Frail - You just don't get it do you?

siegementality

siegementality

From the Daily Record

HEARTS boss Steve Frail has furiously denied claims Vladimir Romanov is still picking the team at Tynecastle.

The agent for former Auxerre keeper Anthony Basso says Romanov has ordered Frail not to play his client after he knocked back a new deal.

Basso, who has played just eight games this season, is looking for a staggering ?7000 a week to commit his future to the SPL club.

Frail confirmed Basso, understudy to Steve Banks, will not feature but only because Romanov has a policy not to look to players who won't sign new contracts.

Frail said: "The agent has gone to the Press, fine, and a lot has then been made about who's picking the team.

"But I don't see this situation as being interference from the owner in any way, shape or form. It happens at other clubs that if players don't sign contracts that are believed to be good deals they don't play.

"I have no problem with that at all. It's not interference, it's football business and I might have made the same decision myself."

For today's game against Inverness, Frail has added 16-year-old Scott Robinson to the squad that also includes Gary Glen, 18, who marked his first top-team start with a goal in last week's 3-2 defeat of St Mirren.

Frail hopes supporters will stick by the club and buy season tickets for the new campaign despite the disappointment of recent months.

He said: "Our fans have been first class through good times and bad and hopefully we'll be able to put a better product on the pitch next season and give a greater challenge."

Frail do yourself a favour and STFU, you are embarrasing yourself every time you try to pretend 'you're the man'. Being told by the owner not to pick a player who will not sign a new contract IS interference in every way, shape or form.

"It happens at other clubs" so fecking what. I think you'll find at most other clubs that it will be the managers choice. It also DOESN'T happen at loads of other clubs because the MANAGER doesn't want to cut his nose off to spite his face. Olaf Mellberg has all season been on his way to Juve, guess who still plays every week for AV, aye, that's a decision a proper manager makes.

Frail is fast becoming everything I now hate about this club. If this is the Romanov regimes offering as manager then I will never be back.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Horatio Caine
From the Daily Record

HEARTS boss Steve Frail has furiously denied claims Vladimir Romanov is still picking the team at Tynecastle.

The agent for former Auxerre keeper Anthony Basso says Romanov has ordered Frail not to play his client after he knocked back a new deal.

Basso, who has played just eight games this season, is looking for a staggering ?7000 a week to commit his future to the SPL club.

Frail confirmed Basso, understudy to Steve Banks, will not feature but only because Romanov has a policy not to look to players who won't sign new contracts.

Frail said: "The agent has gone to the Press, fine, and a lot has then been made about who's picking the team.

"But I don't see this situation as being interference from the owner in any way, shape or form. It happens at other clubs that if players don't sign contracts that are believed to be good deals they don't play.

"I have no problem with that at all. It's not interference, it's football business and I might have made the same decision myself."

For today's game against Inverness, Frail has added 16-year-old Scott Robinson to the squad that also includes Gary Glen, 18, who marked his first top-team start with a goal in last week's 3-2 defeat of St Mirren.

Frail hopes supporters will stick by the club and buy season tickets for the new campaign despite the disappointment of recent months.

He said: "Our fans have been first class through good times and bad and hopefully we'll be able to put a better product on the pitch next season and give a greater challenge."

Frail do yourself a favour and STFU, you are embarrasing yourself every time you try to pretend 'you're the man'. Being told by the owner not to pick a player who will not sign a new contract IS interference in every way, shape or form.

"It happens at other clubs" so fecking what. I think you'll find at most other clubs that it will be the managers choice. It also DOESN'T happen at loads of other clubs because the MANAGER doesn't want to cut his nose off to spite his face. Olaf Mellberg has all season been on his way to Juve, guess who still plays every week for AV, aye, that's a decision a proper manager makes.

Frail is fast becoming everything I now hate about this club. If this is the Romanov regimes offering as manager then I will never be back.

Aw - don't be like that..

siege i think that is the point a lot of people are missing. Frail saying he might have made the same decision is a terrible admission that he has no choice over which players stay or go. VR is making these choices and IMO that is interference. These decisions should be up to the manager whether that is Frail, McGhee or anybody else

Charlie-Brown

Did Levein suddenly lose his 'baws' or 'backbone' when Pieman decided players like Petric & Jackson were not to be played again - or Jeffries when CPR wanted Paul Ritchie frozen out for refusing to sign a new contract cos he wanted to play for the Sticky Buns?

