This is what Andy Driver brings and does for Hearts!

Its been a long time baby

The Great Khali

Zal, Driver, Barr and Webster are the only players who get pass marks so far this season.

Chuck in novi and I'd agree with that.

Thunderstruck

I am astonished that none of the critics above took time to note whether he was better on right or left yesterday because the manager switched them around during the game.

I forget, what side was Novikovas playing on when he scored - all this swapping sides, it's soooo confusing.

Driver and Novikovas both played decently yesterday - against a very packed defence. For those who think Novikovas shirks tackles - get real, he was tracking back very well and got in some good blocks.

AD is not playing well and hasnt for sometime now. I hoped he would regain his old spark but alas it doesnt look likely to return certainly not with us. A fresh start for both player and club would be my answer and he would be off the wage bill.

In saying that dont know why he was singled out today. Wasnt good but didnt stick out as particuarly bad. IMO the least effective and the one who constantly lost possession was taouil, tried the hard cross field pass too often and contributed to there 2nd goal

Near Post Zibby !

Driver is getting slowly back to his pre-injury form.But it will take time - how long did he miss ? A year ? Touch speed and confidence dont return instantly.Novi is skillful but really does lose heart too easily.

And whatever wingers play - in any era in any team - they are ALL inconsistent.Except Ronaldo and Messi maybe.Even Messi was a bit meh against Sellick

He's lost the one thing that got him by full backs in the past and that's pace!

He bulked up (physically) when he was injured and the nibbleness he had is gone.

But a decision has to be made on who plays on the left as his continued spell on the right (bar yesterday's second half) does him no favours. The few times he does get by a full back he struggles to provide a telling cross with his right foot.

He's a shadow of the player he used to be. No pace, no confidence. But it doesn't really matter since there's no one to take his place and he will most likely be gone in January.

He bulked up (physically) when he was injured and the nibbleness he had is gone.

I think maybe the nibbleness goes hand in hand with bulk.

Though actually, I think he looks in reasonable shape and contributes more than Novikovas, who has a great touch (and is more of a goal scoring threat) but seems to fade out of games at stages where Driver is still involved, tracking back. Driver's booking yesterday was not a sign of someone losing interest.

I can understand why Driver is kept on for 90 minutes.

I do think that both of them tend to go for glory at times, when a "simple" get to the bye line and cross (to whom?) is indicated.

Driver nearly scored a candidate for goal of the season at the end of the first half, too.

I do think that both of them tend to go for glory at times, when a "simple" get to the bye line and cross (to whom?) is indicated.

Driver nearly scored a candidate for goal of the season at the end of the first half, too.

If one of the wingers do get to the bye line then there should be at least 3 players in the box. The opposite winger, the striker and the attacking midfielder. It's about their desire to be there which for me seems to be lacking.

If the wingers have been told to stay wide at all times then McGlynn needs shot. They need to move in field when the play is on the opposite side, several times yesterday this did not happen. Get themselves in between the opposition full back and centre half.

Thunderstruck

If the wingers have been told to stay wide at all times then McGlynn needs shot. They need to move in field when the play is on the opposite side, several times yesterday this did not happen. Get themselves in between the opposition full back and centre half.

Neither inhabits the wide space full time. They will move to a more central position when the ball is on the other wing and will even change wings during the game - something, apparently, that a J McG team does not do. Their mobility caused County a lot of problems yesterday and, but for their keeper, they would have been on the wrong end of 3-0 by halftime.

The margins between success and failure in football are tight. So far this has been a season of "what might have been". If only Nish wasn't so feeble and hadn't fallen over, if only the referee had blown up after 93 minutes when we played ICT, and so on, if only McGowan hadn't had to leave the field against Killie. But we must avoid sounding like Hibs, who are fond of quoting the score there "should have been" based on play and imagined flair rather than adding up the goals, which are so eluding us this season. Lack of a goa-scoring threat not mainly the manager's fault though.

Snake Plissken

I miss Suso :(

Me too.

A fantastic wee player with a big heart.

He'd have made a big difference to us this season.

Archived