Donate a ticket to future Jambos

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I've had a few offers of U12 STs but I'm afraid folks that I think it would be very difficult to ensure that these wee used consistently. A lot of my parents wouldn't be happy about letting junior go on their own. Having spoken to Maple Leaf, I think it would be an option to either donate cash via JKB or I'm happy to take tickets for individual games - one Adult/1 U12 works best. I've already had a few match tickets donated so if you want to go down this route please do so - I'll be able to find good homes for them. I've already got a good relationship with Dalry Primary who received a few tickets last year, and I'm going to see if I can do likewise in Broxburn, South Queensferry and Linlithgow. So folks, over to you. Thanks as ever for all the donations received so far.

Dagger, if you need any help at all with anything then give me a shout. I know you must be extremely busy and I feel useless not having the cash to help with everything just now so the least I can offer is my time. I'm from Kirkliston so if you need help lliasing with local schools, even firing off emails, setting up some form of social media, then I can help. Just let me know :)

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dagger Is Back

• davemclaren

• hisnameis

• Rudolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back

Hey Shapes. Thanks very much for the kind offer. I need to sit down and think about what help I might need buy my heads currently stuck where the sun don't shine! :-) I'm off on hols on Wednesday too so will give it a bit of thought and give you a shout back. I do classes in KL and SQ so it would be very easy for us to hook up too.Thanks again you're a star

Dagger Is Back

A huge thank you to Pasha from JKB and K19 from Salt 'N'Sauce (http://saltnsauce.boards.net/) who have a 95% Jambo membership and always on the lookout for new Jambo members. They do have a few Hobos thrown in for Equal Opportunity reasons! These guys come up with ?375 to fund the purchase of an adult and U12 St today which is now being auctioned to my customers. They've both agreed that the proceeds should be ploughed back into the club through JKB. Pasha is in Thailand and K19 in Kenya so the Jambo family is truly worldwide.Thank you fellas. I'll let you know how the auction goes.

You're more than welcome Dagger and thanks for doing all the admin for the ST purchase. Greatly appreciated - and good luck with the ST auction and your other initiatives!

Dagger Is Back

I've just had the pleasure of making a number of donations to the fund totalling ?685.

JKB poster Jambo6587 donated enough funds to purchase a pair of adult/U12 STs costing ?375, and these were auctioned to my customers at www.enjoy-a-ball.com. These raised an unbelievable ?375 and these funds have been donated to the cause.

JKB posters, Pasha and K19, also sent me enough funds to purchase an adult and U12 ST costing ?375. These tickets were again auctioned amongst my customers, and the winners bid a fantastic ?310. These monies have now been paid to our fund.

I'd like to thank our donors, not only for their generosity but also for trusting me enough to send funds to me, to allow me to purchase the tickets and deal with the admin.

I'd also like to thank those that bid for the tickets. The auction was done in good spirits with the sole intention being to raise additional funds for OUR club.

I've just had the pleasure of making a number of donations to the fund totalling ?685.

JKB poster Jambo6587 donated enough funds to purchase a pair of adult/U12 STs costing ?375, and these were auctioned to my customers at www.enjoy-a-ball.com. These raised an unbelievable ?375 and these funds have been donated to the cause.

JKB posters, Pasha and K19, also sent me enough funds to purchase an adult and U12 ST costing ?375. These tickets were again auctioned amongst my customers, and the winners bid a fantastic ?310. These monies have now been paid to our fund.

I'd like to thank our donors, not only for their generosity but also for trusting me enough to send funds to me, to allow me to purchase the tickets and deal with the admin.

I'd also like to thank those that bid for the tickets. The auction was done in good spirits with the sole intention being to raise additional funds for OUR club.

