Who introduced you to JKB?

gadgey55

For me, it was the nowadays user Robertson9 (?) about 1997. Probably missed looking at it (bar closing down) about 2 dozen times in the last 11 years!

Commander Harris

i'd edit that title while you can - if you click go advanced you can edit titles.

honestly can remember how I came to KB - which I did relatively late considering I've been on t'internet for about 12 years now.

think a non-posting mate that I go to the football with might have put me onto it actually.

For me, it was the nowadays user Robertson9 (?) about 1997. Probably missed looking at it (bar closing down) about 2 dozen times in the last 11 years!

Vladimir Kryuchkov he used to be there top boy in the 90's

I use to use it, when it was on the official site before it was JKB when Scott Wilson ran it, if I am correct in thinking that. So no-one introduced me to it really, more found it while using the Official site.

The Old Tolbooth

I think I just stumbled across it, glad I did though cos I've met a lot of good friends from here.

portobellojambo1
Who introduced you to JKB?

My PC, before I got the PC I just couldn't pick it up on cooncil telly, even when Sky came along still no fecking luck, then I got a PC and bingo, instant access.

In truth I cannot remember how or why I started using it, which is pretty frightening, because it was only about 3 years ago that I started.

Era Macaroons

KGB - has to be Boris

oh, u mean Kickback ....cannae mind,

wasnt it 'aw the rage' a few years ago untill so many folk were banned that nobody had anything left to talk about?

chester copperpot

A guy called Jambopete from my work.

Gawd wish he'd never now, as I've spent years on here in the last 4 years or so.

Ray Winstone

Another member when I was a fresh faced youngster in about senior 2.

Must have been about 2002 on the old Kickback which had a link on the official site!

When i used to work in Sunmicrosystems.Holiday camp of a place.Must have been 1999.Dave Gillespie was the No1 poster.Hearts(pieman) shut it down.How long ago was that.

Ray Winstone
When i used to work in Sunmicrosystems.Holiday camp of a place.Must have been 1999.Dave Gillespie was the No1 poster.Hearts(pieman) shut it down.How long ago was that.

Think it was about 2003ish.

Somebody posted details of his home address or something and was trying to organise some kind of attack on him/his property.

First started viewing as a young 'un on the original kickback not long before the club shut it as Robinson didn't like the heat. My dad was the one who told me the new independent one had been set up and I've been posting since.

More frequently as time has gone by it has to be said.

Legend Claws

Have been on since it first started back on the official site. Not sure when that was other than a long time ago! Could it be over 10 years?

Snake Plissken

through the official site not too long before it got shut down, have been on all the various incarnations over the course of 4 and a bit years.

Another member when I was a fresh faced youngster in about senior 2.

Must have been about 2002 on the old Kickback which had a link on the official site!

That's got to have been me, right?

I just stumbled across it; remember idly clicking on the "Kickback" button on the official site to see what happened; the rest is history.

I found out from Scott Wilson at some open day at Tynecastle around 95/96. I think there was some kind of stand thing that announced the new website and forum

I P Knightley

Used to hang around the BBC Sport discussion forum but that got pretty poor and I'd seen references to Kickback there which gave me a clue to look elsewhere.

haha!I got into kickback at the holiday camp that is sun microsystems linlithgow!worked there for 3years,what a canter!8hrs of kb a day!then the mugs put me through a fork lift course!!haha!mugs!

haha!I got into kickback at the holiday camp that is sun microsystems linlithgow!worked there for 3years,what a canter!8hrs of kb a day!then the mugs put me through a fork lift course!!haha!mugs!

Better when it was 12 hrs shifts.Never saw a place make so much profit,so little done.If you got fed up with kickback they had free coffee vending machines with sofa's for you to relax.Many a good kip on nightshift to be had when it got quiet on kickback.The start of a new quarter was great for this.

davemclaren
I was on another forum an they were slagging KB off so i popped on to see wat the fuss was all about

I find that hard to believe. :whistling:

I just remember looking online to find out where everyone was going to be drinking in Bordeaux...

And now Im never off the bloody thing.

• 3 months later...

I was looking at a site called Far From Gorgie, and first met Bill Duff, I am not sure if Bill mentioned it or if it was a link on his site, but that was all around 1998.

Carl Spackler

I found it myself. I don't know why.

I don't know anyone that posts on here but very probably do if you know what I mean!

To me Kickback is like Fight Club, I don't talk about it outside of it.:goofy:

Some guys in a bar in Bordeaux on the night before the game told me about it. Worst thing I ever did. Place is full of weirdo's.

I P Knightley
I found it myself. I don't know why.

I don't know anyone that posts on here but very probably do if you know what I mean!

To me Kickback is like Fight Club, I don't talk about it outside of it.:goofy:

Exactly the same.

If I start talking about something I've read here and someone says, "that's a load of bawlocks - where'd you come up with that??" My response is usually, "oh, it's something I read recently somewhere; can't quite remember where..."

An eerily long time go I was on the official website ran by Scott Wilson, clicked a link and signed up for the orginal Kickback forum while I should probably have been doing something constructive at school.

It continued to be the bane of my educational life throughout the rest of school and for four years and countless incarnations through university, maintaining its intrusion into my working life to this very day.

My brother introduced me a long time ago now!

The very first thread I read was about streakers for Hampdump for the 2006 final and I was laughing out loud at it!!! It was about Shona hearts doing a streak and they were gonna write sh on one butt cheek and na on the other!! Been hooked ever since so thanks to all :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I did it all by myself :)

First heard about Kickback from this lot going on and on about on the bus going to Braga.

Thought i'd have a wee peek when i got back.

Used to enjoy the BBC boards as well .

Fast and furious erm.......banter.

;)

Archived