The Holy Goalie / Boruc (Merged Threads)

Nucky Thompson

coppercrutch
Is the last one Martin Johnston the English Rugby player now coach?

As for Boruc, I don?t understand all the righteous indignation on here about it. Yep he did it to wind up the Huns but Hell I don?t like them either.

Not something for us to be bothered about.

I think many people are just annoyed that OF players get away with things like this all the time. It is simply 'laughed off' as a joke.

I agree I don't think we should be bothered by it. But if we can make sure that **** Boruc gets what he deserves for a change? - Why, I think we should jump in big style !!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gowestjambo
Too true BB, sadly when I was out out running (20 bleedin miles, I'm knacked now!:confused:) earlier I saw a few of these trolls parading their Thellick 'taps' out on the streets of our glorious capital. It was a great day, sun out, and i was enjoying my run, but these dregs of society blemished it:sad:.

Bring in a programme of controlled breeding I say.

NT

Unfortunately the guy in the T shirt is against such measures.........

alwaysthereinspirit
It was only Boruc as far as i could see and he'll get carpeted for it this time.

He's quite clearly trying to provoke now.

Now? He's never done anything else but provoke opposition fans. The man is an idiot. Doubt anything will happen to him though. SPL or SFA wont know how to handle it.

shaun.lawson
Mhank players and fhans are not normal. This is yet another example. More than happy to wind others up, but when carpeted about it they will play the victimised tim.

Sellik = the most vile and disgusting institution in world football. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nope - that's Rangers. Try again! ;)

Honorary mentions to Millwall, Real Madrid, Lazio, Juventus, and any number of clubs in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.

I find the whole Catholic church offensive just as I do with any other regime that harbours child molesters,promotes poverty and HIV and the likes but that is not why I felt his T shirt was out of order.(I don't practise any religion so I don't think I'm a bigot).

If a Hun had been wearing a T shirt praising the Queen I would have been just as peed off.

These clubs and their supporters are a huge big spunk stain on Scotland and the people who try to justify them are t0ssers.

get a grip mate

Boaby Ewing
Is the last one Martin Johnston the English Rugby player now coach?

As for Boruc, I don?t understand all the righteous indignation on here about it. Yep he did it to wind up the Huns but Hell I don?t like them either.

Not something for us to be bothered about.

Quite, if the ***** in the Hun end can't hack it, tough. Glasgow's finest can deal with it.

Personally, I like when players try and wind up the opposition fans. And vice versa.

That's maybe not particularly responsible but how people react to 'provocation' is their problem.

Rangers are by far worse.

i cant remember hearing them actually singing a rangers song,

ever single song is sectarian, interesting to know what derrys walls, the UDA and the queen has to do with scottish football..

not that celtic fans are angels by any means but i think atleast they get behind their team by singing actually celtic songs.

Commander Harris

ever single song is sectarian, interesting to know what derrys walls, the UDA and the queen has to do with scottish football..

not that celtic fans are angels by any means but i think atleast they get behind their team by singing actually celtic songs.

a rather one sided view - the celtic songbook contains many an irish rebel song and even their "celtic" songs have choruses praising the IRA.

both clubs have their fair share of completely irrelevant non-footballing songs.

at this point I feel the need to use the jkb cliche "two sides of the same coin" and I think I'll throw in an "OFGTF" in for good measure. that's better. :)

May not be sectarian but it's got feck all to do with football.

Bunch of mod edit

How could paying public tribute to the leader of a religious domination not be sectarian?

_44605185_boruct-shirt.jpg

Commander Harris

whether he was using his religion to curry favour with his own fans or to wind up rival fans it's pretty low IMO. I can't see any other motivation for such a display in the context of an old firm game.

The Old Tolbooth

boruc3wh8jv6.jpg

What chance do we have of getting rid of sectarianism within fans when idiotic players do things like this, pathetic!

"He's not a bad lad, to be fair (the Pope)," Strachan joked.

"If it was 'God bless Myra Hindley', I might have a problem."

Just shows the mentality of the cretins cretinous manager. BTW Who has killed more people Myra Hindley or the Catholic Church?

Could someone remind me what this lovely lad did in his youth? What organisation was he a member of??????

Lovely chap.

Commander Harris
Could someone remind me what this lovely lad did in his youth? What organisation was he a member of??????

Lovely chap.

seems to be the late Pope John Paul II on his T-shirt as opposed to the former cardinal Ratzinger.

kaka1116eb13vr4.jpg

I have just peeked on one of the Celtic forums, and they are comparing it to the above photo and asking "what's the difference"?

Now, we all know the difference, but in terms of the UEFA directive already discussed on this thread, and the fact that they have let previous incidences of the law being broken go unpunished, such as Kaka above, how does this affect the situation?

Commander Harris
kaka1116eb13vr4.jpg

I have just peeked on one of the Celtic forums, and they are comparing it to the above photo and asking "what's the difference"?

