To the bloke who shouted "part time supporters"

Armadale Jambo

Jam Tarts 1874

It annoys me at the time when people up and leave like when County went 2-1 up as there was enough time to get back in the game . That's because at the game I am more emotionally attached to what's going on .

But afterwards its really that persons choice .

My old man was always a 5minutes from the end leave used to annoy me as I kid being rushed away maybe that's why I most often make a point of staying to the whistle .

It's not about whether or not there is enough time to get back into the game. For me it's about being sick and tired of watching very well paid professional football players display the level of incompetence that I have been witnessing all to much this season.

In the past when my first game cost me 30p to get in and I think my first game as an adult cost me 80p - the players were not paid all that much more than the average working man, therefore I felt the fans were more forgiving. I paid ?21.50 to watch yesterday, yet the product on display was not any better than what I used to pay 80p for despite the massive amounts of money some of the players are now being paid.

In my opinion the players did not deserve my support to the end.

It's not about whether or not there is enough time to get back into the game. For me it's about being sick and tired of watching very well paid professional football players display the level of incompetence that I have been witnessing all to much this season.

In the past when my first game cost me 30p to get in and I think my first game as an adult cost me 80p - the players were not paid all that much more than the average working man, therefore I felt the fans were more forgiving. I paid ?21.50 to watch yesterday, yet the product on display was not any better than what I used to pay 80p for despite the massive amounts of money some of the players are now being paid.

fair point, if fans decide to go early-fair do's, but if they upset other fans ie:kids or women by ranting and swearing then it's a bit disconcerting.

ToadKiller Dog

Fair point , I certainly don't buy into the idea that those leaving early are any less of a supporter . People take teir frustration out on what they see in different ways .

Jam Tarts 1874

fair point, if fans decide to go early-fair do's, but if they upset other fans ie:kids or women by ranting and swearing then it's a bit disconcerting.

I left very quietly - speechless in fact.

:(

Only time I left early, losing 2-0 to Rangers at half time. Said to my mate if they get 3 I'm off to pub. They got 3 about '50 min in, went to the pub. Its got SFA to do with anyone else.

We got pumped 4-0.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I've never left a game earlier.

Other folk can do what they want though. It makes no odds to me.

That should say 'early' :lol:

Don't leave early, but quite often looks like it when I move to the front to take advantage of vacated seats. Unless you've a train to catch leaving when there's one goal in it is bizarre. But you pays your money and .....

People who weren't at the game have no right to an opinion unless the reason they weren't at the game was sickness, caring for a loved one or they had to work. I wasn't at the game so I'm saying nothing.

... and those of us just a bit too far away to get there?

Leaving early is one thing, but disposing of your scarf onto the pitch is deplorable (don't know if this occurred this time).

I have only tried to leave one game before the end, unless there were away game transport rushes. It was rather early in 1973 and I tried to leave at half time. Couldn't find the exit, either through being off my face, gates being shut or being told by "authority" to get back.

Had to stay until the grim death. Fortunately, I can't remember much.

When Hearts are getting pumped or playing poorly it hurts , it bloody hurts and sometimes you loose the rational to say we might get back in the game etc etc, you just cant take the hurt anymore and storm out of the ground in a huff to the pub or home where I will stay in that huff for the rest of the weekend and bite the head off anyone who says its only a game.

Thats me.

I also lose the rag when playing as hearts on Fifa or Football Manager - Cant decide if it is true passion or just plain childish temper - either way I love my club and HATE losing

Have never launched my scarf and always come back for more :)

My auld man left with about five minutes to go, we usually stay till the final whistle but he said to me that he couldn't see us scoring and he headed off. I left just after the board went up for added time as it can take a while to get out of my stand and I wanted to miss the rush. Once I'm behind the stand and making my way to the exit, I hear the massive roar of our equalising goal, typical! Serves me right, but that's twice I've left early this season due to the poor performance of the team and I usually stay to the bitter end. A point is a point, but a draw against Ross County at home is simply not good enough, basically why I left early, disappointed at the teams performance as a whole.

weekend offender

People can leave when they want and its got fcuk all to do with anyone else,I'm a big lad and shock no one ever says anything to me when I leave early so I guess the arseholes shouting at people hand pick who they abuse ie easy targets in their opinion who will just ignore their cowardly abuse.

