Condolence threads on JKB: discussion

Rawrrrrrrr

Have sympathy for him but why exactly is it deserving of such a major news story?

Its not like lampard himself is dead

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pete Seeger

Why's some irrelevant woman in Londons death posted on a Hearts football forum. We're getting like Celtic.

Have sympathy for him but why exactly is it deserving of such a major news story?

Get a grip and ask for the mods to delete your post.

And you wonder why nobody likes you.

sorry theres every need

What the hell has frank lampards mother got to do with hearts, scottish football or even football

Hey ho

The mock grief on this site is ridicolous, it seems anytime someone dies these days that someone wants to mourn we have a RIP thread

Theres a time in place such as former players or the like but there is no need to have a thread of empty mock grief everytime someone dies

Carl Weathers

I tend to agree with Prancer.

I feel sorry for Lampard but don't see where it fits on a Hearts fansite.

Don't mean to cause offense, just calling it how I see it.

sorry theres every need

What the hell has frank lampards mother got to do with hearts, scottish football or even football

Hey ho

The mock grief on this site is ridicolous, it seems anytime someone dies these days that someone wants to mourn we have a RIP thread

Theres a time in place such as former players or the like but there is no need to have a thread of empty mock grief everytime someone dies

Give us a break. By all means open a separate thread on the subject but show some decency and respect for the views of others by refraining from expressing your insensitive critical comments alongside expressions of respectful sympathy and condolence.

Get a grip and ask for the mods to delete your post.

And you wonder why nobody likes you.

I would tend to agree with Prancer on this one.

As sad as death is in general, to link this to a football forum, especially one for a Scottish team, is tenuous at best.

Again, I mean no disrespect to the dead or to Frank Lampard, I just question the relevance to a football forum.

My mum once said to me if you've got nothing nice to say ....

...then sign up to kickback.

I actually sort of agree with Prancer,It does get a little silly at times.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
...then sign up to kickback.

I actually sort of agree with Prancer,It does get a little silly at times.

So do I but I didn't feel the need to tell the world. :)

Pete Seeger
sorry theres every need

Hey ho

Your spot on Prancer. I actually agree with most of what you say which is worrying . Anyway I'll leave everyone to their mourning

For once I actually agree with Prancer. As far as NHC threads go, this one is unnecessary. Lampard had a mother until well into his 20s - that?s a lot longer than many kids.

Thread is a little pointless. This is a Hearts message board not a Chelsea one. Yes, rich I know from my avatar.

Lampard will be sorely missed on Saturday though.

Nucky Thompson
Thread is a little pointless. This is a Hearts message board not a Chelsea one. Yes, rich I know from my avatar.

Lampard will be sorely missed on Saturday though.

But it's only a bit of respect from football fans to a great football player.

Ray Winstone

Got to agree with Prancer on this one (which is odd)

Not much need for it (on the main forum anyway) Perhaps the Shed would have been slightly more appropriate.

People die every single day - why are they less deserving of a 'Condolences' thread.

Can think of people who would be absolutely ****ed if one of their parents died - obviously you have to feel for anyone who loses a loved one but I dont think a thread on this particular occasion was neccesary.

coppercrutch
Give us a break. By all means open a separate thread on the subject but show some decency and respect for the views of others by refraining from expressing your insensitive critical comments alongside expressions of respectful sympathy and condolence.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Anyway I also agree with Prancer. There was a witchhunt against me a while back for daring to mention a similar thing. Funny thing was in the end many actually agreed with the point.

Very sad for Lampard and his family. But these things happen every day. Where does it stop?

Player for PSG has an uncle who died - does he also get a mention?

May sound ridiculous but it's only one step away from this thread....

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

Actually met her at one of the Euro away games with Frank snr, very nice lady for the 10 min chat we had.

Shame, although I agree with Prancer to an extent, why does it take so many of you attention seeking whores to repeat what hes said. Start a new thread if you want just leave this one for people who have morals and want to show some respect.

And Dexter or whatever your name is, did it really take you as admin to comment, nah it didnt.

There are threads on deaths the whole time on this board about people I've never heard of and didnt know, but I wont jump all over it asking why its up, do your ****ing job proper eh, who cares what you think but be consistent.

'How dare you speak to me like that,im admin" Can see it now.

I P Knightley
Oh the hypocrisy.

Anyway I also agree with Prancer. There was a witchhunt against me a while back for daring to mention a similar thing. Funny thing was in the end many actually agreed with the point.

