Condolence threads on JKB: discussion

Rawrrrrrrr

Thats a shame.

As I said, I dont do the condolences bit. Unless I knew somebody personally.

Of course and I agree. It was simply used to show that football players pass away, some during the act of playing football and it gets less publicity than the passing of a famous players relative.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benny Factor

Do you think either Mrs Lampard or even Frank himself had ever heard of Kickback before this thread started?

Do you think he will ever hear of it in the future?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Was your colleague a well know professional footballer who everyone on this forum knows? It's not the same mate!

Sorry, but no-one on this forum 'knows' him. He's just someone you see on tv.

coppercrutch
Christ, I hope Sepp Blatter's granny doesn't fall down the stairs tomorrow and croak it...

Thread: Condolences to Sepp Blatter - NHC

Post 1. "RIP Sepp Blatters granny. Thinking of him at this difficult time."

Post 2. "I'll raise a glass to old Frau Blatter tonight. She's in a better place now."

Post 3. "Will there be a minutes silence before the ICT game ? RIP auld yin."

Post 4. "Chin up Sepp, life goes on mate. All the best."

etc

You forgot the most important one !!

Post 5. Puts it all int perspective...

I have yet to understand why hearing that a complete stranger has died puts anything into perspective? Surely these people know that good people die every day ? If they don't then maybe they should get out more.

Anyway if a person has a direct link with the people of JKB, be it a fellow JKB poster, a Hearts footballer, A Hearts footballers family, an old Hearts Legend etc....

I reckon if someone wants to do a condolences thread about that sort of thing fair enough. Any more is just looking for attention. IMO.

Drew Busby !
You forgot the most important one !!

Post 5. Puts it all int perspective...

I have yet to understand why hearing that a complete stranger has died puts anything into perspective? Surely these people know that good people die every day ? If they don't then maybe they should get out more.

Anyway if a person has a direct link with the people of JKB, be it a fellow JKB poster, a Hearts footballer, A Hearts footballers family, an old Hearts Legend etc....

I reckon if someone wants to do a condolences thread about that sort of thing fair enough. Any more is just looking for attention. IMO.

Agreed CC.

We'd still have some difficult grey areas though on the criteria for eligibility. What about much loved family pets with a Hearts connection ... the faithful old labrador named Robbo thats retrieved it's last stick, the tortoise called Clum that never wakes up from hibernation ... ;)

They're all higher up my grief-chain than EPL footballers mums :rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Agreed CC.

We'd still have some difficult grey areas though on the criteria for eligibility. What about much loved family pets with a Hearts connection ... the faithful old labrador named Robbo thats retrieved it's last stick, the tortoise called Clum that never wakes up from hibernation ... ;)

They're all higher up my grief-chain than EPL footballers mums :rolleyes:

I had a goldfish when i was younger, he never tired of watching old Hearts videos, sadly due to circumstances he could not attend the games. When we lost him it was very sad.

Really puts things like football in their place.

RIP Robbofish.

Drew Busby !
I had a goldfish when i was younger, he never tired of watching old Hearts videos, sadly due to circumstances he could not attend the games. When we lost him it was very sad.

Really puts things like football in their place.

RIP Robbofish.

At least he's beside Cod now.

Guest S.U.S.S.
At least he's beside Cod now.

True, sorry to carp on about it.

Just leaves me feeling battered sometimes.

Drew Busby !

I understand S.U.S.S. , its a terribly sad tail.

Sometimes mate to be honest, the best thing to do when the grief overwhelms you... is just to go out and get bladdered.

I P Knightley

I'm floundering to find the right words to express my grief.

He's in a better plaice.

kennygarland1
My mum once said to me if you've got nothing nice to say ....

You obviously did'nt listen:rolleyes:

Drew Busby !
I'm floundering to find the right words to express my grief.

He's in a better plaice.

He's up there now having a whale of a time.

S.U.S.S. ... anytime that you need a shoal-der to cry on, we're here for you.

Guest S.U.S.S.
He's up there now having a whale of a time.

S.U.S.S. ... anytime that you need a shoal-der to cry on, we're here for you.

Im sure all you heart warming posts fill his sole with joy.

My son's goldfish died this afternoon. I hope all you sick barstewards who've been making fish jokes on this thread can salmon up the decency to apologise for your insensitivity.

Drew Busby !

It warms the cockles of my heart when the JKB family comes togther at times like this.

