Basso.

fordy

Francis Albert
On the radio this morning Basso asking for 7k per week!

Bye Bye Basso!:wave1:

When the story broke yesterday his agent was moaning about only being offered less than half the wages of some players who wren't in the first team (Pinilla, Tall?), so this sounds about right. Vlad's fault of course.

Jambof3tornado

There are plenty of better keepers out there who would cost us half that!!!!

Tattie bye Anthony. Well done Vlad.

PR machine kicks into action ... former managers have a drink problem, Takis and Rudi have 'flu, Craig Gordon needs 'rest' before a Scotland get together so he is 'rested', Craig Gordon has 'flu, Hartley asked for another transfer request, Rudi didn't try for the second half of the season because he was scared of getting injured, our former captain was wearing the hoops under his Hearts shirt ...

Somebody might have been putting out a spoiler ...

Charlie-Brown
PR machine kicks into action ... former managers have a drink problem, Takis and Rudi have 'flu, Craig Gordon needs 'rest' before a Scotland get together so he is 'rested', Craig Gordon has 'flu, Hartley asked for another transfer request, Rudi didn't try for the second half of the season because he was scared of getting injured, our former captain was wearing the hoops under his Hearts shirt ...

A Spoiler or putting the record straight? His agent claimed he'd been made a derisory offer - ?7K or even 7K-euro's is hardly derisory is it? Well unless your Pierre Van Hoijdonk and believe that's a good wage only if you are homeless. :)

A Spoiler or putting the record straight? His agent claimed he'd been made a derisory offer - ?7K or even 7K-euro's is hardly derisory is it? Well unless your Pierre Van Hoijdonk and believe that's a good wage only if you are homeless. :)

Your assuming thats the figure he asked for. I doubt the agent released those figures.

Where does it say he was offered ?7k a week? As far as I can see that's what he wanted.

Charlie-Brown

Regardless if he's been offered ?2K, ?5K, ?7K or ?10K per week it is insulting to fans who earn a LOT less to say the offer is derisory !

Regardless if he's been offered ?2K, ?5K, ?7K or ?10K per week it is insulting to fans who earn a LOT less to say the offer is derisory !

That is true, I just hope the other overpaid players, or players who demand too muich are treated similiarly and told where to go.

Charlie-Brown
That is true, I just hope the other overpaid players, or players who demand too muich are treated similiarly and told where to go.

All the Agent had to say was Hearts offer does not match what we believe the player is worth and leave it at that.

He can GTF if true. I'm chuffed if I earn ?500 a week!

He's nothing special anyway. I suggest that there are 'keepers in the lower leagues just as good if not better than Basso who would come to Hearts for ?700 p/w!

IMO a club like ours should pay one or two KEY players 10k a week max. The rest should be on 5k or less.

We are an absolute disgrace. No fecking wonder we cannot punt these over-paid under-achievers. Who in their right mind would leave a cushy number like a lot of the Hearts boys have bagged themselves (most of them for hardly ever playing)??????

I'd love to see the breakdown of our wage bill although think I'd probably spew if I did.

That's where your ST money's going, folks!

Drylaw Hearts

If it is ?7k per week he wants then I think that will be around ?2k-?3k above our best basic wage offer to new players.

The offer to Basso is actually too much - whatever it is.

I'm begging that whoever is resposible for offering players new deals to stop right now.

You don't know what you're doing.

Geoff Kilpatrick
If it is ?7k per week he wants then I think that will be around ?2k-?3k above our best basic wage offer to new players.

The offer to Basso is actually too much - whatever it is.

I'm begging that whoever is resposible for offering players new deals to stop right now.

You don't know what you're doing.

Is it Lopez or Ogilvie?

If it's the latter, perhaps he has a little more financial acumen than the numpty in charge of "stadium development".

Guest JamboRobbo

Surely not. Nice spin Charlie Mann as usual.....I'm just glad to know that Roman has the cure to the cancer at our club.....:rofl:

Captain Canada

He's a very average player with a tendency to make basic errors - the most astonishing thing about this is the fact we wanted to offer him a new contract at all. Jamie McDonald should be given a chance next season with Banksy as back-up. Cheaper option too.

The People's Chimp
Surely not. Nice spin Charlie Mann as usual.....I'm just glad to know that Roman has the cure to the cancer at our club.....:rofl:

Indeed. One little call to a journo and release a magical 7K figure as if from thin air. Result? The moans have stopped and it's basso - GTF.

I have to agree with a couple of folk above. Looks to me that this figure was released to make Basso the enemy as opposed to Vlad in some vain attempt to justify him being dropped by our owner.

Doubt he asked for anything like that.

Indeed. One little call to a journo and release a magical 7K figure as if from thin air. Result? The moans have stopped and it's basso - GTF.