Very sad for Lampard and his family. But these things happen every day. Where does it stop?

Player for PSG has an uncle who died - does he also get a mention?

May sound ridiculous but it's only one step away from this thread....

I learnt that a former colleague died the other week.

Not even 40 and with 2 kids - one under 2 months.

Should I have started a condolence thread?

I know I have the option to ignore this and similar threads but on seeing the title, I was tempted in a 'what now?' way. I mean no disrepect to the Lumpalard family but I fail to see what creating such a thread is intended to achieve.

At least this one's started a discussion - which is what we're all allegedly here for.

Ray Winstone
Actually met her at one of the Euro away games with Frank snr, very nice lady for the 10 min chat we had.

Shame, although I agree with Prancer to an extent, why does it take so many of you attention seeking whores to repeat what hes said. Start a new thread if you want just leave this one for people who have morals and want to show some respect.

And Dexter or whatever your name is, did it really take you as admin to comment, nah it didnt.

There are threads on deaths the whole time on this board about people I've never heard of and didnt know, but I wont jump all over it asking why its up, do your ****ing job proper eh, who cares what you think but be consistent.

'How dare you speak to me like that,im admin" Can see it now.

Ha - even though you have agreed with Prancer - and stated it on your very own post - you call everyone else who does "attention seeking whores" How very Ironic.

Also - this board is about opinions - and in some people's opinion this is a needless thread - which they have expressed in (mostly) an appropriate manner without clogging up the board with several threads on the same subject - which is something which happens frequently on this forum.

chester copperpot

Said on the Chelsea Liverpool thread that my thoughts were with Frank and his family (Im a Liverpool fan BTW). A sad loss, but really no need to create a thread to console the guy on here.

I dont want this escalating into a big debate, but it was a footballers mother who died who has no connections with Hearts, therefor feel its a bit inappropriate to start a thread on it.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Ha - even though you have agreed with Prancer - and stated it on your very own post - you call everyone else who does "attention seeking whores" How very Ironic.

Also - this board is about opinions - and in some people's opinion this is a needless thread - which they have expressed in (mostly) an appropriate manner without clogging up the board with several threads on the same subject - which is something which happens frequently on this forum.

I agreed with him on the point that its strange having it on this forum, but the thread was made so whats the problem with showing a bit of respect instead of the same ***** repeating what he said ? ? ?

FFS there was a thread here, fairly recently, with RIP posts about a horse that died/put down either at Cheltenham or Aintree forgotten which now.

Nucky Thompson
I learnt that a former colleague died the other week.

Not even 40 and with 2 kids - one under 2 months.

Should I have started a condolence thread?

I know I have the option to ignore this and similar threads but on seeing the title, I was tempted in a 'what now?' way. I mean no disrepect to the Lumpalard family but I fail to see what creating such a thread is intended to achieve.

At least this one's started a discussion - which is what we're all allegedly here for.

Was your colleague a well know professional footballer who everyone on this forum knows? It's not the same mate!

Commander Harris

for what it's worth I do think prancer has a point, all I was suggesting was that a thread expressing condolence might not be the best place to make that point.

and I'd agree with the mods that the shed was the best place for a thread like this.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

I'll tell you whats ironic though, I bet the same people moaning about a condolence thread to someone they never met, were the same gimps who were part of the outpouring of grief and contributed to a rememberance fund and charity activites to a guy who didnt even exist. 90% of this board got suckered in, embarrasing to say the least, a very good mate of mine who posts on here was adamant throughout he didnt exist and said so on another board and on here and was suspended.

But how dare anyone put up a condolence thread on an international player's mother dying in the run up to one of the most important weeks of his career.

Ray Winstone
I'll tell you whats ironic though, I bet the same people moaning about a condolence thread to someone they never met, were the same gimps who were part of the outpouring of grief and contributed to a rememberance fund and charity activites to a guy who didnt even exist. 90% of this board got suckered in, embarrasing to say the least, a very good mate of mine who posts on here was adamant throughout he didnt exist and said so on another board and on here and was suspended.

But how dare anyone put up a condolence thread on an international player's mother dying in the run up to one of the most important weeks of his career.

Something else Ironic - someone who labelled people "attention seeking whores" is now doing his best to get some attention, by spouting crap on the thread!

Keep up the good work matey!

Irvine-Jambo RIP.

ToadKiller Dog
for what it's worth I do think prancer has a point, all I was suggesting was that a thread expressing condolence might not be the best place to make that point.

and I'd agree with the mods that the shed was the best place for a thread like this.