My goldfish's last wish was to put 500 squid behind the bar of his local, and have a jukebox playing all his favorite tuna's. Unfortunately some drunken spratts ruined it all. I knew I should have put some hired mussel on the door...

Guest S.U.S.S.
My son's goldfish died this afternoon. I hope all you sick barstewards who've been making fish jokes on this thread can salmon up the decency to apologise for your insensitivity.

He was a **** goldfish, Robbofish was a great!;)

Harry Palmer

This may have nothing to do with Football but Humphrey Lyttelton, legendary jazz musician, aged 86, has passed away...... Before you say 'who?'(Like I did)it's on the BBC website, main story....

This may have nothing to do with Football but Humphrey Lyttelton, legendary jazz musician, aged 86, has passed away...... Before you say 'who?'(Like I did)it's on the BBC website, main story....

Exactly. As insensitive as it is to say, people die everyday. It doesn't make it any less tragic but it is a fact of life. If it was a family member of a Hearts player (past or present) or a footballer himself then I would understand.

I tend to agree with Prancer, but don't really see the point in getting worked up over it. The threads are pretty harmless.

Rick Grimes
Get a grip and ask for the mods to delete your post.

And you wonder why nobody likes you.

agreed 100%.

to those backing Prancer - what exactly is it that annoys you so much about people offering condolences, even of they'll never be read by the person involved? does the waste of bandwidth get your back up? do you think people should never offer condolences to people they don't directly know?

end of the day, if you don't wish to offer your sympathies then don't open the thread. there's hundreds of others to choose from. leave them to those that do.

of course, some of you, and you know who you are, just love the attention....

coppercrutch
agreed 100%.

to those backing Prancer - what exactly is it that annoys you so much about people offering condolences, even of they'll never be read by the person involved? does the waste of bandwidth get your back up? do you think people should never offer condolences to people they don't directly know?

end of the day, if you don't wish to offer your sympathies then don't open the thread. there's hundreds of others to choose from. leave them to those that do.

of course, some of you, and you know who you are, just love the attention....

I think it is those who endlessly post random RIP threads who are the real attention seekers....:rolleyes:

I would have no problem if these people actually meant it. However if they actually mean it they would have to do a thread for every single person that dies every single day REGARDLESS OF THEIR FAME OR NOT.

They pick and choose who they want to have 'sympathy' for. That proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that this 'sympathy' is fake. IMO.

Rick Grimes
I think it is those who endlessly post random RIP threads who are the real attention seekers....:rolleyes:

I would have no problem if these people actually meant it. However if they actually mean it they would have to do a thread for every single person that dies every single day REGARDLESS OF THEIR FAME OR NOT.

They pick and choose who they want to have 'sympathy' for. That proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that this 'sympathy' is fake. IMO.

its a newsworthy story, so if that jogs people into posting a thread then why not?

for the record, i didn't leave any condolences because i know nothing about the woman, but if others feel they want to start a thread why is it an issue?

coppercrutch
its a newsworthy story, so if that jogs people into posting a thread then why not?

for the record, i didn't leave any condolences because i know nothing about the woman, but if others feel they want to start a thread why is it an issue?

I think it is in serious bad taste. 'Condolences' for a complete stranger are, IMO, quite sick. And these posters reactions when questioned on their motives is usually out of order too.

But this thread is interesting anyway. Seeing everyones different points of view. If we were all the same it would be boring.

Rick Grimes
I think it is in serious bad taste. 'Condolences' for a complete stranger are, IMO, quite sick. And these posters reactions when questioned on their motives is usually out of order too.

But this thread is interesting anyway. Seeing everyones different points of view. If we were all the same it would be boring.

gotta disagree. i see it as harmless, whilst i see berating people for offering condolences far sicker.

but like you say, potato, potato...

Drew Busby !

Absolutely.

"RIP some african bloke/woman/child" would be more to the point and a good deal less fake.

If folks are that bothered about random death, then divert 2 quid a week from their paypacket to someone who could use it to save themselves and their family.

Anything else eg Frank Lampards mum on a Hearts site, is bogus self-congratulatory sh|te

'Condolences' for a complete stranger are, IMO, quite sick.

coppercrutch - wildly OTT? Never!

For what it's worth, I find the majority of "RIP" threads to be exercises in bogus-ness.

