The Holy Goalie / Boruc (Merged Threads)

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

Mhank players wearing God bless the Pope t-shirts at the end:eek: Did anyone else see that?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May not be sectarian but it's got feck all to do with football.

Bunch of mod edit

Looked like only the clown Boric , still looked as though he had his keeper shirt on so maybe got it from the crowd ?

Adi Dassler

It was only Boruc as far as i could see and he'll get carpeted for it this time.

He's quite clearly trying to provoke now.

Nucky Thompson
It was only Boruc as far as i could see and he'll get carpeted for it this time.

Naylor and at least another one player had them too.

Boab Mugabe

Boruc will probably get given a cash prize.

Remember, not being 'Thellik Minded' is a crime in Scotland.

It's not just a t-shirt though, it's designed to wind up. It keeps the hatered going between the two sides. That kind of thing is just totally needless. I'd say the same if wee Bazza wore a God save the Queen t-shirt

Guest hoggis
Naylor and at least another one player had them too.

Well they are one big 'family' club.

Worldwide audience watching what still is,and will remain a stain on Scottish society.

Hilary Briss
The SFA should hammer them for it.

Be interesting to see whats done about it.

Nothing will be done mate, as per normal.

brellierlegend

Whats the difference between that and when Gazza did the flute?

Its designed to insight hatred. Boruc does this all the time. He is a piece of filth in my opinion!

Tynie_tiger

When will these idiots realise there is no place for Religion in football. NO matter what denomination of christianity or other religion you are. Its only a game of football!

It could only happen here. Whilst it is no crime to wear such t shirts (or ones of the queen as someone else said) they have been worn to incite the other team. Whilst getting worked up about a t-shirt is a bit sad it could well have caused crowd trouble.

They should be done for it by the SPL but they won't be.

Mhank players and fhans are not normal. This is yet another example. More than happy to wind others up, but when carpeted about it they will play the victimised tim.

Sellik = the most vile and disgusting institution in world football. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When will these idiots realise there is no place for Religion in football. NO matter what denomination of christianity or other religion you are. Its only a game of football!

Two clubs that have built their foundations on it and positively thrive on it.

No wonder everyone else hates them.

If Boruc suffered serious injury I would throw a week-long party.

I'll bring a selection of manly snacks and strong lager.

Jambof3tornado

Surely anyone who isnt paricularly religious will see this for what it is,crowd baiting. Just like the god save the queen t shirts gers fans wear and the flute playing and the crossing yourself 14 times during a game(I have it on good authority that even the Pope himself only manages to cross himself 12 times a day!!;)).

Its continuing to drag scottish football into the gutter and its only because Rangers and Celtic are the 2 big clubs that nothing gets done. If Hearts and Hibs were so openly hateful of one another we would be hammered for any incidents and docked points by the bucketload.

I am sick of all the baggage that comes with the teams from the weege and can only hope that one day a football match can be just that.:mad:

It ws a cracker of a game of football but the singing/chanting/throwing things/symbols of hatred etc etc etc just make you wonder what people outside scotland really think of our country.:sad:

Frankenstein Jambo.

Boruc is a trouble making ****e stain on the bottom of ever celtic fans shoes. He should be deported back to poland and given the ruber glove treatment.

Drew Busby !

Coming only a week after The Sunday Herald's apology and dismissal of a journo, after pressure from smellick about a "bead rattling" comment...

I doubt anyone would have got stabbed after some stupid comment in a broadsheet, but someone might get a slashing in glesgae toon tonight thanks to Boruc.

Boab Mugabe
Boruc is a trouble making ****e stain on the bottom of ever celtic fans shoes. He should be deported back to poland and given the ruber glove treatment.

I don't think that would be much of a punishment for the Arseholey Goalie...

Him and Celtic suit each other. :mad:

blondejamtart

Boruc's T-shirt had absolutely nothing to do with religion and everything to do with what seems to his one of his favourite pastimes - winding up rival fans, especially the other half of the bigot brothers! He is a plank of the highest order and over-rated as a keeper into the bargain - and it's way beyond time that his antics were sorted out once and for all!

Some people need to get a grip.

agreed.

he is called the holy goalie by Celtic fans, plus there's a song celtic fans sing called the arthur boruc, the holy goalie.

Surely anyone who isnt paricularly religious will see this for what it is,crowd baiting. Just like the god save the queen t shirts gers fans wear and the flute playing and the crossing yourself 14 times during a game(I have it on good authority that even the Pope himself only manages to cross himself 12 times a day!!;)).

Its continuing to drag scottish football into the gutter and its only because Rangers and Celtic are the 2 big clubs that nothing gets done. If Hearts and Hibs were so openly hateful of one another we would be hammered for any incidents and docked points by the bucketload.

I am sick of all the baggage that comes with the teams from the weege and can only hope that one day a football match can be just that.:mad:

It ws a cracker of a game of football but the singing/chanting/throwing things/symbols of hatred etc etc etc just make you wonder what people outside scotland really think of our country.:sad:

but singing homophobic songs is okay i suppose:mad:

Terrible Trio
plus there's a song celtic fans sing called the arthur boruc, the holy goalie.

prefer the other version :)

Footballfirst

I don't have a problem with him wearing the tee-shirt if he had worn a similar one and displayed it openly at other league games. In this instance it was clearly to wind up those overly sensitive anti-catholic huns.

