This picture sums up the cowboy plumber

haarpbeam

I believe him to be an average youth coach promoted way beyond his abilities to a position he can't cope with. Hounding him out is not the answer though.

this 100%

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never wanted the clueless ***** and wish we would **** off as soon as possible.

This in spades!!!

He has to go, sooner the better before people start voting with their feet.

The People's Chimp

With the squad depleted I'm not sure any manager would be able to do better tbh...:(

:rofl:

Depleted squad?

:rofl:

Spl quality from top to bottom.

He's pish really, called by many from the start.

Cue young, poor squad calls but its a first team that should be sitting above Hibs at the very least.

I fully expect bawheids a plenty giving me grief for this point of view.

Roasters are out in force on this thread.

Some of the comments about our manager are quite shameful. Even if he turns the results around I get the feeling he will still not be accepted.

His only qualification is being John Murrays mate.

:facepalm:

He's better qualified than Hartley, Pressley or Cameron and they would be widely welcomed.

Some of the comments about our manager are quite shameful. Even if he turns the results around I get the feeling he will still not be accepted.

Are you his laddie or something?

He is a ******* nightmare!

rossthejambo

Calling him a crap manager isn't shameful.

I'll tell you what is shameful, giving the players abuse on the pitch, not questioning or slagging the manager off on an internet messageboard. (Not suggesting you do btw, but there are a high number on here happy to slate players at Tynie but get precious about McGlynn's ability being called into question on here)

Are you his laddie or something?

He is a ******* nightmare!

Let me spell this out for you...

WE

DON'T

HAVE

A

SEMI

DECENT

STRIKER

And please don't suggest Sutton, he is an absolute carthorse.

We are creating plenty chances but have nobody to finish them off. How on earth is that Mcglyns fault? Has he been able to sign anyone?

We were honking last season and I actually think we are playing better football in an attacking sense now. We don't have Rudi and his 18 goals now, that's a big difference. Oh, and Sergio was quite funny in press conferences and wore a maroon cardigan.

But for the fantastic run in the cup last season, it would have been a terrible season.

You really think we would get 2nd without JM?

We were pish last season (SC aside of course) and we finished 5th, this season we have a weaker team.

Christ we'll be lucky to get top 6 with or without McGlynn.

This.

Never wanted the clueless ***** and wish we would **** off as soon as possible.

FAO rossthejambo

Here is an example of a shameful post. Pretty sure this doesn't say "I don't like Mcglyn because I think he is a bad manager."

Let me spell this out for you...

WE

DON'T

HAVE

A

SEMI

DECENT

STRIKER

And please don't suggest Sutton, he is an absolute carthorse.

We are creating plenty chances but have nobody to finish them off. How on earth is that Mcglyns fault? Has he been able to sign anyone?

We were honking last season and I actually think we are playing better football in an attacking sense now. We don't have Rudi and his 18 goals now, that's a big difference. Oh, and Sergio was quite funny in press conferences and wore a maroon cardigan.

But for the fantastic run in the cup last season, it would have been a terrible season.

Hope your Faither gets the bullet soon. ******* clueless *****.

rossthejambo

FAO rossthejambo

Here is an example of a shameful post. Pretty sure this doesn't say "I don't like Mcglyn because I think he is a bad manager."

That's shameful? Just because it has a few expletives doesn't make it shameful.

IMO that's exactly what it says btw.

He's a cracker this one eh!

He is manager (1st team coach) of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, so yes, talking about him in this manner is shameful from a supporter.

He is manager (1st team coach) of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, so yes, talking about him in this manner is shameful from a supporter.

Dry yer eyes!

Dry yer eyes!

:lol:

Mine are perfectly dry.

You on the other hand need to dry your pants, as there is far too much wetting going on. :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Rubbish.

Mine are perfectly dry.

You on the other hand need to dry your pants, as there is far too much wetting going on. :thumbsup:

:cornette:

Mine are perfectly dry.

Never has a user name been more apt!!! :lol:

You are clearly off your chump and should ask the nurse for your medication soon before it's too late..............

