Tynie school - those were the days

deedeepix

I will always remember when I was at school and getting all excited coz gary mackay was in the ground training....

How many of you went to the old school?

I hated my time at school tbh and I was a right swot lol....got the pee taken outta me all the time.

Its so sad that this great club has fallen into so much debt.

It IS a great club....we WILL survive, I firmly believe it.

I personally cannot put any more money forward, I have did the shares thing on KB, I have did the raffle, I bought new shirts for me and my boy, Its cost me a freaking fortune in doing the photos from the fundraiser (and a new printer grrrrr!!!) and av still to post them out :0 I always get my boy loads from the club store for christmas but apparently theres not much in stock at the mo :(

also doing pics at the family fun day on sunday......

I know its not alot compared to what some supporters have done, but I do feel I have done my wee bit.

Long live our glorious boys in maroon.

Hope to see you all on sunday

I will always remember when I was at school and getting all excited coz gary mackay was in the ground training....

How many of you went to the old school?

I hated my time at school tbh and I was a right swot lol....got the pee taken outta me all the time.

I went to Tynie,how old are you as i maybe flushed your heed down the toilet?

I went to Penicuik Secondary (as it was then). My memory of Tynecastle was playing them at rugby. After one game a boy from Penicuik and a boy from Tynecastle decided to have a square go. The Tynecastle boy came off very much second best and the police were called. They never played us rough boys from Penicuik again. Do any of the old boys on here remember the incident? It would be round about 1964. I know this is nothing to do with FP reminiscences but the thread brought the memory back.

Fxxx the SPFL

I went to Penicuik Secondary (as it was then). My memory of Tynecastle was playing them at rugby. After one game a boy from Penicuik and a boy from Tynecastle decided to have a square go. The Tynecastle boy came off very much second best and the police were called. They never played us rough boys from Penicuik again. Do any of the old boys on here remember the incident? It would be round about 1964. I know this is nothing to do with FP reminiscences but the thread brought the memory back.

I went to Tynie from 1968 until 1973 they didn't hve rugby when I started but in 1970 they tried to get it going and if my memory serves me right it only lasted a few games when they played Boroughmuir there was a bit of a rumble and the changing rooms ended up wrecked and I think Tynie were banned from the league. There was always bad blood between us and boromuir.

Went to Tynie as well left in "88"

Many a tale to tell, including the incident with a certain French teacher and some fifth years, and a certain maths/gym teacher being locked in a cupboard and made to sing Ba Ba Black sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JJ's Barmy Army

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Benny Brazil used to be seen legging it past my Primary School in his training gear to catch the bus most mornings, probably why I started supporting Hearts tbh.

Fxxx the SPFL

Benny Brazil used to be seen legging it past my Primary School in his training gear to catch the bus most mornings, probably why I started supporting Hearts tbh.

He came from Currie did he not and a nice looking chap to boot!!!

I went to Tynecastle, left in 1985. My english class was the very end of the second floor, perfect view over the old ground and on training days, the standard of my work certainly took a dip.......happy days.

Many a tale to tell, including the incident with a certain French teacher and some fifth years, and a certain maths/gym teacher being locked in a cupboard and made to sing Ba Ba Black sheep.

argh pee heid lol was not involved in it but everyone who went to Tynie knew that Story lol

did they make her sing it in French lol

I went to Tynie also by the way

Tynie school lad through and through, played fitba for them through the years and even hudda run out at Rugby for them, thankfully I was a winger at that time and got thrown out wide, didnae fancy that scrum thingy!!

argh pee heid lol was not involved in it but everyone who went to Tynie knew that Story lol

did they make her sing it in French lol

I went to Tynie also by the way

Was my year that was involved in the singing in a cupboard ;-) lol but a few lads a year or 2 older involved in the French teacher incident.

Was my year that was involved in the singing in a cupboard ;-) lol but a few lads a year or 2 older involved in the French teacher incident.

My old dear worked in the office at Tynie wee women so I had to beheve otherwise I was grounded lol but she remembers the pee heid story well

jambos are go!

Was in the same year as as Sandy(Billy) Jardine from 1960 -64.Good luck Billy. Dougie Rooney was in my Brothers class and the only Black pupil in the School. Last year he was President of the Trade Union Congress. What an achievement.

North Berwick Jambo

I went to Tynecastle, left in 1985. My english class was the very end of the second floor, perfect view over the old ground and on training days, the standard of my work certainly took a dip.......happy days.