David McCaig

How is the Basso situation cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Basso is very much a rough diamond and after a couple of years of polishing, may well turn out to be an excellent keeper.

At present he is erratic to say the least, what benefit to Hearts is there in giving him a developmental platform in the first team if he doesnt want to stay!!!!!

Ideally, Jamie McDonald would be in goals for the last 5 games, but given that he is on a loan spell which has seen him be virtually ever present for QOTS in a season which will culminate in him playing in a Scottish Cup Final, its hardly the end of the world.

siegementality
Did Levein suddenly lose his 'baws' or 'backbone' when Pieman decided players like Petric & Jackson were not to be played again - or Jeffries when CPR wanted Paul Ritchie frozen out for refusing to sign a new contract cos he wanted to play for the Sticky Buns?

Petric and Jackson had appearance related bonuses in their contracts, which Hearts could not afford to pay. CPR "wanted" Ritchie frozen out, he wasn't, there's a difference.

Now jog on to the next thread to try and put some positive spin on it.

P.S. Sleeping well recently, I notice you've had to increase your hours on here with all the sheeite that has been happening. What's the overtime rate like?;).

Charlie-Brown
Petric and Jackson had appearance related bonuses in their contracts, which Hearts could not afford to pay. CPR "wanted" Ritchie frozen out, he wasn't, there's a difference.

P.S. Sleeping well recently, I notice you've had to increase your hours on here with all the sheeite that has been happening. What's the overtime rate like?;).

Robinson, Petrie, Murray have all made / make business decisions that impact on their managers team selection - that is football 'business' - it can also be called 'interference' because whatever the reason be it financial or contractual it places some restrictions on who the manager can and cannot select.

As for your last paragraph it's not even worth commenting on - just your usual thought-terminated cliche's.

siegementality
How is the Basso situation cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Basso is very much a rough diamond and after a couple of years of polishing, may well turn out to be an excellent keeper.

At present he is erratic to say the least, what benefit to Hearts is there in giving him a developmental platform in the first team if he doesnt want to stay!!!!!

Ideally, Jamie McDonald would be in goals for the last 5 games, but given that he is on a loan spell which has seen him be virtually ever present for QOTS in a season which will culminate in him playing in a Scottish Cup Final, its hardly the end of the world.

Do I really have to explain that?, oh well, here goes, Hearts play Basso's wages, he will be paid wether he plays or not, deliberately not playing him even though he will be paid is cutting your nose off to spite your face. It's been done to Webster, Tall and others, it achieves hee haw.

Further, MacDonald is irrelevant as he is with QOS til the rest of the season as you said. Barring the SC semi how many times have you actually seen him play?.

maroonedinoz

We are an absolute mess..with the 'manager' basically confirming he is not allowed to put out the side he would choose without interferene..and yet we STILL ge tpeople on here defending this kind of action!

sometimes I wonder if its worth the angst!:evilno:

Charlie-Brown
We are an absolute mess..with the 'manager' basically confirming he is not allowed to put out the side he would choose without interferene..and yet we STILL ge tpeople on here defending this kind of action!

sometimes I wonder if its worth the angst!:evilno:

Would Levein have picked Darren Jackson without Robinson's 'interference' & what about all those times Stamp & Mahe became mysteriously 'injured' for weeks on end when Pieman was savagely cutting costs.

ArmiyaRomanova

As opposed to your negative spin on this one?

This could be looked on as the club NOT willing to be held to ransom by manipulative agents, which I'd say is a good thing. Especially regarding a moderately promising but obviously unfinished article like Basso.

You got your running pants on too?

siegementality
Robinson, Petrie, Murray have all made / make business decisions that impact on their managers team selection - that is football 'business' - it can also be called 'interference' because whatever the reason be it financial or contractual it places some restrictions on who the manager can and cannot select.

As for your last paragraph it's not even worth commenting on - just your usual thought-terminated cliche's.

Brilliant, pure comedy gold, now you've dragged Petrie, whose team are in the top six, have no debt, an owned outright training ground and whose new stand will be built before ours, and Murray, I won't even wasting my time listing his achievements at Rankers, into this. Both these people have forgotten more about running a football club than Romanov will ever know.

Your constant defending of this regime is making you look like the biggest tit on this board. Have a wee word with yourself FFS.

siege i think that is the point a lot of people are missing. Frail saying he might have made the same decision is a terrible admission that he has no choice over which players stay or go. VR is making these choices and IMO that is interference. These decisions should be up to the manager whether that is Frail, McGhee or anybody else

Agreed.

