Frail - You just don't get it do you?

siegementality

Charlie-Brown
Where you Joseph Goebbels in another life?

I don't believe in re-incarnation so no I don't think so - were you?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality
Murray also had a very public dispute between his manager and captain.

He sided with the player and the manager left.

I'd love to see your reaction if that happened at Hearts.

We'd need a manager first.

Nookie Bear
So not only do you know everything about the finanicial organisation of Hearts but you know everything about the financial organisation of Hubz. You're some boy.

er....common knowledge and widely said by many hobos.

Charlie-Brown
So not only do you know everything about the finanicial organisation of Hearts but you know everything about the financial organisation of Hubz. You're some boy.

John Collins gave a 90 minute special interview all about his time at Hibs on BBC Sportsound on a thursday nite back in January or February - it was quite interesting ..... he didn't have much good to say about Petrie or his approach - but he discussed Hibs finances in some depth.

Guest casper
er....common knowledge and widely said by many hobos.

There is a massive difference between a board/chairman selling players to pay off debt etc and a board/chairman freezing out players who they want to resign and still have 14 months left on their contract or sending faxes saying what the team will be.

siegementality
John Collins gave a 90 minute special interview all about his time at Hibs on BBC Sportsound on a thursday nite back in January or February - it was quite interesting ..... he didn't have much good to say about Petrie or his approach - but he discussed Hibs finances in some depth.

So by your reasoning Collins is anti Hubz.

Part of the problem is that some people on here have backed themselves into such a corner with their constant criticism of Romanov (albeit a lot is justified) that if he succeeds they lose face. So, now in actual fact they want him to fail completely, which to me is warped logic as it ultimatley means Hearts fail.

I could see a scenario where things turned round, but these people stopped supporting the club.

The other thing is when you **** and moan about every single non-issue people no longer listen about the real problems.

The club and the Romanovs have made a ton of mistakes over the last couple of years, however, as I have posted several times over the last couple of days, things have been progressing fairly well since January.

Team selections now have a definable logic to them and youth is getting its chance.

The final position would certainly seem to have improved in the current financial period.

The stadium application is progressing through the myriad bureaucracy of local government.

Yet there are some who post on this website who would rather the club die than turns things around as we have done in the last 6 months.

We are told that next season can result in nothing other than relegation, yet since 1 January we have shown the form of a 3rd place side despite the lack of a strikeforce. But even these deficiencies are offering a window of opportunity to Gary Glen and Scott Robinson.

siegementality
I can show you plenty of examples from many threads where other posters complain about certain other posters constant negativity even on things that don't concern Romanov but they still post what I'd class as 'anti-Hearts' sentiment - that is my opinion.

See that's your biggest problem. You are the one who has lumped all things Romanov and all things Hearts together. You can defend things and make observations on things/people by using the old "that's my opinion" chestnut yet everyone else has to "prove it", "you show me", "facts".

I don't hate Hearts, I hate Romanov. So know you're straight eh?.

Charlie-Brown
So by your reasoning Collins is anti Hubz.

Well he was no longer prepared to work there.

Nookie Bear
There is a massive difference between a board/chairman selling players to pay off debt etc and a board/chairman freezing out players who they want to resign and still have 14 months left on their contract or sending faxes saying what the team will be.

I agree - my response was in response to someone questioning how NMH could possibly know why Collins walked.

siegementality
Part of the problem is that some people on here have backed themselves into such a corner with their constant criticism of Romanov (albeit a lot is justified) that if he succeeds they lose face. So, now in actual fact they want him to fail completely, which to me is warped logic as it ultimatley means Hearts fail.

I could see a scenario where things turned round, but these people stopped supporting the club.

The other thing is when you **** and moan about every single non-issue people no longer listen about the real problems.

Believe me I will be absolutely fecking ecstatic if Romanov makes Hearts a success. That will not stop me criticising him, or his regime, when they feck up.

If, or when, Romanov makes Hearts successful I will shake him by the hand.

siegementality
Well he was no longer prepared to work there.

So he's anti Hubz then? a straight answer would be nice.

maroonedinoz

QUOTE]

I don't think anybody WANTS Romanov to fail....its just that he has turned everything into a dog's breakfast ...and IS failing.

If he can turn it around good on him.

Unfortuantely I think, while we all hoipe that it will happen..its a bit like a Hibs supporter hoping for a Scottish cup victory.