I left Tynie in 1986 & it was the same for me in English class, as soon as anyone appeared on the pitch you were distracted. I also remember quite a few times in the winter we got to school to find it shut because of snow & we would end up spending the day clearing the pitch in exchange for free tickets! :cheesy:

Edited by North Berwick Jambo

Optimus Prime

I was there from 92-98. I remember vaguely hearing about both stories mentioned. Can somebody remind us of the full stories? Miss Thom and Miss Ross involved I believe.

I was a Tynie boy, left in 2000.

The legend of Pee Heid lived on through my generation, she was still working at the school when I was there.

Played for the school team and had a few decent players. Only one playing at a decent level now is Liam Fox (Livingston captain) although did play a year or two above is level. The rest of them are either in jail (Scotlands biggest drugs bust) or dead....

1969 to 74......Mr Miller (ex Army fitness instructor).... specialty.....Bouncing medicine balls aff yir heid....and making fat laddies do hand stands against the bars!!!!!!!

I was there from 92-98. I remember vaguely hearing about both stories mentioned. Can somebody remind us of the full stories? Miss Thom and Miss Ross involved I believe.

Both teachers names 100% correct Thom was locked in the cupboard of the maths class and made to sing Ba ba black sheep before she was let out, the names of all involved will never be disclosed all i can say is she was also my maths teacher as well as PE teacher :ninja:

The Miss ross incident ill leave to a guys imagination

Edited by JJ's Barmy Army

john brownlee

u's sound a right bunch o' fleckin' holligins I went to a braw skool wer a hud gid grammer an aw that....never mist behave and alway stuck in at ma lessons

Luved english an maths and gardinin'....strangs allotments free period

.Norton park cademy best in edinburgh

The French teacher Mrs Ross?and I can remember the grey hairdo p e teacher but not her name,I was asked to leave in 88 so I probably know you. Edited by stu 1874

the windae cleaner

Cunningham was nice but miss Logan was tidy as ****!

aye she was but miss clarke the seccy studies teacher was a babe ........

i was there 82-86/87 spent most of my days outside Mike Hays office :10900:

the windae cleaner

The French teacher Mrs Ross?and I can remember the grey hairdo p e teacher but not her name,I was asked to leave in 88 so I probably know you.

Miss Thom was the P.E she also done maths (Total Beeatch !!))

Miss Thom was the P.E she also done maths (Total Beeatch !!))

That's her, she wore the same blue tracksuit bottoms every day for the 3 years or so I was at the main building,aye I done my share of bring in the heads office,remember big Joe Monro the bible bashing head case? Edited by stu 1874

I went to Tynecastle - definitely one of the top hundred schools in Edinburgh.

Spot on lol.

if its the same Miss Ross you're all talking about then she must have been at the school for years. There was a Miss Ross when I left in 2005.

someone please elaborate on these stories, they sound good :)

Cant think of any stories involving teachers, know a few who I would have liked to lock in a cupboard though.

My class days were spent either destroying people jotters, launching rubbers/coins/pens/sharpeners etc at one another in class & then the same again at break or wrecking stuff in the common room

A long dead relative of mine taught there best part of 100 years ago having come down from Wick with her brother and sister, coached kids, got her brother to buy shares and so, although I was not a pupil, the school started my family's affection for the Hearts. Her old flat is still there at the foot of ardmillan.

The legend of Pee Heid lived on through my generation, she was still working at the school when I was there.

Played for the school team and had a few decent players. Only one playing at a decent level now is Liam Fox (Livingston captain) although did play a year or two above is level. The rest of them are either in jail (Scotlands biggest drugs bust) or dead....

think i might have being in your year, i went from 94-00

Miss Thom was a lesbian wasn't see?

Can't believe Pee-heid story is so old, it was doing the rounds when i went there. Ms Ross was our Reg teacher,

That's probably our p e teacher miss Thom the old cow!

If my relly taught you you must be really old as she died at 99 more than 30 years ago although she did outlive some of her pupils!

I was there 1983-87.Miss Doyle was my favourite.A right dirty Weegie hing oot.Shuggie Burns was always in the bakers at dinner time.He would always sign some quality stuff on you're jotters when asked.

I'll have probably have played against you then. I'm sorry to hear about the demise of some of the players from that side, games versus Tynie High School were usually close fought affairs. Tynie's pitch at the back of the Wheatfield stand is one of the best pitches I've played on, it would have put a few professional clubs to shame (I'm talking about you Motherwell).

That's probably our p e teacher miss Thom the old cow!

She taught me AP&H, she was a bit moody, but with the benefit of hindsight it was probably her hormones.....