Whether or not VR is making a correct decision, we are being told yet again that it is he who will make the decisions, nobody else.

siegementality
Would Levein have picked Darren Jackson without Robinson's 'interference' & what about all those times Stamp & Mahe became mysteriously 'injured' for weeks on end when Pieman was savagely cutting costs.

Charlie, behave yourself, you know as well as I do that Leviens MAIN responsibility was to cut the wage bill at Hearts. He knew that and accepted that as part of his job. He achieved that. So don't give me this pesh about Levein, it is entirely different. Levein knew the score.

Charlie-Brown
Brilliant, pure comedy gold, now you've dragged Petrie, whose team are in the top six, have no debt, an owned outright training ground and whose new stand will be built before ours, and Murray, I won't even wasting my time listing his achievements at Rankers, into this. Both these people have forgotten more about running a football club than Romanov will ever know.

Your constant defending of this regime is making you look like the biggest tit on this board. Have a wee word with yourself FFS.

So you admit they 'interfered' on team selection then?

Nice abuse - you just can't help yourself can you! Lose the argument so get personal. :mad:

Charlie-Brown
Charlie, behave yourself, you know as well as I do that Leviens MAIN responsibility was to cut the wage bill at Hearts. He knew that and accepted that as part of his job. He achieved that. So don't give me this pesh about Levein, it is entirely different. Levein knew the score.

Who was making the decisions? Was Levein a puppet also? Doesn't Frail know the score?

Drew Busby !

Frail might trot out this kind of stuff in the media ... but the line he comes out with in various fans/footy dinners "behind closed doors" invariably alludes to interference. It's the latter that makes some people feel sorry for him.

Bottom line, he's a spineless compliant two-faced fool.

siegementality
As opposed to your negative spin on this one?

This could be looked on as the club NOT willing to be held to ransom by manipulative agents, which I'd say is a good thing. Especially regarding a moderately promising but obviously unfinished article like Basso.

You got your running pants on too?

FFS, every club is "held to ransom" during contract negotiations. Ask any chairman of any football club in the world how much he wants to pay his players, guess what the answer will be, as little as possible. It's been done by Romanov before, freezing people out achieves feck all, Webster had the last laugh, Tall has scooped 10K a week for doing diddley and Basso will get his pay until his contract expires and leaves, what has this then achieved?.

The point of my OP is that Frail is a spineless wee weasel who is trying to defend a situation that he has no control over. He'd be better keeping his mouth shut. What happens if Banks phones in injuried right now. Does Frail pick Basso off his own back or does he have to phone Romanov to ask permission to play him. THAT IS FECKING INTERFERENCE FOR THOSE TOO THICK TO UNDERSTAND IT.

Aside from the fact that this has been debated umpteen times already on various different threads over the last few days, are people forgetting that Frail is still caretaker manager?

David McCaig
Do I really have to explain that?, oh well, here goes, Hearts play Basso's wages, he will be paid wether he plays or not, deliberately not playing him even though he will be paid is cutting your nose off to spite your face. It's been done to Webster, Tall and others, it achieves hee haw.

Further, MacDonald is irrelevant as he is with QOS til the rest of the season as you said. Barring the SC semi how many times have you actually seen him play?.

The issue is that Basso is a less reliable keeper than Steve Banks and as such a poorer keeper. Given time Basso has the potential to be better than Banks, but what is the point in developing him if he doesnt want to stay.

Hearts at the moment are very much in development mode, so why play people who dont want to stay. This is also the reason for my reference to MacDonald.

siegementality
Who was making the decisions? Was Levein a puppet also? Doesn't Frail know the score?

Levein was making the decisions, based on football, what he could achieve with the resources available to him. He knew he had to get rid of the bigger earners. The difference in this case is wee don't want rid of Basso, we are trying to negotiate a new contract with him, he thinks he's worth A, Romanov thinks he is worth B. The net result isn't meet half way, attempt to resolve the situation, no appears to be take it or leave it and you're not playing meantime.