Agree with those sentiments,what we have to realize that we live in a celebrity culture and footballers at the top english teams are celebrity and rightly or wrongly a lot of people have an interest in there lives and from that feel towards celebs when such things happen,not a choice i think is healthy but its where we are.I would allow those folk that feel that way to start a thread if they wish.

My own view the loss of a parent at any age is a shock for there family so yes i would feel sympathy for his family ,does it need a thread on a hearts site i would say not ,but i wouldnt get stuck into those who do.

Drew Busby !
Said on the Chelsea Liverpool thread that my thoughts were with Frank and his family (Im a Liverpool fan BTW). A sad loss, but really no need to create a thread to console the guy on here.

I dont want this escalating into a big debate, but it was a footballers mother who died who has no connections with Hearts, therefor feel its a bit inappropriate to start a thread on it.

Agreed. Agree also with Prancer, ukol and others. This kind of absurd synthetic sympathy that kicks off every time theres a death with a football connection - no matter how tenuous or how unrelated to the Hearts family - is bloody tedious.

This board was almost on the verge of a bloody Tommy Burns grief-fest two nights ago fer christs sake. Seems they don't even have to be properly dead these days before the RIP tributes start rolling in from grieving Kickbackers !

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Something else Ironic - someone who labelled people "attention seeking whores" is now doing his best to get some attention, by spouting crap on the thread!

Keep up the good work matey!

Irvine-Jambo RIP.

if this was a simple condolence thread without any of the 'ditto monkeys' comments I probably wouldnt even have commented. If there was a seperate thread re why threads are made for people who have little to no relevance to hearts I probably wouldnt have even read it.

Ray Winstone
Agreed. Agree also with Prancer, ukol and others. This kind of absurd synthetic sympathy that kicks off every time theres a death with a football connection - no matter how tenuous or how unrelated to the Hearts family - is bloody tedious.

This board was almost on the verge of a bloody Tommy Burns grief-fest two nights ago fer christs sake. Seems they don't even have to be properly dead these days before the RIP tributes start rolling in from grieving Kickbackers !

Or not even exist in the case of our dear departed friend Irvine-Jambo!

Ray Winstone
if this was a simple condolence thread without any of the 'ditto monkeys' comments I probably wouldnt even have commented. If there was a seperate thread re why threads are made for people who have little to no relevance to hearts I probably wouldnt have even read it.

As I have already stated - its all the same subject, therefore can be discussed under the same thread.

If people on here did not post when they agreed with other people then you might find that the post count on this forum would drop dramatically.

This Forum as a whole is about discussion, debate, opinions, agreement, disagreement etc or is that a concept that is lost on you?

I P Knightley
Was your colleague a well know professional footballer who everyone on this forum knows? It's not the same mate!

I think it's a fair analogy.

My colleague was as unknown to those on this forum as Mrs Lampard. In fact, there's more of a chance of there being someone else in JKB-land who knew her than there is of anyone knowing (and I mean beyond seeing her for a 10 minute chat) Mrs Lamps.

I think it's a fair analogy.

My colleague was as unknown to those on this forum as Mrs Lampard. In fact, there's more of a chance of there being someone else in JKB-land who knew her than there is of anyone knowing (and I mean beyond seeing her for a 10 minute chat) Mrs Lamps.

Mrs Lampard was well known in football circles as was her whole family. Her sister is married to Harry Rednapp and she was often seen supporting her son at matches.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
As I have already stated - its all the same subject, therefore can be discussed under the same thread.

If people on here did not post when they agreed with other people then you might find that the post count on this forum would drop dramatically.

This Forum as a whole is about discussion, debate, opinions, agreement, disagreement etc or is that a concept that is lost on you?

Your not really the brightest are you. If this had been a simple condolence thread it probably would have had maybe 3 or 4 replies and would have been off page 1 before you could say 'Irvine Jambo forever in our hearts'.

God forbid having another thread started, generally about why Hearts fans feel the need to have an outpouring of grief everytime someone dies, another thread really will clutter up this hotbed of internet discussion. Having the discussion on here lacks respect for people who may, unlikely as it is, either knew or met her or feel for Frank or any other member of the family, I dont expect you to understand though, end of thread for me, feel free to pm me :cool_shades:

Ray Winstone
Your not really the brightest are you. If this had been a simple condolence thread it probably would have had maybe 3 or 4 replies and would have been off page 1 before you could say 'Irvine Jambo forever in our hearts'.

