Tynie school - those were the days

deedeepix

I was there between 78 & 84, glad to see mentions of Mr Little who used to whack the back of your hand with a swordfishes "sword" rather than give you the belt & Mr Miller who just used to make us run round Meggatland while he had a sleep.

Other well known faces from that era

Mr Logan, Jasper(Simpson), Big Jo Munro, Miss Ross (ive never heard "the story"?) Brickheid, Mr Lamont (his sons his double and the BBC reporter now) , Miss Tinline (drama and fencing), Mr McGraill, Mr Sutherland, Mr Hamilton.

Decent times, could also see tynie from our english class, seeing players was just the norm so really wasnt a big deal.

http://uk.ratemyteachers.com/tynecastle-high-school/23789-s/1

Balgreenjambo

Im a Tynie boy from 88-94

Mr Savage - history pretty cool guy

Mr Wexler - eh rumoured to not be such a nice guy ahem

Mrs Brydon - music teacher she was alright

Mrs Doyle - dirty

Mr Juner - one eye went one way the other went in a different direction got told off many a time cause i didnt think he was talking to me

Mrs Lannon - Accounts she was decent

Mrs Ross - pupil/teacher indiscretion by all accounts

Peeheid - is that how old that story is.

Mr Clarke - total bawbag of a maths teacher

Mr Hope - Computing on crap Macs

Mr Hanson. - PE teacher rumoured to be dead by loads of folk that i knew after i left school but BB on here told me he isnt so there you go.

Mrs Hamilton - tiny wee English teacher

Balgreenjambo

I went to Tynie in 88 but left in 93.

Always remember someone gobbed from the upstairs music room balcony right on to the head of a music teacher and I was standing right beside him.the teacher went nuts,stormed up the stairs and grabbed the the guy by the neck,I thought he was going to grab me.the guy got expelled.

Also remember getting carbon monoxide poisoning every time I went passed the Jannys office with all the smoking they done

I went to Tynie in 88 but left in 93.

Always remember someone gobbed from the upstairs music room balcony right on to the head of a music teacher and I was standing right beside him.the teacher went nuts,stormed up the stairs and grabbed the the guy by the neck,I thought he was going to grab me.the guy got expelled.

Also remember getting carbon monoxide poisoning every time I went passed the Jannys office with all the smoking they done

few good stories going round from the old days at Tynie, Left before 96 many a story to tell from the good old days lol

Alec Ciderson

Mr Savage - history pretty cool guy

Was he a wee guy built like a brick shithoose, if so, he taught at craigmount first. Did he not leave craigmount to become deputy head.

Got 6 double handers off him for fighting in the corridor, he also took one of the after school clubs (for which I have represented Scotland).

• 8 years later...
On 23/11/2012 at 10:41, The Don said:

Both teachers names 100% correct Thom was locked in the cupboard of the maths class and made to sing Ba ba black sheep before she was let out, the names of all involved will never be disclosed all i can say is she was also my maths teacher as well as PE teacher :ninja:

The Miss ross incident ill leave to a guys imagination

An old thread resurrection here but I was convinced it was the wee German/French teacher that was made to sing ba ba blacksheep in the cupboard backwards in German. Maybe it grew legs 😂