Yet again mate, that's fantastic. Well done to all involved. :thumbsup:

hi there fellow jambos I am currently looking to set up a 5 side fundraiser at the power league at sighthill Edinburgh the date would be 14th of july. I need to find out if there are between 15/20 teams that would be willing to play, price is still getting looked at but I am thinking roughly ?50/75 a team? which is 10/15 per person, I am also working on trying to getting some old players to come along and either enter a team or present prizes at the end of the day, i am currently trying to do this myself but would love to get some help creating a poster etc, please let me know if you would be interested in getting a team together. please message me directly and i can give you my email address. thanks again

hi there fellow jambos I am currently looking to set up a 5 side fundraiser at the power league at sighthill Edinburgh the date would be 14th of july. I need to find out if there are between 15/20 teams that would be willing to play, price is still getting looked at but I am thinking roughly ?50/75 a team? which is 10/15 per person, I am also working on trying to getting some old players to come along and either enter a team or present prizes at the end of the day, i am currently trying to do this myself but would love to get some help creating a poster etc, please let me know if you would be interested in getting a team together. please message me directly and i can give you my email address. thanks again

Already up for this via a mate. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

A HUGE thank you to Boof who has purchased an adult/U12 ST for the coming season. He has kindly donated these tickets to this scheme and the tickets will be used by a number of different people on a rotational basis. We're hoping that people will make a small donation in return, with these funds being used towards the purchase of another pair of STs for next years campaign. Thanks again David you're a legend.

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back

More thank yous!

This time to Detty 29 who donated an adult/U12 ST to this scheme. These tickets were auctioned to customers of www.enjoy-a-ball.com and the winning bid was ?250. These funds together with kind donations from Neon Jambo and JKBs very own Ulysses, have allowed us to buy another pair of adult/U12 STs today.

These tickets are being donated to Dalry Primary school for their children to use.

Thanks fellas your generosity is hugely appreciated.

Dagger Is Back

I want to say another huge thank you to Mikey1874. Michael supported our scheme last season and turned up at my door tonight in the pouring rain clutching a pair of adult/U18 STs. He's asked that these tickets be used by as many children and their parents as possible. What we're going to do is partner up with two schools in the South Queensferry, Broxburn or Linlithgow areas and give children there the chance to attend a game with Mum or Dad. Thanks Michael for your generous donation.

Dagger Is Back

We're open again folks and very happy to find homes for any match tickets that you wish to donate for whatever reason. We found homes last year for 385 tickets with some of those kids now being ST holders in their own right.

• 4 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Just a wee update folks.

Thanks to the generosity of Mikey 1874, we delivered a pair of adult/U12 STs for the season ahead, to Springfield Primary in Linlithgow yesterday which will be used by their kids.

We also delivered a pair to Dalry Primary and these were funded by Uly, Neon Jambo and Detty29.

Take a bow fellas.

I can tell you that the teachers I met yesterday were chuffed to bits and very grateful for your gesture.

• 2 weeks later...

Whole family is up the road for a wedding when we're at home to Dundee Utd at end September. I have 3 adult and 2 U12 tickets together in section A. if there's someway I could get printed tickets of these to you would you manage to use them? Not asked the TO yet if this is possible but I'm hoping they'll do it.

Dagger Is Back

Whole family is up the road for a wedding when we're at home to Dundee Utd at end September. I have 3 adult and 2 U12 tickets together in section A. if there's someway I could get printed tickets of these to you would you manage to use them? Not asked the TO yet if this is possible but I'm hoping they'll do it.

Hi mate.

That would be brilliant. Many thanks. Even if they could do it over the phone for you by removing the games from your STs and then issuing E tickets which you could then forward to me.

Would save a journey or two.

• 3 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Understandably, things have really slowed down when it comes to this scheme.

Given FOH, our own personal ticket purchases, unused match STs being donated back to the club, corporate raffles etc. it's hardly a surprise.

It may well be time to wrap up this thread but just today that we're still very grateful to receive ticket donations and we'll certainly find a home for them.

Dagger Is Back

Got the 5 tickets for Saturday sorted so you can dish them out. 3 adult, 2 u12. Will PM you details tonight about how to collect etc.

That's really kind of you mate. Thank you. Have sent you a PM.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
Dagger Is Back

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Rudolf for yet another very kind gesture of 2 pairs of adult/U12 tickets for Sundays game and another pair for the ICT game.

Thank you very much

Son Of Anarchy

I love threads like this.Brilliant work here Paul. Ensuring future generations of supporters is vital. Well done also to those who donate. Our supporters are special.

