Stephen Hendry

kennygarland1

Hope hendo wins

all this pish you here in the news that ronnie o`sullivan is the most natural gifted player ever is pi sh hendo wins the wc 7 times and doesnt get the respect it deserves, i wonder why?

I agree to an extent. Ronnie is ridiculously talented but you dont win as many titles as Hendry does without a bit of natural talent.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Hendry now through to the Semi Final after beating Day 13-7. Not bad for a 39 year old.

Looks like O'Sullivan in the Semi. Should be a cracker.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
yeah but ronnie aint guarnteed to go thru.

hope he does for the sake of a cracking semi final.

I know -thats why I said it looks like Ronnie in the Semi.

:kiss2:

I P Knightley
I know -thats why I said it looks like Ronnie in the Semi.

:kiss2:

Has anyone got a link to the smutty interview that RO'S gave a few weeks back?

Never one to shirk from a bit of smut, me, and I'm intrigued as to how far he went. Only ever got the reports that he'd been a bit saucy - good lad.

Has anyone got a link to the smutty interview that RO'S gave a few weeks back?

Never one to shirk from a bit of smut, me, and I'm intrigued as to how far he went. Only ever got the reports that he'd been a bit saucy - good lad.

just search for ronnie o sullivan on youtube and it should be one of the first ones that comes up - theres a few.

fancy a nosh? ;)

I flew down to Birmingham on the same plane as Hendry and his son last year. I was really surprised to see him waiting at the luggage carousel for his snooker cue to come off. I bet he'll never fly through Terminal 5 before a big tournament.

coppercrutch

Just watched the O'Sullivan incident.

It was fairly non offensive. All he said was "Wanna suck my di*k"

Nothing a bird down Easter Road would not love to hear. :)

I P Knightley
just search for ronnie o sullivan on youtube and it should be one of the first ones that comes up - theres a few.

fancy a nosh? ;)

Cheers mate.

Not sure I spotted any innuendo. Must've been quite subtle... ;)

coppercrutch
Cheers mate.

Not sure I spotted any innuendo. Must've been quite subtle... ;)

Eh he said "Wanna suck my d*ck"....

:rolleyes:

To be fair if I was in China I would be asking the same thing. Fair dos.

The Old Tolbooth

Cant believe Hendrys 9/2 to win the comp outright!

He's been playing well and Ronnies long potting aint been great, although he's been clinical when in amongst the balls.

Take it you have never actually played snooker in your life before??

More skill and technique in snooker than in football if you ask me.

I've played Snooker, Pool and Darts...Still doesn't make these GAMES a Sport, Why don't we Just include Dominos, Drafts and Backgammon as sports as well!! :cool:

I've never played Golf, Driven F1, played Basketball But I know THESE ARE Sports!! ;)

rossi_1983
I flew down to Birmingham on the same plane as Hendry and his son last year. I was really surprised to see him waiting at the luggage carousel for his snooker cue to come off. I bet he'll never fly through Terminal 5 before a big tournament.

It was since the terrorism threats, snooker players were forced to put their cues in the hold, when they had previously been allowed them on as hand luggage. Not Hendry's favourite subject, since he had the cue he had used since he was about 14, and which won him the 7 titles, broken in the hold of when he was flying to Asia one time :eek:

Cant believe Hendrys 9/2 to win the comp outright!

He's been playing well and Ronnies long potting aint been great, although he's been clinical when in amongst the balls.

9/2 overall seems pretty good, cos if he beats O'Sullivan, he will be a huge favourite to win the whole thing, since the other half of the draw was so much weaker.

A lot of the Hendry and O'Sullivan matches are won more by who is better mentally at the time, as they both know how good the other is, and that one mistake could cost them the frame, so it is down to who keeps their focus better and cuts out the silly mistakes. I really think Hendry can do this, as he has been so strong mentally throughout, whereas Ronnie knows he has not been near his best and I think Hendry is just the sort of player who will be able to exploit that in Ronnie

Ivan Drago

Great first frame from Hendry. Another poor safety from O'Sullivan in this one.

Does anyone know what Hendry and O'sullivans head to head record is like?

rossi_1983

Great start for Hendry

O'Sullivan looks a bit scared of leaving Hendry a chance, and as a result has turned down long pots he would normally take on

Say What Again

MASSIVE frame for Hendry there.

66-0 down after 8 reds and 8 blacks from Ronnie, Stephen takes the frame 68-66.

4-1 Hendry

vegas-voss
Come on Stephen!

3-0

3-0 is nothing these guys are that good that Hendry could win all 8 frames in a session and O'Sullivan could just come right back and real off twelve.I want Hendry to win but there is a hell of a long way to go.

Chance for 5-1 for Hendry here. He is playing well just needs to keep it up as Ronnie is always dangerous.

Just bloody snookered himself!