The Treasurer

I'm not/never have been a JM fan, but I'm not a "JM must go" drama queen either.

The points I will make though :

Yes the squad is weaker so it was always possible we'd struggle this season, especially without a playmaker and a striker, neither of which are the managers fault, however can anyone else who was at the game on Saturday (I know that's the minority on here) tell me what formation we were playing, what position Stevenson was meant to be and why if he was fit did we not play the best CH in the country and restore Barr to DM where he has been playing very well.

These are points that are down to JM.

Victor Meldrew

There have been some ridiculous posts on this message board from time to time, but I think this is in a league of its own.

You're basically saying that we can't slag off the manager?

Victor Meldrew

ok, for a start im not a "McGlynn defender" I wasn't convinced by his appointment and hes done nothing thus far to change my mind, however he's the man in the chair so we might as well back him instead of clamouring for his sacking.

Yes other teams have lost players but they at least have been able to bring in replacements, we've not had that luxury. We lost our main goal threat and our playmaker and not replaced them, we now have to rely on a 17 year old and a striker who wasn't deemed good enough last year to get our goals.

So, I wouldn't say I was a "McGlynn Defender", maybe more of a realist.

I take a different view.

I still maintain that our squad is stronger than most of the others in the SPL, and certainly far stronger than the teams that have beaten us this season, and ICT, Aberdeen and Hibs, all of whom we have failed to beat. I think that's a realistic view.

I also don't see what giving McGlynn time will achieve, other than ******* up this season. He's out of his depth and we should get rid before it's too late.

I take a different view.

I still maintain that our squad is stronger than most of the others in the SPL, and certainly far stronger than the teams that have beaten us this season, and ICT, Aberdeen and Hibs, all of whom we have failed to beat. I think that's a realistic view.

I also don't see what giving McGlynn time will achieve, other than ******* up this season. He's out of his depth and we should get rid before it's too late.

Im really on the fence now although there`s something in what you say.....we keep hearing people say our squad is stronger than most of the others, but when are we going to prove that?

What will it take to prove that?

Our squad was average prior to JJ coming back in his second spell, but look at what he done short term before he could start from scratch in the close season following that. He made us attacking again, he got the juices flowing in the players and had the team properly focused and motivated ...... we saw progress despite still the odd slip up which was expected.

Maybe its the players not giving more? Maybe its the manager not being good enough? Maybe we are jumping the gun and not being patient enough?

Its a difficult one just now but i laugh at those who wanted JJ out big time ,this time last year.......all in the past now i suppose.

There have been some ridiculous posts on this message board from time to time, but I think this is in a league of its own.

You're basically saying that we can't slag off the manager?

Not what I'm saying at all. Far from it. But the vitriol we can do without. The way people are behaving is ridiculous right now.

Published on Monday 1 October 2012 12:00

HEARTS manager John ?McGlynn revealed today that he left Andy Webster on the ?substitutes? bench against ?Kilmarnock because he did not want to change the defence which helped record consecutive wins over Dundee United and Livingston.

he speaks. :blink:

Although Webster had ?recovered from back and hip problems, McGlynn kept ?Darren Barr and Marius Zaliukas as his central defensive pairing on Saturday as Cillian Sheridan?s hat-trick secured a 3-1 win for Kilmarnock.

The manager said he felt obliged to show faith in those who had contributed to Hearts? successive victories over United?and Livingston, hence the ?decision to leave Webster out.

?It was purely down to the fact that, in the last two games, the players have played exceptionally well and got two good victories. Simple as that,? McGlynn told the Evening News. ?The ?defenders did well in those games and it wouldn?t have been fair to leave anyone out. Andy was fit. I explained my decision to him before the game and we will assess things now.?