As regards Frail, yes he does know the score. He knows he's very lucky to be where he is, he isn't there on merit, he hasn't earned the job, he isn't qualified for the job and knows the only way to keep in is to be spit roasted by the Romanovs on an almost daily basis. He knows what he has to do alright.

maroonedinoz

There is no doubt that you will at some point be be awarded Lithuania's equivalent of the DCM for your continuing support of the cause;)...

siegementality
The issue is that Basso is a less reliable keeper than Steve Banks and as such a poorer keeper. Given time Basso has the potential to be better than Banks, but what is the point in developing him if he doesnt want to stay.

Hearts at the moment are very much in development mode, so why play people who dont want to stay. This is also the reason for my reference to MacDonald.

Basso hasn't said he didn't want to stay. Contact negotiations have broken down. Basso wants to stay. He wants paid XXX, Romanov has offered XX. Esy as that.

As for Hearts being in the development mode, please. Young players are now being played because we are sheeite, that's because for the 3/4's of the season before we were in the "we're a fecking shambles, with no manager and a sheeite team" mode.

Drylaw Hearts

I think CL worked in tandem with CPR on these matters.

The cost cutting began when CL arrived yet he managed to wheel and deal and bring in players from the EPL such as Stamp and Maybury.

Plus Mahe from Celtic.

All of these players would have been on very decent salaries.

FWIW, I don't think CPR had to tell CL to stop playing Petric or Jackson - all it required was common sense.

Petric was a terrible, terrible CH and I'm pretty sure CL figured out for himself that Petric had to go.

As for Jackson - if he'd played 1 more match a clause would have kicked-in ensuring he got another 1 year deal.

IIRC, Jackson was one of the players CL slated after a poor performence at Pittodrie.

Chairmen/Owners do interfere/advise when need be.

Murray told McLeish if he played Micheal Ball in one more match Everton would be due another ?600,000.

They both agreed it wasn't in either of their interests to pay anymore money for Ball. A deal was then brokered by the player and Everton to allow him to continue to play for Ranger. Albeit for only a few more matches.

siegementality
Aside from the fact that this has been debated umpteen times already on various different threads over the last few days, are people forgetting that Frail is still caretaker manager?

RR was quoted at the AGM as saying "give our man a chance". Frail appears to be the manager in waiting. Given the amount of grovelling he does there is absolutely no doubt he is "their man".

davemclaren

Chairman etc... have always interfered to a larger or lesser degree. Hearts didn't invent the term 'put him in the shop window'.

However, it does seem to happen at Hearts significaatly more than anywhere else in the UK. :)

I don't have a problem with clubs not playing players who won't be at the club next season in the final 6 months of their contract.

It has, after all, been this club's policy for a few seasons now so I fail to see why the thread starter is going so mad about it now.

Then again, I'm not an abusive tosser looking to put a negative spin on absolutely anything that comes out of the club despite no longer being a supporter of the club.

jambos are go!
Petric and Jackson had appearance related bonuses in their contracts, which Hearts could not afford to pay. CPR "wanted" Ritchie frozen out, he wasn't, there's a difference. Now jog on to the next thread to try and put some positive spin on it.

Jeffries wanted to take the ?1million Advocaat offered for Ritchie but CPR wanted more and got nothing. Sounds a bit like Boardroom room interference - surely not!!!!

Charlie-Brown
There is no doubt that you will at some point be be awarded Lithuania's equivalent of the DCM for your continuing support of the cause;)...

It's got nothing to do with me - what I fail to understand is why people conveniently forget that previous managers often had club policy implemented on them from top-down and that 'interfered' on their team selections - or if they acknowledge it happen(s) they defend the clubs previously similar decisions but decry them now.

In the past Hearts chairman have dictated that X, Y or Z wasn't to be played.

A. Petric & Jackson was financial reasons

B. Paul Ritchie was contractual reasons

C. Jim Weir & Gary McSwegan were frozen out & treated disgracefully becuase they wouldn't agree to transfers.

D. Neil McCann & others weren't played pending transfers

E. Stamp, Mahe & other high earners were often mysteriously 'injured' and lower cost players played instead.

F. Players have re-appeared after a long absence to be showcased to watching clubs.

For the hard of understanding all these things amount to INTERFERENCE - all happened at our club and similar things elsewhere - most are BUSINESS decisions that managers have to accept as part of their job.

Did you miss this part of the January 1st statement?

