predictions for next year

hmfc4eva2

i reckon if frail stays were defo looking at 3rd a reckon with a new manger like mcghee who i heard today is not long from being annonced then we could spilt old frim. we have shown from likes of thomson and glen we have a good youth squad so some good exp and some tactics implied then there no reason why we cant go beta thn 05/06

Doctor FinnBarr
i reckon if frail stays were defo looking at 3rd a reckon with a new manger like mcghee who i heard today is not long from being annonced then we could spilt old frim. we have shown from likes of thomson and glen we have a good youth squad so some good exp and some tactics implied then there no reason why we cant go beta thn 05/06

What HAVE you been drinking?

:107years:

where you not at game today. that was bottom 6 we need a lift we will defo be 3rd nxt year gaurnteed we have so brilliant youths coming threw ranks

maroonedinoz
We will win the league....

and clear the debt, and find a cure for cancer and bring about world peace....:rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado

Glen will continue to grow in the reserves next season with a few 1st team appearances,Thomson will end up on loan somewhere and it will do him good.

Frail as manager 3rd is the best we will get,with McGhee,Wenger,Fergie etc the best we will get is 3rd place also as the old firm will outspend us by a massive amount to try to beat each other while we continue to cut the wage bill.

IMO Vlad has realised that our club is not big enough for world domination just yet and that we will need the increased revenue from a larger stadium before we can think about winning the league.:P

we would need to announce a decent manager and sign at least four very good players to get anywhere near third next year. with current squad and frail in charge i will predict a 6th place finish

Hopefully some exciting football and a top 6 finnish to start with next season and then hopefully build on that.**** i sound like a Hibby well going by the recent Scotland u-17 squad it's us that has the coveyor belt now.

Only a Game

One of the good things about next season is we are starting from scratch again with no high and mighty ambitions. Anyone who ever thought that we were going to seriously challenge the Old Firm in the immediate future surely by now must have got the message.

So we are starting off looking at 3rd being a decent season, rather than where we have started off in the last 2 or 3 seasons.

I think next season will be truly transitional. Starting in the summer with a clear out, promoting whatever youth is ready and backing them up with a bit of experience from SPL or lower English league Bosmans and a coupe of foreign players I dare say. No big signings. No big money being spent. High earners all leaving and certainly no big name manager.(McGhee is at the very top end of my hopes for the manager job. Better than him (on paper) is simply not going to happen)

The manager is the key for me. Are we going to get someone who will get the time to develop the new squad or are we going to continue with the whimsical managerial rollercoaster and interference from the owner. It has to be someone new and they have to have at the very least control over training methods and weekly team selection (I'm not that bothered if Romanov decides who is coming or going or who gets disciplined for not signing contracts because that happens at loads of other clubs) But the manager MUST MUST MUST be allowed to pick the team from those who are fit and dont fall into the "failing to sign a deal" category. Anything else has bottom six written all over it given our new found financial restrictions.

If we get a manager (any manager) in sole control and the squad dismantle/assembly project falls together nicely, we've a decent chance of 3rd and an excellent chance of top six. There is nothing there to suggest to anyone that we'd do any better than 3rd or will make any attempt to raise our ambitions or capabilities beyond 3rd. Accept that at the start of the season (even if Romanov or anyone else tells us something different) and we might not be so bloody let down and disappointed as we were this season.

If Frail is manager he will get third spot. I can't see us bringing in a manager that will do better than that but we might get to watch better football with a new man in charge.

I predict Frail will continue as interim lacky and we will finish in the bottom 6 yet again, anyone think better you are deluded, sorry

The Real Maroonblood
]If Frail is manager he will get third spot.[/b'] I can't see us bringing in a manager that will do better than that but we might get to watch better football with a new man in charge.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hate Mondays but that certainly made me laugh.

chester copperpot

I cannot see us bringing in a manager next year, so will be stuck with Frail, who's coped well considering.

I see us hovering approximately in the same position that we are in this season, possibly making the top 6, but in terms of ability and results, not as good as Hibs or Dundee Utd, sad to say, but this is how I can see the season panning out with Frail in charge.

The cruckie cookie

New Manager and clear out of dross with new players = 3rd at least

Frail and same old dross = bottom 6 again.

I predict Frail will continue as interim lacky and we will finish in the bottom 6 yet again, anyone think better you are deluded, sorry

It could be argued though that had Frail been given control from the off we would have made the top six quite comfortably.

Not that I am saying Frail should get the job, far from it, but at least he's no Chernenkov...

We can have a look at what Frail has achieved at the end of the season and take it from there.

We have to surmise that Frail is learning all the time and will just get better and better as he picks up more experience in the job and therefore there should be an improvement of his results and the performances of his team next season.

Guest JamboRobbo

I predict we'll appoint Frail as manager and we'll continue to under achieve due to Vlad continuing to interfere in team selection.

Hackney Hearts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hate Mondays but that certainly made me laugh.

Frail's record since he took over - what league position would that have achieved?

Drylaw Hearts
Frail's record since he took over - what league position would that have achieved?

It achieved bottom 6.

Is this the same Frail that said we will win the next 5 matches (when he wasn't even caretaker manager incidentally) and we proceeded to get beat in all 5.

A basic error from Frail - EVERY Manager knows you ONLY look towards your next match - its standard practice. Not for the gallant Frail though - he knows better. 3rd spot - yeah 3rd bottom!

I think next season will be truly transitional. .