Maybe it's completely made up

Maybe it's the correct figure,

Maybe the agent was opening at a speculative ?7K expecting to have to close at something a bit less (that's my guess)

What's obvious though was that the leaking of this number to the press was a blatant attempt to influence public opinion although to be fair Basso's agent was up to similar high jinks yesterday so he can hardly complain when it comes back at him and his client.

Squabbles between players and clubs over money presumably happen all the time. When it happens in public view however it's rare for either party to retain much dignity

Hans von Luck
2K would be too much for that dumpling

Agreed Jamie MacDonald would be a better shout than than imposter.

Not much better than Eddie Scissorhands

Guest JamboRobbo
All the Agent had to say was Hearts offer does not match what we believe the player is worth and leave it at that.

And all Rodney had to say was admit they've ****ed up, but no, he had to try and pin the blame for their failures on the SFA and referees.

Yet I never hear you having a go at Rodney for some reason. :sad:

He is not even 1st choice. I think it would be best if he tried his luck elsewhere as we need to keep the wage bill down.

I have to agree with a couple of folk above. Looks to me that this figure was released to make Basso the enemy as opposed to Vlad in some vain attempt to justify him being dropped by our owner.

Doubt he asked for anything like that.

ANd there we have it, the reason why the club do not tells us anything, as whenever something comes out, we say it is Vlad lying and although he has brought some of it upon himself, he will stay secretive if we say everything is a lie by Vlad, even if he is not quoted as the source.

boabyarsebiscuit

Why not go the whole hog? Not only does Anthony Basso want wage parity with Michael Ballack at Chelsea, he has also supported Celtic since he was a foetus and used to canoe from France to Parkhead every second week to watch his boyhood heroes in action. His dream is to play for Celtic and he wears a green-and-white jockstrap under his shorts every time he plays for Hearts.

And he was rubbish a few weeks back at Killie where he single-handedly kept the score from being about 0-4 at halftime.

He can bolt!

portobellojambo1

Think you are possibly closest of all with the above remark. I doubt Basso's agent would be daft enough to expect ?7,000 per week, in fact I am not sure he would even be daft enough to ask for it, although with the total shop front we have made of contracts, be it giving players wrong amounts, or 5 year deals when they should have been put against a wall and shot it is no wonder anyone and everyone will chance their mitt.

Guest JamboRobbo
ANd there we have it, the reason why the club do not tells us anything, as whenever something comes out, we say it is Vlad lying and although he has brought some of it upon himself, he will stay secretive if we say everything is a lie by Vlad, even if he is not quoted as the source.

Only some of it? Which part did he not bring on himself then?

On the radio this morning Basso asking for 7k per week!

Bye Bye Basso!:wave1:

Funny how we're suddenly trusting the BBC's unsubstantiated rumours ;)

Charlie-Brown

Basso's agent used the media yesterday to manipulate the situation for his own purposes - if Hearts (or any football club) respond in a similar manner - what's the problem with that?

Guest JamboRobbo
Basso's agent used the media yesterday to manipulate the situation for his own purposes - if Hearts (or any football club) respond in a similar manner - what's the problem with that?

No problem, if what HMFC say is true, and they put names to the quotes.

They way they go about it however, is to leak the info, which may or may not be true (doesn't really matter to CM ), off the record so it can't be traced back to HMFC, then if HMFC spokespersons are ever asked about it, they just deny it.

Basically, they get to "suggest" lies to justify their decisions. Leading to all the bs we've had to put up with for the past 3 years.

And don't worry, I don't expect you to see or admit the problem with that situation where it is not possible to trust a single word anyone from HMFC says or implies or leaks.

alwaysthereinspirit

If we do re-sign him this board will go into melt down.

Everyone will then believe he signed for at least 7000 a week.

Nice work if you can get it. 8 games started. 45500 a game for next season.

The kid McDonald will be feeling really wanted if they sign Basso.

If he is asking for ?7k a week then that is just ridiculos. Absolutely madness!

Thanks but no thanks. Just get MacDonald back and another keeper.

I laughed outloud when i read on the bbc that basso was demanding ?7000 a week. He's looked ok in some games this season but has hardly proved himself indespensible enough to be making ludicrous wage demands like this.

That is assuming the bbc have got their facts right. Which they probably haven't.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I would expect the owner to freeze out a player who asked for that amount of money. Plenty decent 'keepers out there for less than ?7k a week.

Bugsy Siegel

If it is true that Basso was wanting 7k a week then for once mad Vlad for me is correct on this one.

Trust is earned.

I couldn't really care less about sound bytes from the club.

Action please.

Ray Winstone

If he has asked for 7k a week then Basso can GTF!

Much better out there for less.

Archived