that McGlynn needs to go. We'll be vindicated soon enough.

Well, apart from suggesting there is some sort of collection of superior guru type posters on JKB, I kind of agree. I'd prefer a different manager, but in our circumstances it appears we are stuck with him.

So what's the point in not ever giving him any credit whilst he is still here? That to me would suggest this uber group of gurus are actually just blinkered and are working to their own personal agendas, rather than astute footballing experts giving us the benefit of their intellect and wisdom

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Well, apart from suggesting there is some sort of collection of superior guru type posters on JKB, I kind of agree. I'd prefer a different manager, but in our circumstances it appears we are stuck with him.

So what's the point in not ever giving him any credit whilst he is still here? That to me would suggest this uber group of gurus are actually just blinkered and are working to their own personal agendas, rather than astute footballing experts giving us the benefit of their intellect and wisdom

Hopefully you can learn something from us. That way, something good will come out of McGlynn's appointment.

jack D and coke

As much as that's true McGlynn should know the club and the game inside out here whereas Paulo was coming in blind and trying to suss his squad out. McGlynn wouldn't get a job changing a kazi in Portugal never mind a managers job. Paulo also spoke better English.

He's done alright recently, nobody can argue with 7 points from 9 games. But I think it took him too long to change tactics, etc for me to be too supportive yet. He needs to keep this up for longer to convince me he's the right man to take us forward.

What is it with you as Paulo? JM poor performance has nothing to with PS.

Are you really saying you think that JM is of a similar standard to Paulo!

PS did a great job for us, qualifying for Europe through our league position and winning the SC.

I am sure PS would have done even better if he had the luxury of a preseason with the players.

Francis Albert

What is it with you as Paulo? JM poor performance has nothing to with PS.

Are you really saying you think that JM is of a similar standard to Paulo!

PS did a great job for us, qualifying for Europe through our league position and winning the SC.

I am sure PS would have done even better if he had the luxury of a preseason with the players.

I am just pointing out the fact is that McGlynn's record so far is comparable to that of Paulo. The lack of the pre-season seems to me more than balanced by the fact Paulo had a stronger squad and did not have to blood a lot of youngsters.

I think Paulo is the better manager (with his assistants probably a better manager than we can or could afford) but so far McGlynn is doing about as well as Paulo did, making the endless "McGlynn worst ever/must go" stuff a bit silly. IMO.

JM deserves no credit. He is only getting results now because of the pressure from fans and the media to change what he was doing and to start paying our two recognised strikers. If this was his own idea he Gould get credit, but it wasn't . Lost the little sympathy I had for him when he slagged Sutton off in the press.

Deserves no credit?

There's a hell of a lot more to making a football team successful than just the formation. Even if he did 'listen to the fans" in terms of 4-4-2 he has still been strong-willed enough to stick to his guns with the rest of the team:

-the majority of fans were raging at Stevenson and demanding he be left out but JM chose to stick with him and has been rewarded with good performances and goals

-the majority of fans have been anti-Driver but he went against that and has played Driver ahead of Novi and Walker and it has helped us secure 7 points from 9.

-can't recall much if any interest from fans in promoting Dylan McGowan to a CM role but he has been excellent in there and added much needed steel.

-there were many calls for McHattie to be dropped and for Gowser to go to LB with Barr at RB but McGlynn has shown faith in him and he improves with each game, to the point of being named MOTM by one of the match sponsors

-McGlynn changed to a 4-3-3 late on yesterday as he could see we needed more numbers in the middle of the park.

If you are so narrow-minded (or anti-JM) that you can't see that there is so much more to winning a football match than just changing the formation then you are blinded by your seethe. Tactics, positioning, motivation, substitutions all play just as important a part.

By all means criticise him when we're losing but when we've just won 7 points out of 9 at least have the backbone to give credit where it's due. (Like the OP and a number of other posters on this thread have)

Francis Albert

As much as that's true McGlynn should know the club and the game inside out here whereas Paulo was coming in blind and trying to suss his squad out. McGlynn wouldn't get a job changing a kazi in Portugal never mind a managers job. Paulo also spoke better English.

And of course Paulo had a stronger squad to suss out.

He's done alright recently, nobody can argue with 7 points from 9 games. But I think it took him too long to change tactics, etc for me to be too supportive yet. He needs to keep this up for longer to convince me he's the right man to take us forward.

He's changed the system after poor results quicker than any other manager in the last 5 years!

Deserves no credit?

-there were many calls for McHattie to be dropped and for Gowser to go to LB with Barr at RB but McGlynn has shown faith in him and he improves with each game, to the point of being named MOTM by one of the match sponsors

Not ignoring the importance that Barr now has in our midfield. So you'd be weakening the team in two areas - but McGlynn didnt "listen to the fans" on that.

This "deserves no credit because all he has done is listen to the fans" pesh is exactly that. Pesh.

I can guarantee you that McGlynn has not listened to the slavering pish on here over the last 6 weeks and changed the way he sets his team out as a consequence

He's changed the system after poor results quicker than any other manager in the last 5 years!

Not really sure I follow you here tbh.

4 months of abject performances (including 2 horrible performances/results against Hibs) can't be erased because he bowed to pressure and played Smith and Sutton after publicly saying that they weren't better than Paterson.

Like I said, he's doing well but I think he needs to keep this up before he convinces everyone, myself included.

4 months of abject performances (including 2 horrible performances/results against Hibs) can't be erased because he bowed to pressure and played Smith and Sutton after publicly saying that they weren't better than Paterson.