Good post

This line though is certainly the excuse which will be delivered if we are not firing on all cylinders

Problem is, we have been "transitional" since Burley was emptied and this excuse has been used by Romanov, Romanov lackies and Romanov apologists...

eg, change of managers and players in season one meant we ended in transition; change of managers. losing our captain and vice captain and new Kaunas players in season 2 meant we were in transition; change of manager and youth players towards the end of season 2 - transition. Squad rotation - transitional as players with little SPL experience are getting game time, results are going to be inconsistent. Increased reliance on youth players in season 3 - transitional

etc etc etc

We cant really claim to be transitional when the football mess we are in is self inflicted (which period of mess has already claimed to have been transitional)

this is heart of midlothian SPL football club we're talking about right!!!!!!:confused:

Hackney Hearts
It achieved bottom 6.

With a heavily handicapped start!

I'm completely against Frail getting the job, but you do have to accept that our form since he 'took over' would have achieved a respectable league position if applied to the season as a whole (unreliable yardstick, but all we've got).

Really it's just another indictment of the shambles that was going on for most of the season.

and clear the debt, and find a cure for cancer and bring about world peace....:rolleyes:

"... work with children and win Miss World?"

Oh ... forget the "work with children bit" ... too many potential Rix-ian jokes.

I predict-

Shaggy as interim coach.

Andrey,No 28,Jose,Zal all still to be hanging about.

Nade to get fatter instead off fitter.

Couple of Kaunas refugees.

A "who the feck is that" signing or two.

Vlad to give a press release about his intentions just to try and get fans back.

Pinilla and Kingstone away.

Beslija back,no one wants him.

Stewart to get the heave(came to close to the truth earlyer on this season).

And more shaking of heads at the mess we are in.

Oh and "real supporters" still trying to defend Vlad.

sandyseymour
I cannot see us bringing in a manager next year, so will be stuck with Frail, who's coped well considering.

I see us hovering approximately in the same position that we are in this season, possibly making the top 6, but in terms of ability and results, not as good as Hibs or Dundee Utd, sad to say, but this is how I can see the season panning out with Frail in charge.

I'm not as pessimistic with SF in charge as I once was.....his record is not that bad......my concern is that we desperately need at least 3 new players (minimum) and will we get them??? and if so who will identify them? (not Vlad I hope). I don't think any manager would do well with our current squad......silk purse and pig's ear come to mind!!!

rudi, i think you are being a bit strong there with the refugee comment and would expect you to get a warning. these are the same words used by hobo ratboy that angered us about the real rudi so do not lower yourself to that level, and kington has no 'e'.

kennygarland1

I predict we will be taken on a rollercoaster ride of emotion as is befitting this famous club:).

FWIW I think we will be comfortably 3rd at least.:)

rudi, i think you are being a bit strong there with the refugee comment and would expect you to get a warning. these are the same words used by hobo ratboy that angered us about the real rudi so do not lower yourself to that level, and kington has no 'e'.

Forgot about that sorry and Kingston might not have an 'e' but it does have an 's'.;)

Anyway, Kaunas rejects then.

I'm also optimistic for next season but not as much as him.

With Frail i think we will be fighting for 3rd for most of the season but it will be to much for us and we will fade away late in the season.

We will finish comfortably in the top six and above hibs. :)

We will get knocked out of both cups by other SPL teams.

If we get McGhee or another good manager we will run the old **** close for most of the season but again drift away late on. We will make 3rd easy.

Christophe Berra will grow a beard and suddenly people start to talk about him as being a natural captain.

Malinga the Swinga

I predict that if Frail stays as manager, we will win more than we lose and people will complain.

I predict if we get a new manager, we will win more than we lose and that within 6 months, the same people will complain.

best in the land

imo if frail gets the job we'll struggle for eufa place.

if we get an experienced manager,given the summer to rebuild,and pick the team without interference, even with half the current 12.5 mill wage bill. 3rd place should be comfortable.

days of splitting the old firm again are gone imo.

think though with vlad i'm afraid it will probably be more of the same:sad:

Why all the anti Frail stuff.

Its fine to want what would be perceived to be a more experienced manager but it seems to me there is something rather nasty about all the anti Frail stuff here.

I remember Frail as a great right back that helped keep Hearts up at a time when we were rotten, he is now doing his best with hands legs et al tied behind his back. Since the game at UTD when we got beat 4-1 have we lost to anyone outside the Old Firm in the league????

Yes we all want a great manager and Frail is probably not that man but he has been one great servant to HMFC and deserves a little respect!!

(Think that was my first rant on here… how did I do?)

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Only a Game
I predict that if Frail stays as manager, we will win more than we lose and people will complain.

I predict if we get a new manager, we will win more than we lose and that within 6 months, the same people will complain.

Winning more than you lose can still leave you in the bottom six, in fact by the end of this season we'll have won more than we lost (I hope)

Simply winning more than you lost is feck all to be proud of, gets you no where and people will quite rightly complain if we only just manage that next season as we will do this season (I think)

Why all the anti Frail stuff.

Its fine to want what would be perceived to be a more experienced manager but it seems to me there is something rather nasty about all the anti Frail stuff here.

I remember Frail as a great right back that helped keep Hearts up at a time when we were rotten, he is now doing his best with hands legs et al tied behind his back. Since the game at UTD when we got beat 4-1 have we lost to anyone outside the Old Firm in the league????

Yes we all want a great manager and Frail is probably not that man but he has been one great servant to HMFC and deserves a little respect!!

(Think that was my first rant on here? how did I do?)

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Quite right. Recent league form is respectable. What does Frail have to do to win over the support? Win with style? It's not as if we have a tradition of winning with flair. Who else could he have played up front? Hope he stays, but not yet as manager.

Archived