Improvement suggestion for the mods- We could make Kickback a lot tidier by just having super length threads on

• Lack of atmosphere
  • Fans leaving early
  • Away fans behaviour
  • One for every player to say they are ****
  • One for every player to say they are great
  • 5 - 1 Yaas
  • The Hobbits are **** because ...
  • SFA w***, w****, w****
  • Vlad is God
  • Vlad is a f****** crooked .... and we are in the ****
  • Sack the manager
  • Praise the manager
  • Youth not getting a chance
  • I'm a better fan than you
  • Match Officials
  • Official game thread

Sure there are others people can add but exactly the same points discussed on here EVERY week :rolleyes:

I never leave early but don't have a problem with those who do,what I do have a problem with is those that decide to leave but stand about blocking my view as we attack...if you want to leave by all means go but either stand in the stairwell or go back to your seat

Few seasons ago, Dundee United we were pumped 4-0, I left early. Talking to a fellow supporter afterwards, asking what time he had left at, he replied, he always stays to the bitter end "to exercise his democratic right to boo that pile of p i s h off the park"

Saw all the goals in the in the 4-4 game tho'. Extremely embarrassing for my then 11yo daughter, who was with me at the game, to see her dad crying with happiness on Gorgie Road.

jt

I left as soon as they scored the second, and I don't give a shiny ****ing shite what anyone thinks of that.

Abominable behaviour. I always stay to the end as I'm a masochist.

Prince Buaben

Left the game early to make sure the laddie I take to the games gets on the supporters bus. As he was once left behind when we left at full time. Although 9/10 we don't miss anything.

I had to leave after an hour today when we were one nil up. Got home to see we were 2-1 down :sob:

So you seen none of the 4 goals then?

:lol:

...I missed our equaliser.

:(

The People's Chimp

I hope you enjoyed that pile of mince today. You know hee haw about me and how much time I spend watching the hearts.

That team including the manager are a disgrace.

Obviously part time and can't stand the truth.

:sob:

When Hearts are getting pumped or playing poorly it hurts , it bloody hurts and sometimes you loose the rational to say we might get back in the game etc etc, you just cant take the hurt anymore and storm out of the ground in a huff to the pub or home where I will stay in that huff for the rest of the weekend and bite the head off anyone who says its only a game.

Thats me.

I also lose the rag when playing as hearts on Fifa or Football Manager - Cant decide if it is true passion or just plain childish temper - either way I love my club and HATE losing

Have never launched my scarf and always come back for more :)

I'm exactly the same. hate losing at anything. remember getting pumped off sellic 3-0 on opening day in the 90's. i bought a chippy and was in such a foul mood my old dear thought i was going to go through the plate cos i was stabbing it that hard. i also muttered a string of obsenities under my breath to myself between mouthfuls at how pish we were. apparently she just sat pissing herself at me.

I hope you enjoyed that pile of mince today. You know hee haw about me and how much time I spend watching the hearts.

That team including the manager are a disgrace.

Tbh if you are one of the 2 roasters that sits near me and have left early nearly every game after spending your entire time slating the team the fans ect then you are not even a part time supporter!! Real supporters support their team through thick and thin!! Yes we are all unhappy when things aren't going well but the last thing we do is turn on the team we support!!

I got this sheight at Murrayfield v AEK.......im not an early leaver when we are well in a game and have a chance to comeback or nick a win (i`ll never understand fol that do that?) , but i have left early when we are being well beaten. Who hasn`t?

But at the AEK game they literally scored with the last kick to nick the match. I even timed the injury time and knew it was pretty much full time, so i started heading for the exit. Some erse and his other half were giving it large, i mean, seriously being vociferous towards fans leaving.........big and hard eh? They weren`t when i stopped right at them as i passed and asked why they were being a pair of ti ts just as the final whistle went.......both of them turned into a pair of mumbling fecks because someone had the nerve to stop and confront them.....

Not saying im some sort of hardman or hero, far from it, but i cannae stand folk who happily shout the odds and think no one will say anything back, and when they do they haven`t got the baws to still have a go......

There has been more than one occasion when playing away,that we never even made it oot the pub!

Bus...pub...em...bus!

Any ambitions to move into the uberfan bracket were dashed many moons ago!

During the 2007/08 Season I always stayed to the end.

But that was mainly to avoid the rush.

In fact I never leave early but quite often turn up late.