Like I said, he's doing well but I think he needs to keep this up before he convinces everyone, myself included.

I agree with this.

He persisted with his own stupid ideas for way too long before bowing to pressure from practically every Hearts fan as well as the media and it's paid off.

Remember Gowser, the attacking midfielder? Paterson up front on his own? Smith and Sutton on the bench?

McGlynn has shown himself to be mostly clueless and most likely out of his depth and it seems like only mounting pressure from those around him have saved us from really struggling at the foot of the table.

He was in trouble. Couldn't get a win for anything..he bows to fan pressure and changes formation to 4-4-2. We start winning.

Why thank him? He gets a reprieve while we are winning...hope he doesn't screw it up, if so, then he might get a 'well done'.

Jury is still out.

JM was doing poorly until he played the players he said weren't good enough. That alone says to me he isn't up to the job but results are improving so he deserves more time.

Francis Albert

And of course it was Paulo who got a job fixing a Cluj in Rumania.

He still doesn't inspire anyone with confidence when he's on the touchline.

Rabbit in the headlights at times.

He's got a lot to do to win me over after Easter Rd.

Still we're starting to play better so I'm happier.

It's great that the results have turned around, but when he is being interviewed he almost seems bitter that the change in formation has brought a change in fortune for us.

Was he behind the formation change?? The week before the change he was berating John Sutton at a press conference and Gordon Smith wasn't getting a minute on the park!

Anyway, we're winning and catching up with Hibs in the league, so happy days!!

From what I have seen we didnt have 4 months of abject performance. But of course I havent seen every game - although we have been on the box a lot this season so I have seen a decent number. I actually thought we had a lot of decent enough performances over a period where we were not winning.

And I dont think Sutton and Smith are any better than Paterson - I'd imagine Paterson will be close to being our best player over the next couple of years - but they provide a better balance at present which is impacting results.

The McGlynn Sutton/Smith saga was greatly over done on here IMO. If it had caused any damage at all he wouldnt have got the reaction that he has from Sutton and Smith. So whether you agree or not whatever he said or how he dealt with this hasnt resulted in a bad reaction from either of them.

So its a non-point and a non-argument in my book

Francis Albert

It's great that the results have turned around, but when he is being interviewed he almost seems bitter that the change in formation has brought a change in fortune for us.

Was he behind the formation change?? The week before the change he was berating John Sutton at a press conference and Gordon Smith wasn't getting a minute on the park!

Anyway, we're winning and catching up with Hibs in the league, so happy days!!

He wasn't exactly berating Sutton. As most managers do, he got a bit irritated when his team selection was criticised and pointed out that the interviewer's description of Sutton as a proven SPL goalscorer wasn't true of his time at Tynecastle. It's been as usual blown a bit out of proportion on here. If anything it seems to have had a positive effect on Sutton.

He wasn't exactly berating Sutton. As most managers do, he got a bit irritated when his team selection was criticised and pointed out that the interviewer's description of Sutton as a proven SPL goalscorer wasn't true of his time at Tynecastle. It's been as usual blown a bit out of proportion on here. If anything it seems to have had a positive effect on Sutton.

:stunned:

I totally agree with FA!

:devilish:

Francis Albert

From what I have seen we didnt have 4 months of abject performance. But of course I havent seen every game - although we have been on the box a lot this season so I have seen a decent number. I actually thought we had a lot of decent enough performances over a period where we were not winning.

And I dont think Sutton and Smith are any better than Paterson - I'd imagine Paterson will be close to being our best player over the next couple of years - but they provide a better balance at present which is impacting results.

The McGlynn Sutton/Smith saga was greatly over done on here IMO. If it had caused any damage at all he wouldnt have got the reaction that he has from Sutton and Smith. So whether you agree or not whatever he said or how he dealt with this hasnt resulted in a bad reaction from either of them.

It must be Christmas or something, because I agree with Jammy T's first point.

In some ways yesterday was a mirror image of some of our games earlier in the season when we dominated possession and played the better football at least until we got to the last quarter of the pitch, only to lose to breakaways and slightly fortunate goals. Yesterday Dundee United did the same.

The comparison with Sutton/Smith and Paterson was all his opinion, not mine. I have been a big defender of Paterson and think he's a great player.

Fickle.

Either for or against. These people that switch sides after a short time annoy the pish out of me.

One week we lose, he has to go, next week we win, he's the dogs bollox.

He is not the man to lead us forward. More like the man to steady the ship on advice from supporters and pressure...

Time will tell and this thread can be bumped for comedy gold.

By my count, he had 28. You're counting games under Jefferies in Paulo's column.

But of course facts won't sway anyone :smuggy:

Francis Albert

By my count, he had 28. You're counting games under Jefferies in Paulo's column.

But of course facts won't sway anyone :smuggy:

Sorry, my mistake.

3 points short of Paulo after 19 games. McGlynn oot NOW!!!

Francis Albert

From what I remember PS was getting pelters at this stage of the season anaw.

True. The "Portuguese dud" was one of his nicknames as I recall.

jack D and coke

It was a very unprofessional comment about the guy IMO. Basically questioning what level he'd scored goals at etc. It was really poor stuff lets be honest. All credit to Sutton too, he may not be the best player to play for us but he's got one of the best attitudes. Taken a few knocks but he keeps his head down.

From what I remember PS was getting pelters at this stage of the season anaw.

Correct and like JM the results improved when he started listening to me.

Archived