In the interim Stephen Frail will assume the "caretaker manager" role at Hearts with full responsibility for team selection and coaching of the first team squad.

cambuslangjambo

Frail is in a very bad situation IMO, what choice does he have, if he walks away then how will it look for his future employer? He has a family and a mortgage like the rest of us too, it's easy for us to criticize him when we are not in the same position as he is. I don't think he should be the permanent manager either, but why do we always have to knock someone who is trying to do what he thinks best for the club :mad: (VR excluded from that comment)

siegementality
So you admit they 'interfered' on team selection then?

Nice abuse - you just can't help yourself can you! Lose the argument so get personal. :mad:

How exactly did Petrie interfere with the team? By selling players who came through their youth system for a huge profit?, to ensure the club is debt free, owns it's own training ground, is about to build a new stand.

Murray has spent more money in Scottish football than the rest of the Chairman put together. How has he intefered with the team?. the Michael Ball situation?, common sense. If McLiesh had told Murray he had wanted to play Ball and Ball had a future he would have played and the money paid to Everton. I am quite sure that McLeish didn't want ball.

Given Rankers are going for 4 trophies this season, have won more trophies in Murrays time at the club than we have won in our history and have spent millions of pounds on players like Hately, Laudrup Gasgoine, Mikilechenko, etc, he can hardly be slated.

As for getting personal, I apologise, however you really do need to have a word with yourself.

It's got nothing to do with me - what I fail to understand is why people conveniently forget that previous managers often had club policy implemented on them from top-down and that 'interfered' on their team selections - or if they acknowledge it happen(s) they defend the clubs previously similar decisions but decry them now.

C. Jim Weir & Gary McSwegan were frozen out & treated disgracefully becuase they wouldn't agree to transfers.

E. Stamp, Mahe & other high earners were often mysteriously 'injured' and lower cost players played instead.

F. Players have re-appeared after a long absence to be showcased to watching clubs.

For the hard of understanding all these things amount to INTERFERENCE - all happened at our club and similar things elsewhere - most are BUSINESS decisions that managers have to accept as part of their job.

Sorry, Charlie. Your continued, and utterly mystifying, campaign to persuade us that Hearts are run just the same way as other football clubs isn't working, and it never will. People just aren't that stupid.

Did you miss this part of the January 1st statement?

In the interim Stephen Frail will assume the "caretaker manager" role at Hearts with full responsibility for team selection and coaching of the first team squad.

Nope, didn't miss it at all...but he doesn't have responsibility for transfers/contracts etc and that's the pivotal issue here.

siegementality
Jeffries wanted to take the ?1million Advocaat offered for Ritchie but CPR wanted more and got nothing. Sounds a bit like Boardroom room interference - surely not!!!!

Rankers offered 950K, Robinson wanted more, correct. I haven't read anywhere that Jeffries wanted to take the cash offered.

Sorry, Charlie. Your continued, and utterly mystifying, campaign to persuade us that Hearts are run just the same way as other football clubs isn't working, and it never will. People just aren't that stupid.

I think that's the one thing that pretty much everyone here will agree on...there's nothing run-of-the-mill about Hearts or the way things are done.

Nevertheless, that doesn't mean that everything that happens at the club is completely off the wall either. People are determined to see bad intentions in every little thing that happens and that's really not the case. I'm not suggesting that it's the ideal way to do things, I'm just of the opinion that it isn't the end of the world when contract negotiations end up affecting team selections. Some perspective is needed here.

siegementality
More proof that VR is lucky with his enemies. They're a boorish bunch on here.

No-one can be lucky all of the time.

siegementality
I think that's the one thing that pretty much everyone here will agree on...there's nothing run-of-the-mill about Hearts or the way things are done.

Nevertheless, that doesn't mean that everything that happens at the club is completely off the wall either. People are determined to see bad intentions in every little thing that happens and that's really not the case. I'm not suggesting that it's the ideal way to do things, I'm just of the opinion that it isn't the end of the world when contract negotiations end up affecting team selections. Some perspective is needed here.

My point isn't even about team selections. My point is re Frail, " there is no interference in any way, shape of form". He just doesn't get it does he. He doesn't seem to see what the majority of the rest of us can.

jambos are go!
Rankers offered 950K, Robinson wanted more, correct. I haven't read anywhere that Jeffries wanted to take the cash offered.
Read more!!!!

siegementality
Thanks for that.

If someone like you thinks that then I'm doing alright.

"someone like you" :)

siegementality
Read more!!!!

Feel free to post a link of the Jeffries interview/statement on the thread to help me out.

Drylaw Hearts

NMH I have to disagree with you.