I will be interesting to see what the equally sensitve GFA and Strathclyde's finest do or don't do about it.

I believe that he should be formally cautioned by the polis by seeking to "stir up" religious bigotry. However I don't think anything will happen, because he will simply say that he is proud of his religion and the tee shirt was just a demonstration of it.

As long as public figures like Boruc and Gazza are allowed behave as they do we will continue to have religous intolerence displayed on the terraces and on the streets.

The Comedian

I saw the shirts, there was a few wearing them, McManus was one I think.

Regarding Boruc, he's a clown who's playing up to the tims. I for one hope his next jobbie is a hedgehog or at the very least he get's a nasty rash in a uncomfortable area.

Footballfirst

It will be interesting to see the Herald's report on the Boruc incident given their apology about the "bead-rattling"

The use of the term 'bead-rattling' is clearly unacceptable in a quality newspaper. Indeed, it is clearly unacceptable in any context and in any walk of life.

The Sunday Herald's stance on bigotry and sectarianism is clear: as a newspaper we have consistently and systematically challenged prejudice wherever we have found it. We have written dozens of articles - in the sports section, in the news section, in opinion and debate and in the magazine - condemning those who continue to perpetuate sectarianism and praising the considerable efforts of both Celtic FC and Rangers FC, among others, to stamp it out.

Religious bigotry continues, however, to be a blot on the landscape of Scottish football and also in wider society. There has been huge progress in recent years, but there is still more to be done before we can consider ourselves a truly united society.
The Sunday Herald would like to take this opportunity to apologise unreservedly for any offence caused by the use of this phrase and assure our readers that we are treating this matter extremely seriously.

He's going to end up taking a beating / stabbing in Glasgow one night.

There are so many nutters through here, one of them will eventually get a hold of him. It happened to Lennon and Boruc's behaviour has been just as bad.

WeeToonJambo
Mhank players and fhans are not normal. This is yet another example. More than happy to wind others up, but when carpeted about it they will play the victimised tim.

Sellik = the most vile and disgusting institution in world football. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can think of at least one other vile and disgusting institution in world football, in fact in Scottish football.;)

coppercrutch

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/2008/04/25/sfa-demand-explanation-from-roman-romanov-over-screwed-games-comment-86908-20394076/

"Although the remarks were made at a private meeting SFA officials still believe they can take action against Romanov.

An SFA spokesperson said: "If he has brought the game into disrepute, he could be fined"

I think we can safely say that wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with a religious figure can also be classed as 'bringing the game into disrepute'. Especially as the SFA are constantly telling us religion has no place in football.

Ibrahim Tall
agreed.

he is called the holy goalie by Celtic fans, plus there's a song celtic fans sing called the arthur boruc, the holy goalie.

'Celtic fans', shouldn't that be "us"? :rolleyes:

Nelly Terraces

GFA will bury their heads in the sand as per.

I'd like to bury Boric in sand - alive.

Miller Jambo 60

They do what they want, above the law, above the so called rules of the SFA/SPL.

They are horrible people but their stewards and police are great AYE RIGHT

THE PLACE DKHEID IS A HELLHOLE.

I can think of at least one other vile and disgusting institution in world football, in fact in Scottish football.;)

Spill the beans then. :cool:

I once saw the police lift a Hearts fan at Darkheid for waving a bank note with a picture of the Queen on it at the Celtic fans. Overheard the police telling him he was being lifted for breach of the peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nelly Terraces

I'm sure this will be analysed on that insisive, fearless and cutting edge programme Scotsport tomorrow. They really tackle issues within Scottish football head on.

Aye right. The brother of a sex pervert and a bitter little member of the 'Exthended Thelltic Famulee' as hosts...

"so, Andy, I hear Scott McDonald got his hair cut this week. "Yer right there Grant, amazing, now who wants to win a Playstation?".

Makes me puke.

Adi Dassler
I once saw the police lift a Hearts fan at Darkheid for waving a bank note with a picture of the Queen on it at the Celtic fans. Overheard the police telling him he was being lifted for breach of the peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sectarian Breach of the Peace no less.

And a ?400 fine.

It was my mate. Not a very productive Monday spent through at Glasgow Sheriff Court, which incidentally is the most hellish place on earth.

Nelly Terraces

And a ?400 fine.

It was my mate. Not a very productive Monday spent through at Glasgow Sheriff Court, which incidentally is the most hellish place on earth.

Unreal AD.

Sure Borat will receive the same treatment though eh. In my dreams. Strachclyde old bill are corrupt liars. My hatred for them is total.

Adi Dassler
Unreal AD.

Sure Borat will receive the same treatment though eh. In my dreams. Strachclyde old bill are corrupt liars. My hatred for them is total.

Which is exactly what i branded them when i was giving my evidence.

Liars.

Didnae go down all that well with the judge as you'd imagine.

Terrible Trio

And a ?400 fine.

does that come with a ban from grounds

Archived