Now, we all know the difference, but in terms of the UEFA directive already discussed on this thread, and the fact that they have let previous incidences of the law being broken go unpunished, such as Kaka above, how does this affect the situation?

both slogans are in breach of the fifa rules as religious slogans are not permitted so from a black and white "legal" perspective there is no real difference.

I would say there is a huge difference in intent though - like I said above, the only motivation that I can see for Boruc to have such a slogan in the context of an old firm game is to curry favour with his own fans or to try and provoke the opposition fans. I don't think the same accusation could be levelled at kaka.

I do agree that there should be consistency in applying the laws though, even if I wouldn't necessarily agree with the law in question.

Commander Harris
both slogans are in breach of the fifa rules as religious slogans are not permitted so from a black and white "legal" perspective there is no real difference.

I would say there is a huge difference in intent though - like I said above, the only motivation that I can see for Boruc to have such a slogan in the context of an old firm game is to curry favour with his own fans or to try and provoke the opposition fans. I don't think the same accusation could be levelled at kaka.

I do agree that there should be consistency in applying the laws though, even if I wouldn't necessarily agree with the law in question.

re-reading the rule it seems that any slogan on an undershirt would be against the rules. not just a religious slogan.

It looks like Strachan can't handle the erseholy goaly. He has let him off with everything, including pushing his own team mates.

On the t shirt, Is that not the wee popey that we had the half a minute silence for??? Semi final???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Vulture

I suppose with JP2 & Boruc both being Polish he may be some kind of spiritual hero to AB. I believe JP2 is held in high esteem by the Poles, not only for being pope but also the role he played in Poland in playing his part in bringing down the Soviet regime.

Regards AB actions, he knew by wearing that T-shirt would provoke a reaction. What difference does a fine make ? You get fined not even a %age of your salary so it hardly will stop him from doing it again. With regard to Kaka and his T-shirt, yeah fine him too. Both attention seeking idiots.

gogsfaesydney
a rather one sided view - the celtic songbook contains many an irish rebel song and even their "celtic" songs have choruses praising the IRA.

both clubs have their fair share of completely irrelevant non-footballing songs.

at this point I feel the need to use the jkb cliche "two sides of the same coin" and I think I'll throw in an "OFGTF" in for good measure. that's better. :)

go on to limewire and see how often Celtic FC come up when you type in Irish Rebel songs

scots civil war

stop trying to justify it m8y

boruc is a total ****

witnessing boruc at tynecastle turn round to their support and cross himself at kick off proves he thinks a great deal about the most abominable organised racket/religion in the world(nazi collaboration,child abuse,birth control etc,untold millions in acquired wealth over the centuries,the list goes on)

he brings disrepute and anger and spilled blood into the game,and thats enough for me

get rid of the ****

I just think it's an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Winding up the hardore bigot / ned element of a bigotted, neddy support is only going to result in trouble. Neil Lennon got dragged out of his car window and assaulted at a set of traffic lights on Great Western Road, how long os going to be until Boruc gets the same or worse?

If something like that does happen, he'll only have himself to blame.

Indeed. I for one won't be shedding any tears (except possibly of laughter) if and when it does happen.

Drylaw Hearts
boruc3wh8jv6.jpg

What chance do we have of getting rid of sectarianism within fans when idiotic players do things like this, pathetic!

I do not see it ever ending.

And both the Clubs are more than happy for it to continue.

Also, I think the SFA will reprimand Boruc - they have done so previously for a lesser offence imo.

doctor jambo

If I recall correctly they tried to reprimand him before over his crossing antics, but there was public outcry from prominent catholics, so they bottle it big time

They wont even attempt to this time

Hans von Luck
I do not see it ever ending.

And both the Clubs are more than happy for it to continue.

Also, I think the SFA will reprimand Boruc - they have done so previously for a lesser offence imo.

Good to see the Sellik showing their true colours with the muppet in the background with a flag with absolutely nothing to do with football.

Vermin

From a neutral (ie Non-sectarian) stand point I condemn Boruc. His action in a footballing context was unacceptable as the T-shirt was most certainly worn in a symbolic act of sectarian provocation, no matter how staunch a Roman Catholic he may profess to be.

There are however many on this thread who are happy to condemn Boruc but, hypocritically, are themselves supporters of Sectarianism. In other words Mr Boruc's actions play into the hands of Sectarians and those who would seek to imitate them and so perpetuate this cancer.

Drylaw Hearts
From a neutral (ie Non-sectarian) stand point I condemn Boruc. His action in a footballing context was unacceptable as the T-shirt was most certainly worn in a symbolic act of sectarian provocation, no matter how staunch a Roman Catholic he may profess to be.

There are however many on this thread who are happy to condemn Boruc but, hypocritically, are themselves supporters of Sectarianism. In other words Mr Boruc's actions play into the hands of Sectarians and those who would seek to imitate them and so perpetuate this cancer.