God forbid having another thread started, generally about why Hearts fans feel the need to have an outpouring of grief everytime someone dies, another thread really will clutter up this hotbed of internet discussion. Having the discussion on here lacks respect for people who may, unlikely as it is, either knew or met her or feel for Frank or any other member of the family, I dont expect you to understand though, end of thread for me, feel free to pm me :cool_shades:

Another highly thought out thread - esspecially like how you are keen enough to carry on the discussion until you realise it goes against everything you have been saying - ooops!

I dont really see the need to PM you as I will just get another half ersed response from someone who has the sheer audacity to call other people "not really the brightest"

Not worth the energy.

I P Knightley
Mrs Lampard was well known in football circles as was her whole family. Her sister is married to Harry Rednapp and she was often seen supporting her son at matches.

I know who she was, thanks.

However, she'd never, until her death, crossed my consciousness nor, I suspect, that of the majority of JKBers hence my analogy.

I really should have gone with my gut instinct and ignored this thread altogether - I knew that no good would come of it.

Drew Busby !

Christ, I hope Sepp Blatter's granny doesn't fall down the stairs tomorrow and croak it...

Thread: Condolences to Sepp Blatter - NHC

Post 1. "RIP Sepp Blatters granny. Thinking of him at this difficult time."

Post 2. "I'll raise a glass to old Frau Blatter tonight. She's in a better place now."

Post 3. "Will there be a minutes silence before the ICT game ? RIP auld yin."

Post 4. "Chin up Sepp, life goes on mate. All the best."

etc

I know who she was, thanks.

However, she'd never, until her death, crossed my consciousness nor, I suspect, that of the majority of JKBers hence my analogy.

I really should have gone with my gut instinct and ignored this thread altogether - I knew that no good would come of it.

I have never offered my condolences to the Lampards but if others wish to that is their choice.

I was at a funeral on Wednesday, it was my cousins husband. He was 43 and and left two kids 5 and 9.

The 5 year old was howling as they laid him to rest in his grave. It was very distressing.

But I knew nobody on kickback would start a condolences thread and to be honest I didn't care. I dont think a football forum is the right place.

But to criticise others for doing so and caring is wrong.

winchester 73

Reading some of the comments on this thread brings home to me the continuing decline of kickback.

Some of you would cause a fight in an empty hoose.

Theres no fun anymore, just arguing. :mad:

My mum once said to me if you've got nothing nice to say ....

are you the REAL Alan Partridge, or just superbly in character today?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Tragic for Lampard and his immediate family, as every death is for the family concerned. Couldn't give a toss whether it's mentioned on KB or not - what I thought was ridiculous was that this was the number one sports story on the BBC website this morning. I would imagine that every single day the mother of an athlete dies in this country - why did they think this one was such a big deal? You would never log onto BBC and see that Thom Yorke's mother had died, or Jude Law etc. I thought that was really weird.

I think you might be feeling the wrath of the mods.:oopsoops::oopsoops:

It is the same, how well known is Frank Lampard's mother? Would you honestly have been able to name her prior to the report of her passing?

Laughable.

I await a condolence thread for the former Aberdeen player that passed away last week, and wait for condolences threads when such big sporting names of Scottish sport pass away like the tea lady that fell out with Souness and the C*lt!c fan that fell during a Glasgow derby.

I have never offered my condolences to the Lampards but if others wish to that is their choice.

I was at a funeral on Wednesday, it was my cousins husband. He was 43 and and left two kids 5 and 9.

The 5 year old was howling as they laid him to rest in his grave. It was very distressing.

But I knew nobody on kickback would start a condolences thread and to be honest I didn't care. I dont think a football forum is the right place.

But to criticise others for doing so and caring is wrong.

I don't think anybody is criticising members for showing either concern or for caring. It is simply out of place on a football forum, largely set up for Hearts fans. I see that this thread was moved to the Shed, that is sensible, at least here it is for subjects completely unrelated to football.

I am now off to see if the tragic case of the disabled lad that was murdered has been mentioned on JKB.

I don't think anybody is criticising members for showing either concern or for caring. It is simply out of place on a football forum, largely set up for Hearts fans. I see that this thread was moved to the Shed, that is sensible, at least here it is for subjects completely unrelated to football.

I am now off to see if the tragic case of the disabled lad that was murdered has been mentioned on JKB.

It has been now.:)

Archived