Say What Again
3-0 is nothing these guys are that good that Hendry could win all 8 frames in a session and O'Sullivan could just come right back and real off twelve.I want Hendry to win but there is a hell of a long way to go.

I wasn't suggesting it was anywhere near over :confused:

I was only posting the current score on the thread. :sad:

4-2. That was daft by Stephen in that frame. Totally gave that one away. As long as he wins one of the next two Ill be happy.

The Old Tolbooth

Ronnie didn't play too good in the first session and Hendry has to be unhappy at going in all square. Could be a big turning point as O'Sullivan tends to get stronger as a match goes on.

Say What Again
Ronnie didn't play too good in the first session and Hendry has to be unhappy at going in all square. Could be a big turning point as O'Sullivan tends to get stronger as a match goes on.

Totally agree John, I would fancy O'Sullivan strongly from here.

As ecjambo said, I would have much preferred Hendry to nick one of the last 2 frames and go in 5-3 up.

The Merse

I can't see Hendry winning.

Probably my pessimistic attitude kicking in but don't think he is good enough to beat O'Sullivan over 35 frames anymore.

Still a long way to go. Even if he shares todays session again he will be doing well. He cant let Ronnie build up a lead. As long as he matches him this afternoon then we could see some brilliant snooker on Saturday. Good luck today Stephen

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Hendry now 8-4 down having lost 7 on the spin.

It looks over now. Can't see him making a game of it now.

12-4 down at the end of this session. I thought he started at 2.00 today. Looks as if its Ronnie for the final now. Would have to be a magical comeback if Stephen is going to get through. He'll just have to play one frame at a time now and try to forget about the score.

Chip Douglas
12-4 down at the end of this session. I thought he started at 2.00 today. Looks as if its Ronnie for the final now. Would have to be a magical comeback if Stephen is going to get through. He'll just have to play one frame at a time now and try to forget about the score.

Whilst I didn't see any of this morning's play, a lot of Hendo's current problems stem from his inability to play tight when required.

He'll just keep going for the speculative shots and if he's off form, the Rocket'll just pick him off and clear up, as has been shown this morning.

Hendo's game suits the Rocket to a tee. He needs to be prepared to tone down his attacking game and "Ebdon" Ronnie to stand a chance.

I fully expect this will be over tonight with a session to spare, which is really disappointing.

Goonieref
Whilst I didn't see any of this morning's play, a lot of Hendo's current problems stem from his inability to play tight when required.

He'll just keep going for the speculative shots and if he's off form, the Rocket'll just pick him off and clear up, as has been shown this morning.

Hendo's game suits the Rocket to a tee. He needs to be prepared to tone down his attacking game and "Ebdon" Ronnie to stand a chance.

I fully expect this will be over tonight with a session to spare, which is really disappointing.

Everything you say is spot on.

Not 2 clued up on my snooker but Stevo makes it 13-5 with a 140.

It begins....

The Old Tolbooth

13-6 now, if he can win the next 3 sessions 3-1 then it would drag him back into it, huge ask though.

Chip Douglas

I'm hoping this year at the Crucible has ignited an Indian Summer for Hendo as he's one of my all time favourite sports personalities.

There wasn't much he could do tonight to claw his way back into it as Ronnie was simply outstanding and the luck was clearly favouring one man only.

That said, Ronnie is a disrespectful jerk-off for breaking off in the ultimate frame left handed.

Hendo is a true gent and was the first to indicate his awe at how Ronnie had played during the game.

rossi_1983
I'm hoping this year at the Crucible has ignited an Indian Summer for Hendo as he's one of my all time favourite sports personalities.

There wasn't much he could do tonight to claw his way back into it as Ronnie was simply outstanding and the luck was clearly favouring one man only.

That said, Ronnie is a disrespectful jerk-off for breaking off in the ultimate frame left handed.

Hendo is a true gent and was the first to indicate his awe at how Ronnie had played during the game.

I ain't a Ronnie fan, but he breaks off every frame now left-handed. He finds it is more consistent

Hendry is the greatest ever snooker player, but a Hendry past his best doesn't stand a chance against Ronnie in that form

I really hope though that Hendry's performance this week can inspire him to win more tournies, as he has proved he can still compete at the top level, and O'Sullivan can't sustain that level, so even Hendry playing like he did today will be very succesful

Fair played to Ronnie. I can not stand him as a person, but his snooker is brilliant at times. Well done to Stephen for getting to the semi finals and reminding us of his better times as a snooker player. If he keeps playing like the way he has over the past two weeks maybe more titles will be his. Would love to see him win the World Championships one more time. Would be the icing on the cake for such a great sports personality. Shows he is a true champ as well by acknowledging that he was beat by the better player on this occasion. But for all those so called snooker experts Stephen Hendry is the greatest snooker player of all time and although Ronnie plays an excellent game himself he still has a long way to go before he reaches the heights of Hendry.

Archived