• 3 weeks later...
coppercrutch

:rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
:rolleyes:

Go on ANY Scottish football forum right now and you will see a Tommy Burns condolence thread. :rolleyes:

coppercrutch
Go on ANY Scottish football forum right now and you will see a Tommy Burns condolence thread. :rolleyes:

Great. "National" false sympathy. Just what we need. :dribble:

Where are the RIP threads for the hundreds of thousands of people killed in Myanmar and China.....

Oh yes I forgot, they are not famous so they don't deserve it. How sad. How very, very, very, very sad.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Where are the RIP threads for the hundreds of thousands of people killed in Myanmar and China.....

Oh yes I forgot, they are not famous so they don't deserve it. How sad. How very, very, very, very sad.

I've not even contributed to the thread but I find your annoyance on this subject a bit strange.

Don't worry CC, if you kick the bucket I'm sure we will have a thread for you. :)

coppercrutch
I've not even contributed to the thread but I find your annoyance on this subject a bit strange.

Don't worry CC, if you kick the bucket I'm sure we will have a thread for you. :)

No !! That would be my worst nightmare !!!

It annoys me because of a very obvious thing....:rolleyes:

Certain people who are not even connected to Hearts are deemed to be more worthy of 'condolences' just because they are famous. IMO that is sick.

Have a look at the terrace and work out what I am saying. I would spell it out but don't think that would be in my best interests..... :rolleyes:

Yes I agree, lets start it now.

RIP COPPERCRUTCH -HE MOANED A LOT BUT WASN'T ALL THAT BAD.

I dont post on the RIP threads but those who do are free to and I would never condemn them. That would be pretty petty.

Craigieboy

Most of us never knew anyone involved in the disasters.

In addition, Tommy Burns was a guy most people on here can relate to. Loved his club, loved his family, loved Scotland.

Whats the problem with paying tribute to a well know & well liked public figure?

Some people lead a life that earns respect & admiration at the point of their passing. Others don't.

Fairly simple really.

coppercrutch
Most of us never knew anyone involved in the disasters.

In addition, Tommy Burns was a guy most people on here can relate to. Loved his club, loved his family, loved Scotland.

Whats the problem with paying tribute to a well know & well liked public figure?

Some people lead a life that earns respect & admiration at the point of their passing. Others don't.

Fairly simple really.

You have answered your own question.

chester copperpot
You have answered your own question.

I bet you'd be crawling all over a thread saying RIP to one of Rangers legends such as Davie Cooper or Jim Baxter.

coppercrutch
I bet you'd be crawling all over a thread saying RIP to one of Rangers legends such as Davie Cooper or Jim Baxter.

Eh ?

Craigieboy

It's the same old nonsense from the same people Andy.

A guy has died today. A really nice family man who loved his football.

He happened to be a RC & loved Celtic.

The folk that can't see past that are either 15 years old or thick just insensitive.

Poor show really.

davemclaren

Some people like threads about Estate Agents, house prices and how they are financial geniuses...others like RIP threads.

Where's the harm in any of them? :rolleyes:

chester copperpot
Eh ?

Its funny how you bring this up CC.

I like you mate, but I'm pretty annoyed at anyone denying people to give condolences to a footballing great on their doorstep.

I know the real reason wont come out, as you're too clever to do that, but I'm betting that if a Rangers legend had died today, you and your cronnie's would have been first to post on it.

coppercrutch
It's the same old nonsense from the same people Andy.

A guy has died today. A really nice family man who loved his football.

He happened to be a RC & loved Celtic.

The folk that can't see past that are either 15 years old or thick just insensitive.

Poor show really.

OMG. :eek:

The delusion is mental. I despise rangers FC and anyone who BOTHERED to read my threads would be very aware of this. You are just a perfect example of TARRING EVERYONE WITH THE SAME BRUSH.

Pathetic is not the word. So I am saying this because Burns was a Catholic !!?? :wacko:

FFS that is truly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

You have just accused me of being bigoted - that is completely out of order. I don't usually report posts but I will be reporting this one.

I will be reasonable though and allow you to apologise if you want to avoid that. I am a fair bloke after all.

A Boy Named Crow

I'm not having a go at anybody, and this isn't meant to be in any way controversial, I'm just curious as to what the point of an RIP thread is. Unless the friends and family of the deceased are Jambos and read Kickback, surely there is no point to it whatsoever? I just don't understand what purpose typing "RIP...was a good guy" etc actually serves.

Archived