Hoping for the near impossible..but not really with any confidence...

John Findlay

Hearts wont win the league with Romanov as custodian of the club. He will fail there. That puts him in with some good company as we have not won the league since 1959-1960.

When Romanov finally goes and he will his record will be no better and no worse than many who have preceded him. Which at the end of the day means that Hearts are still being Hearts.

John

John Gentleman
I'd agree with you that that applies to the majority on here but some people have worked themselves into such an anti-Romanov 'frenzy' that they now refuse to see any good at the club at all and are negative / anti (Hearts) now on almost every issue - every thread.

Petrie is Chairman of Hibernian FC.

Murray is Chairman of Rangers FC.

Vladimir Romanov holds no official capacity at HMFC. Vladimir Romanov, so far as I'm aware, is not even a shareholder in HMFC.

Therein, Charlie, lies the genesis of the web of deceit that has been spun for over 3 years. No small wonder that an increasing number of Hearts fans feel entrapped in this web and react accordingly.

Guest casper
Hearts wont win the league with Romanov as custodian of the club. He will fail there. That puts him in with some good company as we have not won the league since 1959-1960.

When Romanov finally goes and he will his record will be no better and no worse than many who have preceded him. Which at the end of the day means that Hearts are still being Hearts.

John

His record for spending and wasted opportunity for that lack of success will be much worse than those who proceeded him.

Nelly Terraces
Correct redm - some people on here will persistently agitate against Hearts on any / every issue.

Yeah, people like you and your puppetmaster the Lithumaniac.

Worse than hobos - get out my club, you've brought it nothing but shame and embarrassment.

thing is its normal in football for this to happen.

the problems arise when

1. its made public

2. interference has happened before(for other reasons)

3. the manager ridiculously tries to defend it as not interference

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It's completely normal in football for chairmen to instruct managers not to play contract rebels. But surely people can understand why this kind of thing might upset a Hearts fan more than the fan of any other team. Skacel and Fyssas dropped v Aberdeen, Tannadice, Miko consistently selected for almost 4 years - these things are not normal and seeing it happen yet again, no matter how understandable, is hugely frustrating. I am full of admiration for people who can separate these events and treat each one on its individual merits but surely nobody can blame anybody for being generally upset at Hearts' selection policy and allowing that to spill over into other areas where Vlad takes charge?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

In this particular instance, I consider it an outrage that this guy's agent demands ?7000 a week for one of the worst 'keepers I have ever seen at Hearts. I know that the price is just a negotiating point, but really even if he was to get half that, ?3500 a week, that is shocking for a below par goalkeeper.

However, it begs the question, what is he earning now and who made the decision to bring this guy to the club.

I would launch him asap. I would not pay him ?700 a week never mind ?7000.

So if Vlad is saying no to this then in this case I dont mind. But surely it should be a football decision ie, is this guy worth it and the footballing people at the club should make a decision. If he is wanted then name a price.

But I am sick of NMH pointing to "other" clubs and past "instances" at Hearts of "similar" scenarios. Nothing like this at Hearts has EVER been seen. One or two isolated instances from time to time, but at Hearts, it is the norm these days.

siegementality
In this particular instance, I consider it an outrage that this guy's agent demands ?7000 a week for one of the worst 'keepers I have ever seen at Hearts. I know that the price is just a negotiating point, but really even if he was to get half that, ?3500 a week, that is shocking for a below par goalkeeper.

However, it begs the question, what is he earning now and who made the decision to bring this guy to the club.

I would launch him asap. I would not pay him ?700 a week never mind ?7000.

So if Vlad is saying no to this then in this case I dont mind. But surely it should be a football decision ie, is this guy worth it and the footballing people at the club should make a decision. If he is wanted then name a price.

But I am sick of NMH pointing to "other" clubs and past "instances" at Hearts of "similar" scenarios. Nothing like this at Hearts has EVER been seen. One or two isolated instances from time to time, but at Hearts, it is the norm these days.

The ?7000 a week is the usual "the BBC understands" report. As a previous poster said could be a totally made up figure. Freezing players out achieves hee haw, in fact it is detremental in that who will sign for Hearts knowing that when their contract is due for negotiation they either accept what is offered or they don't play.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
The ?7000 a week is the usual "the BBC understands" report. As a previous poster said could be a totally made up figure. Freezing players out achieves hee haw, in fact it is detremental in that who will sign for Hearts knowing that when their contract is due for negotiation they either accept what is offered or they don't play.