Petric was not dropped only because of money. First and foremost he was dropped because he was pi sh.

CL wanted rid of McSwegan and Jackson.

Paul Ritchie played the vast majority of matches he was available for Hearts in his final Season.

Stamp and Mahe were often injured and I don't really think them not playing was down to CPR wanted rid of them.

Charlie-Brown
How exactly did Petrie interfere with the team? By selling players who came through their youth system for a huge profit?, to ensure the club is debt free, owns it's own training ground, is about to build a new stand.

Murray has spent more money in Scottish football than the rest of the Chairman put together. How has he intefered with the team?. the Michael Ball situation?, common sense. If McLiesh had told Murray he had wanted to play Ball and Ball had a future he would have played and the money paid to Everton. I am quite sure that McLeish didn't want ball.

Given Rankers are going for 4 trophies this season, have won more trophies in Murrays time at the club than we have won in our history and have spent millions of pounds on players like Hately, Laudrup Gasgoine, Mikilechenko, etc, he can hardly be slated.

As for getting personal, I apologise, however you really do need to have a word with yourself.

Here is just one example http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/2987933.stm

jambos are go!
Feel free to post a link of the Jeffries interview/statement on the thread to help me out.

A bit late but I'm quite happy to seek the views of other posters but because I'm sure I'm right. If I'm wrong I wont past for a month if you'll pledge the same if your wrong.

My point isn't even about team selections. My point is re Frail, " there is no interference in any way, shape of form". He just doesn't get it does he. He doesn't seem to see what the majority of the rest of us can.

Well, yes...he could have been more careful with how he worded that particular statement but it's surely still clear what he's trying to say? Nobody is obstructing or impeding his team selection. That's how I took it anyway.

There's a big difference between the fax machine scenario and instructing that someone doesn't play for contractual reasons.

siegementality

Where does it say Petrie took that decision without the agreement of Williamson?. At least Willaimson confirmed the news, thus confirming he had knowledge of the situation.

Manager Bobby Williamson confirmed the decision had been taken on purely financial grounds.

He said: "The reason is simple - he won't be in my plans because he is on too much money."

as opposed to

Caretaker Manager Frails says "I might have done the same myself (taken the decision not to play Basso)".

The difference is, and the point your missing is, Basso is wanted, he isn't on too much money, he is negotiating a contract, toys have been thrown out the pram, Frail, whether he wants to or not can't play him, that's the difference.

Charlie-Brown
NMH I have to disagree with you.

Petric was not dropped only because of money. First and foremost he was dropped because he was pi sh.

CL wanted rid of McSwegan and Jackson.

Paul Ritchie played the vast majority of matches he was available for Hearts in his final Season.

Stamp and Mahe were often injured and I don't really think them not playing was down to CPR wanted rid of them.

I think Mahe & Stamp often didn't play because the club simply couldn't afford their higher wages at certain points when cashflow was tight and they were often mysteriously 'injured' yet suddenly okay again then out again....

Anyway the point wasn't to criticise Craig Levein as I think he did a great job as Hearts manager under difficult circumstances just as I think Frail is doing an okay job just now in difficult circumstances - it was more to point out that in the past Hearts Chairman have made decisions that impacted on the players available for selection to the manager - sometimes it was financial, sometimes it was contractual, sometimes it was transfer business, sometimes it was spite......all these things happened pre-Romanov too.

Drylaw Hearts
Where does it say Petrie took that decision without the agreement of Williamson?. At least Willaimson confirmed the news, thus confirming he had knowledge of the situation.

Manager Bobby Williamson confirmed the decision had been taken on purely financial grounds.

He said: "The reason is simple - he won't be in my plans because he is on too much money."

as opposed to

Caretaker Manager Frails says "I might have done the same myself (taken the decision not to play Basso)".

The difference is, and the point your missing is, Basso is wanted, he isn't on too much money, he is negotiating a contract, toys have been thrown out the pram, Frail, whether he wants to or not can't play him, that's the difference.

That is another worry.

siegementality
A bit late but I'm quite happy to seek the views of other posters but because I'm sure I'm right. If I'm wrong I wont past for a month if you'll pledge the same if your wrong.

I'll ask JJ, see what he says.

siegementality
That is a worry.

And that my friend is a whole different debate. Worrying that given the majority of people think he is gash, he is being offered a new contract. The worry is, he might just be the level of player we have now.

Archived