I was there from 1976 - 80 in Mackays year, he was a stick on to make it even then, Tynie were head & shoulders above everyone else in schools football at that time , Porty had Bowman and Robbo in the same team ,but Tynie beat them every year

When I first started there one of the urban myths was old Mr millar the pe teacher could put a penny thru a bench with his leather belt never found out if it was true but by feck he could hit your hand hard with the belt

Always enjoyed my science class with Mr little he was as mad as a brush throwing bulls eyes around the class

His colleague miss Holland was very nice on the eye tho

Joe Don, deputy head to Mr Taylor...Punched me in the face during the Christmas service at the Cairns church, accused me of inappropriate whistling (I was innocent)....Broke my specks, auld boy went up to school to fill him in, got compensation, "The Don" went off soon afterwards with a breakdown. I also remember McCallum, history teacher always wore a kilt and sunglasses kept his hip flask and fags in his sporran....more SNP than Salmond if I remember correctly.

I'm still alive and not in jail. :cheesy:

My other half went there. He used to do fencing. I ask was it with a epee or selling on stolen goods ?.. Went in a huff.......

Boroughmuir for me....

My other half went there. He used to do fencing. I ask was it with a epee or selling on stolen goods ?.. Went in a huff.......

Boroughmuir for me....

Im a Tynie boy from 88-94

Mr Savage - history pretty cool guy

Mr Wexler - eh rumoured to not be such a nice guy ahem

Mrs Brydon - music teacher she was alright

Mrs Doyle - dirty

Mr Juner - one eye went one way the other went in a different direction got told off many a time cause i didnt think he was talking to me

Mrs Lannon - Accounts she was decent

Mrs Ross - pupil/teacher indiscretion by all accounts

Peeheid - is that how old that story is.

Mr Clarke - total bawbag of a maths teacher

Mr Hope - Computing on crap Macs

Mr Hanson. - PE teacher rumoured to be dead by loads of folk that i knew after i left school but BB on here told me he isnt so there you go.

Mrs Hamilton - tiny wee English teacher

Edited by Jamboelite

Did a teacher training placement 2009. A lassie who was a Man Utd fan told me to shut the **** up in registration. To be fair she walked in day after Champions League final and I broke into a "Eeeeasy....Eeeeasy.....Eeeeasy... " with arm actions before going on to act out Messi's header again and again.

(Good night Jamboelite?)

Howdy Doody Jambo

I was there between 82-86 , remember Mr Sutherland at PE who loved the football and was a top coach also liked Mr Short and Geography teacher Mr Tillie he was a great teacher also Mr McGrail in History but what about Brick heid he was cruel smashing up woodwork projects , canary white wood everywhere

Tynie was great if you loved the Hearts very few Hibbys went there at all

the windae cleaner

I was there between 82-86 , remember Mr Sutherland at PE who loved the football and was a top coach also liked Mr Short and Geography teacher Mr Tillie he was a great teacher also Mr McGrail in History but what about Brick heid he was cruel smashing up woodwork projects , canary white wood everywhere

Tynie was great if you loved the Hearts very few Hibbys went there at all

Sutherland (Mr Hardo) lol was a utter baw bag .... after mucking about at P,E he tried to make me walk home from meadowbank .(to Longstone/Saughton) . i refused to get off the school bus so he phoned the police to remove me (true story) .. Stain of a P.E teacher !!! Hanson was a good guy .. used to be a bouncer at the playhouse with my uncle and would have no hesitation in pulling you aside and threaten to give you a good shoeing if you were pissing about

Sutherland (Mr Hardo) lol was a utter baw bag .... after mucking about at P,E he tried to make me walk home from meadowbank .(to Longstone/Saughton) . i refused to get off the school bus so he phoned the police to remove me (true story) .. Stain of a P.E teacher !!! Hanson was a good guy .. used to be a bouncer at the playhouse with my uncle and would have no hesitation in pulling you aside and threaten to give you a good shoeing if you were pissing about

Sutherland was a great teacher and great football coach, I'm sure Gary Mackay credits in him in his book

When I first started there one of the urban myths was old Mr millar the pe teacher could put a penny thru a bench with his leather belt never found out if it was true but by feck he could hit your hand hard with the belt

Always enjoyed my science class with Mr little he was as mad as a brush throwing bulls eyes around the class

His colleague miss Holland was very nice on the eye tho

I saw him make a bench bounce of the ground when he hit it with his belt, the guy was a real character, he had been head of PE at Tynie for ever, he was ex RAF and apparently had flown Spitfires during the war, we were regularly made to walk back to Tynie from Meggetland after some minor misdemeanour at PE, No- one ever complained cos it meant we missed one period of double Maths