Dagger Is Back

A huge thank you to Jingle Bells who kindly donated an adult and U12 half season ticket today. Was good to have a beer with you Bill.

Cheers

Dagger Is Back

If folks have tickets that they're not using, I will take them and find homes for them.

Seems little point in giving them back to the club for them to resell to...............nobody.

Give them to me and I'll at least get a donation from the recipients with all funds going back to HMFC.

• 4 weeks later...
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've got a spare u12 ST for tomorrow, if someone's got a ticket & wants to take their kid for free they can use it. Give me a PM & I can meet you before the game.

Dagger Is Back

I've got a spare u12 ST for tomorrow, if someone's got a ticket & wants to take their kid for free they can use it. Give me a PM & I can meet you before the game.

Sorry mate just picked up your post just now.

Thanks for the offer though.

• 3 weeks later...
Dagger Is Back

Huge thank you to Swindonjambo who has donated an adult/U12 ticket for the ICT game. They've gone to a massive Jambo family!

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Dagger Is Back

Given that the main objective of this initiative was to raise funds to save our club, a HUGE thanks to everyone for their trust and generosity. There ar far too many people to mention but you know who you are.

Thank you

Given that the main objective of this initiative was to raise funds to save our club, a HUGE thanks to everyone for their trust and generosity. There ar far too many people to mention but you know who you are.

Thank you

And a massive thanks to you Paul for spending so much time and giving so much effort to this thread!

Im currently onto my 5th beer and am sitting here at almost 10pm reading kickback with a massive smile on me puss!

Cheers matey!

Edited by Pasha

Without going through all this thread, where are the tickets being donated to?

'Dagger Is Back' works with kids in the Lothians and distributes tickets to them, generally along with an adult ticket so someone can take them.

I wrote a bit about the further details here, should make it a bit clearer: http://paint-the-town-maroon.co.uk/this-is-tynecastle-lets-make-some-noise/

Dagger Is Back

'Dagger Is Back' works with kids in the Lothians and distributes tickets to them, generally along with an adult ticket so someone can take them.

I wrote a bit about the further details here, should make it a bit clearer: http://paint-the-town-maroon.co.uk/this-is-tynecastle-lets-make-some-noise/

Cheers Laurie.

Through my work I've also got loads of contacts in school, Dalry Primary, being one of them and tickets have been sent there. We've had STs which have been donated to Springfield and Linlithgow Primary Schools too.

Tayside Jambo

Cheers Laurie.

Through my work I've also got loads of contacts in school, Dalry Primary, being one of them and tickets have been sent there. We've had STs which have been donated to Springfield and Linlithgow Primary Schools too.

Wish this was around when I was at Sprinfield. Instead we got occasional free tickets to Livi games in the late 90's early 2000's

Dagger Is Back

Big thank you, once again, to Detty29 for the kind donation of a pair of adult/U12 tickets for todays game.

They've gone to a very good Jambo home.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks once again for the Killie tickets Dagger. The wee one absolutely loved it. Decent first match for her!

Dagger Is Back

Thanks once again for the Killie tickets Dagger. The wee one absolutely loved it. Decent first match for her!

Glad she enjoyed it mate. Hopefully you'll get the chance to take her again.

Dagger Is Back

I've had a few, why not?

Thank you to everyone for what you've done, via this thread, to save our club. From THAT game against St Mirren, all the way up to Wednesday against Partick Thistle. The generosity and trust shown has been overwhelming.

I've got stories and memories to be able to write a book and make some new friendships along the way.

Take a bow fellow arseholes.

• 1 month later...
Dagger Is Back

Bloody hell it's started again!

Huge thanks to Mikey1874 who has today purchased an adult/U12 ST which he has donated to this initiative. It's not the first time he's done this either.

I know you're a quiet lad, but take a bloody bow!

I'm a bit less quiet now we're starting off on our new adventure.

Thanks Dagger for the mention and well done for continuing to commit to co-ordinating this small but significant part of our support for the club. Best wishes for the new season.

Dagger Is Back

One of our posters kindly purchased a pair of adult/U12 STs for last season and donated them to Dalry Primary. This is the letter I received today, written by a P7 pupil on behalf of the school.