McGlynn admitted that Hearts had conceded some ?soft? goals. He would, however, not be drawn on whether ?Webster will be reinstated to the team for Sunday?s visit to Celtic Park. ?We?ll just need to wait and see how that one goes,? he said. :whistling:

Or wait till the fax comes through :blink:

mahgrassyshoes

Published on Monday 1 October 2012 12:00

HEARTS manager John ?McGlynn revealed today that he left Andy Webster on the ?substitutes? bench against ?Kilmarnock because he did not want to change the defence which helped record consecutive wins over Dundee United and Livingston.

he speaks. :blink:

Although Webster had ?recovered from back and hip problems, McGlynn kept ?Darren Barr and Marius Zaliukas as his central defensive pairing on Saturday as Cillian Sheridan?s hat-trick secured a 3-1 win for Kilmarnock.

The manager said he felt obliged to show faith in those who had contributed to Hearts? successive victories over United?and Livingston, hence the ?decision to leave Webster out.

?It was purely down to the fact that, in the last two games, the players have played exceptionally well and got two good victories. Simple as that,? McGlynn told the Evening News. ?The ?defenders did well in those games and it wouldn?t have been fair to leave anyone out. Andy was fit. I explained my decision to him before the game and we will assess things now.?

McGlynn admitted that Hearts had conceded some ?soft? goals. He would, however, not be drawn on whether ?Webster will be reinstated to the team for Sunday?s visit to Celtic Park. ?We?ll just need to wait and see how that one goes,? he said. :whistling:

Or wait till the fax comes through :blink:

I think that is all fair enough, tbh. Webster has to come back for Sunday, though.

alwaysthereinspirit

We need to get him out ASAP if we want to finish 2nd, you can stick up for him all u want but he is taking us down the wrong path.

yeah lets bring in whats his name. He's a great motivator. He'll lift the players we have straight to 2nd.:whistling:

We left out the best centre back in the spl to play Darren Barr :blink:

I think Webster is probably the one player in the team who must play if fit, regarless of any other factor.

McGlynn has got that one wrong.

I'm not/never have been a JM fan, but I'm not a "JM must go" drama queen either.

The points I will make though :

Yes the squad is weaker so it was always possible we'd struggle this season, especially without a playmaker and a striker, neither of which are the managers fault, however can anyone else who was at the game on Saturday (I know that's the minority on here) tell me what formation we were playing, what position Stevenson was meant to be and why if he was fit did we not play the best CH in the country and restore Barr to DM where he has been playing very well.

These are points that are down to JM.

Spot on regarding your last sentence. Have just read JM's rationale for leaving out Webster in the Evening News. Sort of admire his loyalty to sticking with the defence but any manager with any nous would never leave out a fit Andy Webster. Easily our best player and organiser and this decision by JM probably tells us what many of us suspect, that regardless of the poverty of quality available he really isn't up to it. A fit AW is a no brainer and as you say it would have given us an option of DB going into midfield and pushing Stevenson behind Patterson.

Victor Meldrew

I think that is all fair enough, tbh. Webster has to come back for Sunday, though.

I don't. I think our best team obviously has Webster at centre back and Barr as the defensive midfielder and that McGlynn should have gone with that. Agree about next week.

itsnomarooned

His only qualification is being John Murrays mate.

Is there actually any substance to this rather than it being a throwaway remark which when often repeated somehow becomes fact?

maroonlegions

Barr in were Stevo is playing just now,Stevo up supporting Paterson ,Webby back were he belongs,now the question here is every one else can see the logic with that ,WHY cant our manager.whistling.gif

mahgrassyshoes

I don't. I think our best team obviously has Webster at centre back and Barr as the defensive midfielder and that McGlynn should have gone with that. Agree about next week.

Grainger is, on paper, is our best left back but there is a thread clamouring for him to be dropped because he's got complacent knowing he's pretty much a first choice..

Our best squad has Webster in it, no doubt, but putting him straight back in on the back of 2 good performances only runs the risk of giving him a reason to get complacent and leaving the player who played well not bothering to try a leg because there's no reward as they'll be dropped for the boys that are suspended/injured.

I take a different view.

Agree, it would have helped had our Director of Football convinced our board

To sign a striker instead of Stevenson. I still find it incredible that teams like Killie and St Jonstone can signs strikers ahead of us even though we have had to cut back.

Archived