Do people want to abuse me on this thread? or does that require another thread entirely?

Only left early once in my life.

We were in the middle of the Frail era I think, getting horsed 3-0 at home by oldco, and I think the sub that was made was in the 69th minute to try and change the game in our favour was to bring on zali-fecking-usis.

Now not my favourite player at the best of times but when chasing a game?? It ended 4-0 I think.

Much more enjoyed my pint in robbos than watching the rest of that game...

I left in 1984 when we were 5-0 down at home to Celtic. I left when we were 5-1 down to Partick Thistle in the mid-90s.

Missed Hearts scoring on both occasions, but dont really care. I have vowed never to see Hearts let in six (wasn't at Motherwell or Easter Road or Love Street).

maroonlegions

Stated to the end and witnessed Suttons majestic turn and shot , had my wee boy and girl and father in law with me, was great to see my two kids faces beam with joy as we scored the equalised,nae substitute for that.

I got this sheight at Murrayfield v AEK.......im not an early leaver when we are well in a game and have a chance to comeback or nick a win (i`ll never understand fol that do that?) , but i have left early when we are being well beaten. Who hasn`t?

But at the AEK game they literally scored with the last kick to nick the match. I even timed the injury time and knew it was pretty much full time, so i started heading for the exit. Some erse and his other half were giving it large, i mean, seriously being vociferous towards fans leaving.........big and hard eh? They weren`t when i stopped right at them as i passed and asked why they were being a pair of ti ts just as the final whistle went.......both of them turned into a pair of mumbling fecks because someone had the nerve to stop and confront them.....

Not saying im some sort of hardman or hero, far from it, but i cannae stand folk who happily shout the odds and think no one will say anything back, and when they do they haven`t got the baws to still have a go......

Reminds me of the time we were hammered (5-2 i think) by Dundee Utd at Tannadice. Leaving with only a few minutes left some young loudmouth teen about 17 or 18 was shouting comments at fellow supporters as they left, most of which ignored him or told him to "git tae" I was fumin and hoped he didn't say anything to me as i past but he couldn't help himself... "ya bunch o part-time ****** away and dinnae come back" So i couldn't help myself either, i grabbed him and dragged him up of his seat by the scruff o his neck and said " see that? (showin him my ST) that is a fekin season ticket ya prick, where's yours?" "Who the fk are you callin a part-timer?" I saw one of Tayside constabulary's finest comin towards me so dropped him back in his seat, he was in shock but i got the last laugh, the mates he was with started ripping the pish out of him, he was completely embarrassed and Tayside's finest said i should just leave and ignore him, he'd been getting watched by them throughout the whole match for his behaviour apparently. As i left i turned around and saw the polisman pulling him away from his mates to have words with him. Wee radge!

The only game I've left early was not even a hearts game but holland v Scotland the 6-0 game. Left at 4 made my way back to Amsterdam city centre and tried to block what I witnessed through a few vices. Turned out to be a better night.

People who want to leave early that's up to them. You pay your money your entitled to decide when to leave or stay. Someone mentioned earlier about being frowned upon for over celebrating the equaliser by fans around them well I celebrated that goal through utter relief like it was a win. I doubt if I will ever celebrate a goal against Ross county like that again.

mahgrassyshoes

Only left early once in my life.

We were in the middle of the Frail era I think, getting horsed 3-0 at home by oldco, and I think the sub that was made was in the 69th minute to try and change the game in our favour was to bring on zali-fecking-usis.

Now not my favourite player at the best of times but when chasing a game?? It ended 4-0 I think.

Much more enjoyed my pint in robbos than watching the rest of that game...

Just for clarity was that Zaliukas or Beniusis that came on?

jack D and coke

Anyone who shouts abuse at another fan for leaving early is clearly an absolute bell-end who is looking to start trouble.

It's got nothing to do with anyone else when someone leaves. We need all of the paying fans we can get at the moment so idiots trying to intimidate paying fans for leaving early is ridiculous behaviour.

True. The only time I've copped stick for it was leaving the millennium stadium in Cardiff when Scotland went four down. Me and the mates just wanted to get back on the batter it was a friendly but this fud wanted to start cos we were leaving. Cue a furious row with a kilted tammy wearing tit and that's as close as I've came to twatting my own supporters at a game. If you want to go then go. You pays your money...

Archived