Top post.

Terrible Trio

Correct and he should face the consequences just as I would if was was lifted for wearing my "God bless you ma'am" t-shirt at parkheid

Correct and he should face the consequences just as I would if was was lifted for wearing my "God bless you ma'am" t-shirt at parkheid

do they do them in XXL :rolleyes:

Doctor FinnBarr

What is this guy all about?

When will Sellick, the Police or the GFA do something about this clown?

Its only a matter of time before he starts a full scale riot! I don,t have any problem with someone who wants to practice their religion but his actions yesterday were not about that, they were purely and simply to see if he could get a reaction from the current buns!

This buffoon is a danger to himself and others around him, and as for Strachans reaction to it all, it would be laughable if it wasn,t so serious!!!!!

:evilno:

Rather akin to Gazza playing the flute I would say.

OF problems are caused by the OF and they are both as bad as each other.

scottish_chicP

I think it is appauling that he gets away with that. It doesn't offend me personally but was clearly done to insight trouble.

What's next - Bazza stripping off to reveal a King Billy T-shirt!!

ANY player outwith the OF would immediately be in the dock for inflammatory behaviour!

I find both sides of the bigot divide equally sickening however Boruc needs sorted out before he causes a riot!

Guest S.U.S.S.

YEs, Oh Ah, Up the Ra

That old classic football song.

Guest JamboRobbo

Given it appears to have kept the bigottry debate and all the open minded and insightful points (aye right :rofl:) that come with it to a single thread on JKB for the day, he should do it more often IMO. ;)

PistolsjacketJ.JPG

One like this ?

Tut tut Hans. Defacing the Queens head is a flogging offence.....;)

On a serious note, it's about time that soemthing was done about this clown.

If he wan't to glorify in his religion, that's up to him but he shouldn't be applauded for ramming it down other peoples throats at every opportunity and regardless of the rights and wrongs of it, definately not in a game such as the OF game.

What woudl the reaction be if a muslim player suddenly unvailed an Osama Bin Laden T I wonder.

There is no place for this sort of behaviour in sport especially when players have a moral responsibility to conduct themselves in such a way as not to incite trouble. Where is he when the Bhoys against Bigotry brigade are out and about (myth I know).

Unfortunately, we all know that any action taken against him will be met with mass derision from a minority group claiming that they are being victimised against and should be allowed to display there allegiances where ever and when ever thay like.

Boruc is a clown, but the really sad thing is that it matters. In a civilised, non-sectarian society it wouldn't.

Speaks volumes re the situation in this country, which has bank-rolled the O.F. for generations.

Dr. Bapswent

Why defend or justify any of it?

It has no place in football and is just the harbour of those who want to excerise thier ignorant and biggoted ways via another avenue.

It should all be removed.

Imagine if football was actually about the sport?

Borat is a breast of the highest order.

The fact he seems to revel in the whole thing makes me sick!

He has no idea of the effects these actions can have across central scotland after an old firm game. Myself having worked in pubs for around 5 years have witnessed it firsthand and i've got a mate who's a nurse and has some of the story's he has told about victims with mulitple stab wounds are horrific.

I wonder if Borats wife or close family/kids were victimised in the streets in he next week if he would then realize what outcome his stupidity has.

No place in football for ar*eholes like him.

marshallschunkychicken
Seeing as we're on the subject of Ra Sellik:

Is there anything worse that being out and about in our nation's capital only to see some caved-face,street-drinking Jakey wearing a 'Sellik tap'.

It makes you weep for human kind.

Buffalo Bill

It gets worse than that. On a recent trip to Rome, I saw one of them. In his Sellick tap. Eating a McDonalds.

Cretin.

Am I the only one that found it quite funny? Inappropriate yes, but funny nonetheless.

And todays Daily ******`s view on it all.............?

"It's highly unlikely the SPL will react to the incident since it would be hard to prove the nature of any alleged offence.

The gesture was performed well away from the Rangers supporters and only television viewers with the benefit of a close up could have clearly seen the image on the T-shirt."

Aye, OK then.

Am I the only one that found it quite funny? Inappropriate yes, but funny nonetheless.

I dont see whats funny about it? Funny cos it wound up the Rangers fans? Plenty other ways to do that.....

I just dont see that as funny at all, and i'm not bothered about religion in the slightest. I just think its a downright stupid thing to do.

It doesnt offend me - it shocks me that someone could actually be that dumb.

If he's not punished heavily by club and the SFA / SPL then it makes yet another mockery of the game in this country.

Boruc can GTF - he's got plenty of history for this kinda stupidity, its about time something was done about it.

Guest Dipped Flake

That sums up nicely to me. Not a catholic myself but support the right of anyone to celebrate their religion any way they like. This, however, was nothing to do with religion and all to do with winding up the opposition fans and so Boruc should be hammered. Unfortunately, it also gives the morons on this board the chance to vent their anti-catholic crap.

Archived