That's a good point. The club might seem less attractive if this is done to every single player. Sometimes it's not a problem to not be able to reach a deal with somebody and just let their contract run down amicably, with them still playing. Levein seemed to manage this most of the time (Severin etc.). Also, what hasn't been mentioned a lot is that he still has 18 months of his contract left - it's not like the clock's ticking.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
That's a good point. The club might seem less attractive if this is done to every single player. Sometimes it's not a problem to not be able to reach a deal with somebody and just let their contract run down amicably, with them still playing. Levein seemed to manage this most of the time (Severin etc.). Also, what hasn't been mentioned a lot is that he still has 18 months of his contract left - it's not like the clock's ticking.

I suppose the fact that I think Basso is a disaster means that in this instance I would not mind him being launched.

But it is right that decent players will think twice about coming to Hearts in this environment. And the bullsh*t about if the money is right etc, well, we have seen the calibre of player brought in by our "scouting" network over the last two years. Overpaid garbage.

jambos are go!
I suppose the fact that I think Basso is a disaster means that in this instance I would not mind him being launched.But it is right that decent players will think twice about coming to Hearts in this environment. And the bullsh*t about if the money is right etc, well, we have seen the calibre of player brought in by our "scouting" network over the last two years. Overpaid garbage.

You seem to be keen on everything and everybody being launched out of Tynecastle including the supporters.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
You seem to be keen on everything and everybody being launched out of Tynecastle including the supporters.

How about you for a start, Superfan.

JamboRossi79
From the Daily Record

HEARTS boss Steve Frail has furiously denied claims Vladimir Romanov is still picking the team at Tynecastle.

The agent for former Auxerre keeper Anthony Basso says Romanov has ordered Frail not to play his client after he knocked back a new deal.

Basso, who has played just eight games this season, is looking for a staggering ?7000 a week to commit his future to the SPL club.

Frail confirmed Basso, understudy to Steve Banks, will not feature but only because Romanov has a policy not to look to players who won't sign new contracts.

Frail said: "The agent has gone to the Press, fine, and a lot has then been made about who's picking the team.

"But I don't see this situation as being interference from the owner in any way, shape or form. It happens at other clubs that if players don't sign contracts that are believed to be good deals they don't play.

"I have no problem with that at all. It's not interference, it's football business and I might have made the same decision myself."

For today's game against Inverness, Frail has added 16-year-old Scott Robinson to the squad that also includes Gary Glen, 18, who marked his first top-team start with a goal in last week's 3-2 defeat of St Mirren.

Frail hopes supporters will stick by the club and buy season tickets for the new campaign despite the disappointment of recent months.

He said: "Our fans have been first class through good times and bad and hopefully we'll be able to put a better product on the pitch next season and give a greater challenge."

Frail do yourself a favour and STFU, you are embarrasing yourself every time you try to pretend 'you're the man'. Being told by the owner not to pick a player who will not sign a new contract IS interference in every way, shape or form.

"It happens at other clubs" so fecking what. I think you'll find at most other clubs that it will be the managers choice. It also DOESN'T happen at loads of other clubs because the MANAGER doesn't want to cut his nose off to spite his face. Olaf Mellberg has all season been on his way to Juve, guess who still plays every week for AV, aye, that's a decision a proper manager makes.

Frail is fast becoming everything I now hate about this club. If this is the Romanov regimes offering as manager then I will never be back.

Good can you go away and stop boring us an on here as well or is that too much to ask. :)

siegementality
Good can you go away and stop boring us an on here as well or is that too much to ask. :)

Ah, the Romanov Revolution speaks. Still "believing"?.

Did Levein suddenly lose his 'baws' or 'backbone' when Pieman decided players like Petric & Jackson were not to be played again - or Jeffries when CPR wanted Paul Ritchie frozen out for refusing to sign a new contract cos he wanted to play for the Sticky Buns?

Was it Jefferies or the Pieman who froze out Ritchie?

And with Petric and Jackson it was the financial distress at the company which meant that they didn't play. Are Hearts in financial distress again?

I don't suppose you do irony, do you?

I don?t have a problem with us not playing players who are stalling on contract offers. It is a negotiation tactic, and it is perfectly logical to think that players who have reached an impasse on contract renegotiation are not fully focussed on their jobs. The management saying "X is not available" is just like the club doctor saying "X is not available".

Archived